Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,318 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Fight With Brother's Wife. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fight With Brother's Wife. (3248 Views)

I Am Having Issues With My Brother’s Wife And Her Two Sisters / My Brother's Wife Served Me With Just A Meat Instead Of Two Meats / How LUTH Officials Conspired With Brother’s Lover To Hide, Loot Him: Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fight With Brother's Wife. by sasural: 9:46pm On Oct 15, 2016
Delete
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by vicben27(m): 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2016
.bro some of dis woman ar crazy dis dayz but advice do ur best nt to involve urself in der family matter cuz he wil alwayz b on her side. mak sure derz a little distance dat way u earn ur respect, try to b independent! dnt qurel wit a woman at d end of d day i'll end up lookin stupid
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by sasural: 9:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
vicben27:
.bro some of dis woman ar crazy dis dayz but advice do ur best nt to involve urself in der family matter cuz he wil alwayz b on her side. mak sure derz a little distance dat way u earn ur respect, try to b independent! dnt qurel wit a woman at d end of d day i'll end up lookin stupid

I'm female... She's about 4 years older than me
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 15, 2016
Lemme nuh talk now before family issue experts will start disturbing ma mentions grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by vicben27(m): 10:10pm On Oct 15, 2016
sasural:

I'm female... She's about 4 years older than me
ok ur moniker indicted a male well u knw hw dis tinz go sometimes u jst learn to ignor sometinz as along as ur nt stayin wit dem u women ar so emotional let dem leav der life n let him carry his cross. soon enough u'll b married too
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by Omofairy(f): 10:22pm On Oct 15, 2016
I like that you are female, means u may decide to get married someday. Now put yourself in her shoes, would you enjoy having your sister-in-law who is 4yrs younger relate with you the way you relate with her? There must be a reason your mum likes her. +no matter what you do, it won't mak him divorce his WIFE. Shes his closest family now. Not you, not your dad or brother. Just play nice, and do to others as you want them to do to you.

16 Likes

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by sisisioge: 10:44pm On Oct 15, 2016
Babes, pls apologize to her and leave her to her own. Avoid her like a plague. In fact, the fact that you dropped voice today has taken your relationship to another level...just say sorry and leave her and her husband alone. No too talk.

1 Like

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by sasural: 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2016
Delete
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by sasural: 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2016
sisisioge:
Babes, pls apologize to her and leave her to her own. Avoid her like a plague. In fact, the fact that you dropped voice today has taken your relationship to another level...just say sorry and leave her and her husband alone. No too talk.
Thanks. I think I'll do just that. When they come to visit and eat dinner, I'll say hi and move on to another part of the house.

1 Like

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by delishpot: 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
People react to us the way we react to them subconsciously. Believe me, when you stop feeling mad at her and start genuinely caring g aaput her in your heart(not saying go lick her ass, just like her soul even if you do not accept what her flesh is doing) avoid her trouble and see her like a sister.
I do not know how you too talk to her, I can not judge your idea of talking in a condescending manner to you.
Tell her the way she spoke to you did not go down well, and you are sorry if she picked offence in the way you replied.
Sorry nnu

3 Likes

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by Chubhie: 5:26am On Oct 16, 2016
You guys should give room and distance to the couple. 11,000 km for a start.

2 Likes

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by lilmax(m): 6:34am On Oct 16, 2016
all these can only happen in your brother's house right?
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by ednut1(m): 7:33am On Oct 16, 2016
free dem and stop going there. in this world all man for himself o

2 Likes

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 16, 2016
This is the family section, even if she broke your head with a pestle, more than half of the women here would still support her....

Carry your matter go another place....
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by Richy4(m): 7:53am On Oct 16, 2016
What is the living arrangement like in your family? Are the couple living with you guys?

Please tell me you were not living with them.. in their own house, dishing out orders on how you should be treated....

But if your brother is living with you guys with the wife, try and re-adjust....u already said you never liked her, and maybe she knew it... and attack/ talking in a condescending manner was probably her best defense in a pack of family that doesn't fancy her...

I know you dished it out to her more than you have said here smiley...Every thing that has been burning in your heart was poured out that day...what an opportunity u got....But hey ...If you do not want to apologize please don't.... I hated fake apology.....If u must apologize to her, then do it genuinely...

6 Likes

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 16, 2016
sasural:

You seem to assume I care if he divorces his wife. As far as I'm concerned, he's living his life, whatever he decides to do that's his business. I don't think I could care less if I tried. I've been nice to her, even when I don't want to. I don't know what more I can do. Everyone in my family aside from my Mum complains about her behaviour. Even my Mum complains, but she doesn't do anything because she never corrects my brother... Even when he does blatantly stupid things. So four people who are in the majority are wrong as opposed to the one person in minority?

Babe I like this attitude please just leave them it's their biz, I don't visit my uncles or stay with them as me am someone who stays in his lane. Just ignore them and do your thing babe.
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by sasural: 9:19am On Oct 16, 2016
Delete
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by Agbaletu: 11:29am On Oct 16, 2016
sasural:

I don't live with them. I have never visited them unless it's to go help my brother out with work.
Please believe me when I say there were way more nasty things I could have said to her but I didn't. I respected myself and said only what I said on the account that she's my brothers wife and my brother is a fool who listens to no one.
There's quite some backstory, but I didn't type it out here because it's too long. I used to ignore her before, but I decided to try and this is the response I have recieved. The 2 most selfish and entitled people I've encountered seem to think telling me to sacrifice my time to help them out for nothing in return is doing me a favour.
I am not comfortable with that. He is your brother either older or younger he doesn't deserve it.

If you know that you cannot genuinely apologize, no need for apology.
If i were in your shoe i will apologize to her. My brother's wife deserves the same respect i give my brother.

6 Likes

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by Omofairy(f): 12:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
Agbaletu:

I am not comfortable with that. He is your brother either older or younger he doesn't deserve it.

If you know that you cannot genuinely apologize, no need for apology.
If i were in your shoe i will apologize to her. My brother's wife deserves the same respect i give my brother.

I agree with you 100%

Pray you don't marry into a place where u are hated.

+ seeing you can comfortably call your older brother a fool cos he married against the wishes of the majority, gives me a picture of what kind of attitude you give her.

It's their home, her life, and she is not your mate. I'm yoruba, and have a good relationship with all our wives cos I refuse to demand undue respect or treat them as beneath me as is the custom simply cos they married from my family.

Again I say, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Every human has the capacity to love...and if you just can't tolerate her, let them be

10 Likes

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by Richy4(m): 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
sasural:

I don't live with them. I have never visited them unless it's to go help my brother out with work.
Please believe me when I say there were way more nasty things I could have said to her but I didn't. I respected myself and said only what I said on the account that she's my brothers wife and my brother is a fool who listens to no one.
There's quite some backstory, but I didn't type it out here because it's too long. I used to ignore her before, but I decided to try and this is the response I have recieved. The 2 most selfish and entitled people I've encountered seem to think telling me to sacrifice my time to help them out for nothing in return is doing me a favour.

[b]I just want you to know that what ever you do for the sake of family, it should not be mentioned repeatedly..It is family... Family fall out somethings but sticks together when another member is finding it tough... That's what family is for....there's no perfect family in the world... It cannot be a family without shouting matches and slamming of doors.But in all these, there's still love deep down..... if family are not shouting, screaming and yelling at each other, know that they are pretending and trying very very hard to tolerate each other...But the day that kind of family will explode, it's not all ways cool...

In case of your brother's wife, Your brother did not get it right.. He should have yelled at you, but call u aside after the yelling to make you understand that he did it for her wife's benefit.....That u should not take it to heart....U will not understand but when a wife complains, and the husband did nothing, it will look like he was siding his family but for peace to reign supreme, the husband will get a little dramatic...we learn that from my dad, My elder brother used it once on me and my sister too... it usually work like magic..u will see the wife acting lovey dovey...and we laughed that day..because it was funny...that is family....

I will suggest you let the whole thing go and tolerate her as much as you can...As for your brother, keep your good work towards what u are doing for him...deep down he appreciates... but do not do it out of compulsion as if he should worship u or he was not being appreciative enough for what you are doing for him....nothing annoys the heart more than that... Just know your limits in terms of Assisting and your sacrifice.. Good luck[/b]

1 Like

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by toyeem(f): 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
I seriously feel you should check yourself. You might be getting unnecessarily angry that the closeness between your brother and you is no more. My dear, your bro is a man and has his own family now, the fact that he doesn't do what you want doesn't make him a fool. accept your sis-in-law as your sis and stop seeing her as a competitor. And don't forget that you will also be an inlaw to some people one day. Peace

3 Likes

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by SAMBARRY: 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
Op as old as you are didn't your brain tell you that men think with their phenese.you expect a man to side with you and against a woman that is shinning his Congo every night? Like are you for real?

If he sides with you against his wife do you know what he will experience when you leave?

Solution : don't go to their house again to avoid seeing and experiencing insults and malicious lies against you.

IF YOU know your body cannot put up with insults and disrespect don't go to their house for any reason Afterall No one will come to your house and disrespect you

Moreso you don't know whether it's the wife paying the house rent, you don't know whether she's the breadwinner in that house and you want HIM to believe you and disbelieve his wife

Do you know whether she's even deliberately doing the things she's doing because she senses you want to incite quarelling or you want her to be doing mumu for you

Btw I can imagine what you will call her if YO can call her husband fool in her presence. Hiann

Tule tule. Elenu razor aburo oko oshi tioni jeki iyawo egbon e gbadun Ile e tongue
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by SAMBARRY: 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
Omofairy:

I agree with you 100%

Pray you don't marry into a place where u are hated.

+ seeing you can comfortably call your older brother a fool cos he married against the wishes of the majority, gives me a picture of what kind of attitude you give her.

It's their home, her life, and she is not your mate. I'm yoruba, and have a good relationship with all our wives cos I refuse to demand undue respect or treat them as beneath me as is the custom simply cos they married from my family.

Again I say, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Every human has the capacity to love...and if you just can't tolerate her, let them be

take 5

Maybe Op IS expecting his brother's wife to be doing like house maid for her and be acting all subservient because she married her brother and that one no gree for her grin

Op tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by SAMBARRY: 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
sasural:

You seem to assume I care if he divorces his wife. As far as I'm concerned, he's living his life, whatever he decides to do that's his business. I don't think I could care less if I tried. I've been nice to her, even when I don't want to. I don't know what more I can do. Everyone in my family aside from my Mum complains about her behaviour. Even my Mum complains, but she doesn't do anything because she never corrects my brother... Even when he does blatantly stupid things. So four people who are in the majority are wrong as opposed to the one person in minority?
you no dey hear word leave them alone.if she wants to usr her behaviour to chase herself out of het marriage just ensure their reason for it isn't because of you because karma no dey look person face before he strikes.moreover you don't know the type of family you will be married to so treat your sil with the respect you want when you eventually get married so that one smallie won't disrespect you and there'll be nothing you can do about it if you're married to a typical Yoruba man and family especially those ilu oke family that aren't exposed tongue

Like them ilesa,ekiti, akure etc
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by sasural: 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2016
Delete
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by sasural: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
Also immediately after the fight, she went into my Mum's room to report to her. Before she entered she was laughing, later my Mum told me she almost cried. So she's pretending and trying to play the victim to my Mum?
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by Omofairy(f): 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
sasural:
Also immediately after the fight, she went into my Mum's room to report to her. Before she entered she was laughing, later my Mum told me she almost cried. So she's pretending and trying to play the victim to my Mum?

You have done the mature thing by apologising

Going forward, to have inner peace, please leave her alone and MYOB.

Whatever she decides to play is her headache, and she will get tired of it when she sees that it really doesn't rock your boat.

You only have so long to stay in there till u get ur own place too, just enjoy what you like and endure what you don't.

Life is too short abeg....
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by karbridals(f): 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
My dear u didnt say how old u are but from what u wrote she is older than u so its wrong for u to speak to her in a rude way unless she is naturally a mad woman.......u are not doing ur brother a favour cos u are living in his house,eating his food and pobably he pays ur fees so u are not the one doing him a favoure rather he is the one doing u a favoure...u have to respect ur big brother's wife ok?cos when u disrspect his wife its ur brother u are disrespecting...why dont u like her?is there something she did wrong before ur brother married her u just dont like her naturally and u want to show it to her by being rude..my dear its not easy to house and feed someone so respect them for that.u didnt even say what she really said to u and why she said it..but have one thing in mind,if u are not respect her in her house just cos u dont like her thats how others will disrespect ur wife.ur brother cant stay and watch his wife treat u badly so if he says u should apologize thats cos u are wrong

te author=sasural post=50233665]So I had a fight with my Sister-in-law. I've never liked her and neither has my Dad or my brother. The only one in our house who actively likes her is my Mother. She doesn't even treat my Mother right, however my brother that she's married to is my Mum's favourite.
She constantly speaks in this condescending, rude manner. Normally I ignore it, but today I was feeling ill, so I wasn't in the mood to deal with it. I told her that she should speak to me like a human being and with at least a little respect.
She later left and went and reported to her husband, telling him that I was rude, shouted at her, threw things at her and other stories. I did none of those things. He called me and yelled at me, refusing to listen to what I have to say and told me I should apologise to her. This is the same brother that I'd been sacrificing time when I don't have classes to go to his workplace and help him out without being paid and he turns around and tells me he has been doing me a favour. A favour? Or I'm the one doing him a favour? I spoke to my Dad, Aunt and friend and said I shouldn't.
I need advice on what to do please.[/quote]
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by sasural: 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
Delete
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by cococandy(f): 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
Your mother is selfish, self absorbed and difficult.
Your brother is foolish. Lobatan.

Your mind is made up. So what's the purpose of this thread then? You want someone to cheer you on in your ant-SIL campaign?

2 Likes

Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by karbridals(f): 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
Sorry but i wouldnt believe what u just said,u spoke to your mum,dad,aunty and the said u shouldnt apologize?why did u have to speak to them when it happened in ur family house and everyone was present..they truth is that u spoke to someone older than u and its only right u apologize to her so why would ur people say u shouldnt..she is not here to say what really happened between u two..sorry if im being mean but thats just what i feel about thiswquote author=sasural post=50250533]

There seems to be some confusion. I live with my Parents. They come to my parents house. I do not live with them, I never have. The fight happened in my Parents house. I do not depend on them for anything. They do not give me money or pay my fees. I was leaving my PARENTS house to go to their house and help him with his work when I didn't have classes.[/quote]
Re: Fight With Brother's Wife. by SAMBARRY: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
cococandy:
Your mother is selfish, self absorbed and difficult.
Your brother is foolish. Lobatan.

Your mind is made up. So what's the purpose of this thread then? You want someone to cheer you on in your ant-SIL campaign?
she needs somewhat to offload her resentment and hurt against her sister inlaw and brother hence all the outbursts on nl

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anybody To Help A Brother Out / What's Your Philosophy Of Life? / My Husband Bedwets; What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.