Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know (41815 Views)

Some Kitchen Tricks You Might Find Helpful. / 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! / Some 24 Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
***SOME KITCHEN TRICKS YOU MAY NOT KNOW*** By May Chic

1. Do you know that you can amend an over-salted meal in the pot ,by simply rubbing palm oil around the pot and
allow it to heat for more minutes?
So,i mistakenly over salted our launch sometime ago,& i applied this tip.. lo & behold, the food became tasteless (all the salt in the meal dissappeared), that i have to gently add more salt to taste.

2. Do you know that you can retrieve the normal aroma of your meal when it's burnt (nri leree oku n'ike), by simply adding some slice of bread in the burnt meal inside your pot?
The bread will absorb all the burnt aroma and give
your meal its original taste.

3.Do you also know that you can make your Canda (kpomo) or cowLeg(ukwu efi) to soften within few minutes of boiling by simple adding Chewing-gum into the boiling meat.
Oburokwa ikwutacha de chewing-gum,michasia de
sugar di n'ime ya,iburu ya tinye n'ime ife oha ga-eri,e
mecha isi na owu ihe maychic gwalu gi. Hahahahha...Lolss...
Pls just de raw chewing-gum & not the one you have
chewed.

4. I know majority of you knew that putting an iron spoon inside your boiling beans will make it soften quick in few minutes?
It's better than using Akanwu(pottasium). That akanwu sef,its too acidic... it use to infuse war inside my stomach..afòm ana asu kwutukwutu ka ebe iraq na iran na alu ogu. Lolss

5.Now this will sound awkward but i must say it.
Do you know that adding some lumps of charcoal in a
sour soup (ofe gbalu-uka) can make it regain at least 70% of its original taste ? #Courtesy of my Togo sister.
Na she teach me this number5 when i went for holidays in Togo where she resides with her family in 2004.
Biko ina etinyekwa de charcoal,ekwekwana ka mmadu fugi,otherwise akpo gi nwanyi ajo-ite.
Please wash the charcoal and make sure it's a fresh one
you got from the firewood you recently used.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=873754812706064&id=100002146613870&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6188554778294984714%3Amf_story_key.6640348144874140567%3AeligibleForSeeFirstBumping.&__tn__=%2As

126 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by rawpadgin(m): 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
Will try em out
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Cutehector(m): 11:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
Lmao oya where is introvert, mhizdeedy. U girls should pay attention to number one and two. grin

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by kellyJames5(m): 12:07am On Aug 30, 2015
Nwanyi Anamba has spoken!

Btw are those tricks real or just for fun

3 Likes

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by INTROVERT(f): 6:13am On Aug 30, 2015
Cutehector:
Lmao oya where is introvert, mhizdeedy. U girls should pay attention to number one and two. grin

Lalasticlala

Ave never burnt or oversalted a meal in my life. grin

1 Like

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Cutehector(m): 7:19am On Aug 30, 2015
INTROVERT:

Ave never burnt or oversalted a meal in my life. grin
I duno why most girls tend to appear perfect to me, introvert see u dnt need to pretend... wink

Forgetn a meal on fire is so normal..... Not oversalting, urm yh I could believ dat

13 Likes

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by damiloladuke: 8:49am On Aug 30, 2015
great infomation, you are blessed...am featuring this on my blog and definitely acknowledging u

YOU NEED MORE MONEY? CHECK MY SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by tobtap: 8:49am On Aug 30, 2015
thanks
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by LMAyedun(m): 8:49am On Aug 30, 2015
Okay
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by lekjons(m): 8:49am On Aug 30, 2015
what can i insert in my pot of stew to retrieve the sauce, if it got burnt and turned the contents to charcoal??

reply needed urgently!

5 Likes

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by slimmyjimmy(m): 8:49am On Aug 30, 2015
You just assume say we na know angry
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by mistabiola: 8:50am On Aug 30, 2015
Hush
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by ladyF(f): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2015
Really...abeg what is the solution for 'over pepper' cry Pepper doesn't always look much to me, not until the food is ready and my nose starts running when eating.

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by BANGERLEE1(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2015
Three plots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by harysterol: 8:50am On Aug 30, 2015
Op u sabi lie o cheesy cheesy
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by omanifrank(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2015
hmm
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by BANGERLEE1(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2015
Come for fp
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by neweraomo: 8:51am On Aug 30, 2015
angry
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by BANGERLEE1(m): 8:51am On Aug 30, 2015
This fp sweet o
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by BANGERLEE1(m): 8:51am On Aug 30, 2015
Land for sale
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Barselonia(m): 8:52am On Aug 30, 2015
among everything....
Na only 4 I have herd of...but the rest Na washhh
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 30, 2015
Ok
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by GentleMimi: 8:53am On Aug 30, 2015
What works for me is adding Irish potato into a salted meal, it works fast and effectively. Reduces the salt content

6 Likes

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by shizzy7(f): 8:55am On Aug 30, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
Typing.....

powerfulsettingz has DAShED shizzy7 a Mansion

This is the Guest room

Now reading.........
This will be the kitchen

I don't care what you think
I care about what you think

This is the toilet And Bathroom

Remember it's still my space
Remember its NOW my space grin grin

Another room here.. This particular space is actually big so it will be demarcated

Now missions accomplished

MISSION MADE IMPOSSIBLE ---+ grin grin grin -

FTC.......... incase you don't know that's how to create a better ftc now

sorry,, You're violating a Nairaland rule....Rule 13...

Thanks for dashing me the space

2 Likes

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by rapfezy: 8:55am On Aug 30, 2015
picture or.....
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 30, 2015
Cutehector:
Lmao oya where is introve.rt, mhizdee.dy. U girls should pay attention to number one and two. grin

Lalasticl.ala

Lol hmmmmmmm
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:56am On Aug 30, 2015
Some jazz things shocked
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Vock(m): 8:56am On Aug 30, 2015
Hmnn,I never knew these, thanks for the tips

1 Like

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Cutehector(m): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Lol hmmmmmmm
lie u havnt burnt a meal ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My simple Christmas Meal Today!!! Photos / Please Enough With The Record-A-Thons - GWR Replies Nigerians / Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.