Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know (41852 Views)

Some Kitchen Tricks You Might Find Helpful. / 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! / Some 24 Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by lekjons(m): 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
janefrancisca:
insert the eye of a one week old owl grin
really?!
can u help me get one?..
i know u'll

thanks in advance!

1 Like

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by UjSizzle(f): 1:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hmmm thanks I'm trying this.
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by lekjons(m): 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
DrGroove:
insert fresh sh.it
wow! thanks but which kind.. of human or animal?
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by CUM4WHAT(m): 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
INTROVERT:

Ave never burnt or oversalted a meal in my life. grin
and u think lieing can amend yur miserable life
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by INTROVERT(f): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
CUM4WHAT:
and u think lieing can amend yur miserable life

notorious nairaland trouble maker tongue tongue
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by professore(m): 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
What can I say
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Clinton594(m): 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
wow, let me go and tell my mom
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Clinton594(m): 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">411Naija ยป <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhenYouFinallyBlow?src=hash">#WhenYouFinallyBlow</a> - Don Jazzy shares some important advice for upcoming artistes. <a href="http:///ZLkHUQHZpM">http:///ZLkHUQHZpM</a></p>&mdash; 411 Naija (@411naija) <a href="https://twitter.com/411naija/status/637974839374909440">August 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by DrGroove(f): 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
lekjons:
wow! thanks but which kind.. of human or animal?
Of human.a mad human's own
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by lekjons(m): 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
DrGroove:

Of human.a mad human's own
thank God u're doctor, can u please help me get some?
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by jbaby265(f): 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
this post is rather hilarious so its suppose to be on joke section ..can't stop laughing tho

as for me wat is spolit is spolit (soup)
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by fortunechy(m): 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2015
is doubtful bt i will still google it though...
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by bummyla(m): 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
cool! thanks for the tips! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Obaf16(f): 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
Thanks op
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by guiltless(m): 3:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
1. Do you know that you can amend an over-salted meal in the pot ,by simply rubbing palm oil around the pot and
allow it to heat for more minutes?
So,i mistakenly over salted our launch sometime ago,& i applied this tip.. lo & behold, the food became tasteless (all the salt in the meal dissappeared), that i have to gently add more salt to taste.

Op! do u mean rubbing the palm oil insyd round d pot or outside round d pot? tnx

2 Likes

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by udumosam23(m): 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
guiltless:

1. Do you know that you can amend an over-salted meal in the pot ,by simply rubbing palm oil around the pot and
allow it to heat for more minutes?
So,i mistakenly over salted our launch sometime ago,& i applied this tip.. lo & behold, the food became tasteless (all the salt in the meal dissappeared), that i have to gently add more salt to taste.

Op! do u mean rubbing the palm oil insyd round d pot or outside round d pot? tnx

I believe op meant outside round d pot.

1 Like

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by leo1234(m): 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
Good to know.
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by engrshakespeare: 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
ladyF:
Really...abeg what is the solution for 'over pepper' cry Pepper doesn't always look much to me, not until the food is ready and my nose starts running when eating.

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

Thats easy, just spend less time of your life struggling for front page.
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
Nice tips
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Yasmeena(f): 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
You mean raw, fried or boiled Irish potatoes?
GentleMimi:
What works for me is adding Irish potato into a salted meal, it works fast and effectively. Reduces the salt content
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Maryclaire1(f): 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
omowolewa:
Thanks but please explain the Oversalted a little fmore please.
Any clue on how to reduce peperish feeling on ones fingers.

if ur hands are feeling pepperish... rub ur hands with palm oil with detergent and rinse with warm water

1 Like

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by GentleMimi: 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
Yasmeena:
You mean raw, fried or boiled Irish potatoes?
Raw potatoes. Allow it heat up in ur pot along with the salted food
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by hardychris(m): 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
ladyF:
Really...abeg what is the solution for 'over pepper' cry Pepper doesn't always look much to me, not until the food is ready and my nose starts running when eating.

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
. lady F just add 2 buckets of water and 3 spoons of salt
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by ladyF(f): 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
hardychris:
. lady F just add 2 buckets of water and 3 spoons of salt
thank you very much grin

1 Like

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by annibro(f): 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
Yes oh! D one of placing a metal spoon in beans works like magic.
Its not neccessarily spoon but any metal object. I learnt in from a friend during an event where a NAIL was used to boil the cowleg & Pomo. It cooked so fast.
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by murmee: 11:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
GentleMimi:
What works for me is adding Irish potato into a salted meal, it works fast and effectively. Reduces the salt content
A slice of yam will also absorb the salt.
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by DSuperWoman(f): 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lovely post. Hope you wont mind if I steal it

1 Like

Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by tosyne2much(m): 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
Maryclaire1:
if ur hands are feeling pepperish... rub ur hands with palm oil with detergent and rinse with warm water
I'm learning from u oooo cheesy
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
DSuperWoman:
Lovely post. Hope you wont mind if I steal it
ok dear
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Maryclaire1(f): 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
I'm learning from u oooo cheesy
no wahala...glad 2 b of help kiss
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by tosyne2much(m): 7:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
Maryclaire1:
no wahala...glad 2 b of help kiss
I will need more tutorials sha tongue
Re: Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know by Maryclaire1(f): 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2015
tosyne2much:
I will need more tutorials sha tongue
alright,on what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My simple Christmas Meal Today!!! Photos / Please Enough With The Record-A-Thons - GWR Replies Nigerians / Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.