Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray (18631 Views)

Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria / A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by hennie4rhyme(m): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
chiedu7:
Jesus taught us to pray but not the way some churches teach to pray these days.

Jesus taught the disciples to say "OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN"

But some churches teach their members to call on the name of the God of the Pastor or Overseer
Or in the case of catholics dead mary and dead saints.

EG They say lets say their pastor is called "Alex", instead of calling on the name Jesus they say
"The God of Pastor Alex hear us"

This is wrong because Jesus Himself taught the disciples to say "OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN".
Not the God of our Pastor Alex or whatever his name is. OR in the case of Catholics mary or dead saints

The problem with calling on the name of the God of your pastor or mary or dead saints are as follows

1] And the bible say's "THE ONLY NAME GIVEN TO US WHERE WE ARE SAVED IS JESUS",
So the only name that Opens doors in heaven is JESUS

Acts 4: (KJV)
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth,
whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

2] The bible is clear that the best name you can mention is Jesus in prayers not your Pastor or in case of catholics mary or dead saints.

So when you mention your Pastor's name to gain access to heaven, you are saying to God that
your pastors name is better than Jesus's name.

Philippians 2 (KJV)
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in[b] Christ Jesus:[/b]
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

3] The one that is the most dangerous is that when you call on your Pastor's god, if your Pastor decides to worship an idol
and you call on your pastors god you unknowingly are calling on the idol.

So if your church mentions the god of the Overseer or Pastor, you may unknowingly be praying to idols.
Especially if your Pastor is a Freemason, Ogoni member or Amork member etc.

Jesus Himself said that you gain access through His name alone to heaven not your Pastor or Overseer or
in the case of catholics mary or dead saint.
So when you mention the God of your Pastor and not Jesus, Jesus said you are treated like an armed robber

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold,
but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

If you are catholic please notice that the bible say's that there is
ONE MEDIATOR NOT TWO BUT ONE BETWEEN MAN & GOD.
AND THATS JESUS SO THERE IS NO SPACE FOR MARY OR DEAD SAINTS

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

So if God say's there is one and it's Jesus, then dead saints & mary cannot intercede for you.

Not that there is nowhere in the bible that men called on dead saints to pray for them nor even mary.

NLs, I think they should help us make the 'like-button' increase its value according to the number of time u click it.
I've been hitting it since & it is only adding 1like to the counter. Thanks for using ur brain chiedu

2 Likes

Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by kennedyugo: 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
starlingslimnet:
"What I say to you all I say to all." These Scripture clears the arguments of Christ words being applicable only to the people of his time or His immediate disciples. That being that,as we all know, Prayer they say, 'is the master key'; an expression of the soul in harmony with the spirit and heart of the believer. Important as it is, prayers have principles (Prerequisite of receiving answers) just as nature have it's own principles guiding it, but this is not the focused of this article and as such we will endure to go into what brings up this article "Prayers every christains should pray".And listed below are prayers that fells in the list:

1. Praying For Ones Persecutors: As much as this sounds practically impossible it is a command from the Almighty that comes in this way "But I say unto you....'pray for those who persecute you.'" Wish I can take you all into the immeasurable beauty and richness of praying for ones persecutors but like I said we have a focus here.Notwithstanding, If God wills and as His grace endures I shall write on it. So in praying never pray against thy persecutors and enemy.

2. Praying For More Labourers: "The harvest is plentiful ,but the labourers are few" Pray then said Christ, "that the Lord of the harvest send out labourers into his harvest".This is the prayer God wants you to pray whenever you come into His presence.

3. That Yee May Not Enter Into Temptation: The power of this prayer cannot be under emphasized.It is in itself self explanatory; a prayer of trust,of need resulting in exponential growth in Faith. I adjure you to pray this prayer for yourself, children and families.

4. Strength To Escape The Hour Of Tribulation: "But watch at all time,praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that will take place." Perhaps you are yet to know brother the tribulation is taking place soon before Christ will come( When I say soon I mean soon) and you need strength to escape these things because it is an event that has never occurred before.When Christ says "Praying" you can see the looming destruction ahead. Pray my friend for yourself, your family and children.

5. To Stand Before Christ When He Comes: "Praying that you may.......and to stand before the Son of man" When Christ comes many will have denied Christ because of families and children, because of right to buy and sell. Your prayer should be Let me stand before thee blameless O Christ; Pray this prayer for your husband, yourself and your children.

"Ask and Yee shall receive" No surer promise than this.

Why do you claim that tribulation will start September 2015? Jesus never fixed date for his coming!
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
kennedyugo:

Why do you claim that tribulation will start September 2015? Jesus never fixed date for his coming!
Prophecies my brother.... tribulation start is not the coming of Christ but the end of tribulation is the coming of Christ
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by bettydee(f): 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
starlingslimnet:
"What I say to you all I say to all." These Scripture clears the arguments of Christ words being applicable only to the people of his time or His immediate disciples. That being that,as we all know, Prayer they say, 'is the master key'; an expression of the soul in harmony with the spirit and heart of the believer. Important as it is, prayers have principles (Prerequisite of receiving answers) just as nature have it's own principles guiding it, but this is not the focused of this article and as such we will endure to go into what brings up this article "Prayers every christains should pray".And listed below are prayers that fells in the list:

1. Praying For Ones Persecutors: As much as this sounds practically impossible it is a command from the Almighty that comes in this way "But I say unto you....'pray for those who persecute you.'" Wish I can take you all into the immeasurable beauty and richness of praying for ones persecutors but like I said we have a focus here.Notwithstanding, If God wills and as His grace endures I shall write on it. So in praying never pray against thy persecutors and enemy.

2. Praying For More Labourers: "The harvest is plentiful ,but the labourers are few" Pray then said Christ, "that the Lord of the harvest send out labourers into his harvest".This is the prayer God wants you to pray whenever you come into His presence.

3. That Yee May Not Enter Into Temptation: The power of this prayer cannot be under emphasized.It is in itself self explanatory; a prayer of trust,of need resulting in exponential growth in Faith. I adjure you to pray this prayer for yourself, children and families.

4. Strength To Escape The Hour Of Tribulation: "But watch at all time,praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that will take place." Perhaps you are yet to know brother the tribulation is taking place soon before Christ will come( When I say soon I mean soon) and you need strength to escape these things because it is an event that has never occurred before.When Christ says "Praying" you can see the looming destruction ahead. Pray my friend for yourself, your family and children.

5. To Stand Before Christ When He Comes: "Praying that you may.......and to stand before the Son of man" When Christ comes many will have denied Christ because of families and children, because of right to buy and sell. Your prayer should be Let me stand before thee blameless O Christ; Pray this prayer for your husband, yourself and your children.

Kudos bro
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by kennedyugo: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Prophecies my brother.... tribulation start is not the coming of Christ but the end of tribulation is the coming of Christ

Well I don't buy the idea of setting dates. Remember that many people have set dates in the past but none came to pass. Jesus himself said only the father knows the hour the son of man will come.
Concerning tribulation and coming of Jesus, there are many schools of thought; some say rapture before tribulation while some hold to rapture after tribulation. Yet some hold to rapture mid-trib.
I believe it'll be like in the days of Noah and days of Lot: the righteousness were separated before the judgement came.

That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
Genesis 18:25 KJV

" For God knows how to deliver the righteous from tribulation "

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
2 Peter 2:9 KJV
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by kennedyugo: 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
Rely on the word of God not prophecies!
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by Osisie(m): 3:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
shocked
BigElEddy:
I pray, then I go out and answer my own prayers by myself with hard work. I am the "master key"

Are u kidding

U must be joking.
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by bablors(m): 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
We learnt this song when were young '' prayer is the key 2ce prayer is the master key Jesus started with prayer and ended with prayer,prayer is a master key. What is that thing in your life that looks impossible,with God all things are possible. ''Men ought to pray not to faint'' Luke 18:1
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2015
kennedyugo:

Well I don't buy the idea of setting dates. Remember that many people have set dates in the past but none came to pass. Jesus himself said only the father knows the hour the son of man will come.
Concerning tribulation and coming of Jesus, there are many schools of thought; some say rapture before tribulation while some hold to rapture after tribulation. Yet some hold to rapture mid-trib.
I believe it'll be like in the days of Noah and days of Lot: the righteousness were separated before the judgement came.

That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
Genesis 18:25 KJV

" For God knows how to deliver the righteous from tribulation "

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
2 Peter 2:9 KJV
My brother these things I cannot now explain in details...you can search the net for more info
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2015
kennedyugo:
Rely on the word of God not prophecies!
When I say prophecies am referring to the Bible itself.
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by honeric01(m): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
starlingslimnet:
And Christ elaborate it in more of his teachings.

Destructive prayers do not solve anything, rather adds to one's problems.
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
honeric01:

Destructive prayers do not solve anything, rather adds to one's problems.
Nothing destructive in the listed prayer
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by anselm791(m): 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
Empero1:

Hypocrites everywhere . How did you know what Christ says and what he didn't say ? Tell me something logical and reasonable and shove your bible ish to your backside .

Quotes like "Ask and Yee shall receive" , is one among the numerous false statements that nullifies whatever credibility the bible and whatnot acclaimed mouthpiece of Christ would have stand to gain . Now , clarify me , upon all the massive burdens and needs that hangs on your shoulder and your ilks why haven't solution and victory provided to you since you believe in validity of such aberration of a statement in the quoted statement .

Oya sorry na. I didn't know it was you I quoted.
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by honeric01(m): 4:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Nothing destructive in the listed prayer

Referring to what we are now used to in most Nigerian churches..
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
honeric01:

Referring to what we are now used to in most Nigerian churches..
It surprising bro guess Christains are no longer reading their Bible
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
"Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life."
Isaiah 43:4

have u considered d above? can't dig d other 20+ verses I know right now
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
TomPioPio:
"Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life."
Isaiah 43:4

have u considered d above? can't dig d other 20+ verses I know right now
Out of context..... I can assure you you will spend a million years praying such a prayer without a single answer
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by bxcode(m): 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
Kobeje:

Love your spirit man! That is how we should live as children of God. There is so much more to our salvation than we are taught and know.

I don't struggle with demons. The last time I experienced some demonic activity in my sleep, I didn't pray or even rebuke, I simply said told the angels to do their work because they have been given charge to keep me in all of my ways, even in my sleep. Then I laid back on bed and slept off and that was all.

Some would have had vigil because of that.

May the eyes of our understanding be enlightened more in the knowledge of our God.
Amen bro. It is only the truth that you know will set you free. Thank God I've known and am still knowing the truth without religious doctrines covering my eyes.
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by nwakaibeya1: 12:27am On Aug 31, 2015
Jeremiah 12:10,Prophets and pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.DO HUMAN BEIGNS REALLY LIKE TO HEAR THE TRUTH?::::: authority and judgement has come back to the earth,BEHOLD we are not begging human beigns to accept our truth and revelation and that is why we have told them,this is power as of old , that go and sin no more power of REAL Jesus Christ which is unbelievable to human beigns , so cant you see that we are wiser than you that criticize us?dont forget this that many are pretenders INFACT THEY are pretenders who will rather die that accept defeat just like Pharoah of bible time who preferred to sink in the ocean than accept defeat from moses even though pharoah knew the truth just like may evil people who read us knows our truth and revelation and many of his , pharoahs descendants are still in existence today so you that is ignorant and blind spiritually will not know but we know by the reason of the light and the mantle and the power that be and that is why we reveal the HIDDEN mystery OF HUMANBEIGNS ?you that think that you are wise?many human beigns like to stand at the gate of heaven ,enter they will never enter ,also allow others to enter they will never allow others to enter so you must think humanbeigns:we are speaking by the power that is unbelievable to human beigns *this is typical of all our truth and revelation and explanations about the night people ,the rich people and evil marine and occult world and those whom human beings believe in them so much that they were called by God or where made rich by God who are in existence today as being powerful and others as the descendants of the prophets and priests referred to here in the bible @#### Jeremiah 5,25, Your wrongdoings have kept God away;your sins have deprived you of good and peace and night sleep.26 “Among my people are the wicked,who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch people.27 Like cages full of birds,their houses are full of deceit;they have become rich and powerful,28 and have grown fat and sleek.Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not seek Gods justice and secular.They do not promote the case of the fatherless;they do not defend the just cause of the poor even when they do its for their own selfish reason unknowingly to the those benefiting from them?.29 Should I not punish them for this?”declares the Lord.“Should I not avenge myself.on such a nation as this?30 “A horrible and shocking thing has happened in the land,31 The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority,and my people love it this way.But what will you do in the end?is it not those we call CHAMELEONS Let this phrase as follows sink in you and we repeat that we keep telling you human beigns about them that are being referred to in those passages by God himself hence judgement has come again or cant you see the judgment is all over the place even though the worst judgement is happening spiritually now but because those being judged are pretenders we repeat who will rather die that accept defeat just like Pharoah of bible time who preferred to sink in the ocean than accept defeat from moses even though pharoah knew the truth just like may evil people who read us knows our truth and revelation and many of his pharoahs descendants are still in existence today so you that is ignorant and blind spiritually will not know but we know by the reason of the light and the mantle and the power that be and that is why we reveal the mystery ?you that think that you are wise?this is words of authority and power from real Jesus CHRIST, that we declare and they are spirits,who can battle with the God of justice,he that made the spiritual laws?we are not begging human beigns to accept the truth and thats why we have told them this is power as of Jesus Christ which is unbelievable to human beigns so cant you see that we are wiser than you that criticize us BUT AS USUAL ONLY TIME WILL TELL WHO IS GENUINE OR NOT?DO NOT SAY YOU WHERE NOT TOLD THAT KINGDOM OF GOD OF JUSTICE HAS COME AND JUDGEMENT HAS COME BACK TO THE EARTH:YOU ARE PERMITTED TO INVESTIGATE BUT HOW WOULD YOU INVESTIGATE WHEN YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY BLIND?JEREMIAH 5,21-22
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by whoisuche: 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Nice. Please permision to copy.
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
whoisuche:

Nice. Please permision to copy.
Granted bro
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by bingbagbo(m): 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
God bless you
Re: Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
since d days of John d Baptist d kingdom of God suffers violence & only d violent take it by force. violent prayers of course . but if ur ways are not right with God, ur prayers are a waste & abomination whether violent or not

the Lord's prayer is a combo of all prayers & not memory recitation as written in d Bible That is a guide to our we should pray today.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? / Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / How Can One Know He Or She Has Emere/marine Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.