Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,067 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? (1322 Views)

Can A Man love and Be sexually Faithful To One Woman? / When A Lady Is Too Hot To Stay Faithful To One Man. / Guys, Can You Ever Be Faithful To A Single Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by temitemi1(m): 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
Just wondering how guys that are willing to remain faithful to their spouse stand the day-day temptation?

Cc: Ishilove
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by CUM4WHAT(m): 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
By jerking off b4 setting out
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by Jhenny(f): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
it takes d grace of God to remain faithful in this era.
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by vizkiz: 3:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
it takes some serious self control and determination nigga. You don't know how strong you are until you are tempted by a girl with big ukwu and fat german juice

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by temitemi1(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
But I'm seriously willing to remain faithful to my woman.
Jhenny:
it takes d grace of God to remain faithful in this era.
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by temitemi1(m): 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
The solution to temptation is all I want man!
vizkiz:
it takes some serious self control and determination nigga. You don't know how strong you are until you are tempted by a girl with big ukwu and fat german juice
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by DickDastardly(m): 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
Only the mind can do the task. Condition it. Do not listen to the ones that will tell you to be prayerful. Work on your mind.
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by vizkiz: 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
temitemi1:
The solution to temptation is all I want man!

read what I typed again. This time, read it slowly...
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by Jhenny(f): 3:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
temitemi1:
But I'm seriously willing to remain faithful to my woman.
ask God to help you close your eyes to temptations. If there are no temptations,it is less likely you cheat on your partner. Its Grace,ask for it
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by temitemi1(m): 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
Thank u!
DickDastardly:
Only the mind can do the task. Condition it.
Do not listen to the ones that will tell you to be prayerful.
Work on your mind.
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by nwaanambra1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by DickDastardly(m): 4:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
Jhenny:
ask God to help you close your eyes to temptations. If there are no temptations,it is less likely you cheat on your partner. Its Grace,ask for it
The prayer people. When the prayer fails he will blame the poor old devil abi?
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by DickDastardly(m): 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
temitemi1:
Thank u!
welcome
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by Cutehector(m): 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
Temptations come to those who want to be tempted
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by buzquet(m): 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
I can't b Faithfull, bcaz if u c ow dose ladies dey pack thr things, mehn I can't b faithful. fornication is my hubby
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by Jhenny(f): 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
DickDastardly:

The prayer people. When the prayer fails he will blame the poor old devil abi?
what do u have against prayer. I said it takes d grace of God not to fall into temptation and he shud ask God for d grace. He should be willing and determined too.
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by ggrin(f): 4:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
Be like say one person don dy fall in love with APC lipsrsealed
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by fajani(m): 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
Be a church rat
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by temitemi1(m): 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hmmmm
fajani:
Be a church rat
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by Tallesty1(m): 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
temitemi1:
Just wondering how guys that are willing to remain faithful to their spouse stand the day-day temptation?

Cc: Ishilove
It is simple.

Do it for yourself first and then for your spouse.

I am faithful to myself first because eating around is not good for my health and I am faithful to her because she deserves it.

If you are faithful to your spouse alone then you will definitely bleep another when she starts falling your hand.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by jmoore(m): 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
If you are morally bankrupt, you can't be faithful.
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by chymystique(f): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
temitemi1:

Why do I ve this feeling you ve already cheated on your partner even if not by having sex before creating this thread. If you cant be faithful to yourself, you cant be faithful to your partner. Its no biggie, it all depends on your moral values and mindset.
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
Cutehector:
Temptations come to those who want to be tempted
Fallacy.
Jesus wanted to be tempted when Satan tempted him right?
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by Cutehector(m): 4:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Fallacy.
Jesus wanted to be tempted when Satan tempted him right?
he is d all knowing... He knew everythn..
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by jmoore(m): 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
Staying Faithful Everyday

We all want our spouses to be faithful to us and our marriage. Very few people plan to be unfaithful. I have noticed though that very few people have a plan for staying faithful. While this may sound like a simple play on words it is a profound difference in thinking and action. When a person says, "I'm not planning on being unfaithful. I wouldn't do that to my spouse." that person is talking about what he or she is not doing. In such a scenario there is not much thinking going on and people go about their day. However, when a person has a plan for staying faithful there is thought and action designed to keep a person faithful.

A person may not plan on having a car accident and may not be paying attention to the road or traffic. This person may or may not end up in an accident but the chances of being in an accident are greater because the person is not paying attention. Another person has the mindset of arriving safely and therefore pays attention to the road and traffic. By paying attention this person avoids the accident at the intersection where a person not paying attention runs a red light.

The person not planning on having an accident and not paying attention will get hit by that person running the red light. The person not planning on being unfaithful will get caught unaware and because of any number of circumstances can end up in an affair. The person with a plan for staying faithful is the person with the mindset of arriving safely.

So how does one make a plan for remaining faithful everyday? Intentionally! Listed below are steps I think will help you in planning to stay faithful every day.

Realize that anyone can end up in an affair. The moment you believe it cannot happen to you or to your spouse you are in danger. No one is immune to an affair; however, you can stay faithful by being proactive.
Decide that you are going to be faithful to your spouse everyday and that you are going to take active steps to remain faithful.
Keep your marriage a priority and put it before everything and everyone else.
Take care of your marriage. Give your spouse and yourself positive reasons to be faithful.
Invest in your marriage. This is not just the maintenance of number three but actual work on improving your marriage and making deposits in both the love and trust banks of your spouse. You are less likely to be unfaithful to a relationship in which you have invested so much.
Fill your social network with people who are supportive of marriage in general and your marriage in particular. Make sure to support their marriages as well.
Agree on what commitment, fidelity, and exclusivity mean.
Meet your spouse's most important needs.
Speak your spouse's love language.
Maintain an active and enjoyable sex life.
Maintain appropriate boundaries in all situations.
Be honest always.
Recognize that work is a dangerous place when it comes to staying faithful.
Do not talk about problems with your spouse with someone of the opposite sex.
When talking about marriage problems with same sex friends make sure you are looking for ways that you can do the right thing instead of complaining about your spouse.
If you are doing something that you feel you need to lie about - STOP! This is a warning from your conscience.
Only do things that you are comfortable if they are publicly known.
Keep old flames from reigniting.
If you are attracted to another person tell your spouse and ask them to help you understand it and meet those needs in an appropriate way.
Avoid temptation. Make a list of do's and don'ts to help you (e.g. DO: Call my spouse everyday; DON'T: Meet with someone of the opposite sex alone behind closed doors.)

I believe that this list will help you devise your own plan for staying faithful. It is not an exhaustive plan. You may want to tweak a few of the ideas to fit your marriage. You may want to have a more detailed plan that spells out all of the dos and don'ts for number twenty of the list. What is most important is that you and your spouse have a plan for staying faithful and that you each follow that plan everyday.

I cannot tell you that if you make such a plan and follow it every day that you will absolutely avoid infidelity. What I can tell you is that if you do make and follow a plan for remaining faithful you have a very good chance of remaining faithful. I can also tell you that your faithful marriage will be happier than any unfaithful marriage you have.

Make your plan today so that you can have a faithful REAL Marriage.
Source>> http://www.myrealmarriage.com/staying-faithful-everyday/
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
Cutehector:
he is d all knowing... He knew everythn..
Lol that doesn't answer the question if he wanted it or not. Remember Jesus walked this earth and functioned as a man.
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by temitemi1(m): 5:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
Thanks a lot for these wonderful tips![quote author=jmoore post=37496381][/quote]
Re: How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? by Adesiji77: 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
Following... cool

(1) (Reply)

Reasons For Young Ladies Sag Breasts- Opinion / Ladies! Sex Is Not A Favour / Ladies: 7 Types Of Gifts Guys Gives And What They Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.