Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 - Literature (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 (474325 Views)

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by hefelove(m): 12:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
Benny bet why? I love why he Is running away sha but dis Don sef he will surely wants to find out everything from Benny I just hope Benny won't give him space he better be running

Nice job padi mi oyinprince I hope u'll finish this story this year sha

Can't wait again for Nazaretha Hood
o ma make sense
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hmmm
Henry survived #dancing#
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 1:13pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hmmm
Henry survived #dancing#
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2016
In my own understanding, the 'strong' assasin that will take Tarasha down is Henry.
henry will do Tara strong thing.
as for Benny, I just pity d niqqa
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by mismore(f): 10:53am On Jul 29, 2016
Skimpledawg:
In my own understanding, the 'strong' assasin that will take Tarasha down is Henry.
henry will do Tara strong thing.
as for Benny, I just pity d niqqa

Its not Henry jor
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Skimpledawg(m): 11:12am On Jul 29, 2016
mismore:

Its not Henry jor
it is dear! check the sequence of events unfolding. from al the male characters in this story the only two persons that can take out Tarasha conveniently are Henry and Jefa (Tara's bros). They know her inside out.
Henry strikes me like an assassin that wnt need guns n all that to bring Tara down.

or tell me why u feel he is not.

am still wondering why Oyinprince don't want to kill that Agent Dakolo. is he more experienced than the American niqqa? shuu
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Missmossy(f): 11:53am On Jul 29, 2016
Captivating as ever, thumbs up Oyinprince. Continue the good work.

2 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by mismore(f): 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
Skimpledawg:

it is dear! check the sequence of events unfolding. from al the male characters in this story the only two persons that can take out Tarasha conveniently are Henry and Jefa (Tara's bros). They know her inside out.
Henry strikes me like an assassin that wnt need guns n all that to bring Tara down.

am still wondering why Oyinprince don't want to kill that Agent Dakolo. is he more experienced than the American niqqa? shuu

Lol...let's wait and see
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by PricelessCharm(f): 11:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
Skimpledawg:

I think d assassin may be Jerry, Tara's younger bro dat always fought wit her. Remember oyin hasn't said anytin abt him. We dnt evn knw if he died. Bt I pray he didn't.
More inspiration to ur brain Oyin. Wonderful work u av here.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:46am On Jul 30, 2016
PricelessCharm:
I think d assassin may be Jerry, Tara's younger bro dat always fought wit her. Remember oyin hasn't said anytin abt him. We dnt evn knw if he died. Bt I pray he didn't.
More inspiration to ur brain Oyin. Wonderful work u av here.
waoh! could be true. I did not even remember him. I hope he is alive. I still fear Henry tho. he could be menacing if he regains a Lil bit of his senses.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 19 Part 3

'Doctor, where have you been?' Dakolo asked as he saw the Senior Doctor coming out of an office. 'We've been looking for you everywhere.

'I've been looking for the access card to my office,' the Doctor replied and began to lead the way to his office.

'We heard that an operation on our patient, Henry is ongoing.' Dakolo followed the Doctor behind, with inspector Ken and Clem who trotted after them like a little kid who had just been scolded.

'Yes, Dr Tobi is in charge of that,' the doctor replied without stopping to listen. He never liked interacting with the police.

'We need to know where the theatre is, I need my men to stay around there.' Dakolo pressed on.

'Agent please, we are carrying out our jobs as medical professionals and we would not allow you to interrupt or disturb us.'

'Come on Doctor, we are not disturbing. This patient's case is a serious one and we need to keep an eye on him always.'

'Are you not the agent that signed for the operation to go on?' the doctor paused to ask.

'Yes,' Dakolo paused too and placed his hands on his waist.

'Then why are you getting worried about the operation again?' the doctor asked and continued his walking.

'I told you before, this patient's case is a special one.'

'And we have a special professional to take care of him or do you think we'll allow you enter into the theatre with them? Dr Tobi is one of our bests here, so let him do his job.' The Doctor said and began to climb the stairs leading to office block. 'By the way, why are you coming to me today?'

'We couldn't find the other doctors.'

The doctor sighed and continued to walk up the stairs.

'See doc, I'm not asking that we should be allowed inside the theatre, all we need is to stay around the place.' Dakolo retorted. 'And I heard you call Dr Tobi a professional, was it professional for him to have told the media about the patient? And he even had orders from the police not to, he still went ahead to tell the media.'

The doctor paused in the middle of the stair case and stared at Dakolo's face. 'I think there's a mix up there, Dr Tobi couldn't have told the media, he's too professional to do that.'

'Then how do you explain the Media's presence here today and why would they even call his name when he's not the one who told them? How did they get to know his name?'

The doctor took a step forward and paused again to think. 'I don't think it's doctor Tobi, I heard of a foreign lab scientist working with him. It could have been the lab scientist who carelessly mentioned it to someone else.'

'Exactly!' Dakolo exclaimed. 'It is that lab scientist that we really need to be careful of, that's why you should get us to the theatre right away.'

The doctor took another step forward, he paused to think and then turned back. 'I'll take you there but you'll not enter into the place until the operation is finished.' He said and began to lead them down the stairs again.

++++

Dr Tobi was relieved when he began to hear sounds of people coming upstairs, he stood by the door, ready to raise an alarm by banging on door. Few seconds later, the sounds began to subside. Dr Tobi listened carefully and began to bang on the door furiously but it was too late, the people approaching had already turned back and left. He returned to the visitor's seat frustrated, he wondered why the most senior doctors' offices in their hospital were always located far away from other places.

All through his imprisonment in the office, he had been wondering who the disguised nurse was and the purpose for locking him up in the office. His mind began to raise doubts on Dr David, was it possible that the lab scientist wasn't truthful and had an ulterior motive? But even if that was true, there was no way he was going to carry out an evil plan and escape from the hospital, the police will definitely lay their hands on him before he walks out of the building.

His heartbeat increased as he thought of the patient and what could have happened if Dr David really had an ulterior motive, that would mean the patient would be killed or his situation made worse. Dr Tobi would never forgive himself if that was the case, he was the one who had trusted the wrong person.

He sank into the chair and let a deep breath from his mouth, he closed his eyes and prayed silently for God to avert any possible evil that wanted to take place.

++++

The assassins nodded their heads to the hard core rap music blasting from the speakers in the car as they drove back to their lodge, Cole behind the wheels and Aisha by his side. Benny was seated at the back, having an awkward feeling but trying hard to conceal it by nodding his head to the music and humming the lyrics like the others. He tried to lighten up his mood by smoking cigarettes but anytime he lit up a stick and placed it in his mouth, he will feel quite uncomfortable and throw it out through the window. This continued all through their journey till he made a decision to be happy anyhow, when he saw that even Aisha and Cole who hadn't played a major role in the task were feeling happy and enjoying themselves. But everytime, he tried to put on a smile, Dakolo's face would pop up in his mind again and the smile would diminish. Instead of being happy and glad about his narrow escape from the man- they had met along the staircase when Dakolo was rushing upstairs, the man had paused to stare at his face even though the brown hair, beards and makeup he used to disguise were already removed- Benny kept on feeling like he had done something wrong that would make the agent become able to trace him and in the process nab the whole group.

'Come on Ben,' Cole shouted taking his hands off the wheel and turning to the back to tap Benny. 'You've nailed it already, stop looking like someone that was caught.'

Benny tried to fake a smile to make Cole return his focus to the road, Cole did. 'Do you have any liquor in this car?' Benny asked, raising his voice because of the loudness of the music.

'No liquor man, this is a journalist's official vehicle.' Cole shouted back with a playful smile. 'Just enjoy the music and your cigarettes for now, we'll stop to get any wine of your choice once we see any store.'

Soon, they got to a popular bar and Cole pulled over close to the gate. Without turning off the engine, he opened the door and stepped out, he peeped at Benny through the back window and knocked. Benny rolled down the glass. 'What wine would you like to take?' Cole asked.

'Ermm...' Benny struggled to recall the name of any wine, his mind was far away.

'Don't worry,' Cole cut in with a loud laugh, 'I'll get you your favourite.' He said and walked away immediately.

Six minutes later, Cole came out of the bar with a white polythene bag. From the shape formed on the bag, one could tell that there were three cartons of wine in it. He opened the door to the driver's seat and passed the bag to Aisha, then he stood straight by the door and took out his wallet from the inner pocket of his jacket, he put back his debit card into the wallet and returned it back into the jacket before entering the car.

Something struck Benny's mind as he watched Cole remove and put back the wallet into his inner pocket. Then his mind began to flash back to the events of the day, he remembered observing the cure in the ampoule in Dr Tobi's office and then exchanging it with the ampoule containing the death poison in his pocket. His body began to shake and sweat began to form on his forehead; he recalled the picture of himself in theatre taking out the cure from his pocket and administering it to the patient.

'Damn!' he exclaimed and slammed his his palm on the backrest of the driver's seat.

'What's the matter?' Cole and Aisha turned to him, asking simultaneously.

'Just drive this da*mn car out of here,' he slammed at Cole who was staring at him in surprise. Aisha who was already taking out one of the cold wine bottles to give to Benny put it back into the nylon. Cole lowered the volume of the music and drove into the road, the rest of their journey was done in silence.

++++

'Doctor!' A nurse came crying at the feet of the Senior Doctor as they met at a landing of two opposite stair cases. The nurse had with her three other doctors, including the first doctor who attended to Henry in the hospital, the Pathologist whom Dr David had the first contact with and another unknown one while the Senior Doctor had the three officers with him.

'What's happening?' the Senior Doctor pulled her up and stared at the faces of the three doctors behind for explanation. Four Security officials appeared from behind the three doctors.

'She came crying to us also, she said the lab scientist working with Dr Tobi has attacked the nurse left with him and injected the patient with a different mixture.' the older Doctor was the one who replied.

'Damn!' Dakolo exclaimed from behind and took out his gun immediately, the other policemen followed his example. 'Take us to that theatre now,' he shouted.

Dakolo kicked the door to the theatre open and rushed in with the other officers, the nurse whom Dr David had taken out was still on the floor. The Senior Doctor rushed quickly to the patient and placed his hand on his neck, then he took the patient's wrists and placed two fingers between the bone and the tendon over his radial artery to feel his pulse.

'Where's Dr...' the Senior Doctor was asking when Agent Dakolo's voice interrupted.

'Block all exits and entries into this building and the compound right now,' Dakolo shouted at the hospital's security officials. He placed his gun on officer Clem's neck. 'I'll make sure you rot in jail if that so called lab scientist escapes,' he threatened before rushing out of the theatre, officer Ken followed immediately while officer Clem followed slowly.

'Where's Dr Tobi? Where did he go to?' the Senior Doctor finally asked the question which was interrupted by the agent.

'He left since you sent a nurse to call him and hasn't returned since then,' the nurse replied.

'Me? Sent a nurse to him?' the Senior Doctor glanced at the other doctor's faces to see if the nurse was referring to them but they all had their gazes on him too and the nurse also fixed her eyes on him.

'Yes sir, you.' the nurse affirmed.

'How would I send for him when I know that's he's in the theatre, I would never do that.' the doctor refuted.

'But the nurse came twice and insisted that you said he should come, she had your department's uniform on.'

'That's impossible, I've been looking for the access card to my office since I left the journalists.' the doctor said and faced the other doctors, as if to ask for their support. 'Well...' he turned back to the patient. 'Let's sort out this first,' he held up Henry's hand again and then his neck. He collected the stethoscope from one one the other doctors and used it to listen to the patient's heartbeat.

'He seems fine to me,' the Senior Doctor said. He stepped away for another doctor to move closer while he went to the trays containing the ampoule and other instruments. He raised up the full ampoule and then the half filled one.

'This was the one we brought in,' the nurse explained, pointing to the full ampoule. 'I don't know how the other one got in.'

'We need to conduct a quick test,' the Doctor who had just finished examining Henry spoke.

'Yes,' the Senior Doctor agreed. He picked up an unused syringe from the tray and cut off the nylon.

++++

35 minutes later

The whole hospital was set into confusion as the police searched everywhere, even wards of patients who were seriously sick and needed no disturbance were not exempted.

After searching around without finding anything, Dakolo turned his focus to journalists who were thrown into surprise at the sudden madness of the policemen.

'Hey!' Dakolo called out to some journalists who wanted to enter their cars on seeing him. They had all wanted to leave immediately the police started searching around but couldn't as the exits were locked already.

'Enough harassment of the Press already,' one of bold journalists confronted Dakolo. 'We came here to do our job and the police has scattered everything and turned it around, you are harassing us, claiming that we attacked one of your patients whereby none of us even crossed the reception.'

'How did you get into this vicinity?' Dakolo asked him, ignoring all his previous rantings.

'How does that matter right now?' the journalist barked. 'Let us go, you're oppressing us and violating our rights.' Other journalists came to stand by his side with their cameras chanting 'yes' and encouraging him.

'Someone gave you the information right? Did you bother to find out if was true before you smuggled yourselves in here? How did you even get to enter? It shows that someone inside here must have planned it with you. Who led you people in?'

The journalists looked around for a while, trying to see if they could locate Cole and Aisha who had planned with them and gave them the strategy to enter.

'That does not matter, the police has something to hide and we know it.' the journalist said and was encouraged by the others.

Dakolo who had gotten a clue about them being led by a particular person from their looking around smiled. 'You can't find the person right? It shows that you've been used to accomplish a purpose.' Dakolo said and moved closer to the journalist. He placed a hand on his shoulder gently, the journalists shook off the hand and stepped back. 'Henry EG has just been poisoned again, you guys distracted the police and the doctors, you are all suspects. It's better you answer by questions now or provide the person who gave you the information and led you in to clear your names.'

The leading journalist and his friends looked around again for the people who led them in but they found no signs of them.

Read Chapter 19 Part 4 to 7 on www.youngicee.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:25am On Aug 02, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 19 Part 4

++++

Not too long after, Dr Tobi started hearing noises of someone coming up the stairs again. This time, he decided not to waste the opportunity, he went to the door and started calling for help immediately. The footsteps got closer and someone stopped at the door.

'Dr Williams,' the person called.

'No, it's Dr Tobi who's inside,' Dr Tobi shouted back.

There was silence for some seconds, then the door opened. The head of security staffs entered into the office, giving Dr Tobi a questioning look.

'How did you get locked in here,' the security man asked.

'That's not important now sir, I have to be on my way to the theatre.' Dr Tobi replied and tried to walk past the man.

The security man blocked his way, 'you have to explain how you got here.'

'I was locked in by a nurse,' Dr Tobi replied with a loud frustrated tone. 'Can I pass now? I was in the middle of an operation before being deceived here.'

The security man stepped away for Dr Tobi to pass. He moved out too and locked back the door before following after Dr Tobi.

'Where is Dr Williams?' The security man asked as he trotted down the stairs with Dr Tobi.

'I don't know, no one has come up there since I was locked in.'

'Dr Williams have been searching everywhere for his access card, a cleaner found it in a female ward toilet.'

Dr Tobi kept walking with speed, he wasn't listening to the security man anymore. As they got down the stairs, he ran into inspector Ken.

'Doctor!' Inspector Ken exclaimed in surprise.

'Officer,' Dr Tobi called back but kept on walking. Inspector Ken followed at the same pace.

'That lab scientist has poisoned the patient,' Inspector Ken announced in a kind of accusing manner, making the doctor stop abruptly.

Dr Tobi turned and gave the inspector an awful look, then he continued to walk with speed.

In five minutes they got to the theatre, all the Doctors there had already left and some cleaners were already cleaning the theatre, the patient had also been moved away.

'What happened here?' Dr Tobi asked the people cleaning in an aggressive manner.

'I don't know,' one of the cleaners replied him. 'They've moved the patient away already.'

Dr Tobi placed his hands on his waist and stopped to think for a while, then he began to walk again, increasing his speed this time.

Ken followed with the motive of watching where the doctor was going and ensure that the doctor does not escape, Dr Tobi was now a suspect also.

In another three minutes, they got to the previous ward from were Henry was moved to the theatre. The older doctor who was in charge of treating Henry before the case was transferred to Dr Tobi was found in the ward with two officers.

'Doctor sir, where's my patient?' Dr Tobi asked as he barged in.

The older doctor turned slowly to confirm who's voice he heard and he paused on seeing three people walk in, he adjusted his lenses and placed a stern look on Dr Tobi. 'Tobi, where have you been? How could you leave a patient in the theatre and walk away?' The Doctor said in a reprimanding tone.

'I didn't leave him like that sir, I was told that Dr Williams was calling for me.'

'Dr Williams never called for you,' the older doctor shouted. 'For God's sake, how would he call you when you are in the theatre?'

'I didn't believe at first; but the nurse...ermm, I mean the lady told me that he was calling for me in respect of the operation and that the officers were waiting for me too.'

'A lady?'.

'Yes, she was dressed in a nurse' uniform, so I thought she was a nurse.' Dr Tobi replied. While they conversed, inspector Ken moved closer and stood by the side listening to them.

'That lab scientist has injected the patient with an unknown substance, the patient's blood and liquid injected are being tested in the lab now,' the doctor said, taking a step forward towards Dr Tobi at the mention of each word.

Dr Tobi's face turned remorseful, his heart was broken and his mind dejected. He wondered why he hadn't been suspicious of the lab scientist like agent Dakolo was.

'And what in the world went wrong with you? Why did you talk to the media about the patient's case?' the older doctor questioned as he stood at his front.

'I didn't... I didn't talk to anyone,' Dr Tobi replied in low tones.

'The Journalists mentioned your name.'

'I didn't talk to anyone about the patient, not even my colleague here at work.' Dr Tobi replied, surprised at the accusation.

'Where were you all through? Why didn't you return to the theatre when you didn't find Dr Williams?'

'I was locked in, I was locked in Dr Williams' office,' Dr Tobi replied, looking back at the security man for support.

'Locked in? That's impossible,' the older doctor disbelieved Tobi. 'Dr Williams' entrance card is nowhere to be found.'

'She locked me...'

'Here's the card sir,' the security man joined in, raising up the card to display.

'Where did you find it?'

'In a female ward Toilet, a cleaner brought it to me.'

The older Doctor moved closer to the security man and collected the card, he confirmed that it was real and returned it. He turned to Dr Tobi, 'how did she lock you in without the card?'

'She was with the card, she opened the door to Dr Williams' office and I walked in with her thinking that the doctor was inside. It was later that she brought out a gun and disconnected the landline so I wouldn't be able to call anyone outside.'

'Can you recognize that nurse?' Inspector Ken cut in from behind. He walked from where he was and stood in between the doctors, turning to face Dr Tobi.

'She wasn't a nurse but I can recognize her, she had a low hair cut and was putting on a wig to cover her hair,' Dr Tobi replied.

'Hmm...'

'Please, I have to get to the lab now.' Dr Tobi said and began to walk away.

++++

'Evelyn, I've been waiting all day for you.' Mr Sylvester said as she walked into his office.

'I know sir, I'm sorry for taking so long. It's just that I had to do some per time job to help raise some money for my family.' She replied as she proceeded to his table.

Mr Sylvester stared at her face in disbelief, 'but why didn't you tell me you needed some money? How much were you paid for the job?'

'I'm used to it sir,' Evelyn replied with a pleasant smile. 'Things have not been rosy for my family since I finished schooling in Canada and my father's illness has also caused us a lot. So as the first child, I have to man up and make things work.'

'Hmm, that's sad. What's the nature of your father's illness?'

'Stroke, he's down with Stroke,' she replied after placing the laptop on the table and sitting down. 'And now that my mother is ill also, I have to spend more time with both of them.'

Mr Sylvester heaved a sigh, he stretched out his hand and held her palm in his, squeezing it as a sign of friendship. Evelyn looked up at his face and smiled at the gesture. 'You can always count on me when you have any problem, I'm ready to assist you in anyway I can.' he said with an assuring look.

'Thank you sir,' she smiled broadly. He released her hand and she was about to open up the laptop when he stopped her.

'Oh no, Evelyn. You don't need to do that,' he said with a wave of his hand. 'It's late already, who else did you meet while coming up here?'

'Ermm... Only the security men and your secretary,' she answered.

'That should tell you that everyone has closed for the day already, so you don't need the laptop, we are not about to work now, besides there has been no information from the police, neither did the number call again,' he said. She closed back the laptop before he continued, 'the Vice President was here today.' he stated and paused to see if he had her full attention or if she would be excited at the news, she was listening but not with so much interest.

'He asked of you and wanted to meet and speak with you.' he continued, now he got her full attention. 'I explained to him that you've not yet resumed fully but he asked that I should make you resume as soon as possible; this Monday preferably.'

Evelyn gave a light smile, which showed her indecision. She took her gaze away from Mr Sylvester who was staring at her face, waiting for a response.

'I'll resume on Monday,' she replied, after thinking for less than a minute.

'Good,' Mr Sylvester smiled, 'we'll be paying you one hundred thousand naira for a start, is that okay?'

'Yeah, nice.'

'Cool,' Mr Sylvester pulled out his drawer and picked out an envelope. 'Here's your appointment letter,' he said and handed it over to her.

'Thank you sir,' she replied as she received the envelope.

'I hope to have a great time working with you,' Mr Sylvester said and adjusted his seating position.

++++

'Those poisons have been washed away from his blood,' one of the doctors in the lab said. All of them were behind a desk, observing some cells under the microscope.

'But it wasn't the ampoule containing the cure that the doctor administered,' another doctor said.

'We've not confirmed that yet,' Dr Williams countered. 'We need to confirm by testing the contents of the two ampoules.'

'I have some documents describing the constituents of the liquid which was used to manufacture the cure,' the Senior lab scientist said.

'Do you also have the details of what they extracted from the liquid to make the cure?' Dr Williams asked.

'No sir, only Dr Tobi should have that.' The lab scientist replied.

'And who knows where in the world Doctor Tobi is right now?'

'I'm right here sir,' a younger voice said from behind, they all turned to look. Dr Tobi was approaching them with Inspector Ken.

The Doctors staring at Dr Tobi like people who had just seen a ghost made way for him to access the desk and observe the cell under the microscope.

'Sir, is this the patient's blood?' Dr Tobi asked after a minute of careful observation.

'Yes of course,' the lab scientist was the one who replied.

'Who administered the cure to him?' Dr Tobi asked another question. The senior doctors kept staring at him awkwardly as they considered the question to be a stupid one.

'No one administered the cure to him, that lab scientist was the one who injected him from an unknown ampoule and left after attacking the nurses.'

Dr Tobi stared blankly for a while, he bent to observe the cell again. He rose up after another minute, 'the cure was what was administered,' he stated.

'Here,' the lab scientist handed him an ampoule, 'he was injected with this mixture.'

Dr Tobi stared at the ampoule, he tightened the cap and then turned it upside down to check the bottom. 'This is the cure we made, I marked the ampoule under.'

'And this is the other mixture, the one that was on the tray. The nurse said you were supposed to use this,' another doctor said, handing to Tobi the ampoule full of a different mixture.

'Where did they get this from? This is unnamed, I don't know what is there. The cure was what was used, but it was administered the wrong way.'

'Wow!' there was complete silence for a moment, Dr Tobi went back to observing the cells under the microscope.

'I have to go back to my patients now,' the Doctor who had handed over the other ampoule to Dr Tobi broke the silence.

'It's okay doc, thank you.' Dr Williams said. 'I have to find a solution to my office door also.'

'Your door has been opened,' the Inspector cut in, 'Dr Tobi was caught in there,' Ken said in an accusing manner, giving Dr Tobi a cold stare, as if challenging him to deny.

'I was locked inside your office,' Dr Tobi said to Dr Williams. 'A lady dressed in the renal department nurses' uniform came to tell me you were calling me, she lied that it was urgent and about the operation.'

'She wasn't a nurse but was dressed in the renal nurses' uniform?' Dr Williams questioned.

'Yes.'

'How did you know that she wasn't one of the nurses?'

'She was with a gun, disguised with a wig on her hair too.' Dr Tobi explained, 'I don't know how she got your access card but I believe she was sent to deceive me out of the theatre and she succeeded.'

'Deceive you, but what for?'

'To kill the patient of course, that lab scientist, the disguised nurse all must be from Samantha Osman's group.' Ken cut in again.

'But I don't really get it,' Dr Tobi said with confusion written all over his face, 'why would they plot all that just to administer the cure to the patient?'

'That you would help us in answering, that's why I've been following you around. The police would need to ask you some questions. Let's just pray and hope that it was really the cure that was administered and that nothing else was done to him.'

'So you never knew them right? Why didn't you ask for the name of their organization?' Dakolo questioned. Two of the journalists were seated in front of him under a tree in the hospital compound but far away from the main building.

'We were more interested in the new and strategy that he and his colleague were sharing with us, that was of more import to us.' the same journalist who tackled Dakolo earlier answered.

'So did he tell you how he got the information?'

'He said it was from a Doctor friend in this hospital.'

'Dr Tobi right?'

'He didn't mention anything to us until he called that name here when we were questioning the senior doctor.'

'And how did you guys get the information that there were officers here guarding Henry E.G?'

'He told us all of that, part of the strategy was that we should request to see the police officer in charge when we get here and also request to see the most senior doctor.'

'Hmm... Did you ask him why he had this strategy?'

'No, it sounded intelligent to us, so there was no need for questioning.'

'So they gave you the strategy of gaining entrance, strategy of who to ask questions and also to come and meet me but they absconded during the process?' Dakolo asked without expecting why reply, nodding his head gently and thoughtfully. He knew now how it was all planned. The lab scientist was the one behind it all.

He took out his phone, planning to place a call to the office and ask them to reach Government City Hospital in Capetown and collect more information about the lab scientist, now that he was a major suspect in a crime.

Inspector Clem's call entered before he could dial the office number. 'Inspector Clem,' Dakolo said into the phone.

'Sir, Henry E.G is safe. It was the cure that was administered to him and Dr Tobi has also been found.'

Read Chapter 19 part 5,6,7 and 8 on www.youngicee.com

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:26am On Aug 02, 2016
No comments? Hope I'll get comments after this one or know if I should stop posting here.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by mhizcutie(f): 7:19am On Aug 02, 2016
Oyinprince:
No comments? Hope I'll get comments after this one or know if I should stop posting here.
please don't stop o

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by hefelove(m): 7:49am On Aug 02, 2016
Oyinprince:
People dey comment na we dey enjoy you oyin please keep up the good work. God bless
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by niffymizzy(m): 8:38am On Aug 02, 2016
Hey Mr oyinprince nice work so far man, what's up with sen president?
This ur work is outta this world man, u a stoner right! Wah type of brand do u puff??
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by vickkydgreat(m): 10:43am On Aug 02, 2016
oyin wen are u releasing the PDF?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:29am On Aug 02, 2016
vickkydgreat:
oyin wen are u releasing the PDF?
This one na big question o, to process the pdf self dey fear me. I'll tell you guys whenever it's available sha
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 7:29am On Aug 04, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 19 Part 5

'He's going to recover soon,' Dr Tobi said to the elderly Doctor who was handling Henry's case before it was transferred to him. They were in the new ward where Henry had been placed and were running check up on him. An x-ray on his body had just been done and the doctors had found nothing dangerous in his system.

'Thank God he's okay, I can't imagine the kind of troubles we would have faced from the police and the questions we would have had to answer them.' the elderly doctor replied.

'Thank God,' Dr Tobi murmured under his breath and stepped back a little, staring at the patient in silence.

'I just wonder why that lab scientist should attack our nurses and flee,' the elderly doctor put in.

'I wonder too, no one knows the content of the ampoule he left behind.'

'That'll only be for a short while, Dr Albert is working on it and I trust him, we'll get the results soon.'

The door flung open immediately the elderly doctor finished talking. Both doctors turned to see the agent and two other officers approaching them.

'I was told he was administered the cure and he's safe,' Agent Dakolo said to the doctors, fixing his eyes on Henry who was laying peacefully on the bed.

'Yes sir, he's alright.' Dr Tobi replied him.

'That's good news,' Dakolo gave a brief smile and glanced at the doctor's face after feeling Henry's skin with the back of his palm.

Dakolo took some steps back, still fixing his eyes on Henry. He placed his hands behind his waist and stood at ease and then took his gaze to Dr Tobi. 'We've searched all around and have not been able to find that lab scientist or even discover how he left this vicinity.' Dakolo said to Dr Tobi who replied him with silence.

'In the absence of Dr David the lab scientist, we'll have to take you in for questioning.' Dakolo continued speaking, staring straight at Dr Tobi's face to see his response. 'You worked closely with him, so you may be able to tell us some things about him.'

'I don't know anything about him more than you do,' Dr Tobi replied in a defensive manner. 'Our relationship was strictly professional.'

'So he didn't mention anything about himself to you?'

'Nothing,' Dr Tobi answered.

'Okay, but we still need to question you. He may have revealed some things to you without you being able to decipher them.'

'All the questions would be done here,' Dr Tobi asserted, 'it'll be done in this hospital.'

'No, in the police office, that's the excellent place for that kind of session.' Dakolo retorted. 'Because of the respect we have for you, we'll let you come for the session tomorrow morning.'

'I won't have that kind of session with you,' Dr Tobi protested.

'You don't have a choice doctor, you worked with him, don't make us do it the hard way.'

'I won't,' Dr Tobi insisted strongly.

'Then, we'll have no choice than to go hard on you,' Dakolo said and turned to Inspector Clem to make a signal. Inspector Clem began to detach the handcuff attached to one of his belt holes.

'Agent,' Dr Tobi called in a strict and determined tone. 'We worked with him. You permitted it after confirming that he was from South Africa, so if I'm going to leave here handcuffed, you'll have to be handcuffed too and we'll have to be questioned together.'

Dakolo paused and took in a deep breath, staring at Dr Tobi narrowly, impressed by the Doctor's intelligence. He signaled for inspector Clem to return the handcuff, remembering that he truly permitted Dr Tobi to continue work with the lab scientist. He felt a bit embarrassed and defeated. 'We do not mean to harass you doc,' he said in an apologetic manner. 'We only need you to answer our few questions. We'll carry out the questioning here as you said.'

'You do not want to harass me but you just tried to take me out of here handcuffed?' Dr Tobi said angrily, shaking his head at the Agent in disbelief.

Dakolo was quiet for a while, he felt he had goofed big time, he should have used a different approach.

'Excuse me sirs, it's past closing hours already and I need to tidy up my office before leaving.' Dr Tobi said and began to walk towards the exit. The officers allowed him pass and watched in silence, the older doctor followed suit.

'We're moving him out of here tonight,' Dakolo announced to the doctors before the exit door was opened. 'I already requested for that officially and I'm sure that directives on what you need to do would be on your table already.' he said particularly to Dr Tobi.

Dr Tobi stopped at Dakolo's announcement, he waited for Dakolo to finish talking before he turned back slowly. 'You can't take him away now, it will disrupt all that we've started.'

'We will, we have to. It's dangerous for him to continue staying here. We're already making arrangements on how to fly him out of the country as soon as possible; most likely in two days time.'

'Fly him out?' Dr Tobi eyes widened in surprise, he took some steps back closer to the officers. 'That would mean paralyzing him totally; it would totally eliminate all his chances of recovery. It's not safe for him to fly yet.'

'Ermm... Our minds are made up already,' Dakolo said, unconvinced about the Doctor's claim. 'It'll be safer there for him.'

'Your minds are made up to kill him?' Dr Tobi asked rhetorically. 'Maybe you need to bring one of your Doctors from the office to read his case file, so that he'll explain to you the danger of what you're about to do.' Dr Tobi said after which he turned back and walked out immediately. The officers were left with the elderly Doctor and unconscious Henry in the ward.

Dakolo pondered on what Dr Tobi said before leaving, maybe bringing one of their doctors to read the case file would tell if Dr Tobi was being truthful, he thought. Another thought struck his mind again, 'what if Dr Tobi alters the reports in the file case to support his motion?'

He looked up at the staring face of the older doctor, he decided that he could trust him more. 'Doctor,' Dakolo called, proceeding towards the doctor where the doctor was standing close to the exit. 'Please tell me, is it true that it's not safe for him to fly now?'

'That's the truth you heard already, if you really want to render him completely useless, then you can go ahead with your plans.' the doctor replied him in a stern voice.

'Far from it Doc, his life is very important to us and that's why we want to take this step. We want to fly him to the US where he'll be safer.'

'You think he'll be safer there?' the doctor questioned. 'You're aware that the US also has this same assassin problem and you're still talking about taking him there? As far as reports and news have it, we here; I mean you security officers are doing better than other counties' officers.'

'Ermm... I agree with you doc, but it'll be harder for the assassin following him here to reach him when we fly him to the US.'

'I thought your IG has said that the assassin group here in Nigeria is in same organization with the ones that are functioning in other countries too. Don't you think you'll be exposing the patient to great danger instead of putting him here where you can watch over him by yourself.'

Dakolo began to ponder on the Doctor's words, he began to question himself if it was possible for him to personally safeguard Henry and still go about with the investigations. It would be hard but it could be made possible in a way.

'Nevertheless, we'll take him out of this place today.' Dakolo spoke after coming to a conclusion in his mind. 'We'll move him to a secluded place, Dr Tobi would continue to treat him; that means Dr Tobi would have to be excused for some days, probably a month. Do you think we can trust Dr Tobi.'

'Of course yes, I can personally vouch for him. He's one of our bests here and he's also honest. But taking him away for one month? You have to sort that out with the authorities of the hospital.' The elderly doctor said.

'That wouldn't be a problem,' Dakolo said and began to walk towards the door.

++++

Benny stepped out of car immediately the engine was killed. He began to walk towards the door of the house, forgetting that he wasn't with the key. He was forced to stand at the entrance of the house.

Cole and Aisha were watching him mystified, wondering what the reason was for his behavior. They walked towards the entrance where he was slowly and Cole took out the key to the door. Benny kept on avoiding their gazes until the door was opened. He rushed in at once and walked to the room he shared with Cole.

Cole and Aisha remained baffled, they stared at each other with questions in their eyes, they knew that neither of them had answers to the questions, so they bothered not to ask each other.

'I'll go prepare our meal right away, I think Benny needs some rest.' Aisha said with a shrug to Cole before walking away.

Cole shrugged too and walked to the same room Benny entered, he opened the door slowly. He saw Benny where their clothes and bags were placed, searching furiously in the bags for something. Cole closed back the door and began to make his way to the room were the Senate President was kept.

++++

Tarasha kept thinking about her next line of action as she sat at the back seat of the cab. Now she was supposed to resume as soon as possible in the NSCC and she'll be working in a post close to that of Henry, performing most of his responsibilities and duties now that he wasn't fit and won't be available; in fact, what she was expecting was the public announcement of his death. And the most exciting part about her new job was that she was going to be working closely with the Vice President and the Inspector General.

For the the two of them, she was going to attack them from a distance and also closely too, making use of the opportunity of her work with them.

She took out her phone and opened her browser, she typed in the address to a news website and waited for it to load. In less than thirty seconds, it had finished loading and she saw the news she was expecting to see.

'Henry E.G attacked again in the hospital,' she read the headline to herself. She clicked on the link to read the details of the news.

++++

'What details have you been able to gather?' Agent Dakolo asked as he entered into the computer room. The two officers sitting in front of the master computer got up immediately in recognition of his presence.

'Sir, we've not gotten anything yet ' the lady was the one who replied.

'What do you mean by that?' Dakolo asked, walking towards them with Ken behind. He stopped beside them and looked into the system to see what they were doing. 'Have you not been able to reach the hospital again?'

'I've reached them already but they denied having any previous conversation with us yesterday.'

'What?? Were you not the one who spoke with them yesterday?' Dakolo asked with seriousness in his voice.

'He was the one,' the lady replied, looking to the man.

'Yes sir, I was the one who spoke with them. They confirmed him to be one of their lab scientists and even sent his profile to us, which I forwarded the summary to you,' the man defended himself.

'Can I see the profile that was sent?' Dakolo asked, folding his arms.

The man sat back and minimized the application opened, he clicked on a folder icon on the desktop and began to search for the profile sent . 'Here's it,' he announced as he clicked on it.

A saved webpage opened on the Google chrome browser and the profile of the lab scientist opened. Dakolo and Ken looked into it, they saw the same passport and details that had been seen on the lab scientist's identity card.

'Then why are they denying having any conversation with you?'

'I don't understand sir, in fact, we've sent this profile back to the mail they used in sending and we're expecting their reply. They can't deny this.'

'Since when did you send it?' Dakolo asked.

'Thirty minutes ago sir,' the lady replied. She also took her seat and took the mouse from her partner. She opened the email application to show the message sent.

'Call back now and ask them to confirm receipt and also send their reply,' Dakolo ordered.

The lady took her phone which was on the table and dialled the number immediately, she placed it on loudspeaker.

'Hello, officer Kemi from the Nigeria Police Headquarters... I called an hour ago to ask about Dr David who is a...'

'We do not have any lab scientist named Dr David,' the receiver cut in. 'I told you that before and you said you'll send a mail to us which I've been expecting since and I've not seen.'

'You've not seen it?' the lady asked in a surprised tone.

'No, it's better you send it now. I'm about to close for the day and you'll have to start from the scratch in explaining your request to another representative.'

'But have you also been able to confirm the person who spoke to us yesterday?'

'No, I already told you that we don't have any care representative named Kelvin.'

'Okay, please can you send your email address in a text message to this number, so that I can be sure that we're sending to the correct email address.'

'Okay,' the call ended.

'But the man that I spoke with yesterday introduced himself as Kelvin.' the male computer operator argued.

'Call the Network provider now and report to them, request for the recording of your call yesterday to serve as proof to us,' Dakolo said to the man who immediately took the suggestion and brought out his phone.

'Sir,' the female computer operator called to Dakolo. 'The text message is here already,' she said squinting into the computer.

Dakolo bent down to also look. 'These emails are different,' Dakolo said, comparing the email in the text message to the one on the computer screen. 'This one is contact@govcityh.com while the fake one of contact@gvcityh.com. You guys have been deceived.'

Dakolo turned to the male operator, 'are you sure it was this same phone number you called yesterday?'

'Yes,' he answered in an aggrieved tone. 'I was surprised when it was denied today. I was in a serious argument with the lady who answered until my colleague decided to help me.' he said, pointing to his female partner.

'Then, call your Network provider immediately. Also tell them to provide you the exact location where the call came from.' Dakolo said to the man and turned back to the lady. 'You send the profile to the new email address for confirmation.'

The computer operators began work immediately. Dakolo stepped back and glanced at his wrist watch, it was some minutes past eight pm already, he was supposed to have closed for the day, same for computer operators and Ken but the urgency of the case wouldn't allow them to. He heaved a sigh as his eyes met with Ken's. He felt guilty for being careless and keeping all of them till that time, he shouldn't have allowed that Lab Scientist at all, knowing that the assassins have high technology measures and hacking skills which they used in deceiving their victims.

'Sir,' Inspector Ken interrupted his thoughts. 'I think it's time to go back to the hospital now, they asked us to be there by eight thirty.'

++++

'It's the boss,' Cole announced to Aisha who was seated on one of the sofas in the living room. He was peeping through the front window and he could see Tarasha opening the gate to drive in her car.

Aisha got up from her seat and they both walked out to meet the boss. Tarasha drove the car in while Aisha helped her to close back the gate. She took sometime before stepping out of the car. She looked quite simple and relaxed under the bright moonlight that night, she had stopped at the house in the city to change her clothes and pick the car.

'Where's Benny?' she asked Cole, taking in a deep breath as the cool breeze blew her jacket and hair sideways.

''Ermm... Benny, I don't really know. He said he wanted to get something outside and hasn't returned since then.' Cole replied.

'Boss, Benny has been acting strange since he finished the task.' Aisha added.

'Why? But he was successful, it's all over the news that Henry was attacked.'

'Yes, I don't just seem to understand. He was looking very disturbed.' Cole said thoughtfully.

Read Chapter 19 Part 6,7,8 and 9 on www.youngicee.com

5 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
One of the best so far, though i prefer reading it in your blog. Please can i get the pdf. When the story is complet? Loyalty1914@yahoo.com
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by tattesco(m): 9:12am On Aug 05, 2016
Mr oyinprince. I still can't believe your this your work glued me down since yesterday. Woooooow. You are too good.

I stumble at your work yesterday and can't belive this story is here close to one year now.

Baba twale ooo.

Still in chapter 9 though

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by hefelove(m): 9:57am On Aug 05, 2016
August 30 Tarasha wee do one year byday
Oyinprince ku ishe o Oluwa ma so agbara dotun o
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Kealmin(m): 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
nice update who agent dakolo eeeeeelp? why he dey form superman make dat guy dey careful before tarasha go look his way

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by waShine(m): 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oyinprince:
Hello guys, I'm starting this new work tomorrow and you're all invited. I'll be posting here on nairaland and my blog too. Check the link below for more info

http://youngicee..com/2015/08/tarasha-trailer.html?m=1

You did not include waShine
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Missmossy(f): 9:31pm On Aug 05, 2016
Operation turned sour for Bennet cheesy Tarasha doesn't know yet. Ride on Oyinprince.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 12:17am On Aug 06, 2016
tattesco:
Mr oyinprince. I still can't believe your this your work glued me down since yesterday. Woooooow. You are too good.

I stumble at your work yesterday and can't belive this story is here close to one year now.

Baba twale ooo.

Still in chapter 9 though
Thanks man and welcome to the train.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 12:18am On Aug 06, 2016
iamloyalty:
One of the best so far, though i prefer reading it in your blog. Please can i get the pdf. When the story is complet? Loyalty1914@yahoo.com
Hmm, you'll have to stay tuned to know when the complete story is ready
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 12:20am On Aug 06, 2016
hefelove:
August 30 Tarasha wee do one year byday

Oyinprince ku ishe o Oluwa ma so agbara dotun o
smiley I wish to finish Tarasha before then sha, let's see how it goes.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 12:20am On Aug 06, 2016
Missmossy:
Operation turned sour for Bennet cheesy Tarasha doesn't know yet. Ride on Oyinprince.
Thanks ma'am wink .
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 12:21am On Aug 06, 2016
waShine:
You did not include waShine
No vex Boss, you'll always be added next time
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 12:26am On Aug 06, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 19 Part 6

Dakolo was seated in the back of the ambulance with the doctor and Henry laying in the bed. Ken was seated in the front seat with the driver, leading the way to their destination.

Dakolo glanced at Henry's calm face from time to time and would take a deep sigh of relief after. He was glad that Henry was going to live after all, even though if he didn't remember anything like the doctor said, he was a young man and still had the opportunity to start a new life. Dakolo made up his mind to help Henry have that new life and have it to the full.

Just after fifteen minutes of driving, Dakolo's phone began to ring. He took it out and checked the caller, it was from the office.

'Hello officer,' he answered the call and spoke in a low voice.

'Sir,' the female computer operator's voice sounded. 'The profile we got yesterday wasn't from the hospital in Capetown, the signature and logo have some slight differences. The assassins must have created a fake profile and deceived us with it.'

'Okay,' Dakolo replied after few seconds of silence, feeling defeated but not surprise about the report. 'What about the network provider's report, where did they say the call was answered from?'

'They haven't been able to find the exact location sir but it has been confirmed that the call wasn't answered from South Africa.'

'It's okay officer, thanks, you may now retire for the day and allow the officers on night shift take over.' Dakolo replied.

'Yes sir, goodnight.' Dakolo could hear the happiness in her voice before she cut the call.

Dakolo took another glance at Henry immediately the call ended, he stretched forth his hand to the bed and to touched Henry's fingers. Henry's hand was warm but there was no reaction made to Dakolo's touch.

'For how long is he going to stay unconscious?' Dakolo asked the doctor.

'I'm not really sure, only Dr Tobi can give us the most accurate prediction,' the doctor replied.

'I wished you were the one to stay with him, I can trust you more. Dr Tobi seems younger, inexperienced and more naive.' Dakolo said.

'Dr Tobi is not inexperienced, he's a professional who has dealt with several other cases successfully, he's one of the best in Africa and in the world. Even though this case is quite unique, he's still the best man for the job. I don't think any other Doctor in the world would do better than him.'

'Why are you so confident about him?' Dakolo asked, raising a brow.

'He's good, I know him, I've seen him perform excellently several times. He has even proved it in this case.'

'How did he prove it?"

'You see, in cases like this where the substance used to induce the brain damage and paralysis to the patient is unknown, the only person who would be able to produce the cure has to be the manufacturer of the poison. But in this case, Dr Tobi was able to come up with the cure. The highest point several other doctors in his line would have ever gotten to was knowing that the cure could be derived from that liquid, they would have never been able to know how to purify the liquid and make the cure.'

''Hmm... I see,' Dakolo commented and took his gaze away. He stared blankly at the wall of the ambulance for sometime.

'You'll pick him from his house tomorrow as planned,' the doctor continued. 'Now that he would even be left alone with the patient and the patient would be the only responsibility he has, he might be able to come up with several other things to make the patient recover faster.'

Dakolo bit his lips and nodded silently in agreement with what the doctor said. Quick recovery was what he wanted for Henry, very quick recovery. So that they would be able to fly him out of the country once and for all to save him from any other possible attacks.

++++

'I'll have to return tomorrow then,' Tarasha said, stepping into the car. 'Call me at once Benny is back and also inform him that I need to have a meeting with all of you tomorrow.' she said and closed the door to the driver's seat. After waiting an hour for Benny to return, she had no choice than to leave and come back the next day. 'Make sure you keep an eye on the Senate President, we should administer to him the poison very soon, it'll take about three days before he finally dies.' she said before starting the engine. She wind up the window glasses and began to reverse, Cole went to open the gate for her. In one minute time, she had driven out already.

Cole and Aisha returned back into the house quietly, still wondering where Benny could have gone to and what could be wrong with him.

++++

Benny kept on walking hurriedly down the streets, he had gone out of Gwagalada already and was on his way to a motor park. He planned on boarding a bus that night or very early the next morning to Lagos, then from Lagos he was going to travel out of the country to another African nation where they would not be able to trace him to. He had enough money in his bank account to settle down there for the moment and maybe take up a responsible job or start a business.

The roads were already almost empty, there cars were passing by occasionally. There were also very few people on the road and by the side, most of them were people coming from work who could be seen at the joints of Mallams who were selling late night food to people.

He crossed the road to the other side of the junction, he stopped to wait for a cab or a good Samaritan who would be driving towards the direction of the motor garage he was going to.

Not more than two minutes of waiting, the good Samaritan came by. A black car stopped at his front.

'Hello,' the windows were wind down and the car reversed a little. A man at the passenger's side of the front seat waved at Benny. The man's cap covered his face partly, making it impossible for Benny to see the face properly.

'Hello, I'm going to the Lagos motor garage there.' Benny said, approaching the car.

'Do you have some money?' the man asked.

'Yes,' Benny replied, confident of himself. His gun was in his pocket and he wasn't scared of entering into a robber's car. He had received extra training under Tarasha, so entering a robber's car would even make things better for him; it would give him good enough reasons to snatch the car and use it personally for himself, maybe drive himself to Lagos.

'Hop in,' the man said and the door to the back seat opened.

'Thank you,' Benny said as he entered and placed his bag beside him. He saw the eyes of the driver peeping at him through the rearview mirror but couldn't see the face properly. The light in the car was turned off before the car drove off.

The driver began to play one of Tupac's album, raising the volume so high that it could damage one's ear. Benny did not complain but just used his palms to cover his ears.

Twenty minutes later, the car began to approach the point where the motor park was.

'Can you slow down your speed? We're almost at my destination,' Benny said but the driver and his partner weren't listening, the loudness of the music would not let them hear. Benny tapped the driver on his shoulder gently, the music volume was reduced a little.

'We've passed the motor garage already, please stop and tell me how much you want to collect.' Benny said. The driver did not reduce his speed, he increased it instead and increased the volume of the music too.

Benny took out his gun and wanted to place it on the neck of the driver but unluckily for him, they were close to a police road block. He hid the gun under his legs until they passed the police joint several metres away.

'Now pull over,' Benny commanded the driver, putting the gun's tip at the back of his neck. The driver refused to stop and continued to drive until Benny cocked the gun, he finally pulled over and raised up his hands surrendering.

'Bro, take it easy.' the man on the passenger's side said in a relaxed voice.

'Hey man, calm down. I'm just playing a late night game with you,' the driver said in a voice that sounded familiar to Benny. 'Or would your boss scold you for playing a little, harmless game with me this night?' the driver added in a mocking tone.

Benny was taken aback, his hand began to drop slowly. Then his heart almost failed him as the driver turned back and Benny saw his face.

'Nice to meet once again, did you miss me?' Don asked tauntingly.

++++

~~~~ Monday Morning ~~~~

Tarasha resumed her work in the NSCC that morning, she was given a special office, just like Henry's. On resumption, she met several uncompleted projects on the table, most which were rolled over from Henry.

The last night had been refreshing for her. For over fifteen years of her life, she had not had so much rest like she did, after spending much time with her brother. They decided to suspend all their talks about the past first and talk about the future. Even though both of them still had those past memories haunting them in their hearts, they decided to pretend to be okay to each other.

Jefa still had a wish to see the Inspector General punished but he left it unvoiced, not wanting to stir up bad memories in Omotara's head again and not knowing that she had it in mind too. One other important reason why Jefa agreed to stop sharing his past was because he did not want to lie to her, which he'll be forced to do if he continued. There were a lot of things he did which he thought could make her hate or become scared of him when she hears about them.

Omotara on her own part, decided not to go further with hearing about his past immediately, she was going to hear it from him little by little, so that he would not suspect anything when the people whose names he would mention would pay for their sins with their blood. Her next target was the Inspector General of Police. She was going to add him to the Vice President's job, after killing the both of them, then it'll be the appropriate time to hear more stories about the past.

Tarasha began her work immediately, she started to go through all the jobs Henry had not completed and check the structure of the softwares. She was able to make quick progress because of the reports she had gotten from the other developers who had been working with Henry, she was going to be meeting with them by 1pm that day. She also had a meeting with the Vice President the next morning by 9am. She, Mr Sylvester and the other developers would be going for the meeting at the Vice President quarters.

Her phone beeped twice, a text message had entered. She picked it up to read. The sender was one of those numbers which was usually used to send spam messages by the network providers. She wanted to ignore but the first word of the message caught her attention, she opened it to read more. 'Henry E.G moved from the hospital by the police, rumour has it that he was taken out lifeless... read more on youngicee.com.'

She clicked on the link to get more details of the news. 'Our sources have gathered that the intelligent programming expert after being attacked was moved out of the hospital that same night. Whether he was moved out dead or not, we've not been able to confirm. All efforts to reach the hospital authorities have proved abortive but we were able to reach one of the nurses who was present while he was being moved out. Nurse Titi (real name withheld) spoke to our correspondence, explaining details on how he looked lifeless on the night he was being moved out from the hospital. Only one of the senior doctors in the hospital (name withheld) went with the police in the ambulance and returned to the hospital the next morning, this would mean that there is no Doctor from the hospital who is presently with Henry.

Reports also has it that the doctor who was previously in charge of Henry's case may have been suspended or sacked by the hospital management as his name has been removed from the duty roster and all other patients he was previously in charge of treating has been assigned to it other doctors...'

Tarasha stopped reading and dropped her phone on the table, she wondered why the police was hiding the news of Henry's death, why they had to take his body away from the hospital and hide it somewhere else.

She picked up the phone again and dialed Benny's number, it still wasn't going through. She dialed Cole's.

'Hello Boss,' Cole answered in a lively voice.

'Hey Cole, how are you this morning?'

'Fine boss, you?'

'Excellent, how about Aisha and the Senate President? Have you poisoned the man already?'

'Yes, the poison was added to his food last night.'

'Okay, the effects will start to show tomorrow. That means you'll take him out of the lodge tomorrow after inserting the microchip in his hand.'

'Yes boss, I'm still very aware of the plan.'

'Okay, any news from Benny yet?'

'None yet.'

'Conduct a search for him, I'll send you the data for the cameras in that...' Tarasha paused suddenly, remembering that the street cameras were not present in some parts of Gwagalada, including the street where their lodge was. 'Well... Just begin a search for him, make sure that he hasn't gotten himself into trouble.'

'Okay boss,' Cole replied and the call ended.

++++

He sat quietly on the bed, resting his back on the headboard. He stared at everything in the room which he was. It was a very neat room painted white, the door was a transparent glass door which allowed for people in the room to see those outside. Occasionally, he would see one or two people pass through the corridor. Who they were he did not know, neither did he know who he was.

Soon, a young man dressed in a doctor's coat came in leaving the door opened. He recognized the Doctor's face as the person who had been administering drugs and injections to him since the day he had found himself there. He didn't know when he got there or how he did, he also did not know how many days he had spent there as he never left the bed since when he found himself there. He never saw darkness too, the room was always brightened by the florescent bulbs placed at strategic corners of the ceiling.

Two other men entered after the doctor and closed the door. They were dressed corporately in black suits and white shirts, he wondered who they were. They came closer to his bed and stood at his front with smiling faces.

'How are you?' the doctor finally broke the silence.

He didn't reply, he wasn't sure of what to say. He didn't even know if he could speak.

'Hope you're feeling better?' the doctor asked again.

'I'm fine,' he said, not knowing where the words came from.

The doctor smiled on seeing his tensed state, he placed a hand on his shoulder. 'Don't worry, you'll be fine. We are your friends.'

He looked at the faces of the two other people to see if he could find friendship there. The men were nodding their heads in consent to the doctor's words.

'I'm Doctor Tobi,' the doctor started the introduction, 'and this Agent Dakolo and Inspector Ken.'

Henry took another quick glance at the two other men, he didn't like their faces and he wasn't sure he could trust them, the Doctor's introduction made them look more dangerous to him.

'What do you want from me?' he asked in a frightened tone.

Agent Dakolo moved closer, 'Henry, we are your friends. We don't want anything from you, we want to help you.'

'Who is Henry?' he asked looking back to see if they were referring to someone else.

'You,' Dakolo gave a brief chuckle. 'You are Henry and we are your friends, we've come...' Dakolo's phone rang interrupting him. He stopped and stepped back. He brought out his phone and checked the screen. He silenced it and stepped forward again.

'I want to be alone,' Henry said, he laid flat on his back and used the blanket to cover his whole body including his face.

Dr Tobi signaled to the officers that it was time to leave. Slowly and without making noise, they marched out of the room.

He took the blanket off his face after the three visitors had left. 'Henry,' he muttered to himself. 'What does the name mean?'

'Please Dr Tobi, ensure you do not make calls to anybody. Keep your line switched off completely.' Dakolo warned.

'I've heard you Agent, you said I can only make calls when I go into the town.'

'Yes, but never from this location. We would reach you on the landline provided whenever we want to.'

'Okay Agent,' Dr Tobi said.

'Thank you,' Dakolo concluded and marched away with Inspector Ken. He had several officers guarding the house, they had also introduced military personnels to the job. After their meeting with the Vice president that day, Inspector Ken would return to the location to monitor the doctor and keep an eye on other security officials.

Visit www.youngicee.com to read Chapter 19 Part 7 - 10

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (51) (Reply)

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Silent Seduction / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 257
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.