Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

US Embassy And Nigerian Students: My Case - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / US Embassy And Nigerian Students: My Case (1948 Views)

N91m Gave Out To First Class Students My MFM / Humble Advice To Nigerian Students, Pls, Pls Read!!!... / How Far 4 Us Embassy And Naija Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Embassy And Nigerian Students: My Case by jaydoff(m): 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2006
Can someone give me heads on or tit bits on what to do, if you've had past xperiences. I plan to go back for an f-1 visa interview soon. I went there for my first time in April. I got denied - they said "I didnt have my original WAEC and I was immigration risk". I went back in June, I got all they needed, but still denied, this time around they didnt give an explanation, X28,000 gone.Just like dat. I dont know what the problem is, I got admission, and scholarship though the remaining part was paid by a sponsor over there, I dont know if dats the problem. I didnt give up, My sponsors contacted a US congressman office to write on my behalf, but yet still in June, I got denied. I've been there in July, August, September (in Abuja), Still denied, in total they've consumed X500 from me. Thats fraud. I've got everything but I dont know whats their probs, On one of the interview I was told" you've been here the 3rd time now, why dont you stay back". On my last interview this time at the abuja embassy, they asked me some question, I responded and provided the proof they required, but after staring at the screen, she went inside to speak with a colleague and when she came out, "sorry I you do not qualify for a US visa".
Now, I've missed first sems, and the school has given me new papers for the second sems. I want to go back maybe in December. Someone please tell me what to do.
Re: US Embassy And Nigerian Students: My Case by goodbobo: 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2006
well my brother it is like that with the US embassy . the fact that u have all the right papers complete does not mean an authomatic visa . i believe they have a specific number of people they give visa per day and if exceeded there is no paper that can make them give u visa . but remember winner dont quit . try again and if not possible Uk schools are equally so good.

Wish u all the best
Re: US Embassy And Nigerian Students: My Case by dolliepie(f): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2006
my dear good bobo ,u need some real prayer and fasting before u go for d new interveiw,it happened to me too,i had all my papers but i was denied,i went there for like 8times before i was granted one .there was even one time  i wanted to sleep @ their office because i was turned down and fed up,it was my mum that dragged me home that day and u want to no how much i wasted so far?bout 800,00n.my mum gave up but i didnt,i packed some stuffs and i went to a prayer mountain ,spent 21 days there came down and went for my 8th and last interveiw.
  interveiwed by d person all through,i had a look of either -i die-here -2day-or -u give-me-visa look on my face,she was staring at me and i stared back at her without blinking,she checked whatever they checked on d screen,and asked me,u don't ever give up do u?i said i don't because that is not in my dictionary,my passport was collected and i was asked to come pick up my visa d ff week.had to start my admissions all over again,but that is nothing.
  NOW if u no and u sure u have all d required document,u leave everything to God and see what hes going to do.
Re: US Embassy And Nigerian Students: My Case by kidgenious(m): 2:07am On Oct 04, 2006
apart from d fact dat presentation matters a lot,US embassy will never give student a visa if u have a foreign sponsor.even if d sponsor is ur family stayin ova dere,dey wont issue u d visa.i think u should try n get sum1 in nigeria with an account in a nigerian bank.den pay all d necessary fees lyk sevis n d lyks.den pray n be very confident both in ur speech n looks.i have no doubt u'll be issued d stuff
Re: US Embassy And Nigerian Students: My Case by lewa(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2006
Been there- PRAY TO GOD FOR FAVOUR when next you go. Seems everyone is an immigration
risk now including those that have valid B1/B2 visitors visas that are being refused when
they show for renewal.If they say no again try Canada or UK schools. All the best
Re: US Embassy And Nigerian Students: My Case by jaydoff(m): 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2006
Thanx to everyone who has contributed. I'll Go with God.
Re: US Embassy And Nigerian Students: My Case by forgiven(m): 3:19am On Oct 10, 2006
dollie-pie:

my dear good bobo ,u need some real prayer and fasting before u go for d new interveiw,it happened to me too,i had all my papers but i was denied,i went there for like 8times before i was granted one .there was even one time i wanted to sleep @ their office because i was turned down and fed up,it was my mum that dragged me home that day and u want to no how much i wasted so far?bout 800,00n.my mum gave up but i didnt,i packed some stuffs and i went to a prayer mountain ,spent 21 days there came down and went for my 8th and last interveiw.
interveiwed by d person all through,i had a look of either -i die-here -2day-or -u give-me-visa look on my face,she was staring at me and i stared back at her without blinking,she checked whatever they checked on d screen,and asked me,u don't ever give up do u?i said i don't because that is not in my dictionary,my passport was collected and i was asked to come pick up my visa d ff week.had to start my admissions all over again,but that is nothing.
NOW if u no and u sure u have all d required document,u leave everything to God and see what hes going to do.

U have a good testimony there and that has inspired me. I think I will continue to try. I let go of the idea after the fourth denial without reasons. I mean I had a full scholarship from the school, an optional research grant and also an on campus job as a teaching assistant. The stipend from the teaching assistanship was more than my school fees (tution and other things) per annum. I had all they needed, my personal account plus a sponsor's account but they were like sorry, u don't qualify for a visa. The dean of graduate school spoke and wrote to them on behalf but still no visa - during my last interview (June last year), the interview said "seems like they really need you in this school or why would they keep a scholarship for you for three consecutive years, unfortunately I decide if you go or not and my decision is that u are not qualified." With this I gave up, after all I have a 'sweet' job in Nigeria. But with ur testimony, maybe I will give it more trials.
Re: US Embassy And Nigerian Students: My Case by agatonaa(f): 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2007
I also tried to sponsor someone to go to school here. We have all the proper papers, admitance in school, even the head of the school wrote but it never helps. The kid got denied 4x until he just gave it up. He got so discouraged & I can not blame the kid. We spent so much already just him going back & forth & not to mention our time. So, we gave it up for maybe it is not right time yet or maybe not meant to be. And we decided to just sent the kid to school there.

The saddest of all is that, when someone has the oppurtunity to have someone sponsor them since their parents can not afford to give them a good education, the embassy still denies them visa assuming that these people will not come back to their country since someone is providing them all abroad. They will gave many excuses such as these people should have proof of strong ties in economic in Nigeria. What proof do these people have if they have nothing? Only hope from sponsors that are willing to help & give them a chance for a better education out of the goodness of their heart? But they will never get that chance. The chance we can just offer is for them to go to school there & just make the best of it.

Someone stated that the embassy issue visa in a certain number, maybe you are right. Other stated they got visa for many tries, very fortunate for them. But for those that that is getting tired, maybe you just need to accept that maybe your faith is just to stay in that country. But hope should not be lost rather, maybe GOD has purpose for you for we all have a purpose. Maybe Nigeria is where you are supposed to be to do HIS purpose for you. And yes, we should put all in GODs hands then all will be put to places. Keep the faith.
Re: US Embassy And Nigerian Students: My Case by Name(m): 4:03pm On Feb 11, 2007
I applied once in China , Beijing and was denied for some reasons which i consider fair and i tried the second time having learnt much and prayed and fasted and i went to the embassy and was given a 6month Multiple Entry Visa.

All you need is the right documentS as listed on there website , Dress Polite and Don't be scared to talk to the Interviewer.

I also have good contacts who can provide you some Authentic documents from US. If you are interested you can mail me for more informations.
patricklexx@yahoo.com

But most Important. Have faith and Belive on your God.

Wish you GOOOOOD LUCKS

(1) (Reply)

American Or British System Of Education? / Most Expensive University In Nigeria / Abu Eligible Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.