Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. (34406 Views)

Nigerian Lady Shares Screenshot Of The DM She's Getting From A Married Man / 10 Signs To Know You Are Dating The Wrong Person / She's Getting Me Confused...."help Out Pls" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by stjudas(m): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
Good day people. I am a Corps member of 2015 batch A. I have a girlfriend in her third year in school. Sincerely, I love her but she's hell bent on getting married. I am far from ready and there is this guy she dated few years back for few months before he traveled to India. This guy is really disturbing my girl, promising to marry her as soon as he returns to Nigeria next month. In fact, Dec. 30 has been scheduled for Introduction. Now my problem isn't her leaving me, but for the wrong person. I suspect he's a very bad guy and would make her cry. I tried convincing her to wait for better man even if it wasn't going to be me that all I cared about was her happiness. So, fellow Nairalanders how do I convince her and what way is best to go about this? Below is a message I sent her on Facebook and all she replied was "thank you," and soon she called me and started crying. I inquired why she was crying but she said she doesn't know and hung up. Pls, no insults. Don't tell me I should be thinking of how to get a job or start a small business 'cause it's all in my plans. Your contributions will be appreciated. Thanks.
JUST BEFORE DECEMBER 30.

Bury this little piece in your heart, I took my time to write it for you. It's no cynicism so don't get it twisted. Marriage is a lifetime commitment; once you're in, you're in. Don't ignore the warning signals, it could be very fatal.

1. COURT HIM AGAIN: Don't assume he's the cool guy you use to know. Try courting him for 8 to 12 months before you tie the knot. Remember, he's been outside the country, gathered a handful of experiences and the resultant of this experiences will greatly determine his new personality, either for better or for worse. Ignoring or failing to take this one step is worst of all things you would ever do.

2. BE SURE OF WHAT HE DOES:
Go beyond your emotions and look with your mind's eyes. Can you trust what he tells you he does for a living? Have you sought an answer to these questions: How does he send his goods to Nigeria? Who receives the bales of clothes he sends in and who sells them and how does he get his money back? Through PayPal, Western Money Union Transfer or what? Investigate to be sure it's true.
When he's not sending clothes to Nigeria what does he do? Does he have a part-time job or own a business in India? If a part-time time job, what's the name of the company he works for and what position does he occupy. What are his job functions? If he owns a business, what kind.
Ask him how much he makes and see if it's in coherence with how much you think he's worth. Ask him these question and many more you can think of in quick succession, with that aura of intelligence of one who works with the FBI. Don't give him a chance to think! Just quickly throw the questions at him.
Observe if he's nervous or cool when giving answers. Compare all the information he provides with your previous knowledge of him and make your judgement. Trust your intuition!

3. PROMISES MAY NEVER BE FULFILLED:
Yes, he promised to make you Manager of his current business so he could move into importation of automobile spare parts. Be sure he will do this. Never you assume or just believe, it's not the Gospel after all. Compel him (though you do not have the right to) to start, maybe, a smaller business for you. If he cheerfully does, it could be an indicator that he will do bigger things. Do you still remember what the Bible says: He that is faithful in little is faithful in much.

4. DISCUSS THE MARGINS:
You are a woman, I believe, with dreams and goals. A savvy young girl poised for greatness, whose primary function as a wife is not to mop the floor, wash dishes, cook good foods and make babies. You've got a career life and a margin should be drawn between it and your marital life. I also believe you got goals to accomplish before you turn 30. Ask him how he intends to help you achieve those goals.

5. NEVER GIVE IN TO PRESSURE:
I understand the pressure by the African society on her girl child in getting married. It isn't your last chance, Baby. You are beautiful, intelligent and people tend to like you. You know this. I remember you once told me, "I no be bad market." Appreciate yourself and never take that step except you are sure you want to. The future holds a lot.

6. YOUR DAD, YOUR COUNSELOR:
I have not had the opportunity to meet with any of your parents, but somehow from what I have learned, dad is shrewder than mum (I'm not a diviner. It's just an opinion. I could be wrong). Discuss your man with him expressing the fears and confidence you have in him (your man), I'm sure he (dad) will have something very useful to tell you. Never ignore his advice.

7. AFTER THE WEDDING:
Don't get married to a ghost who will leave you for another woman in an unknown country for years in the guise of searching for endless business opportunities. I know of a victim, my mum’s best friend, then. She got married to a man, a US Naval Officer, in Owerri, in December 2001. The wedding was the talk of town as cash was lavished. The young man traveled back to the States early February 2002 promising her to come see her once in a while. The lady pleaded to go with him but he insisted that it won't be necessary as he plans to return home and start up a new life with her soon. He traveled back and that's all the lady and my mum saw of him. You think he could be dead? NO! He was seen shopping in Las Vegas in early 2013 by one of the friends of the lady who attended the wedding and had traveled to the city.

8. THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT:
I don't have anything much to say here. It is your life, your decision. Always be true to yourself and your findings about him. Remember to trust your judgement. Your decision is ultimate.

Consider the eight points critically before December 30. I wish you the best marriage can offer. I love you. Have a nice day.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Oruemu(f): 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hmmm. What makes u think d guy is a bad guy?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by stjudas(m): 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
Oruemu:
Hmmm.
What makes u think d guy is a bad guy?

I see the kind of pictures he sends to her. The way he talks on phone like a tout (no beefing). He's even been to jail and she still isnt sure of his crime.

49 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by ladyF(f): 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
shocked she needs wisdom....

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Youngpo413: 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Jhenny(f): 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
she is just in her 3rd yr and she is hell bent on getting married this yr?.. Anyway,its her priority. If she wont listen to you,leave her alone. I'm very sure she wont listen anyway. Do all u can to convince her to be patient but if she is still hell bent on marrying d guy then let her be.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by oloribabs(f): 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hmmm. Quite thoughtful, little wonder she was crying!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Dotwillis1(m): 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
If she wanna go, then let her na!... Yhu ain't gon share in her regrets later na

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by CUM4WHAT(m): 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
Mistake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by cyprus000: 8:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
[size=13pt]
Guy.

I want to advice you has a fellow man and a human,who studied human behaviour at school.

I am talking In respect of my field of education and experience.

If you don't wan't som1 you love to make certain decision that you think may harm them.

Never put all your weight on that matter,cos nature is a bittch and may prove your suspicion and assertion wrong.

Then you will be termed "enemy of progress" and that person will forever see you has the cause of his/her problem.

All that lady needs is knowing Good and bad in this situation.

Which you have already outlined in your article. Leave it at that and don't try to force her to do anything

Let her make her decision,cos if you indirectly make decision for her. When e banter.

You will have to dance to the beat of blame and hate.

Cos she will definately hate you for it,considering the fact that you were sopos to be in that guy's shoe,but you aren't .

[/size]

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by stjudas(m): 8:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
Guy.

I want to advice you has a fellow man and a human,who studied human behaviour at school.

I am talking In respect of my field of education and experience.

If you don't won't som1 you love to make certain decision that you think may harm them.

Never put your all your weight in that matter,cos nature is a bittch and may prove your suspicion and assertion wrong.

Then you will be termed "enemy of progress" and that person will forever see you has the cause of his/her problem.

All that lady needs is knowing Good and bad in this situation.

Which you have already outlined in your article. Leave it at that and don't try to force her to do anything

Let her make her decision,cos if you indirectly make desicion for her. When e banter.

You will have to dance to the beat of blame and hate.

Cos she will definately hate you for it,considering the fact the that you were sopos to be in that guy's shoe,but you aren't .

[/size]

Thank you for the advice...I dont want to get involved in the decision making but I still want her to make the right decision. Na why I bring my matta here.

11 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by cyprus000: 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
stjudas:

Thank you for the advice...I dont want to get involved in the decision making but I still want her to make the right decision. Na why I bring my matta here.
[size=13pt]
Baba, I am not saying you want to make decision for her.
All I am saying is that. point out repercussions on this issue,then leave it at that.

Cos if you are bent on persuading her,then you are indirectly compeling her. Which ironically means that you are indirectly making decision for her.
You don't have raw fact that this guy is going to mess up,its just a suspicion which may turn out wrong.

On the flipside, I code your worries but don't let it, make you do something that you may regret.

[/size]

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by mayreeh215: 9:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
Allow her marry...you have done enough advising. it's left for her to take it or not. Buh seriously I feel for you tho. What a way for your relationship to end

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Spikkylee: 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
stjudas:

Ur type is rare...I wish u well.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by stjudas(m): 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
Spikkylee:

Ur type is rare...I wish u well.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by stjudas(m): 10:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
I just called her again and she's still crying. She said there are a lot of things she has to tell me but it will be tomorrow. "Why not now?" I asked. She said she doesn't want to cry the more that I should just hang up until she sorts herself out.

I just hope I've not influenced her in anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by stjudas(m): 10:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
Wey all the people wey dey drag first to comment for Nairaland. Make una enter this thread na I need advice fast. Mods una fit carry this topic go front page?
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 30, 2015
op do you wanna hear the simple truth!!!........its her choice. you just have to let her be and choose who she wants. the guy from india did not force her and she's not a kid not to know whats good for her.

let her carry her cross.

3 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by frankdivine: 1:06am On Aug 31, 2015
Lalasticlala seun

This guy needs more views.

1 Like

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Samyj247: 1:38am On Aug 31, 2015
stjudas:

I see the kind of pictures he sends to her. The way he talks on phone like a tout (no beefing). He's even been to jail and she still isnt sure of his crime.
maybe is all abt d money; is she an igbo girl? Igbos mk una no vex o, na jst wuestion

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by cyprus000: 1:42am On Aug 31, 2015
Samyj247:
maybe is all abt d money; is she an igbo girl? Igbos mk una no vex o, na jst wuestion
[size=13pt]
Why leave your brain behind before you login.
[/size]

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by LongPennis(m): 1:45am On Aug 31, 2015
Bros, you too dey worry yourself. Wait mek you witness the marriage first naa.

No be all these obodo oyibos Wey dey confuse our girls since time IMO river?

By the time he comes back, fucck am finish travel back, her eyes go clear.

Guyman just remembered how sweet the punny of his ex was come dey promise her heaven and earth just to get a second round and the gullible girl come dey fall for am.

Ode sorry "Odein" undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by cyprus000: 2:02am On Aug 31, 2015
Samyj247:
ok let me show u wat someone who forgot his brain does....................

[size=13pt]
Well,I aint surprize. I have seen were wool brain wooden-headed buffoon act, only that your idiocy suppass theirs with a high margin.

I advice you seek mental assylum..Asap.
[/size]

13 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Samyj247: 2:29am On Aug 31, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
Well,I aint surprized. I have seen were wool brain wooden-headed buffoon act, only that your idiocy suppass theirs with a high margin.

I advice you seek mental assylum..Asap.
[/size]
. Wao so u dont even hv a working brain too. Hmm common 'where' u cannot spell... And again take not of ur word Asap, the right way to spell it is A sap. See ur head like Opioro mango. ODE

2 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Eureka123(f): 5:27am On Aug 31, 2015
I'm about to punch someone in the face! What a way to book space! angry grin
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 31, 2015
Op you get time, just let it be, I'd rather let her make her decision and find out I was right, then for her not to because I would be bothered about being wrong. I hate being wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by cyprus000: 7:31am On Aug 31, 2015
Samyj247:
. Wao so u dont even hv a working brain too. Hmm common 'where' u cannot spell... And again take not of ur word Asap, the right way to spell it is A sap. See ur head like Opioro mango. ODE
[size=13pt]
Lol..grin very funny _idiot. This just proved my assertion about your daftness...*spits*

If you aren't an ineffable sybaritic m0r0n and a cesspool of sub human filth
You would be able to deduce when a person type in abbreviation
But being a pyscho/sapiopath that you are, All your brain could sum up is shitt.

for the fact that a vapid scum lyk u, is allowed to roam and even have access to cyber space, means that we don't have "animal control" system in this country or dey are not competent for the job.

Wat a brainscooped lummox.

**pity your existance**

[/size]

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by damiloladuke: 9:39am On Aug 31, 2015
am married to the wrong contry, please advice

YOU NEED MORE MONEY? CHECK MY SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by fergus0n: 9:39am On Aug 31, 2015
Dnt even read it lemme book my space

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by esmarcq(m): 9:40am On Aug 31, 2015
My brother be no judge please, let her decide for herself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Romance Section Super Couple Game!!!!!!!! / Guy Surprises His Girlfriend With Plantain As Valentine Gift / Measuring Your Di*k Size: Are You Really Above The Average?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.