Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,116 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. (34440 Views)

Nigerian Lady Shares Screenshot Of The DM She's Getting From A Married Man / 10 Signs To Know You Are Dating The Wrong Person / She's Getting Me Confused...."help Out Pls" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 31, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 31, 2015
Pls how do I disable safety mode on youtube?? (Blackberry)
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by TheNextAce: 9:41am On Aug 31, 2015
She will marry him eventually
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 31, 2015
Hey? Join Sunchat Forum today to start chatting with family,friends and meeting new people online! Goto www.sunchat.cf and register! Registration won't take more than 30Seconds of your time and you stand a chance of meeting new people wordlwidely, reading stories, jokes, news, sport news directly to your phone, or sharing files like pictures, movie and many more! If you are a writer who want to make his works worldwide,musician who want to promote their music, website owner for adverts, or you are looking for online advise on marriage, relationship issue, business etc, or you want to request for lyrics, or you want to design a picture with your name or anything for free, OR, you want to get love-connected, then what are you waiting for , hurry,go to www.sunchat.cf today! All these features are free! When you get there, add me with Mara.
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Justicealh3(m): 9:41am On Aug 31, 2015
Searching...
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by sdindan: 9:42am On Aug 31, 2015
Allow the girl to marry who ever she likes
Focus on how to make it in life.

6 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by eunisam: 9:42am On Aug 31, 2015
hmmm story for the gods
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by HomoSapiien: 9:43am On Aug 31, 2015
stjudas:

Thank you for the advice...I dont want to get involved in the decision making but I still want her to make the right decision. Na why I bring my matta here.
Not your matter but her matter. Why is her matter giving you sleepless night? Afterall its her life not yours undecided

1 Like

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 31, 2015
ladyF:
shocked she needs wisdom....
you forgot your sig...

2 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by blazetitov: 9:45am On Aug 31, 2015
Leave her to her fate and wish her all the best.
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by morereb10: 9:45am On Aug 31, 2015
aaaaaaa
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by greenguy: 9:46am On Aug 31, 2015
What makes you the right guy? ....and who says the guy doesn't love her more? ....and what have you to offer her?

1 Like

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by tellwisdom: 9:46am On Aug 31, 2015
Na small pikin dey worry all of una undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 31, 2015
Hey? Join Sunchat Forum today to start chatting with family,friends and meeting new people online! Goto http://sunchat.jcink.net and register! Registration won't take more than 30Seconds of your time and you stand a chance of meeting new people wordlwidely, reading stories, jokes, news, sport news directly to your phone, or sharing files like pictures, movie and many more! If you are a writer who want to make his works worldwide,musician who want to promote their music, website owner for adverts, or you are looking for online advise on marriage, relationship issue, business etc, or you want to request for lyrics, or you want to design a picture with your name or anything for free, OR, you want to get love-connected, then what are you waiting for , hurry,go to www.sunchat.jcink.net today! All these features are free! When you get there, add me with Mara.
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Felixitie(m): 9:47am On Aug 31, 2015
NLANDERS, jollificate with me. Today is my birthday,,give me just 100 likes.cheers

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Mynd44: 9:47am On Aug 31, 2015
There isn't much you can do really. Just advice her, hope (and pray) she takes the right decision and be a good friend/human being enough to respect her wishes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 31, 2015
OP, was she with u simply cos no oda guy had pop d damn questn?

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by missmary(f): 9:48am On Aug 31, 2015
I think i just fell in Love with Op... cry
Seems like you truly love her... Let her do her will but with this i think she should be reconsidering

2 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Jeromejnr(m): 9:49am On Aug 31, 2015
blazetitov:
Leave her to her faith and wish her all the best.

Its fate not faith.
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by muhammed10: 9:49am On Aug 31, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
Lol..grin very funny _idiot. This just proved my assertion about your daftness...*spits*
If you aren't an ineffable corpulent microphallus and a cesspool of sub human filth.
You would be able to deduce when a person type in abbreviation
. But being a pyscho/sapiopath you are. All your brain could sum up is shitt.
for the fact that an infinitesimal vapid scum lyk u, is allowed to roam and even have access to cyber space, means that we don't have "animal control" system in this country or dey are not competent for the job.
Wat a brainscooped lummox.
**pity your existance**
[/size]
so we have people that can blow big big grammer in this country, yet Nigeria is moving backward ..nawohh just saying .oohh

2 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by netguru1990: 9:50am On Aug 31, 2015
embarassed

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Poliporpor(m): 9:50am On Aug 31, 2015
Place mind Ur business. Let her make her mistakes. Focus on Ur own
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by missmary(f): 9:51am On Aug 31, 2015
cry
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by menix(m): 9:53am On Aug 31, 2015
Hmm..
This OP can hoard enjoyment oo..

Y think u re d rite guy, labeling d other guy bad, jst to keep eating Kpomo.

Free the girl joor, all this girls Luving guyz that travel even if nah Chad u go..
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Jeromejnr(m): 9:53am On Aug 31, 2015
missmary:
I think i just fell in Love with Op.. cry.. Seems like you truly love her... Let her do her will but with this i think she should be reconsidering..

You've told us this twice now. Seems you want the OP to propose to you. cool

1 Like

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 31, 2015
stjudas:
Good day people. I am a Corps member of 2015 batch A. I have a girlfriend in her third year in school. Sincerely, I love her but she's hell bent on getting married. I am far from ready and there is this guy she dated few years back for few months before he traveled to India. This guy is really disturbing my girl, promising to marry her as soon as he returns to Nigeria next month. In fact, Dec. 30 has been scheduled for Introduction. Now my problem isn't her leaving me, but for the wrong person. I suspect he's a very bad guy and would make her cry. I tried convincing her to wait for better man even if it wasn't going to be me that all I cared about was her happiness. So, fellow Nairalanders how do I convince her and what way is best to go about this? Below is a message I sent her on Facebook and all she replied was "thank you," and soon she called me and started crying. I inquired why she was crying but she said she doesn't know and hung up. Pls, no insults. Don't tell me I should be thinking of how to get a job or start a small business 'cause it's all in my plans. Your contributions will be appreciated. Thanks.
JUST BEFORE DECEMBER 30.

Bury this little piece in your heart, I took my time to write it for you. It's no cynicism so don't get it twisted. Marriage is a lifetime commitment; once you're in, you're in. Don't ignore the warning signals, it could be very fatal.

1. COURT HIM AGAIN: Don't assume he's the cool guy you use to know. Try courting him for 8 to 12 months before you tie the knot. Remember, he's been outside the country, gathered a handful of experiences and the resultant of this experiences will greatly determine his new personality, either for better or for worse. Ignoring or failing to take this one step is worst of all things you would ever do.

2. BE SURE OF WHAT HE DOES:
Go beyond your emotions and look with your mind's eyes. Can you trust what he tells you he does for a living? Have you sought an answer to these questions: How does he send his goods to Nigeria? Who receives the bales of clothes he sends in and who sells them and how does he get his money back? Through PayPal, Western Money Union Transfer or what? Investigate to be sure it's true.
When he's not sending clothes to Nigeria what does he do? Does he have a part-time job or own a business in India? If a part-time time job, what's the name of the company he works for and what position does he occupy. What are his job functions? If he owns a business, what kind.
Ask him how much he makes and see if it's in coherence with how much you think he's worth. Ask him these question and many more you can think of in quick succession, with that aura of intelligence of one who works with the FBI. Don't give him a chance to think! Just quickly throw the questions at him.
Observe if he's nervous or cool when giving answers. Compare all the information he provides with your previous knowledge of him and make your judgement. Trust your intuition!

3. PROMISES MAY NEVER BE FULFILLED:
Yes, he promised to make you Manager of his current business so he could move into importation of automobile spare parts. Be sure he will do this. Never you assume or just believe, it's not the Gospel after all. Compel him (though you do not have the right to) to start, maybe, a smaller business for you. If he cheerfully does, it could be an indicator that he will do bigger things. Do you still remember what the Bible says: He that is faithful in little is faithful in much.

4. DISCUSS THE MARGINS:
You are a woman, I believe, with dreams and goals. A savvy young girl poised for greatness, whose primary function as a wife is not to mop the floor, wash dishes, cook good foods and make babies. You've got a career life and a margin should be drawn between it and your marital life. I also believe you got goals to accomplish before you turn 30. Ask him how he intends to help you achieve those goals.

5. NEVER GIVE IN TO PRESSURE:
I understand the pressure by the African society on her girl child in getting married. It isn't your last chance, Baby. You are beautiful, intelligent and people tend to like you. You know this. I remember you once told me, "I no be bad market." Appreciate yourself and never take that step except you are sure you want to. The future holds a lot.

6. YOUR DAD, YOUR COUNSELOR:
I have not had the opportunity to meet with any of your parents, but somehow from what I have learned, dad is shrewder than mum (I'm not a diviner. It's just an opinion. I could be wrong). Discuss your man with him expressing the fears and confidence you have in him (your man), I'm sure he (dad) will have something very useful to tell you. Never ignore his advice.

7. AFTER THE WEDDING:
Don't get married to a ghost who will leave you for another woman in an unknown country for years in the guise of searching for endless business opportunities. I know of a victim, my mum’s best friend, then. She got married to a man, a US Naval Officer, in Owerri, in December 2001. The wedding was the talk of town as cash was lavished. The young man traveled back to the States early February 2002 promising her to come see her once in a while. The lady pleaded to go with him but he insisted that it won't be necessary as he plans to return home and start up a new life with her soon. He traveled back and that's all the lady and my mum saw of him. You think he could be dead? NO! He was seen shopping in Las Vegas in early 2013 by one of the friends of the lady who attended the wedding and had traveled to the city.

8. THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT:
I don't have anything much to say here. It is your life, your decision. Always be true to yourself and your findings about him. Remember to trust your judgement. Your decision is ultimate.

Consider the eight points critically before December 30. I wish you the best marriage can offer. I love you. Have a nice day.
YOU KNOW SAY YOU MUMU BY angry

HOW YOU TAKE KNOW SAY NA WRONG PERSON SHE WON MARRY AND HOW YOU COME KNOW SAY YOU BE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR HERundecided

I KEEP ON TELLING PEOPLE, DON'T USE YOUR HEART TO LOVE BUT RATHER YOUR BRAIN.

LEAVE THAT WOMAN AND GO AND CHASE MUCH YOUNGER GIRLS.

I GUESS SHE MOST HAVE REACH THE THE AGE OF 27-30 THAT IS WHY MARRIAGE IS IN HER HEAD.

BIKO undecided LEAVE HER ALONE. FORGET LOVE OR RATHER FOLLOW DIFFERENT WOMEN AND SEE THE JOY BEHIND IT

5 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Roseey0(f): 9:54am On Aug 31, 2015
Leave her alone. Experience is the best teacher. You could be wrong too and maybe she's already carrying his child, MAYBE
Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 31, 2015
Let her go bro, u will definitely have problems with her when things are tough on you and she will sleep around with big men when u marry her, if she's hell bent then u too should be heaven bent abegi, women with their wahala,

2 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by dedugbaa(m): 9:54am On Aug 31, 2015
What is the financial status of her parents?

1 Like

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by adorable29(f): 9:54am On Aug 31, 2015
Omo, you be correct guy....

Convince her to wait for you!

But if she doesn't....

*In Celine Dion's voice* I (adorable) will be waiting for you here inside my heart......

Hehehe

1 Like

stjudas:
I just called her again and she's still crying. She said there are a lot of things she has to tell me but it will be tomorrow. "Why not now?" I asked. She said she doesn't want to cry the more that I should just hang up until she sorts herself out.

I just hope I've not influenced her in anyway.
Were u not working to persuade her against it? Why the last statement?

6 Likes

Re: She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 31, 2015
stjudas, Cyprus000 is right, stop trying to "Jesus" over here. Nature is a fvcking biatch you know. I know you still love the girl, I know that feeling but dude, just let the girl be. You wouldn't like twist that may be looming you know. She wants to get married?? Let her marry!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend / How Did You Meet Your Current Spouse or Partner? / The Chop And Clean Mouth Syndrome.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.