Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers (31958 Views)

Aisha Buhari Replies Shehu Sani As He Likens Nigeria To Animal Kingdom / Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election / Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by here: 1:01am On Aug 31, 2015
DonXavi:
Is like buhari dont understand english here!! I read what the former Ministers told buhari but from his response it seems he needs a translator, they never asked him to stop his anti corruption war, they even back him, but warned him to stop unnecessary insult and attack on ex president Jonathan, and they even promised to be ready for probe but that he should treat everybody equally.
My dear I read this reply and and like wow,thats early.
It happens to every Nigerian leader mostly around 2nd year in office,every Nigerian becomes his enemy.His advisors have finally caged him and shut him out.He thinks he in auto drive but doesnt know jack only to wakeup around end of 3rd year.Its what killed all their sound start.
Then I asked even if Shehu didnt read the press statement,how about the 15 advisors? There is a reason every law student admitted passes LSAT and lnat,logic component is vital.Even if these ex officials ever called against corruption war(which would have ended any career they ever dreamed of),how can the office of Mr.President sound this low in less than 6months in office?
I doubt if this statement came from them,sincerely and I will really like these spokes persons to have a medium of releasing statements like the state house site so things don't spread falsely.

1 Like

Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by ndcide(m): 1:21am On Aug 31, 2015
The responses so far here is what the ministers are talking about. You just label everyone as corrupt and insults them. What the heck.

This regime have bastardized the word corruption. Trust their cheerleaders to go on with it. At this rate when they would have finally failed woefully they'll blame the corruption of the last administration.

So shameful.
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by notoriousbabe: 2:39am On Aug 31, 2015
DonXavi:
the country’s latest “trade union formation, the Association of Ex-Jonathan Ministers
“Let this collection of ex-VIPs allow the President the peace he needs to handle the reconstruction of the economy and the nation in a manner that most serves Nigeria’s best interests.
“President Buhari does not need these types of distraction presented by the so-called association of former ministers”.
omo see upper cut
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by cococandy(f): 3:10am On Aug 31, 2015
lurther:
Buhari start working for Nigeria. Was corruption the only campaign promise to Nigerians.

SMH! Everyday, what is emanating from the presidency and APC is corruption this, corruption that. Enough of this rubbish... jail the corrupt ones and start looking at other sectors.

Buhar-! What is your Eduction policy?
Buhari! What is you health policy?
Buhari! What is your foreign policy?
Buhari! Apart from taking the nigerian arny unit to borni, what is your security policy?
Buhari! What is your agicultural policy?
Buhari! What is your economy policy?

This APC and it president keep on shouting corruption since 3months this guy was sworn in. Nothing else to show for how and where this government is headed.

Unfortunately, APC supporters will attack me meaninglessly.

Every thing that emanates from the presidency is corruption talks, nothing else to talk about in this government?
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by Nobody: 3:29am On Aug 31, 2015
Yea, your promised public declaration of assets is also non-negotiable
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by adekzy: 3:46am On Aug 31, 2015
Corruption on the offensive, It has suddenly found a voice and is gearing for a fight...Ex-ministers of stealing+corruption!
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by Icecomrade: 4:03am On Aug 31, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Shut up And Watch Him Rebuild The Car Your Ogorogo Drinker Of An Ex President Destroyed!

Beautiful picture you ve got.

Don't you think the second picture is a misrepresentation of the true state of affairs.

I think PMB is still staring at the damaged car even as he approaches 100days in office.

All I see him doing presently is squat near the car and screaming" See how they stole the money that would have been used to maintain this car" All those responsible will not go unpunished"

1 Like

Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by vimo3: 4:38am On Aug 31, 2015
I am an APC supporter but I am getting very concerned about the presidents tendency for jungle justice which is what making baseless accusations lead to. If the APC has evidence, they should charge the former ministers to court. Else quit tarnishing their reputations with sensational accusations.

I am also not happy with the incoherent press releases from Mr Presidents media team. What the hell is the above disjointed release about? This was also how Garba Shehu's article on PMB's 100 days read incoherently .

It seems it is the Lagos APC folks who know their onions where media is concerned.
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:01am On Aug 31, 2015
nationwide1:
It now seems the mouth action slogan for this government is true.

Everyone is supporting the fight against corruption but don't leave out Tinubu, Kwankwazo, Fashola, Atiku, Obasanjo, Fayemi, Aregbesola, Amaechi. Empirical evidences are there.
If they violated Federal law then the Federal Govt will prosecute them, but if they committed the offense in their state then the responsibility of upholding the law now becomes that of their respective state Governments.

Why is that so hard for you guys to understand?
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by Slim101(m): 5:18am On Aug 31, 2015
lurther:

Buhari! Apart from taking the nigerian arny unit to borni, what is your security policy?

Every thing that emanates from the presidency is corruption talks, nothing else to talk about in this government?

What u people on the other side of the fence fail to realize is that when corruption is tackled, over 50% of policies you listed is already handled.
You don't expect someone hired to reconstruct a building that had been defective from foundation to just plaster it, paint it & continue building on d defects. U might have to bring parts of it down.
A Yoruba adage says 'you don't ignore leprosy on a patient while treating his eczema'
Let Baba do his work as he deems fit.
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by noblegrex: 5:24am On Aug 31, 2015
Straight away,if only they'll go n hug it but the looted money will not allow them.PMB on said he's going to fight corruption,he didn't mention names so what's their problem if they're sure they're not corrupt or thieves.its very simple.
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 5:42am On Aug 31, 2015
Something I have noticed about this administration is that when ever they carry out their silly act, they cover it up with anti-corruption war. Though dullard can not read so he thinks the ministers wants him to stop his biased corruption war.
One thing I really want is for buhari to step on the toes of the NDelta ppl. That's what can trigger the war in this country.
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by persius555(m): 5:54am On Aug 31, 2015
DonXavi:
Is like buhari dont understand english here!! I read what the former Ministers told buhari but from his response it seems he needs a translator, they never asked him to stop his anti corruption war, they even back him, but warned him to stop unnecessary insult and attack on ex president Jonathan, and they even promised to be ready for probe but that he should treat everybody equally.
Please spare us all these he doesnt understand english bla bla bla. Please give us links to statements directly made by the president or his spokesperson where GEJ was public insulted. Most of what you call insults is a denial of the gross abuse of office by the last administration. And come to think of it, must former ministers tag along like ''pack of wolves who have been chased away from their carcass delicacy'' just to register their displeasure on bahalf of GEJ, the same way orubebe tried disrupting the last general election result. If their hands are clean as they claim, GEJ should be allowed todefend himself. For all i percieve, GEJ might have little knowledge of the magnitude of corruption and embezzlement that was going on while he was in office. Please...
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by Pyroxene: 5:59am On Aug 31, 2015
lurther:
Buhari start working for Nigeria. Was corruption the only campaign promise to Nigerians.

SMH! Everyday, what is emanating from the presidency and APC is corruption this, corruption that. Enough of this rubbish... jail the corrupt ones and start looking at other sectors.

You sound intelligent. I hardly comment until I see intelligent post. However don't u think corruption is worth fighting considering the fact that it has plagued this country in an unbelievable quantity. I believe if corruption is handled properly ie to the barest minimum, the country will be better for it. And anybody coming into his cabinet will be sure to face the same music. In my own opinion, Nigeria has suffered a lot of set back because no body has cared to look @ the scourge of corruption wholistically. If his strategy is to take down the plague that has plagued every sector then let him do what he thinks is his best way to rule. After all he is the GCFR... And I think most people asking him to work want to distract him so his tenure ends in a vicious cycle as it has always being so they can boldly say he is not different. This is my humble logomaki and this logomaki I give without prejudice or lokwapartia
This APC and it president keep on shouting corruption since 3months this guy was sworn in. Nothing else to show for how and where this government is headed.

Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by Pyroxene: 6:03am On Aug 31, 2015
lurther:

You sound intelligent. I hardly comment until I see intelligent post. However don't u think corruption is worth fighting considering the fact that it has plagued this country in an unbelievable quantity. I believe if corruption is handled properly ie to the barest minimum, the country will be better for it. And anybody coming into his cabinet will be sure to face the same music. In my own opinion, Nigeria has suffered a lot of set back because no body has cared to look @ the scourge of corruption wholistically. If his strategy is to take down the plague that has plagued every sector then let him do what he thinks is his best way to rule. After all he is the GCFR... And I think most people asking him to work want to distract him so his tenure ends in a vicious cycle as it has always being so they can boldly say he is not different. This is my humble logomaki and this logomaki I give without prejudice or lokwapartia
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by governoragweven: 6:17am On Aug 31, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
If they violated Federal law then the Federal Govt will prosecute them, but if they committed the offense in their state then the responsibility of upholding the law now becomes that of their respective state Governments.

i fink its u dat lack understanding here. Nobody is talking abt state or federal or even local govt here: or state nd local govt money is not still our money? so what are u saying? we are talking abt CORRUPTION irrespective of the arm of govt. these men(tinubu, kwankwosao, amachi, Atiku, OBj etc) who were they before democracy? now they are billionaires how come!? and they are walking freely and even hav the gods to say others are corrupt. they all stole our money both Jonathan, his ministers and the above mentioned names too. period!!!!
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by permanentgrace(m): 6:26am On Aug 31, 2015
All bark no bite! Talk corruption this, talk corruption that...yet no action.

Just incase he has forgotten other areas, pls kindly remind him that myself and other millions of Nigerian youths are unemployed and we need jobs. He should focus on job creation and give us job i beg.
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by chichriso: 6:39am On Aug 31, 2015
Buhari is making a lot of noise and that is not good for his government

TO BOOST YOUR BLOG TRAFFIC, CLICK MY SIGNATURES TO ADD YOUR BLOG LINK/URL

Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by Afroconnect: 6:49am On Aug 31, 2015
dukecharles:

If the are corrupt, let ur Sai baba investigate, probe, and prosecute them not making noise...
What is this fuzz about past administration was corrupt? Because oil market is in a mess, APC is not seeing the kind of money the expected.
When NOI and GEJ was having sleepless night trying to profer solution to our problems, likes of Amaechi, Tinubu and other APC guys where busy abusing them with propaganda and corruption gimmicks . Now the ball is on their court. We are watching. Very soon, this there probe and corruption noise won't make news to Nigerians.
Either you are part of those who benefitted from the stealiing of Goodluck and crew or you are a pathetic idiot-supporting thieves that want to ruin yoour country.
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by paooxide(m): 7:01am On Aug 31, 2015
lurther:

Must he start policies before he can rule effectively, lets assume he starts one, wouldn't you call him a dictator. The man is taking his time doing it your way (probing, charging to court and setting up panel of investigations) and you are still complaining.
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by Joevics(m): 7:05am On Aug 31, 2015
MakeMoves:

It's a strategic move. What competence exists within our judiciary arm to effect the war against corruption we all seek.

so u think its nice branding everyone as corrupt, i thought it is only a law court which can determine who is guilty and who isn't, every citizen of this gr8 country wants to see corrupt politicians been brought to book, not telling us how corrupt they are on newspapers.

1 Like

Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 31, 2015
Buhari simply doesn't know how to rule. He has no idea of what he his doing. Just using the corruption gimmicks because he sees it has the easiest way to rule and maintain power. SMH
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by Poliporpor(m): 7:23am On Aug 31, 2015
Buhari don't use GEJ to shine. Do something that the average Nigerians can see n enjoy
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by nationwide1(m): 7:25am On Aug 31, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

Check very well because it is rather you that don't understand.

1. Did James Ibori's crime an offence against the federal law? But he was prosecuted at the federal level even though the rotten judiciary let him off the hook until the British did the needful.

2. Was Atiku's crime against Adamawa State government having served as a custom officer and VP? He subsequently built a world class university that his salary / allowances / bonuses of 50 years cannot afford.

3. Was Obasanjo’s crime against his state government when he invited billionaires for launching national library where billions of Naira were donated and Obasanjo built the library and converted it to personal property? Is it the 16 billion dollars NEPA rehabilitation scam? Is it the Otta Farm that was launched as Federal government project in 1978 and Obasanjo converted it to personal property after leaving office in 1979?

4. Is it Tinubu's own that is against state government for lying under oath that he attended one Lincoln University when he never did?

5. Or my humble looking Dr Fayemi? People think Fayose is rude but look at the way he has graciously left Fayemi with all the inflated contracts sum.

Were Lamido's crimes not against Jigawa State? Was he not prosecuted by the federal government? Was Nyarko's crime not against Adamawa State? Was he not prosecuted by the federal government? Whether it is state or federal, as long as the prosecution does not breach the Nigerian constitution, the person can be prosecuted by federal or state.

Don't always say what you don't know simply because you're supporting any politician. It only makes you emotional and illogical.

1 Like

Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by governoragweven: 7:45am On Aug 31, 2015
nationwide1:

Check very well because it is rather you that don't understand.

1. Did James Ibori's crime an offence against the federal law? But he was prosecuted at the federal level even though the rotten judiciary let him off the hook until the British did the needful.

2. Was Atiku's crime against Adamawa State government having saved as a custom officer and VP? He subsequently built a world class university that his salary / allowances / bonuses of 50 years cannot afford.

3. Was Obasanjo’s crime against his state government when he invited billionaires for launching national library where billions of Naira were donated and Obasanjo built the library and converted it to personal property? Is it the 16 billion dollars NEPA rehabilitation scam? Is it the Otta Farm that was launched as Federal government project in 1978 and Obasanjo converted it to personal property after leaving office in 1979?

4. Is it Tinubu's own that is against state government for lying under oath that he attended one Lincoln University when he never did?

5. Or my humble looking Dr Fayemi? People think Fayose is rude but look at the way he has graciously left Fayemi with all the inflated contracts sum.

Were Lamido's crimes not against Jigawa State? Was he not prosecuted by the federal government? Was Nyarko's crime not against Adamawa State? Was he not prosecuted by the federal government? Whether it is state or federal, as long as the prosecution does not breach the Nigerian constitution, the person can be prosecuted by federal or state.

Don't always say what you don't know simply because you're supporting any politician. It only makes you emotional and illogical.

u are on point bro. dont mind that Isk..Datroof guy dat is saying rubbish up there

1 Like

Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by frodobee: 7:48am On Aug 31, 2015
bashsani:
so state and federal assignment na the same
I have seen you. Go back to school.
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by Paschal55(m): 8:26am On Aug 31, 2015
"We (Bokoharam) are winning the war" - Buhari "I will defeat bokoharam in two weeks" - Buhari "Jonathan is hindering me from fulfilling my campaign promises" - Buhari
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by Pavarottii(m): 8:26am On Aug 31, 2015
lurther:

U will live long my brother; u and ur entire household will prosper IJN.
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by Paschal55(m): 8:28am On Aug 31, 2015
Please can someone remind this man of his campaign promisesBuhari just Killed Another 68 souls... I weep for the name"NIGERIA #
Re: Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers by Iyoma2(f): 8:30am On Aug 31, 2015
Buhari and his followers are the Biggest silent thieves in Nigeria. That is why they are shouting Probe, jail everyday so people can see them as saints. The devil we know is better than the saint we dont know. If Buhari has never stolen a kobo from government money then he should go ahead with his probe. How much pampers has he used since may 29th? Is it included in Nigeria's budget? Damn Buhari n his fake change team. They have suddenly turn Change to probe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bloody Clash Between Fayose And Olujimi Supporters In Ekiti State / More Pictures From Peter Obi's Campaign At Ladipo Market / Igbos In Lagos Pledge Allegiance To Gani Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.