Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Which Artistes Are Overrated? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Artistes Are Overrated? (7073 Views)

Caller Tunes Scam...how Upcoming Artistes Are Getting Ripped Off Their Cash / Why Ibadan Artistes Are Not Making It Big — Teazer / List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by eldee(m): 2:48am On Apr 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Most likely not though he has made it clear that he doesnt care about the whining of the fairweather fans. He rather lose those who wnat him to stay on one track and i definitely agree with him.

I think he'll leav ethe vocoder thing alone or use it on like one or two tracks. IMO he should do more collaborations like Homecoming, it still tickles me that people think the song is about a girl grin
Homecoming?? Metaphorical masterpiece!!!
Creativity at it's very best.

chiogo:

LMFAO. . I believe the word I used was "unnecessary" not 'big'. .heck, I'm sure I use more big words than Kanye cheesy
Unnecessary as in they make no sense all in his bid to sound 'smart'. I tire for you oo Eldee. . .don't make me come back here. who get time for kanye? tongue

And sorry, you didn't prove anything. If Jay-z was 'below-par', maybe kanye infected him or he just didn't feel like wasting bars, his pocket is too full to be stressed, lmao. .i crack myself up. You're also trying to tell us Lil' wayne did better than jigga? haba! I'm sure you don't hate him that much. And pls, post kanye's full verse.
Reasons for Jay-Z Underpeforming on 'Swagger Like Us' Accordin to NL Jay-Z fans. grin
- It was his lyrics that were below-par, his delivery was on-point
- 'Maybe Kanye infected him with wackness'
- He's got too many lines in the pockets of his rocawear jeans, he's saving them for the future

So now if attitude is unecessary what should he use?? 'Ego'?? 'Pride'??
What's with you 'hiphop heads' and people that speak with the elaborated code in rap songs??

@A-40
Hov's lines wrong?? Jockin/Jacking/Checking: Chiogo/A-40/AZLyrics.com and you want to use that to escape
I laugh in Ondo-Yoruba grin
The New-era line is what?? Top-draw?? Why does Javalove come to mind here??

Abeg . . . it's half two here, I need to sleep
Do anything you like with 'My swagger's Mick Jagger' . . . see how hard you can crush it
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by iice(f): 6:08am On Apr 06, 2009
TOH grin I love his music, but he overrates himself.
His rhymes are sometimes wack grin Some of these artists sef. . .too bad i can't roll my eyes cheesy
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Bamsyle(m): 3:04pm On Apr 06, 2009
What's going on here?? . . .  grin

So much dust's been raised but lemme quickly address some of 'em:

@Toyosi20

What d'yamean 2pac is overrated I have a prob with peops who say this . . . I can tolerate you saying his whole gangsta life was blown outta proportion . . . but his music?? Nah, he was (and still is) the most hardworking et greatest rapper ever to have blessed the mic . . . if you take time off to listen well to his lyrics, you'll notice that this dude has a way of spittin' phrases/clauses with 2 (or even more) meanings - the surface meaning and the deeper one . . .

Mediocre??  shocked shocked Great snakes . . . you's gotta be reading the meaning of that word from a yranoitcid . . .

How many rappers, dead or alive, had/have as many hits as he had??
How many rappers, dead or alive, were/are as prolific as he was??
How many rappers, dead or alive, rapped/rap with so much passion??
How many rappers, dead or alive, made/make so much sense with their lyrics??
How many rappers, dead or alive, had/have as great a legacy as he did??

Forget about his death . . . I had critical love for him before he died . . .

Forget Biggie . . . the only thang that makes me rate him equal with Pac is the fact that when you look at the whole rap game, you'll rate all rappers under two broad categories . . . those reverred for what they say (lyrics) . . . and those reverred for how they say what they say (delivery) . . . Pac is in the former category . . . Biggie in the latter . . . if not for that, Pac's records woulda eclipse his fast . . . he wasn't as hardworking/prolific as Pac was . . .

And talkin' bout delivery, Pac's delivery wasn't bad . . . it's only when you compare it to Biggie's that you'll slightly tilt in favour of Biggie . . . Pac had no time for the sing-songs of rap . . . he rapped straight from his heart . . .

I'm tired of hearing this "Pac is overrated" anthem being sung by ignorant peops . . . quit following other peops' doctrines and follow your own convictions . . . you've heard too much of peops echoin' his "thug life"/"f**k the world" themes . . . take time out to listen to the non-beef, non-violence tracks from Pac . . . tracks like "Still I Rise", "Keep Ya Head Up", "So Many Tears", "My Block", "Changes", "Better Dayz", "Dear Mama", "Life Goes On", etc and tell me how an artiste with such songs can be overrated . . .

Pac ain't overrated . . . better to say he's mis[/i]rated . . . you just don't understand him . . . period . . . he spits simple words  . . . with hidden meanings . . .

I'm sure you think "Me and My Girlfriend" is actually dedicated to [i]a girlfriend
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Bamsyle(m): 3:41pm On Apr 06, 2009
@Eldee

Hmm . . . Biggie . . . wouldn't really agree he's overrated . . . I'm not sure peops rate him based on his albums . . . his career was too short-lived . . . so I can't say if he'd have sped up or fled off . . . it's about his overall artistry . . .

Before he died . . . and even after . . . I'm yet to see any MC with such an amazing delivery/flow . . . he elevated the rap game . . . took it to a new level with his delivery . . . and showed the world that rap is music . . . it can be sung.

What you said was food for thought though.

On the Kanye thingy, I don't believe his dumbing down's related to his momma's death . . . dude was on fire from the moment he burst on the scene with "Jesus Walks" . . . he's in limbo right now and I'm waiting for him to get his groove back . . . like Eminem . . . tongue

Ain't saying these guys ain't good . . . I mean - dudes like Kanye & Eminem, just that they lack one thang . . . Consistency . . . why do such amazing acts usually end up below par after like 2 albums

And in "Swagga Like Us", don't really know 'bout the lyrics but Jay's delivery was way better.
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2009
He's consistently creative and that's all that matters. Dude refuses to be caged by you people
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by iice(f): 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2009
Bam lol, don't blow a gasket tongue
I didn't even see the 2pac bit grin
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Bamsyle(m): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2009
@TOH

Creativity is like 4 points of Music . . .

He's creative no doubt . . . plus I like his swag and dress sense . . . I like showmanship . . . but not at the expense of skills . . . he's not hittin' hard with the music like his early days.

@iice

grin grin

Don't mind me . . .

How're you? Must be off for a sec, I'll be back shortly.
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:58pm On Apr 06, 2009
Bamsyle:

@TOH

Creativity is like 4 points of Music . . .

He's creative no doubt . . . plus I like his swag and dress sense . . . I like showmanship . . . but not at the expense of skills . . . he's not hittin' hard with the music like his early days.

To you he isnt wink He's fine with me grin
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by eldee(m): 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2009
@Bamsyle
Kanye is not consistent . . . nah, HE IMPROVES WITH EVERY EFFORT!!!
Does he know how to make a crap song?? C'mon
Diamonds From Sierra-Leone, Jesus Walks, We Major, Gold Digger, Homecoming, Stronger, Big Brova, Can't Tell Me Nothing . . . you can't call that consistency, you call that exponential growth in musical creativity.

Don't even let's go to the commercial aspect . . . you'll be shocked
This Way, Stronger, American Boy, Heartless, Wouldn't Get Far, Good Life . . . these are songs that cut across musical devices. Ipod must-haves, cuts through ethnicity, class and gender cheesy

And please don't call Love Lockdown and Amazing 'dumbing down' . . . call it 'diverting into a musical genre I'm not comfortable with'
Erm . . . he didn't do it cause of his mum?? How do you explain 'a lot of things have been happening in my life recently'??
You're waiting for him to get his grove back . . . listen to Go Hard, he has a message for you hiphop heads in the last bar.

Bout Biggie . . . it's not my fault that he had a shortlived career, but what I know is, he won't have been able to put out that level thrice
Illmatic is rated the best rap album of all time, maybe sumone should have shot Nas then too . . . how can you prove that it won't be Pac and Nas on our G.O.A.T lists
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Ibime(m): 4:38pm On Apr 06, 2009
I see Bamsyle is ejaculating over 2Pac again. The mans life story far overshadows his rap skills.

Kanye is also wack, no question about that.

I expect better from so-called emcees like Eldee and Bamsyle. Since when did emcees become rap journalists that they must tow the populist line, showering platitudes at every successful rapper.

When you ask most of the greats who they grew up listening to, they would tell you Kool G Rap, Rakim etc.

Anybody that grew up listening to 2Pac is a WACK rapper now. There is nothing you can learn from 2Pac lyrically. Just go and ask Master P, Lil Zane, Crazy etc who grew up listening to 2Pac. Similar thing for Kanye. I am sure the Soulja boy generation grew up listening to Kanye and the likes.

Yes, they are very good sonically, but there is nothing an up-and-coming rapper should be learning from them except how to write choruses and make beats.

Any good rapper of namadays should be looking more to Pun, Saigon, Jadakiss, Big L etc for inspiration, not Kanye or 2Pac.
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by eldee(m): 4:44pm On Apr 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

To you he isnt wink He's fine with me grin
Believe it or not, that's what 'hiphop heads' do, they confine you into this tiny space, tell you what to do
Then after three albums, they tell you you've lost it . . .

See artistes that came out banging like DMX, they've become where are they now stars cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Ibime(m): 4:49pm On Apr 06, 2009
eldee:

See artistes that came out banging like DMX, they've become where are they now stars cheesy cheesy

And Im sure guys like you and Bamsyle were singing his praises back then when real emcees thought he was wack.  tongue
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Sauron1: 4:57pm On Apr 06, 2009
eldee:

@Bamsyle
Kanye is not consistent . . . nah, HE IMPROVES WITH EVERY EFFORT!!!
Diamonds From Sierra-Leone, Jesus Walks, We Major, Gold Digger, Homecoming, Stronger, Big Brova, Can't Tell Me Nothing . . . you can't call that consistency, you call that exponential growth in musical creativity.

Kanye is wack abeg. . . . . . . How can you even put Kanye in the category of lyrical gods in the rap industry.
Cheese n Rice. . . . . .Kanye who?? He is a beneficiary of a sound production crew and top draw marketing.
If we concentrate on his lyrical skills, i am not sure he is better than 'The Game'
Kanye ma WHITE ASS.

His best work was 'College Dropout' with 'Jesus Walks', 'Two Words', 'Never Let Me Down(featuring Jay-Z).
'Late Registration' was a disaster. The rap album that finally convinced me that Hip Hop was dead.
It was majorly garbage. The only track worth listening to was 'Slow Down' and Diamonds(re-mix) featuring Jay-Z.

Graduation was overhyped. . . . . .I told 50 would eclipse that irritant in the long run and i have been vindicated.
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Ibime(m): 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

If we concentrate on his lyrical skills, i am not sure he is better than 'The Game'
Kanye ma WHITE ASS.

How can you even compare Kanye to Game lyrically? Kanye that Memphis Bleek, Oschino and Sparks were laughing at when he announced that he wanted to be a rapper  grin
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by platinumnk(f): 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Kanye is wack abeg. . . . . . . How can you even put Kanye in the category of lyrical gods in the rap industry.
Cheese n Rice. . . . . .Kanye who?? He is a beneficiary of a sound production crew and top draw marketing.
Kanye ma WHITE ASS.

His best work was 'College Dropout' with 'Jesus Walks', 'Two Words', 'Never Let Me Down(featuring Jay-Z).
'Late Registration' was a disaster. The rap album that finally convinced me that Hip Hop was dead.
It was majorly garbage. The only track worth listening to was 'Slow Down' and Diamonds(re-mix) featuring Jay-Z.

Graduation was overhyped. . . . . .I told 50 would eclipse that irritant in the long run and i have been vindicated.

U tripping his 808's album was the best album of 2008.
I played it repeatedly on my flight to lagos.
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:03pm On Apr 06, 2009
anye is not consistent . . . nah, HE IMPROVES WITH EVERY EFFORT!!!

Don't even let's go to the commercial aspect . . . you'll be shocked
This Way, Stronger, American Boy, Heartless, Wouldn't Get Far, Good Life . . . these are songs that cut across musical devices. Ipod must-haves, cuts through ethnicity, class and gender Cheesy

And please don't call Love Lockdown and Amazing 'dumbing down' . . . call it 'diverting into a musical genre I'm not comfortable with'

Exactly and TOTALLY AGREE with bolded. The fact that he doesnt bother to only cater to one type of fans is what I respect the most so the haters can keep whining but they cant stop Kanye's shining  grin

Rofl @ Big Pun
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Sauron1: 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2009
Ibime:

How can you even compare Kanye to Game lyrically? Kanye that Memphis Bleek, Oschino and Sparks were laughing at when he announced that he wanted to be a rapper  grin

U are crazy!!!! cheesy grin
Fucking Hell. . . . . .When he was telling his story on the last track of 'College Dropout', i was laughing me head off.
No one wanted him cos he was wack!!!! He was like 'I took Jesus Walk to some producers and they were like nah. . . .shit is too weak'
Kanye is all about showmanship and he appeals to the women a la T-pain.

Lyrically, he is inept.

platinumnk:

U tripping his 808's album was the best album of 2008.
I played it repeatedly on my flight to lagos.

'808'??
That was lyrically weak for me.
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by eldee(m): 5:33pm On Apr 06, 2009
How can you say Kanye is wack??
Erm . . . excuse me for not being narrow-minded . . .
I've told you guys before, if being a hiphop head means refusing artiste that can rap in plain anglais, then I no be emcee, abi na by force?? cheesy cheesy
I wonder why you'll expect me to ignore musical creativity to conform with what some thugs in NY want me to believe

Ibime:

How can you even compare Kanye to Game lyrically? [b]Kanye that Memphis Bleek, Oschino and Spark[/b]s were laughing at when he announced that he wanted to be a rapper grin
Whose laughing now?? grin grin
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 06, 2009
Kanye West
JayZ

Is Chris Brown a rapper? lipsrsealed
If so, then he's also overratted undecided
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Sauron1: 5:42pm On Apr 06, 2009
eldee:

How can you say Kanye is wack??
Erm . . . excuse me for not being narrow-minded . . .
I've told you guys before, if being a hiphop head means refusing artiste that can rap in plain anglais, then I no be emcee, abi na by force?? cheesy cheesy
I wonder why you'll expect me to ignore musical creativity to conform with what some thugs in NY want me to believe

No one is being narrow-minded here. . . . . .We are just comparing the quality of music in the mid-90s to the garbage we have today.
I cannot remember the last time i watched MTV Base or KISS. . . . .The overall message content is irritatingly watery these days.
Rappers are more concerned about the commercial success than staying on point and delivering top draw poetry.
Kanye is a big clown!!! He won't make the top 20 rappers of all time.

They are still laughing at Kanye. grin grin
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Pacman100: 5:43pm On Apr 06, 2009
Leona Lewiis
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:48pm On Apr 06, 2009
eldee:

Lol abeg whatever. It's the same ol' predictable nonsense. People see someone getting love, the wannabes jump together and try to be "different/unique/devil's advocate" and say the person sucks especially when he doesnt fit the criteria they are trying to fit him in.

Same ol' shit. Nothing new.
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:13pm On Apr 06, 2009
Ibime:

I see Bamsyle is ejaculating over 2Pac again. The mans life story far overshadows his rap skills.

I see that, LOL!!, cheesy cheesy cheesy why am I not surprised, I’ve stumbled across his epistles, and it was such a bore reading them, this too is no exception,

THIS IS MA OPINION, FROM MA OBOBSERVATION He is and will remain the most overrated artist that ever roamed the surface of the earth!!

I discovered, that towards the latter part of his career tu pac became death row's puppet,

always going on about how his so called legacy would live on, after his death and die hard sales execs. Saw this as an opportunity to milk his

Carreer, Unlike the gospel true he spat in songs like 'Brenda's got a baby' or 'part time mutha',

but then he  essentially forgot all about true hip hop when he went out west, which is what happens when rappers get all comercial!!!!!

Common and the Roots are still it for me today, they were on top then and they still are today!!

Yeah people listened to his  music when he was alive, but his violent death magnified weight of his words, since it proved that he was the real deal.

It appealed to urban people who deal with violence all the time and to suburban kids who like to think they deal with violence all the time,

that’s the whole thug life ish I speak of. . . . .  . .He was a far better actor than he was a musician i actually did like Juice!!! grin grin cheesy

And as far as u saying I think his me and my Girlfriend song was actually dedicated to a girlfriend,

to that I say it really would have meant something if it actually did, just listen to it again,

and Jay’s rendition was miles better, heck Toni’s was far better!!
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 06, 2009
TOYOSI, na war?

hehhe grin grin
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Sauron1: 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2009
TOYOSI20:

I see that, LOL!!, cheesy cheesy cheesy why am I not surprised, I’ve stumble across his epistles, and it was such a bore reading them, this too is no exception,

THIS IS MA OPINION, FROM MA OBOBSERVATION He is and will remain the most ovoverrated artist that ever roamed the surface of the earth!!

I discovered, that towards the latter part of his career tu pac became death row's puppet,

always going on about how his so called legacy would live on, after his death and die hard sales execs. Saw this as an opportunity to milk his

Carreer, Unlike the gospel true he spat in songs like 'Brenda's got a baby' or 'part time mutha',

but then he  essentially forgot all about true hip hop when he went out west, which is what happens when rappers get all comercial!!!!!

Common and the Roots are still it for me today, they were on top then and they still are today!!

Yeah people listened to his  music when he was alive, but his violent death magnified weight of his words, since it proved that he was the real deal.

It appealed to urban people who deal with violence all the time and to suburban kids who like to think they deal with violence all the time,

that’s the whole thug life ish I speak of. . . . .  . .He was a far better actor than he was a musician i actually did like Juice!!! grin grin cheesy

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

And as far as u saying I think his me and my Girlfriend song was actually dedicated to a girlfriend,
to that I say it really would have meant something if it actually did, just listen to it again,

He was talking about his gun!!!
Although, he borrowed the concept from Biggie's 'me and ma bitch'.
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Bamsyle(m): 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2009
@Eldee/TOH

First off, I ain't proving hip hop head here . . . and there's hardly any genre of music I don't know about - even if Rap's like 90% of the time . . . so don't gimme that "he's doing music I ain't comfortable with" stuff . . . I know what I'm talkin' about . . . Kanye is not wack . . . that's like saying Eminem is wack . . . but he has dumbed down . . . I've never been into his lyrics . . . but I love his spirit, his delivery, his style, his wordplay . . . plus he's a great performer and he's creative . . . but the tempo has fallen . . . I don't dig his "808s and Heartbreak" - the auto-tune thingy ain't doing it for me . . . and still I ain't preaching no hip hop head sermon . . .

I can't place me hands on it . . . but I sure know sumn is wrong somewhere . . . he's a great guy . . . maybe it's his affairs with strange bedfellows like T-Pain . . . sumn is happening to the dude and time will tell. And hey, talking 'bout being overrated, dude does have an attitude . . . what with his comments on the Grammy Awards and MTV Europe Music Awards in 06? undecided I ain't a hater though . . .

And c'mon Eldee, take back that that ish on DMX, his arrest record marred things . . . and even if he retires 2moro, he's had enough hits to last a lifetime.

Biggie?? Don't be quick to conclude on that . . . "Life After Death" was a classic by all standards.

@Ibime

You must put your ringworm-infested mouth into this, musn't you??

Jeez, the fact that someone tows a popular consensus means shyte to what we're talkin' about here . . . if I join everyone to agree that Obama is the first black American President, does that make me foolish Rather, the fool here would be a gherkin like Ibime who would say that it's Jimmy Carter . . . just to gain attention . . . and prove to the world that he knows more than everyone else . . .

You know nutin about 'Pac . . . so shush . . . matter-of-fact, I'm no longer surprised at your 15-min career as a netcee . . . your inspiration obviously came from rappers like Bizarre, Masta P, Soulja Boy et al . . . hence your short-lived career . . . one song from 2pac would revive your dead dreams . . .  grin

Lyrics You think it's all about wordplay, punchlines, metas and complex jargons that so-called lyricists spit You mention Jadakiss as a lyricist to learn from?? Big Pun?? . . . Big L?? For lyrics?? Or you mean punchlines??

Nucca, check well . . . you musta lost 2 nuts up there.
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2009
dude comparing Eminem's "dumbing down" to Kanye's new path is insulting and unnecessary.

Encore was Eminem's lowest point and that's cos it was so bloody juvenile and just plain terrible and waste of good beats. Comparing that Kanye's sheer change of direction for the moment is just malicious.
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Bamsyle(m): 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2009
TOYOSI20:

I see that, LOL!!, cheesy cheesy cheesy why am I not surprised, I’ve stumble across his epistles, and it was such a bore reading them, this too is no exception,

Tut Tut . . . "can you speak Englis" ma . . . and about epistles, why not skip 'em instead of reading 'em

THIS IS MA OPINION, FROM MA OBOBSERVATION He is and will remain the most ovoverrated artist that ever roamed the surface of the earth!!

but then he  essentially forgot all about true hip hop when he went out west, which is what happens when rappers get all comercial!!!!!

Yeah people listened to his  music when he was alive, but his violent death magnified weight of his words, since it proved that he was the real deal.

that’s the whole thug life ish I speak of. . . . .  . .He was a far better actor than he was a musician i actually did like Juice!!! grin grin cheesy

You're a lost kid in need of direction . . .

Whether you admit it or not, his legacy lives on . . . he's the most influential rapper ever . . . his themes and lyrics are being under-studied in renowned universities . . . his themes and style recur now and often in the style/concept of many rappers . . . even a lot of your fave acts burst on the scene after his death . . . cloning his life and style.

He forgot about true hip hop when he went out west This doesn't make sense to me . . . you mean when he went to war with 'em East Coast rappers Be more coherent with your points please.

His violent death magnified the weight of his words?? Why, by the same token, is Biggie not overrated Why not Big L Why not Freaky Tah Why not Half A Mil Why not every darn rapper who was murdered

Violence I don't relate to the violence-filled songs from 2pac, I connect with the soft ones . . . songs like "So Many Tears", "Keep Ya Head Up", "Life Goes On", etc

You can see what I'm saying - you don't even know what he was saying in "Me and My Girlfriend" . . . how on earth can you say an artiste whose themes you don't even understand is overrated

Such things are not taught in Ilorin secondary schools . . .  grin
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2009
So Many Tears just might be my fav Tupac song

As much as I like Biggie and all, that's what he liked. He didnt have that many thought provoking songs and they both died at 25. Take from that what you will
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Bamsyle(m): 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

dude comparing Eminem's "dumbing down" to Kanye's new path is insulting and unnecessary.

Encore was Eminem's lowest point and that's cos it was so bloody juvenile and just plain terrible and waste of good beats. Comparing that Kanye's sheer change of direction for the moment is just malicious.

Aiight ma'am . . . I give up . . . fact is - I like Kanye West . . . he's not even wack to me . . . I can't just continue this debate on Kanye anymore . . .

Ladies have a way of loving their fave artistes to death . . . grin

ThiefOfHearts:

So Many Tears just might be my fav Tupac song

As much as I like Biggie and all, that's what he liked. He didnt have that many thought provoking songs and they both died at 25. Take from that what you will

Biggie was even 24 when he died . . . I respect Biggie . . . even with his 2 classic albums, he's in ma "Top 3 Rappers" List . . . if you call him the best rapper ever, I got no probs with that . . . put him at par with 2pac, I'm cool with that . . . but I just don't get it when ignorant peops open their petrel-like mouth to say "Pac is overrated" . . . how A dude with so many hit songs (with sensible lyrics) deserves respect abeg.
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by TOYOSI20(f): 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2009
Bamsyle:

Tut Tut . . . "can you speak Englis" ma . . . and about epistles, why not skip 'em instead of reading 'em

You're a lost kid in need of direction . . .

Whether you admit it or not, his legacy lives on . . . he's the most influential rapper ever . . . his themes and lyrics are being under-studied in renowned universities . . . his themes and style recur now and often in the style/concept of many rappers . . . even a lot of your fave acts burst on the scene after his death . . . cloning his life and style.

He forgot about true hip hop when he went out west This doesn't make sense to me . . . you mean when he went to war with 'em East Coast rappers Be more coherent with your points please.

His violent death magnified the weight of his words?? Why, by the same token, is Biggie not overrated Why not Big L Why not Freaky Tah Why not Half A Mil Why not every darn rapper who was murdered

Violence I don't relate to the violence-filled songs from 2pac, I connect with the soft ones . . . songs like "So Many Tears", "Keep Ya Head Up", "Life Goes On", etc

You can see what I'm saying - you don't even know what he was saying in "Me and My Girlfriend" . . . how on earth can you say an artiste whose themes you don't even understand is overrated

Such things are not taught in Ilorin secondary schools . . .  grin

Did i mention the fact that u bore me wid ur incoherent gibberish,  angry angry

your thread clearly asks for Overrated artist and they have been listed so why then are u foaming in the mouth??

he is overrated and thats that, i don't give a crap what u think this is ma two cents!!, how is it affecting ur heart rate,  

Why do u then result to cheap insults, what frigging directions, bwoi pls, do whats clever and stick to ur thread!! wink

If u know who ur cheerleading squad is tell 'em im not the gurl u go off on to receive cheers from them, . . . .  .

BTW. . . i didn't go to secondary school in Illorin and besides how does that pertain to the topic at hand. . . . .

Thats what I'm saying the whole thuggish things is overrated thats the reason u can come here and spew all this. . . .not Ur fault its tu pac i blame,

Mr wanna be!!

Gangster ma gorgeous behind!!! grin grin

*Toyinrayo:

TOYOSI, na war?

hehhe grin grin

Naahhhh. . . .na play!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Artistes Are Overrated? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Got ya, enjoy dear wink
(Just take it easy on him. Think of his folks at home tongue)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ciara Vs Aaliya / Behind-The-Scenes Photos Of 'I Wish' By Waje / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.