Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

"Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie (41041 Views)

‘My Wife & I': Ramsey Nouah & Omoni Oboli Turn Cross-Dressers In New Movie / VIDEO: Will Smith Lashed For His Fake Nigerian Accent In Concussion / Will Smith's Terrible Nigerian Accent As Dr. Bennet Omalu In "Concussion” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by youngice(m): 6:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lordave:
No, you don't know what we're talking about 'here'!

He's an artiste actually, but is he as versatile as you portray him to be?

Mind you, we're talking about movies here, his acting prowess should be the most talked about.
the ease with which he jumps from genially dissimilar roles, like from an action hero to a comic to an emotional wreck should lay emphasis on my conclusion
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by abdulaz: 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
Something must kill a man, you smoke you die, you drink you die, you womanize without protection, hiv comes, you die, you drive, accident is inevitable, you could die, you eat excess fat or protein, bad cholesterol can kill, cancer is the new friend in town now, it respects no one.
So do whatever pleases you, what is killing us is the same thing keeping us alive, life is all about the choices you make.

Lights up my weed, oh God, life is too short I don't want to see your face now.
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
Chinom:

You mean an IGBO accent. A Nigerian accent does not exist. Dr. Omalu is Igbo.
I Smell a Biafran!!!

1 Like

Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by ochestraone(m): 6:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
the only nigerian song that can win grammy ward, everybody are feeling it, listen to lean on
me... download it here....,
datafilehost.com/d/fb32f387
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by ManTiger(m): 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
They should have used Saidi Balogun or Ramsey Noah for the role.
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by Chinom(m): 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
Nihilist:
Terrible accent.

Don Cheadle can do flawless Cockney but Will Smith cant even be bothered to learn the accent?

Why didnt they just give it to Chiwetal who is BOTH A-List and Igbo?

On point. Chinwetalu Ejiofor's accent on the movie ' Half a yellow sun' was 98% Igbotic. He would have played Dr. Omalu very well.

2 Likes

Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by caprini1: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
olabode89:

Forest Whitaker is a better and more versatile actor.
Men....you've gotta love him as Idi Amin in the last king of scotland...what a movie!
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by damiloladuke: 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
NOTED...IT IS GOOD

YOU NEED MORE MONEY? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by Nihilist: 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
Chinom:

On point. Chinwetalu Ejiofor's accent on the movie ' Half a yellow sun' was 98% Igbotic. He would have played Dr. Omalu very well.

It is ridiculous...the thing is Will Smith is not even a good actor anyway. Watch all his fils, he just pulls the same 'Pitbull in Distress' face whenever he needs to show 'emotion'

That trailer was embarassing. They should have just let him keep his American accent and pretend his character is fully westernised.

1 Like

Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by Chinom(m): 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
Emeskhalifa:

I Smell a Biafran!!!

Not a Biafran. But proudly Igbo. Does Buhari have a Nigerian accent ?. Does OBJ have a Nigerian accent?. Maybe you should try to answer these questions. Maybe you will understand what I mean.

Dr. Omalu would speak with an Igbo accent.

2 Likes

Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by Ramos16(m): 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . . . .bros, the movie is talking about American football (NFL) and not soccer as you erroneously assume
well my bad, all of them join shar :-)
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by CSTR2: 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
But that's not how Nigerians talk na.... I wonder why they always conclude all Africans speak like south Africans.....
That is where they visit the most.
You can't blame them for assuming the south african accent is a general african accent.
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by Octaves(m): 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hope he gets the accent right. Hollywood lumps all African accents together with that annoying southern African accent.

2 Likes

Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
Chinom:

Not a Biafran. But proudly Igbo. Does Buhari have a Nigerian accent ?. Does OBJ have a Nigerian accent?. Maybe you should try to answer these questions. Maybe you will understand what I mean.

Dr. Omalu would speak with an Igbo accent.

Hausa Igbo Yoruba re tribes in Nigeria.
u go abroad what dey will use to regconize u is ur country not ur tribe ooo.

2 Likes

Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by Eluwilussit(m): 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
chefremy:
he acted as a nigerian,but can never act as how a nigerian would act.

Corporate politics. Guess they don't think any of our Nigerian Hollywood actors merits the opportunity to appear along side Baldwin and co. Marketability issues and class, may be the reason. Who knows?

If na slave movie now, they will quickly look for raw African characters. Only a Nigerian can act as a Nigerian. We are unique. One may not know this, until one lives abroad and then has the opportunity to compare Nigerians with other blacks from anywhere in the world.

Actually, the rest of the world assume that almost every Nigerian is either a doctor, lawyer, engineer, accountant or other professional. They have come to realize that Nigerians are unique and ambitious.

Unfortunately, we have been governed by the wrong caliber of politicians, due to religious and ethnic sentiments. It is such a shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by Ramos16(m): 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
Nihilist:

It is ridiculous...the thing is Will Smith is not even a good actor anyway. Watch all his fils, he just pulls the same 'Pitbull in Distress' face whenever he needs to show 'emotion'

That trailer was embarassing. They should have just let him keep his American accent and pretend his character is fully westernised.
bro it is not as if i agree with what you say, but i like the phrase *pitbull in distress face*, lol, just cracked me up, that part is true shar, but he is still as good as denzel
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by caprini1: 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
CSTR2:
You can't blame them for assuming the south african accent is a general african accent.
I tell you.....I saw a video on facebook of an American woman asked on who wants to be a millionaire,of how many states are in Africa with four options of a.2 b.4 c.1 d.52 ..and she chose c.1....with full confidence...I was so shocked that day ehn!
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
SirBlack999:
Will Smith doesn't look like that in 'Bad boys'.
He's gradually getting old.
1995 till date count the years
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by exactly77(m): 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hmmm. Nigeria in the front burners again.... this time for something nice. Great!

1 Like

Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by letsbet(m): 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lordave:
You don't know what we're talking about here, do you?

Youngice is not actually wrong. Will Smith is also an Artist (he sings). I have listened to a couple of his songs.

The Pursuit of Happiness, remains my favorite movie of his.
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by Reference(m): 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
kayo80:

So true. In my book, is more successful in his acting career than Denzel Washington because of this.

Where would you place S.L Jackson.
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by gagewonda(m): 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
He tried bt still not nigerian enough. He spoilt my beloved nigerian accent. Dunno y if dey want to depict a nigerian character dey neva consider casting an actor from nollywood or an original nigerian, same way dey did lupita nyong'o. Dunno y dey always change it wen na naija turn

1 Like

Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by azimibraun: 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
Which Nigerian tribe then? Nasarawa Eggon Nikka or an Ebira Man?
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by enomakos(m): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mopolchi:
good of him. Dat Igbo guy.
he is an american,his passports says so
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by Mopolchi: 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
enomakos:
he is an american,his passports says so
Yes, I know. But his history is traced to Igbo tribe.
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by TheDauraMallam: 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
Remilekun101:

You forgot to add it's[size=14pt] LADY F [/size]again

As useless as ladyf herself.
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by Pain(m): 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
Did I tell you the guy below me is GAY?
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by billtommy(m): 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
Age is telling on him already.
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
CSTR2:
dem dey maaaaddd...... Why can't they do their research,? There's this new movie idris elba starred in. He acted as a Nigerian and he sounded like a typical Nigerian not soo schooled cos he was acting as a militant or sth like that.... The accent was right and spot on..... Them dey crase....
Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by 247notire(m): 7:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ramos16:
we are all carried away by the fact that thd movie deals with Nigeria, but the main subject of the movie is football, i believe this movie is americas way of discrediting the real football (soccer) below the american football. The result presented by this omelu scientist is horrible, because if football can cause that to you, then so can boxing, or rugby etc, but they failed to allow us understand that the main cause is the sudden shock caused by the force from the blow of the football, fist or head-butt respectively. They ve only tried to discredit soccer so that people can start looking at american football as a better option.
My view anyway
Total rubbish u just spewed man. U actually meant it the other way round. NFL is National Football League in America which is for American Football or soccer aka Rugby. So u got ur points upside down sir. Please correct urself.

1 Like

Re: "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie by enomakos(m): 7:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mopolchi:
Yes, I know. But his history is traced to Igbo tribe.
ok i got you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aki and Pawpaw: Chinedu Ikedieze and Osita Iheme / BBNaija: Tacha Clashes With Frodd At Dinner / BBNaija: Lasisi Erenu Reacts To Lolu's Erect Joystick With A Funny Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.