Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,730 members, 7,955,775 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:43 PM

The Many Lies Told By Jesus - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Many Lies Told By Jesus (8874 Views)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / 6 Laws Broken By Jesus Christ In The Bible / Lies Told By 'Jesus' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by wirinet(m): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2009
Truth11:

I think you got the message straight to your heart this time and your argument fell flat just now but you want to continue your argument. smiley

I was not there when any of the things written in the Bible happened, but I love the truth and so I believe it absolutely. So I was there when Genesis 1 tells about creation, I dont have even 0.0001% doubt!! I absolutely believe whatever I read from the Bible, I believe when Daniel was thrown to the lions, I believe when David killed Goliath, I believe when God took his children out of Egypt and all the plagues and the wilderness journey, I believe everything in the Bible and my heart agrees.

Earlier, when I did not receive Christ as my personal saviour I used to doubt everything like you and I could not believe anything from the Bible, it all looked like lies even though I was born in a believing christian home.

God has given me discernment so I can differentiate the truth from lies. You can also have this beautiful nature through Christ.

Blessings,

What is the basis of your 0.0001% belief in the bible. Is it due to your being an eyewithness, is it due to it being collaborated by other sources, is it due to the stories being logical, or is it due to blind faith?

Lets see what else you believe.

Do you believe that man was created out of dust but women out of one rib of man?
Do you believe that Jonah survived in the belly of a whale for 3 days?
Do you believe that the sun stood for three days so that Gods children can win a war (although that would not help nowadays as we have night vision goggles)
Do you believe humans can build a tower that will make God feel threatened?
Do you believe that all of Job's children and wife rose from the dead (first resurrection) after Jobs passing of his tests?
Do you believe that it was only the isrealites that the real God ever interracted with and every other culture on earth was visited by fake Gods?
Do you belief God has a court with a golden throne and his heir (first son) by his right hand (what about the queen), complete with high chiefs (angels), musicians and commoners (ordinary human souls). ?

Lets know which one you believe
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2009
I'm rather astonished that some christians are taking their time out to argue with people who believe that Jesus and the Bible lied.

There is understanding that the Holy Spirit brings. You may have read John 3:16 (undoubtedly the most popular verse in Christianity, maybe except Gen 1:1) a thousand times, but when you read it with the help of the Holy Spirit, you'll have the kind of understanding that you've never had before. Therefore we do not expect the heathen to understand the Bible the way we do. Why? Because they do not have the Holy Spirit.

I think all of us christians in the house should pray for these people.

2 Pe 2:12
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
KJV
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2009
mactao:

I'm rather astonished that some christians are taking their time out to argue with people who believe that Jesus and the Bible lied.

There is understanding that the Holy Spirit brings. You may have read John 3:16 (undoubtedly the most popular verse in Christianity, maybe except Gen 1:1) a thousand times, but when you read it with the help of the Holy Spirit, you'll have the kind of understanding that you've never had before. Therefore we do not expect the heathen to understand the Bible the way we do. Why? Because they do not have the Holy Spirit.

I think all of us christians in the house should pray for these people.

2 Pe 2:12
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
KJV

is it the same holy spirit that speaks to pastor tb joshua, chris olaykilome and pastor enoch adeboye? is yes then why are they fighting against each other?
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2009
I am not aware of any fight between Adeboye and Oyakhilome. The closest thing to what you wrote is what I heard between Adeboye and Joshua. I gather (from a thread on Nairaland) that Adeboye said Joshua does not agree with the salvation according to the Bible. Now, the ultimate litmus test for all preachers and people who claim to have a message from God is THE BIBLE.. So if Joshua or ANYBODY ELSE for that matter does not agree with salvation according to the Bible, then he very obviously does not have the Holy Spirit.

Is there a fight I don't know about? Please enlighten me.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2009
mactao:

I am not aware of any fight between Adeboye and Oyakhilome. The closest thing to what you wrote is what I heard between Adeboye and Joshua. I gather (from a thread on Nairaland) that Adeboye said Joshua does not agree with the salvation according to the Bible. Now, the ultimate litmus test for all preachers and people who claim to have a message from God is THE BIBLE.. So if Joshua or ANYBODY ELSE for that matter does not agree with salvation according to the Bible, then he very obviously does not have the Holy Spirit.

Is there a fight I don't know about? Please enlighten me.

sure, there is an on going battle between PFN(which adeboye is a member) vs pastor chris oyahkilome. . . . what make you think that tb joshua does not agree with salvation according to the bible?
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by goodfisher: 1:01pm On Apr 10, 2009
THIS IS THE WORD OF GOD. Consider for yourselves and make amends. Let him who has ears hear.

Mat 12:30 "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
Mat 12:31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
Mat 12:32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
Mat 12:33 "Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.
Mat 12:34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Mat 12:35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
Mat 12:36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Enockia(m): 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2009
goodfisher:

THIS IS THE WORD OF GOD. Consider for yourselves and make amends. Let him who has ears hear.

Mat 12:30 "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
Mat 12:31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
Mat 12:32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
Mat 12:33 "Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.
Mat 12:34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Mat 12:35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
Mat 12:36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

tell him
na u sabi
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2009
Zap the holy spirit. . . . .deluded goons. . . . .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Enockia(m): 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2009
mazaje the holy spirt will soon arrest u

i've seen ur types they always come around

just like the case of paul
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2009
Enockia:

mazaje the holy spirt will soon arrest u

i've seen ur types they always come around

just like the case of paul

the holy spirit exists only in your imaginations. . . so because you believe in the lies, ideas and imaginations of paul that has never been corroborated by any body you think you know something eh? even the bible can not give a coherent account of how the holy spirit arrested paul, the two accounts in acts cancel each other out. . . . . keep believing the, fantasy, ideas and imaginations of ancient jews and romans. . . . .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Enockia(m): 6:31pm On Apr 10, 2009
i tipy u cos like pharoh in egpt ur heart has been hardened so that u do not see the truth
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2009
Enockia:

i tipy u cos like pharoh in egpt ur heart has been hardened so that u do not see the truth

u still believe that your merciful and just god hardens people's heart against him eh?
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Enockia(m): 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2009
yes he does

to show that his power can never be compared
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2009
Enockia:

yes he does

to show that his power can never be compared

good. . . keep on believing in fables. . . . .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Enockia(m): 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2009
and u keep dis beliving

ur end is near
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by pureminded: 7:17pm On Apr 10, 2009
shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Enockia(m): 7:24pm On Apr 10, 2009
pureminded:

shocked shocked shocked

my friend say somthing
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by pureminded: 7:31pm On Apr 10, 2009
Enockia:

my friend say something
Ah what do you want me to say ? cant you see the poster has gone far beyond amend embarassed cry
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Enockia(m): 7:39pm On Apr 10, 2009
lets pray for him so God will 4give him
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 7:41pm On Apr 10, 2009
Enockia:

and u keep dis beliving

ur end is near

you wish, keep believing in ancient jewish fables. . . .

Enockia:

lets pray for him so God will 4give him

grin grin grin. . . . . deluded freaks. . . . . .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Enockia(m): 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2009
well the world needs people like u to take some people to hell

afterall not every body will go to heaven
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Truth11: 8:26pm On Apr 10, 2009
Every word of the Bible is true. My personal experience with God of the Bible is that he loving, kind, forgiving, judge, etc. etc.

Puremind, Enockia: its true some of the folks here dont believe in Christ and his Word. We should pray.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 10, 2009
@mazaje

I didn't know about any fight. And what I have to say is this - it isn't up to me or any other human for that matter to judge and say this one is a man of God and this one is not. Like I said earlier, the ultimate litmus test for all people who claim to have a message from God is the Bible. If you carefully examine their messages and they contradict the Bible, then they're not of God.

And it was on Nairaland I read that Adeboye implied that Joshua does not agree with salvation according to the Bible.

And to the man who said "F the Holy Spirit", be extremely careful.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by MrCrackles(m): 8:42pm On Apr 10, 2009
Topic

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by KAG: 8:49pm On Apr 10, 2009
Enockia:

Okay . . .? And on that bombshell . . .
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by iwefactria: 9:11pm On Apr 10, 2009
my people perish because they lack understanding,knowledge and wisdom.I think you read bible as u read news paper and that is why u found it so hard to really find the truth about the bible so my friend if you want to have the understanding of the bible you have to be guarded by holy spirit may God help you
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by redsun(m): 10:24pm On Apr 10, 2009
Mental slavery is worst than shackles.Christianity like any other organize religion is farce and have clearly doomed africa,people are like robots despite their brainwashed education,they can't reason.

They find solace not in themselves but in borrowed ideas and beliefs,the metaphor of christ story can be clearly seen in men like Ghandi,Martin Luther king Jn,Malcolm x,Marcus Garvey,Fela,Che,etc,men that firmly and selflessly stood and fought for change in their life time by whatever means possible .

Christ story is more like a break from the old traditions and a beginning of a new creation and meanings,champion by u.The redefinition of what is,what has been and what will be.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Horus(m): 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2009
The truth is that those so-called wise and prudent theologians know absolutely nothing about the so-called resurrection simply because it never happened. Easter, or the celebration of the resurrection, is merely a tradition, a tradition that you have been taught from childhood, and coming into maturity you have accepted it because that is what you were taught. That is what you read bout. That is what your parents made you observed every Easter Sunday. Thus, you continued to go along with it and before you knew it, you had carelessly assumed what you now believe without question or proof. Easter is the feast of feasts celebrated in honor of the risen Christ. You have even reached the point where you will defend vigorously and emotionally your belief, a belief that can lead you straight to hell. It has become human nature to flow with the stream, and to go along with the crowd, to believe and perform like those around you. And, even when you stumble on the truth, you will not believe because like the majority of the people, you stubbornly refuse to believe what you are unwilling to believe. There is an old saying that says: He who is convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by Enockia(m): 9:11am On Apr 11, 2009
people like this makes me remember that the end is near
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by pureminded: 9:24am On Apr 11, 2009
Honestly im confused about this guy embarassed sad but there are some people like that , they dont believe in God ! sad , I meet a guy from sweden , the guy said just few people believe in God in sweden, he even said , if a politician should come and speak to the people , the politician must not mention Gods name or pray or anything like that or else, His going to be rejected passionately, it's sad to hear this kind of thing is going on in this world, because there is God almighty , The Im that Im , The creator of the heaven and earth ! sad,
Re: The Many Lies Told By Jesus by mazaje(m): 12:40pm On Apr 11, 2009
Enockia:

sure . . . . the founders of your religion needed to create an imaginary place for you guys, how will the division continue if you guys were not promised "heaven" and others condemned to"hell". keep on deluding yourself, heaven and hell exist only in your imagination. . . .

Truth11:

Every word of the Bible is true. My personal experience with God of the Bible is that he loving, kind, forgiving, judge, etc. etc.

If after this you still refuse to listen and still remain hostile toward me, then I will give full vent to my hostility. I will punish you seven times over for your sins. You will eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters. I will destroy your pagan shrines and cut down your incense altars. I will leave your corpses piled up beside your lifeless idols, and I will despise you. I will make your cities desolate and destroy your places of worship, and I will take no pleasure in your offerings of incense. Yes, I myself will devastate your land. Your enemies who come to occupy it will be utterly shocked at the destruction they see. I will scatter you among the nations and attack you with my own weapons. Your land will become desolate, and your cities will lie in ruins. Then at last the land will make up for its missed Sabbath years as it lies desolate during your years of exile in the land of your enemies. Then the land will finally rest and enjoy its Sabbaths. As the land lies in ruins, it will take the rest you never allowed it to take every seventh year while you lived in it. (Leviticus 26:27-35 )

Puremind, Enockia: its true some of the folks here dont believe in Christ and his Word. We should pray.

over 4 billion people living in the world today do not believe in christ and his word. . . .

iwefactria:

my people perish because they lack understanding,knowledge and wisdom.I think you read bible as u read news paper and that is why u found it so hard to really find the truth about the bible so my friend if you want to have the understanding of the bible you have to be guarded by holy spirit may God help you

you call it holy spirit and i call it spirit of delusion. . . . is it the same holy spirit that talks to pastor matthew ashimolowo that communicates to the pope?

Enockia:

people like this makes me remember that the end is near

even jesus told his listeners in the bible that he was coming during their life time to bring an end to the world. . . . . keep waiting. . . .

pureminded:

Honestly im confused about this guy embarassed sad but there are some people like that , they dont believe in God ! sad , I meet a guy from sweden , the guy said just few people believe in God in sweden, he even said , if a politician should come and speak to the people , the politician must not mention Gods name or pray or anything like that or else, His going to be rejected passionately, it's sad to hear this kind of thing is going on in this world, because there is God almighty , The Im that Im , The creator of the heaven and earth ! sad,

there is almighty god eh? and i say that there is almighty allah go ahead and prove me wrong. . . .

(1) (2) (3)

Alien Skull Found In Peru / Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 / Question For Believers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.