Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Are The Ilajes, Aworis, Egbas, Ijebus, Ikales And Eguns Really Yoruba? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are The Ilajes, Aworis, Egbas, Ijebus, Ikales And Eguns Really Yoruba? (21875 Views)

"Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu / Some Amazing Facts About The Ijebus / Ijebus Are Not Yoruba !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: Are The Ilajes, Aworis, Egbas, Ijebus, Ikales And Eguns Really Yoruba? by BigNev: 1:07am On Apr 27

Ilaje is entirely different from most Yoruba Dialect, There language is more related to Us (Itsekiri) An Average Ilaje Man sees himself as an Ilaje man nt Yoruba , but only On NL do you see Them tagging Ilaje Yoruba, Maybe Its because Of There Riches .....

Ilaje Is Ilaje
Yoruba is Yoruba
Itsekiri is Itsekiri.

Big tribe always looking for way to claim Small tribe in Nigeria, Same sheet happening in Delta north

I am an Itsekiri and Itsekiris are Yorubas so speak for yourself. You open your mouth to say Itsekiris are close to Ilajes so does that not tell you that we are Yorubas too. If you live among Itsekiris and Ilajes then you will know that we see ourselves as same people.
Re: Are The Ilajes, Aworis, Egbas, Ijebus, Ikales And Eguns Really Yoruba? by ghettochild(m): 9:46am On Apr 30
Bialegend:

Believe me, my co-worker gave me serious warning never to call him Yoruba. He insisted that he is Ilaje and never to be called Yoruba. Why?
He's naive n ignorant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples / I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are / M-NET FINALLY LAUNCHES AFRICA MAGIC IGBO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.