Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,386 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him (92066 Views)

Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I dunno why husband/wife relationship is always likened to a master-slave relationship on this section. While I don't do any of what was stated in the OP, if my hubby demands it, I'd prolly do it and not think much of it. Same way I will not hand him a spanner or get the jack/spare tire from the boot if we have a flat tire on the roadside and he won't think much of it either.

10 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

My mother would be served ny my wife were she to come visiting. Seriously, Joy, put some mental effort into this thing.

In any case, the place of the husband should be held in higher regard than father by the wife-daughter
No no. You asked what's wrong with a wife serving her husband like she would her father. So I'm asking if you would have a problem with your wife demanding you serve her like you would your mother

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SAMBARRY: 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
grin grin grin
In an ideal sense is this a topic worthy of discussion grin

on top of food matter grin

byvan03:

:oThat means America must know! shocked cheesy grin grin.

;Dfamily section....still as fun as ever! kiss.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 12:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
edwife:

I will never understand some women ,really? how does serving a man you love and call "better half" a problem?

How long does it take self? undecided

How is a man dishing out food for himself even a problem in the first place? No wonder women refer to men as babies. Upon all the work plus children she needs to attend to o.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Yet, theses disciples called him master and they served him in the way Jesus expected of them, didn't they? now, that you're referring to Jesus and his disciples, shouldn't wives call their husbands Lord? Anyway, moving on.

Surely, you're not referencing the conventional bible we have all come to know. If not you'd have no issues with the head of the house and Lord demanding that his 'disciple" do as the master demands. Then, again, it's you. We don't know what bible you read.

There's cooler/tray in the bible? Or her expectations trump that of her master and Lord? In what biblical planet are these roles reversed Deaconess Bukky? Which means she can leave foods half-cooked or burn them because there are other chores to handle. Having chores is a good reason to leave other chores half-done or abandoned completely? That wife is a very special foolish breed.

We greet you, our 'Nigerian' wives.
Sorry o but I didn't realise husband/wife relationship is synonymous to master/servant relationship. Like seriously, you'd be happy if your wife called you Lord? Na wa o. Nigerian men sha

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

No no. You asked what's wrong with a wife serving her husband like she would her father. So I'm asking if you would have a problem with your wife demanding you serve her like you would your mother

Just how would I serve my mother? She'll cook and expect me to serve her food? Women generally do the cooking and serving, do the not?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SonOfEl(m): 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
MarvellousGod:
He's not only being immature, he's being very very silly. .. rejecting your wife's food cos of a petty issue? What will now happen if the food isn't cooked well? Pour it on her? I suspect he has another place he goes to eat and just uses this as an excuse. ..

My dear, this is marriage. Some things are supposed to be overlooked. . Do you think the marriage will survive if the woman picks on small stuffs the husband does? How do they handle bigger issues if they see this as a problem? The woman has cooked the food (definitely alone), she has served also, to dish out is the only problem. Maybe she should also feed the man after dishing out.. so laughable, grin grin... The man does it even when the woman is busy with other things. . As I said hunger never catch am or he doesn't enjoy the wife's food hence giving unreasonable excuses. ...

In HIS own house abi? Where's the woman's house? Maybe the corridor? grin grin grin .. this is what spoils marriage, selfishness, instead of doing things as "ours", you do as 'mine'

I may advice the woman to start doing as the husband wishes to avoid irreparable problems but that doesn't make the man's whining reasonable. ....

it is your type that mislead young naive wives. no mature woman that knows her onion will play with her husbands appetite and belly. I think you are the immature one here.

what's wrong with a wife making whatever gladdens her husband's appetite her priority?

if it is "don't hit your wife NO MATTER her attack at you either physically or verbally", you will shout a loud militant amen to that (not that I support the act of hitting her anyway)

if it were " spend your last dime on your wife even if she has more money than you", you will shout hallelujah.

only a wise woman builds her home. you are a legendary fool. ladies should desist from people like you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by edwife(f): 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

How is a man dishing out food for himself even a problem in the first place? No wonder women refer to men as babies. Upon all the work plus children she needs to attend to o.

Nobody said it is a problem,it is a problem when a woman is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Who asked her not to attend to work or kids?A woman needs to have the capacity to manage her house(chores) in a way that they don't work her out or clash.You don't do laundry everyday,nor cook everyday....

What if i refer my husband as my baby? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

How is a woman properly serving her husband his meal a problem, to begin with? No wonder men call women fish brained. What is the woman's work if not to make and keep the home? You think that's an elective? *facepalm*

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SonOfEl(m): 1:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

Sorry o but I didn't realise husband/wife relationship is synonymous to master/servant relationship. Like seriously, you'd be happy if your wife called you Lord? Na wa o. Nigerian men sha

I know you are a spiritual illiterate. was Sarah ever a servant to Abraham? yet she called him lord, that is honour for you, if you truly love your husband, you will show him REVERENCE, that is, deep honour, just like Sarah did.

mugu.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:

Okay

Abeg. Don't run away. I'm eager for you to neutralise my points with biblical facts, of course. I patiently await.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by edwife(f): 1:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
naijababe:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I dunno why husband/wife relationship is always likened to a master-slave relationship on this section. While I don't do any of what was stated in the OP, if my hubby demands it, I'd prolly do it and not think much of it. Same way I will not hand him a spanner or get the jack/spare tire from the boot if we have a flat tire on the roadside and he won't think much of it either.

Don't mind them,the same people here when you ask them how many of them do the plumbing,electrical repairs or car servicing will raise their hands.But when it comes to cooking and house-chores it is equality.

Have you watched soul food,the black american series?and most of Tyler perry movies?

After all this is Nairaland..... undecided

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
SonOfEl:

I know you are a spiritual illiterate. was Sarah ever a servant to Abraham? yet she called him lord, that is honour for you, if you truly love your husband, you will show him REVERENCE, that is, deep honour, just like Sarah did.

mugu.
Look here you retard, if you don't want to see red this afternoon you will refrain from abusing me.
Sarah elected to call Abraham Lord. Is there any place where Abraham said to Sarah 'you must call me Lord'?
Did Abraham ever portray the attitude of a tyrant or dictator in the bible? Go figure!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

I'm really tempted to call you an ediot. Maybe you should try and understand contexts before you go off ranting at my comments. I've made those comments to that person because she made reference to the bible. The same bible that I pulled those references from. Don't be clever by half. Stop disgracing Nigerian women.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
edwife:

Don't mind them,the same people here when you ask them how many of them do the plumbing,electrical repairs or car servicing will raise their hands.But when it comes to cooking and house-chores it is equality.

Have you watched soul food,the black american series?and most of Tyler perry movies?

How many husband's do plumbing, electrical repairs or car servicing themselves? Your point is of no moment my dear

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

Look here you retard, if you don't want to see red this afternoon you will refrain from abusing me.
Sarah elected to call Abraham Lord. Is there any place where Abraham said to Sarah 'you must call me Lord'?
Did Abraham ever portray the attitude of a tyrant or dictator in the bible? Go figure!

Sarah elected? Bukatyne, I know you're a bible student. Is this claim true or was it the custom at the time? I really want to learn.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
edwife:

Don't mind them,the same people here when you ask them how many of them do the plumbing,electrical repairs or car servicing will raise their hands. But when it comes to cooking and house-chores it is equality.

Hehehehehehehehehe!
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

How many husband's do plumbing, electrical repairs or car servicing themselves? Your point is of no moment my dear
what does this mean? Let's assume, and this is an assumption, that husbands don't do these things, who gets them done or hires those who get them done? Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy. It is hot here abeg, don't add your own. Please, I beg you.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Abeg. Don't run away. I'm eager for you to neutralise my points with biblical facts, of course. I patiently await.

Run... now I am scared

Put your fists into your laptop to drag me back grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
edwife:

I love Soul food, watched some of Tyler's movies
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 1:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

How is a woman properly serving her husband his meal a problem, to begin with? No wonder men call women fish brained. What is the woman's work if not to make and keep the home? You think that's an elective? *facepalm*
She served him his meal. Is he paralysed? Why does he feel too big to dish out his own food from the plate already before him?

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:

Run... now I am scared
Put your fists into your laptop to drag me back grin
I just duct-taped you to your desk. angry Try moving let me see grin
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:
what does this mean? Let's assume, and this is an assumption, that husbands don't do these things, who gets them done or hires those who get them done? Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy. It is hot here abeg, don't add your own. Please, I beg you.
She alluded to the fact that husband's actually do these themselves. It's one thing to do a thing. It's another to hire someone to do it. Which anybody can do by the way.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

You are shooting yourself in the foot

Edwife is saying since husbands handle the electricals, plumbing and car repairs, they should not do house chores...

Now you are saying a husband either pays or does it himself

Can't a woman pay for someone to serve her husband? Afteral, she is paying

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by edwife(f): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

Where i come from those are basic things men do. undecided

Like i said earlier,check yourself if you end up marrying a loser,you have yourself to blame and not take a simple and natural thing like serving one's husband as a sin.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Sarah elected? Bukatyne, I know you're a bible student. Is this claim true or was it the custom at the time? I really want to learn.
Alright show me where Abraham compelled Sarah to call him Lord?
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

She served him his meal. Is he paralysed? Why does he feel too big to dish out his own food from the plate already before him?

Where in the article did the wife say he felt too big to dish his own food? Anyone who can read saw she said he said, "the service was incomplete". Why bring to the table at all? Why not tell him to go dish direct from the pot himself? Is he paralysed that he can't go to the kitchen to take the food straight from the pot? Or he was paralysed before she brought the food to the dining table and he miraculously got function in his limbs again? Or is there an unseen barrier that stops him from going to the kitchen? You know like when vampires can't enter a building until their invited? I'm curious, Joy. Feed my curiosity.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SonOfEl(m): 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

Abraham didn't have to, and Sarah chose to as a symbol of honour she had for her husband. today, nobody is asking you to call them lord, what husband want is to be treated with honour in his home, and serving his food is not a taboo, it is another way to show honour. get that into your brain. are your so busy or handicapped to serve your husband food? it is your type that demands for heaven and earth from their husband, that Is if they ever successfully settle down with a husband.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
edwife:

Like i said earlier,check yourself if you end up marrying a loser,you have yourself to blame and not take a simple and natural thing like serving one's husband as a sin.

Well the case at hand involves a nigerian wife and her husband. Here, the men are too lazy to get anything done in their homes

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:
Alright show me where Abraham compelled Sarah to call him Lord?
Joy, just stop
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
edwife:

Like i said earlier[b],check yourself if you end up marrying a loser,you have yourself to blame and not take a simple and natural thing like serving one's husband as a sin.[/b]

Choi Edwife, sofry sofry o grin grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

Well the case at hand involves a nigerian wife and her husband. Here, the men are too lazy to get anything done in their homes

At the risk of sounding insulting, I'd advise you to speak for your circle of influence, you know;n your friends, family and such. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea / This Is What My House Help Did To Me

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.