Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Marriage Tribalism - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Tribalism (625 Views)

The Tribalism Displayed On Nairaland Should Not Be Overlooked / Romancelanders, Opinions And Tribalism / Adewumi Opeyemi Caught Exhibiting Tribalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Tribalism by bammike21: 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hello Nairalanders!

Please help me contribute to this situation at hand.
I am from Edo state and I've been into a serious relationship for 2 years now and even thinking about getting married. So I brought my fiance home for introduction. Only for my parent telling me I can't marry her cos she's from ogun state.. How do you people see to this matter.

Thanks.
Re: Marriage Tribalism by chocolateme(f): 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
If there is a tangible background reason for their rejection, then calm down and follow it up REASONABLY and WISELY without been blinded by LOVE.
But if at the end of the whole thing and there is nothing except just TRIBALISM, then get MARRIED to your DAD.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Tribalism by tpiander: 11:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
has to be a lie.

Edo is almost the only tribe in Nigeria which cheerfully marries from anywhere with no objections at all.
Re: Marriage Tribalism by donholy28(m): 12:22am On Sep 03, 2015
If ur sure u love her then fight for her.. anyway did u ask ur parents their reason for objecting?
Re: Marriage Tribalism by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 03, 2015
Why not ask ur parents why they don't wanna let u marry ur fiancé? MAybe there is something more than juz she's from other state...at least it wud be more clear what u can do next whether u gonna fight for ur love or u juz wanna let u go...

1 Like

Re: Marriage Tribalism by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 03, 2015
tpiander:
has to be a lie.

Edo is almost the only tribe in Nigeria which cheerfully marries from anywhere with no objections at all.

As an edo guy, I wouldn't take an igbo girl seriously.
No be me and her family dem. Dem go wan sell the girl give me

1 Like

Re: Marriage Tribalism by bammike21: 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
Thank you all for your contribution!! actually what they said is that. People from my place that married from Ogun state never end well,is either the woman is always bossy or what to be the head of the family by force.. Lol!! I will just watch and see the way my girlfriend behaves at the long run.. Why is it that some girlfriend gives(generosity) when dating and stop when they get married. Or why do their attitude change after being married?

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips For A Successful Relationship. / Euphemisms for Fornication/Adultery / And You Call Yourself A Man….

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.