Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus (1807 Views)

Chris And Anita Oyakhilome: The Truth You Never Knew / What Would You Do If You Knew Jesus Was Coming Back To Earth In 200 Years ? / 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by goodguy(m): 11:26pm On Oct 03, 2006
The story below was forwarded to me. Enjoy!

There was an atheist couple who had a child. The couple never told their daughter anything about the Lord.

One night, when the little girl was 5 years old, the parents fought with each other and the dad shot the Mom, right in front of the child. Then, the dad shot himself. The little girl watched it all.

She then was sent to a foster home. The foster mother was a Christian and took the child to church. On the first day of Sunday School, the foster mother told the teacher that the girl had never heard of Jesus, and to have patience with her. The teacher held up a picture of Jesus and said, "Does anyone know who this is?"

The little girl said, "I do, that's the man who was holding me the night my parents died."
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by Oracle(m): 1:48am On Oct 04, 2006
Damn,
are you saying, the Lord was holding her?
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by edygirl(f): 2:07am On Oct 04, 2006
Wow!
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by Scorpio(f): 3:38am On Oct 04, 2006
awww!
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by izoneb(f): 6:00am On Oct 04, 2006
no spice! try harder!
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by lexfrosty: 9:54am On Oct 04, 2006
Nice story. Actually happens grin

izoneb is it because you dont believe in it? undecided
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by Grouppoint(m): 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2006
So are you really saying to us that this girl saw a picture of an actor, or a painting by some artist who never saw Christ, and correctly identified the person as her saviour.

That must be a miracle that even the Lord will not take credit for.

We must know by now that most pictures or images of christ are anglo saxon origin, whereas Christ was JEWISH mediterranean, or BLACK.

The era of the dark ages sought to portray Christ as a white man, and as such Images showed Hiim with Blonde hair and blue eyes. Even if the Lord wasnt black, tell me how many Israelis you have seen with blonde hair/blue eys?

All the time I see people feeling the need to impress God and sometimes we circulate fibs on the internet and in Churches, of very 'miraculous' events and testimonies attributed to God. We must realise that if or when these things are proven to be false, Our lord looks bad, as if it was Him who sent us to lie for Him.
I believe in miracles, but I also believe that God doesnt need us to lie in order to glorify him. That's counter- productive and takes a few steps backwhen we should be marching onwards.
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by Grouppoint(m): 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2006
@Goodguy, I'm not calling you a liar because I understand that you simply sent us a 'forwarded' mail. I also understand that these stories can encourage people, but I feel that God is not really about hype. He can do these things and has done many times in the past and present.

He probably saved the girl on the said event, but surely someone introduced the picture aspect just to 'glorify' the glorious Christ.

He is the King of Kings, The Lord of Lords. We dont really need miracles in our day. We just need to access the blessings already secured for us by his Life, Death and Resurrection.
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by KDK(m): 7:51pm On Oct 05, 2006
@goodguy,
I am sure you will say KDK has come again but I am happy to inform you that I have reserved my comments about this post so don't be scared. wink
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by lexfrosty: 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2006
grouppoint i like your views, bravo! bravo! grin
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by lafile(m): 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2006
@Grouppoint
Great Post. You said it like it is.

@KDK
would like to know your comments
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by Xencee(f): 1:42pm On Nov 03, 2006
One question, did the girl actually recognise d picture cos she had seen d man be4?
Wen we think of Jesus, we have dis picture in our minds of wat he looks like, courtesy of the films dat potray Christ.

@ Groupoint, i c wat u mean, n i can appreciate it. It makes sense.

@KDK, I'd also like 2 see ur comments on d topic. U obviously want us 2 know or else u wudn't have come in at all. So pls enlighten us! wink
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by goodguy(m): 10:02pm On Nov 03, 2006
Why don't we just see and concentrate on the message the story is trying to pass across, rather than analyse the story's set-up?
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by Grouppoint(m): 3:47am On Nov 04, 2006
goodguy:

Why don't we just see and concentrate on the message the story is trying to pass across, rather than analyse the story's set-up?

The problem is that the message is likely to be counter-productive if proven to be false. Jesus did even greater things and there are many authentic messages everyday.

Any unbeliever with just a little knowledge of history, will immediately refute the story and effectively, its intended message.
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by topisdo: 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2006
Halleluyah!
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by chistiana(f): 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2006
Am not sure this story is true @goodguy cant u just give us the content or the clue of the story u can even tell us what the message is all about cause most of us are in a confuse state.
Re: The Little Girl Who Never Knew Jesus by goodguy(m): 9:32pm On Nov 07, 2006
Chistiana, did you bother to read the first line of my post?

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge, the story is only making us realise that Jesus (or God) is always there for us in every situation.

(1) (Reply)

Clear Evidence 2 Show Dat God Exists. / This Is What I Worship! / From Ishtar To Eostre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.