Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt (31736 Views)

The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment / The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) / The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by atlwireles: 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
[s]
Abagworo:
This looks mischievous to me. Most roads get flooded during and immediately after heavy rain. We can only declare it a disaster if it persists 24 hours later on a flat, marshy terrain like Odili road.
[/s]

Endless crap from a fraudster like you.

1 Like

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by anonimi: 1:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
SpotlezDonald25:
Ewwww!! Nsogbu!! atleast its motorable, go to Aba and see wonders. God go help us. Amen

Do you know exactly HOW God will actually help us since we are mentally LAZY black people who praise, adore, celebrate and promote our leaders looters who continue to DEPRIVE us of basic things like road, education for all children, clinics, tap water etc that should generate EMPLOYMENT for our youths instead of crossing the dessert and Mediterranean Sea to become voluntary slaves in Europe and America?

Please look at the picture below of the French Revolution how the head of King Louis XVI was chopped off by a guillotine and kindly identify God there.
Thanks.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by decentmums247(f): 1:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
omaniblog:
bad

Do you have a business idea and no capital to start, are you tired of your current financial predicaments, do you desire financial freedom, think no further. connect with rich and influential sugar mummies from all part of Nigeria and start smiling with good fortune. just call Adewole Kate on 08038234344 to get connected today.

1 Like

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by babadem2much(m): 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
and Odili was once there. God help us

sammyp01:
Odili road for that matter.sad
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by DiegoNakel(m): 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
decentmums247:

Do you have a business idea and no capital to start, are you tired of your current financial predicaments, do you desire financial freedom, think no further. connect with rich and influential sugar mummies from all part of nigeria and start smilling with good fortunes. just call our agent on 08038234344.....................
Chisos !!! shocked
decentmums247:

Do you have a business idea and no capital to start, are you tired of your current financial predicaments, do you desire financial freedom, think no further. connect with rich and influential sugar mummies from all part of nigeria and start smilling with good fortunes. just call our agent on 08038234344.....................
Chisos !!!
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by 1God: 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
May God safe us from these PEN ROBBERS.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by cool318(m): 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
This one is even mild, @OP you need to visit Obigbo/Oyigbo. if your car didnt Tumble as a result of Gulies & huge Craters on the road, your bumpa will surely go off. PH to Aba that was being charged 250-300, is now 600-1000 naira. Because of bad road. Govt is concentrating on PH city neglecting the Suburbs.

1 Like

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by tommykiwi(m): 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
Keneking:
Wike sef
what av Wike done now? Amaechi dat was dere for years now didn't he see it? So don't blame Wike for it.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Dontbeused: 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
1st is it a federal road or state?
Wike cannot just venture into such road without d FG..der ar so many bureaucracy involved.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by MadCow1: 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
ifeanyija:
what about ameachi? I thought he did all the roads in PH

Amaechi didnt touch Odili road because it was not in a bad state under his Government. But since he (Amaechi) started work on the Garrison -Elelenwo road, traffic on Odili road increased exponentially and coupled with the number of Heavy Duty machinery companies now on Odili road, the road deteriorated in record time.

If Wike dares to start work on Odili road now, the entire Trans Amadi would be in deep shiit as the other Roads started by Amaechi are currently in a heavy state of Construction and quite impassable.

What amazes me is that Wike sent Julius Berger onto Odili road to fix the few patches on it and all Julius did was to pour stones into the holes and abandon them. Not just Odili road but places like the Nzimiro Aba road intersection as well.

1 Like

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by cold(m): 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
Is that Odili road or Odili river?

2 Likes

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by bmos(m): 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
JewelRegi:
Wike, work dey o.

Amaechi must have slept all through his tenure especially regarding road maintenance.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by MadCow1: 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
Dontbeused:
1st is it a federal road or state?
Wike cannot just venture into such road without d FG..der ar so many bureaucracy involved.

It's It's a state road.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by sukkot: 1:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
awon ti pracot ni yen
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Rotimi47: 1:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
skylarr:
We've been hearing of how much gov.Wike has been working in Rivers state. Personally, i' m yet to feel this impact in my area angry Therefore, i' m hoping his 30 billion in 30 days will do something on this road before it becomes a river undecided
The attached pictures are of Odili road today.
Odili Road is now something else after Ameachi left office, people tend to drive against traffic just to beat traffic even when it's not raining, eleme junction is another bottle neck. These roads are getting worse every day not to even talk of heaps of garbage littering many areas in Port Harcourt. Wike need to do something about all these.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by CSTR2: 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
Under normal circumstances, amaechi should bear the brunt of the public outcry.
Eight years as governor of one of Nigeria's richest state and the roads are still this bad.
Wike is just settling down and already looks more promising.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Onyenna(m): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
ochimiri!
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
See as the water clean,wallahi if some abokiis dey that area dem for dey swim inside,some villages dey use this kind water cook sef..choi na to move come that area start pure water business.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
drainages are blocked or something...
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
To me I don't think that bad because it was still raining..............It doesn't show as if there's any pothole there.
Abagworo:
This looks mischievous to me. Most roads get flooded during and immediately after heavy rain. We can only declare it a disaster if it persists 24 hours later on a flat, marshy terrain like Odili road.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Jamb2016Expo: 1:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by darlenese(f): 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
There's nothing wrong with the road ,
The average Nigerian road is always like this during the raining season,
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by JJBROS(m): 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
THEM GO CARRY U FOR MOTOR NO BI CAR OO BUT YOU GO DEY SNAP PICTURE UP AND DOWN.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by mbulela: 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
MadCow1:
OP which side of Odili road is that cos I have never witnessed any flooding on that road and thats my everyday route.

Secondly, Odili road is swamp ground and has relatively stood firm for years since it was built except for a few patches here and there that just developed.

Amaechi's administration didn't work on that road cos it wasn't in critical condition for the better part of his administration.

That said, there was a trouble spot at the Sasun Hotel intersection with Odili road that Wike sent Julius Berger to patch. Julius just filled the patch with stones and left it like that and it's currently bad again.

What baffles me is that the only roads under construction currently in Port Harcourt are roads started by Amaechi like: Garrison - Elelenwo road, Ada George road and Iwofe road.. All Wike has done is use Julius Berger for road patching works which is just utterly ridiculous as you and I know that Amaechi dumped Julius Berger for other Companies like RCC and Setraco because of their price.

So far, Wikes government seems to be more focused with chasing Amaechi's shadow than actually working in the state. Amaechi has done his part, we are yet to see what 30 billion Naira has done in Rivers State.

Imagine using Julius Berger for road patching? And with borrowed funds o!
What is the state ministry of works doing?
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Tapout(m): 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
I pass that road everyday, there's nothing wrong with it, blame it on the poor drainage system
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by lonelydora: 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
How much is your house rent? In 2013, they told me 750k for 2 bedroom. No him I run. Later heard one NLNG guy came and paid for 2 years
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Joshroyal: 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
maddest:
A Tout for a Governor. It seem Rivers state people have affinity for thugs as leaders.
My NYSC State allawee still dey pending for two years now.
There is God
idiot is Wike that is owing u.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by dandollaz: 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
MadCow1:
OP which side of Odili road is that cos I have never witnessed any flooding on that road and thats my everyday route.

Secondly, Odili road is swamp ground and has relatively stood firm for years since it was built except for a few patches here and there that just developed.

Amaechi's administration didn't work on that road cos it wasn't in critical condition for the better part of his administration.

That said, there was a trouble spot at the Sasun Hotel intersection with Odili road that Wike sent Julius Berger to patch. Julius just filled the patch with stones and left it like that and it's currently bad again.

What baffles me is that the only roads under construction currently in Port Harcourt are roads started by Amaechi like: Garrison - Elelenwo road, Ada George road and Iwofe road.. All Wike has done is use Julius Berger for road patching works which is just utterly ridiculous as you and I know that Amaechi dumped Julius Berger for other Companies like RCC and Setraco because of their price.

So far, Wikes government seems to be more focused with chasing Amaechi's shadow than actually working in the state. Amaechi has done his part, we are yet to see what 30 billion Naira has done in Rivers State.
your hatred for wike has blinded you finally.if u think wike will abandon ameachi unfinish jobs then u must be kidding urself,bring back julius berger is the best thing wike did than all these setraco n co that construct 30% and run to next.the last time i pass odili road few months ago its in good condition.meanwhile the is no city in nija with no flood.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by delegiwa(m): 2:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
skylarr:
We've been hearing of how much gov.Wike has been working in Rivers state. Personally, i' m yet to feel this impact in my area angry Therefore, i' m hoping his 30 billion in 30 days will do something on this road before it becomes a river undecided
The attached pictures are of Odili road today.

Odili Road is amongst my daily routes and I know this problematic, flood prone spot very well. I don't know when this pix was taken but I know that the very bad stretch before this spot has been graded. I am sure this spot will also be taken care of. For those that don't know, Odili Road is a stretch of road that starts from Amadi Roundabout and tapers off (for now) by Azuabie/Okuru Road and it is 98% good. Just showing a bad portion of a long stretch of road just to shout will not help us in Rivers State. Go to Trans Amadi and take pictures of the on-going work. Go to Ogbunabali and see for yourself. Work just started there today by JB. That stretch of Psychiatric Road that was left bad by Amaechi and Okocha cos the Ikwerre peopl there were and are still pro-Wike is about to receive attention by JB and these are just the ones I know about.

With the way Wike is going, the N30b may just child's play....
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by chichriso: 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
Op you are very stupid, why didn't ur Looter Amaechi that stayed 8years fixed that road?

I pray that you get instant sense in Jesus' Name...

CHIchriso SAid::::: CLICK MY SIGNATURES
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by nwagbunaese(f): 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
My Dear...
The flood is between that restopark fuel station and lesuka bar, i passed there yestaday evening and it was terrible.
I tink no proper drainage in that area.
MadCow1:

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
CARLOSZ:
He'll work on the road soon.

Odili road is just one of the many failed roads in rivers state, we Oyigbo, Eleme road, etche and a host of other forgotten roads.
For those of you buying used cars from ph, beware, cos you will have serious flood damage and corrosion problems to fix later as these cars are daily exposed to the elements.
Consider any car purchased from ph as scrap, dont mind the shiny body, the real damage is hidden beneath. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Departs Nigeria For China On A Weeklong Official Visit (photos) / Lagos Constructs Pedestrian Bridge At Berger, Ojodu / Bunmi Ojo Buried Amid Tears In Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.