Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt (31741 Views)

The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment / The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) / The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by CARLOSZ: 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
kaeforum:

Odili road is just one of the many failed roads in rivers state, we Oyigbo, Eleme road, etche and a host of other forgotten roads.
For those of you buying used cars from ph, beware, cos you will have serious flood damage and corrosion problems to fix later as these cars are daily exposed to the elements.
Consider any car purchased from ph as scrap, dont mind the shiny body, the real damage is hidden beneath. angry

Ok, thanks
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by VANENON(f): 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
brunofarad:
I pass here everyday to my sites in ph
This is pathetic I must say...

Odili road was a very sweet access road in ph but bad maintenance culture brought us here.

My name is francis
Check my signature to know us better.

Seconded its in a sorry state and this is one of our major roads.
I am not blaming Wike as the road was already going bad but I am requesting he addresses it immediately before it gets worse.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by delegiwa(m): 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
Rotimi47:
Odili Road is now something else after Ameachi left office, people tend to drive against traffic just to beat traffic even when it's not raining, eleme junction is another bottle neck. These roads are getting worse every day not to even talk of heaps of garbage littering many areas in Port Harcourt. Wike need to do something about all these.

The on-going construction of Trans Amadi and blockage of the link road/bridge that joined LNG roundabout to Nkpogu road due to construction are the major reasons traffic increased on Odili road. Once that link road is opened, traffic will be less and will totally disappear when Trans Amadi is completed.

The garbage issue is well noted. However, you will agree with me that the number of visible heaps have reduced as more contractors are being signed on...

It will surely get better...
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by HopeAtHand: 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
cool318:
This one is even mild, @OP you need to visit Obigbo/Oyigbo. if your car didnt Tumble as a result of Gulies & huge Craters on the road, your bumpa will surely go off. PH to Aba that was being charged 250-300, is now 600-1000 naira. Because of bad road. Govt is concentrating on PH city neglecting the Suburbs.

No development in Oyigbo for now until Oyigbo is rid of biafran elememts.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by MadCow1: 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
dandollaz:

your hatred for wike has blinded you finally.if u think wike will abandon ameachi unfinish jobs then u must be kidding urself,bring back julius berger is the best thing wike did than all these setraco n co that construct 30% and run to next.the last time i pass odili road few months ago its in good condition.meanwhile the is no city in nija with no flood.

What hatred are you speaking of? Are you sure you read and understood my post?

What did I say that was a lie or showed Hatred for Wike?

Of course he (Wike) would be extremely daft if he dares to stop Amaechi's road works because Amaechi's road works are very critical to Port Harcourt 's economy. Example being Trans-Amadi road.

Setraco that you say abandons roads are the Contractors that built Stadium - Omerelu road. MCC built and delivered Stadium road. Setraco (I believe built and delivered Npkogu/Nwaja road) so which road can you accuse them of abandoning?

I have lived on Odili road for the better part of Ten years and my family own multiple properties on that stretch and I already said it that the road has stood the test of time and only got bad recently due to increased traffic on the road and the many Heavy machinery companies on that road. I also pointed out that Odili road area is mostly Swamp land and when it rains, water comes from under ground and floods streets but I have never seen it affect the main road.

But why would Wike send Julius Berger to go pour stones in the potholes instead of fully rebuilding the road or doing a proper patch work? The place Julius poured the stones has deteriorated to it previous condition. Infact the other areas that were manuverable previously (like near Lesukaa) are now worse after Julius Berger visited the road. So bad traffic now merges to one lane to avoid the potholes.

I don't hate Wike. I just don't trust him based on his history from his days as Obio Apkor LGA Chairman. I like Amaechi (now) because of his works in the state which are still ongoing in some areas. I am not a politician nor do I make money from the Government. I just evaluate things how I see them and so far, Wike has done fuckall in Port Harcourt.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by agrovick(m): 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
ELTON123:
just negodu undecided
Abeg wetin negodu mean
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by delegiwa(m): 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2015
VANENON:

Seconded its in a sorry state and this is one of our major roads.
I am not blaming Wike as the road was already going bad but I am requesting he addresses it immediately before it gets worse.

What we are asking may not be feasible now as every traffic is routed towards Odili Road cos of the on-going construction on Trans Amadi and the blockage of that bridge close to LNG junction. As soon as that bridge is free and that Slaughter portion of Trans Amadi is completed,, you will notice a fairer traffic on Odili Road...

2 Likes

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by ELTON123(m): 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
agrovick:
Abeg wetin negodu mean
just look at
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by MadCow1: 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
nwagbunaese:
My Dear...
The flood is between that restopark fuel station and lesuka bar, i passed there yestaday evening and it was terrible.
I tink no proper drainage in that area.

Odili road actually has a gutter that runs from Amadi Ama roundabout to Slaughter.

The problem are the Canals in the area that have been blocked of. If only Wike would have the type of balls Amaechi had when he cleared up the Canals of GRA/Mummy B road area.. Many houses have to go down on that Odili road area.

If you purchase a land near that Lesukaa area, you will spend a stack of money to fill the land as you are buying water.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by delegiwa(m): 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
[b][/b]
MadCow1:

Of course he (Wike) would be extremely daft if he dares to stop Amaechi's road works because Amaechi's road works are very critical to Port Harcourt 's economy. Example being Trans-Amadi road.

Setraco that you say abandons roads are the Contractors that built Stadium - Omerelu road. MCC built and delivered Stadium road. Setraco (I believe built and delivered Npkogu/Nwaja road) so which road can you accuse them of abandoning?

I have lived on Odili road for the better part of Ten years and my family own multiple properties on that stretch and I already said it that the road has stood the test of time and only got bad recently due to increased traffic on the road and the many Heavy machinery companies on that road. I also pointed out that Odili road area is mostly Swamp land and when it rains, water comes from under ground and floods streets but I have never seen it affect the main road.

But why would Wike send Julius Berger to go pour stones in the potholes instead of fully rebuilding the road or doing a proper patch work? The place Julius poured the stones has deteriorated to it previous condition. Infact the other areas that were manuverable previously (like near Lesukaa) are now worse after Julius Berger visited the road. So bad traffic now merges to one lane to avoid the potholes.

I don't hate Wike. I just don't trust him based on his history from his days as Obio Apkor LGA Chairman. I like Amaechi (now) because of his works in the state which are still ongoing in some areas. I am not a politician nor do I make money from the Government. I just evaluate things how I see them and so far, Wike has done fuckall in Port Harcourt.

That portion near Lesuka was going bad due to the concentration of traffic as Trans Amadi was not passable any more. What Julius Berger did was like a 'palliative' to ease the congestion caused by that spot. I can assure you that a more durable action will be taken there. Odili Road na our axis na.

[b]
MadCow1:

[/b]
MadCow1:

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by MadCow1: 2:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
delegiwa:
[b][/b]

That portion near Lesuka was going bad due to the concentration of traffic as Trans Amadi was not passable any more. What Julius Berger did was like a 'palliative' to ease the congestion caused by that spot. I can assure you that a more durable action will be taken there. Odili Road na our axis na.

But you agree that the place got worse after Julius Visited.

1 Like

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by agrovick(m): 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
ELTON123:
just look at
Hahahaha, thanks
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
That is not Odili road but Dakuku peter/River side.

But Governor Nyesom Wike will work the road for the ungrateful citizens like the author of this article.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Musicminista(m): 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
DiegoNakel:
Dewi cum nd bulame sai baba !!! Watch and see
But I thought is was his boy Amechi that governed for how many years? What happened? Is wike to blamed for this or amechi?
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by breakeven: 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
Uhmm River state. Despite all the allocations. Ameachi where are you? You too talking of probing others? Its well o!
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by sotyuzono(m): 3:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
maddest:
A Tout for a Governor. It seem Rivers state people have affinity for thugs as leaders.
My NYSC State allawee still dey pending for two years now.
There is God
Tell us hw much ur state is paying corpers.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by xest(m): 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2015
Why didnt that thief amaechi fin the road? Instead of Building a mono rail dt he didnt complete. OP shut ur mouth up and call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by dozai: 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
skylarr:

See what years of bad governance has done to you. So it's okay to have flooded roads for 24 hours? We can sit back at home while the water finds its way or our cars can wade through it, right? Comments like this make me worry about the future of this country.

All Wike need to do is introduce proper drainage channels on that part of the road finish. Na my area be that. The surfacing of the road is still in good shape
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by delegiwa(m): 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
MadCow1:

But you agree that the place got worse after Julius Visited.

Did it? I don't think so.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by oganology33(m): 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
skylarr:
We've been hearing of how much gov.Wike has been working in Rivers state. Personally, i' m yet to feel this impact in my area angry Therefore, i' m hoping his 30 billion in 30 days will do something on this road before it becomes a river undecided
The attached pictures are of Odili road today.
How will u feel his impact wen ur busy searching in a dark room for a black cat that is not even in d room. Dat road wldn't have been lyk dat if our stupid X-gov. has concentrated on governance rather dan politics. because he borrowed 30bil. so he shld work all the roads in Rivers State, no, Nigeria.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by SpotlezDonald25(m): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
anonimi:

Do you know exactly HOW God will actually help us since we are mentally LAZY black people who praise, adore, celebrate and promote our leaders looters who continue to DEPRIVE us of basic things like road, education for all children, clinics, tap water etc that should generate EMPLOYMENT for our youths instead of crossing the dessert and Mediterranean Sea to become voluntary slaves in Europe and America?

Please look at the picture below of the French Revolution how the head of King Louis XVI was chopped off by a guillotine and kindly identify God there.
Thanks.

Ok thnk u
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by ejikemiwwo(m): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
Instead of amaechi to fix all d bad roads in phc, he chose to waste and steal billions on monorail project. So painful*
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
MadCow1:
OP which side of Odili road is that cos I have never witnessed any flooding on that road and thats my everyday route.

Secondly, Odili road is swamp ground and has relatively stood firm for years since it was built except for a few patches here and there that just developed.

Amaechi's administration didn't work on that road cos it wasn't in critical condition for the better part of his administration.

That said, there was a trouble spot at the Sasun Hotel intersection with Odili road that Wike sent Julius Berger to patch. Julius just filled the patch with stones and left it like that and it's currently bad again.

What baffles me is that the only roads under construction currently in Port Harcourt are roads started by Amaechi like: Garrison - Elelenwo road, Ada George road and Iwofe road.. All Wike has done is use Julius Berger for road patching works which is just utterly ridiculous as you and I know that Amaechi dumped Julius Berger for other Companies like RCC and Setraco because of their price.

So far, Wikes government seems to be more focused with chasing Amaechi's shadow than actually working in the state. Amaechi has done his part, we are yet to see what 30 billion Naira has done in Rivers State.

I am rather impressed with Wike's decision not to embark on new projects but rather finish remnants of projects started by Amaechi. I drove through Oroworukwo today and was happy he continued with the work there.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by JewelRegi(f): 7:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
bmos:

Amaechi must have slept all through his tenure especially regarding road maintenance.

Amaechi didn't do much about the roads.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by stpat1(m): 7:39pm On Sep 04, 2015
MadCow1:
OP which side of Odili road is that cos I have never witnessed any flooding on that road and thats my everyday route.

Secondly, Odili road is swamp ground and has relatively stood firm for years since it was built except for a few patches here and there that just developed.

Amaechi's administration didn't work on that road cos it wasn't in critical condition for the better part of his administration.

That said, there was a trouble spot at the Sasun Hotel intersection with Odili road that Wike sent Julius Berger to patch. Julius just filled the patch with stones and left it like that and it's currently bad again.

What baffles me is that the only roads under construction currently in Port Harcourt are roads started by Amaechi like: Garrison - Elelenwo road, Ada George road and Iwofe road.. All Wike has done is use Julius Berger for road patching works which is just utterly ridiculous as you and I know that Amaechi dumped Julius Berger for other Companies like RCC and Setraco because of their price.

So far, Wikes government seems to be more focused with chasing Amaechi's shadow than actually working in the state. Amaechi has done his part, we are yet to see what 30 billion Naira has done in Rivers State.

I'm so happy that you spoke the truth without being biased. Let someone show me a road that has been constructed by Wike or dualised.
I tell you, after 4 years, Amaechi will be greatly missed. I am sincerely praying that shouldn't be the case though cos na the citizens go suffer pass.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
This Abagworo grin
Do you really re-read what you write before you click the submit button. I advise you proofread for sense in your post before submitting.

It's a disaster if it persists for even ' one minute'!!! angry

Abagworo:
This looks mischievous to me. Most roads get flooded during and immediately after heavy rain. We can only declare it a disaster if it persists 24 hours later on a flat, marshy terrain like Odili road.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Sogan44(m): 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
maddest:
A Tout for a Governor. It seem Rivers state people have affinity for thugs as leaders.
There is God
If you don't know wat to say just shut up, dats just a small part of Odili road and am sure My able gov NEW will take care of it very soon
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by fergus0n: 10:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
Come to aba where u cross road with canoe
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by guiddoti: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
maddest:
There is God
thugs don swallow diz one.
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by guiddoti: 11:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
Sogan44:

If you don't know wat to say just shut up, dats just a small part of Odili road and am sure My able gov NEW will take care of it very soon
daydreamimg thug master go du an really
Re: Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt by Nobody: 5:10am On Sep 05, 2015
skylarr:

See what years of bad governance has done to you. So it's okay to have flooded roads for 24 hours? We can sit back at home while the water finds its way or our cars can wade through it, right? Comments like this make me worry about the future of this country.
But u have been waiting for over eight years so the complain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari's Outfit For The Ogun 40th Anniversary Celebration Today (Pics) / Zahra Buhari And Her Mother, Aisha, At Her Henna Ceremony / Adeyemi Banire (SAN) Visits Tinubu In London (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.