Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) (53197 Views)

Speeding Bus Crashes Into A Betting Shop, Destroys Everything Inside. Photos / Vehicle Falls Into A Ditch On Lagos-Benin Road, All Passengers Dead (Photos) / Young Shall Grow Bus Rams Into Fuel Tanker On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by ojsamuel(m): 9:57am On Sep 04, 2015
This is sad!
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Rexyl(m): 9:58am On Sep 04, 2015
Hardly a day passed without cases of crashes on the roads and in the air. What could have been reason for this? Curse or what? May the blood of redemption spill over our lands and put an end to crashes and untimely death.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Nicepoker(m): 9:58am On Sep 04, 2015
hahn:
Bad roads! Bad roads! Bad roads!
he was speeding along a bad road right? My friend go up there and read again. This time very slowly.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Toks2008(m): 10:00am On Sep 04, 2015
Drkul:
God have mercy
Some of these accidents could be a result of reckless drivers, bad roads. Portharcourt owerri road is very very very bad. Govt and the villagers need to do something about that road.
May God protect us from accidents. May their soul rest in peace

I keep telling people.

This world is not our home but a temporary abode and we can be called home at anytime without prior notice.To humans death is painful but to GOD its home coming and everyone must leave this world in one way or the other so the best you can do is do the needful and accept Jesus as your lord and savior this moment so that when the trumpet of your life sounds,you won't be found wanting and end up in hell with satan and the demons.

Here are 10good reasons why you must not miss heaven.

https://www.nairaland.com/2563215/10-amazing-reasons-why-must

2 Likes

Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Originalsly: 10:01am On Sep 04, 2015
hahn:
Can one be driving that fast on a bad road to crash and kill 11 people?

1 Like

Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by loomer: 10:02am On Sep 04, 2015
You enter bus wahala, train problem, plane na calamity. If u use okada, na disaster, if u trek, dem go kidnap you.

Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Nicepoker(m): 10:03am On Sep 04, 2015
fortunechy:
TRUCK AGAIN TODAY??NAWA OOOO,THIS IS BECUMIN TOO MUCH NAH
go bck and read once more.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by mavinc4u(f): 10:05am On Sep 04, 2015
R.I.P to the dead. Over Speeding Kills more than any other thing.

Meanwhile can APC and PDP tell us why there are so much death in Nigeria this year or is God telling us something?
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by stanley000: 10:08am On Sep 04, 2015
hmmmm,welcome to the ember month...lots of laughter and sadness too
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by rasheedmalik113: 10:10am On Sep 04, 2015
Rip onimoto rara sare onimoto rara ni coner yan fesho jaye onimoto
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Rexnegro(m): 10:10am On Sep 04, 2015
Drkul:
God have mercy
Some of these accidents could be a result of reckless drivers, bad roads. Portharcourt owerri road is very very very bad. Govt and the villagers need to do something about that road.
Amen in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Seawhy(m): 10:12am On Sep 04, 2015
God, pls help us during these 'ember' months.
May their soul rest in peace - Amen.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by fortunejum: 10:18am On Sep 04, 2015
Ember months accident is getting at of hand. We need to pray earnestly for God's intervention. RIP to the dead.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by IdaraCHODB(m): 10:28am On Sep 04, 2015
Does speed kill? No because anything faster than zero is speed.

What kills is speed without control.

One can drive fast but drive well, one can also drive slow but bad.

One can also drive fast and bad, and one can also drive slow but good.

If you doubt it why do we have accidents driving slower than 100.

I thought all accidents occur when you drive faster than 100.

But that is not the case, the best drivers know that its not how fast you can move, its how fast you can stop.

So they may drive fast, but apply common sense and slow down when necessary and speed up when its sensible and reasonable.

It does not make sense to drive fast all the time and it does not make sense to drive slow all the time either.

Its striking a balance between when to move slow and when to move fast and being guided by the principle that life is a gift, so at all times, the key driving principle is to do nothing that puts life or limb at stake.

Its not merely a matter of driving at 100 or below.

That argument is too simplistic to be sensible because there have been documented fatal accidents and accidents causing disability when the speed was less than 100.

http://www.speedskills.co.uk/images/topgear.pdf

Speed does not kill, speed without control and common sense kills.

3 Likes

Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by streetzdreamz(m): 10:40am On Sep 04, 2015
Years back, I thought accidents were caused by mainly mechanical errors and bad road networks,but reverse
is the case, human error is the cause of 98% of most accidents if the statistics is properly done, overspeeding and I don't care attitudes by most drivers, at the end they sniff life outa their innocent passengers, we need a re-orientation as regards life in this country,everything else's will be put in place once we value the breath in us, rip to the dead.

3 Likes

Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by clemz85(m): 10:48am On Sep 04, 2015
God keep my brother safe,
he drives in that company, he wrote ECOWAS bold at d the front

1 Like

Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Barbienice(f): 10:54am On Sep 04, 2015
Lord have mercy.Rip to the dead.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by ogundeleai(m): 10:55am On Sep 04, 2015
Apparently there's no different between the drivers of heavy load truck and those from luxury buses.. I vividly remember last time I travel to east in one of the buses and it was prayer for safely from terminal to destination.. Same with truck drivers who care less the nature of the road, enviroment they are driving..
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2015
Drkul:
God have mercy
It is 90% from drivers' recklessness and 5% from passengers not talking on over speeding and the rest on bad roads and other drivers.

2 Likes

Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by freeage7(m): 11:10am On Sep 04, 2015
You don't need to mention the company's name in your reports. Poor journalism.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by justice1000: 11:13am On Sep 04, 2015
d rate of accident in Nigeria is becoming sumtin else, in high ways persongers will not caution drivers wen over speeding
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by richiepolymer(m): 11:25am On Sep 04, 2015
stephenduru:
Eleven passengers and driver  have been confirmed dead after a 16-seater Young Shall Grow Motors with registration number EKY 733 XD crashed  in a road accident into a truck in Benin yesterday.

The fatal accident occurred at about 1pm along Benin by pass.The driver of the Young Shall Grow Motors and 11 passengers died on the spot while other people were severely injured.

According to a Trezzy Blog reader who sent the photos, the driver of the Young Shall Grow Motors bus was speeding while on his way to the Eastern part of Nigeria from Lagos before he lost control of the vehicle while trying to avoid oncoming SUV.In the process,he crashed into a truck parked by the roadside.
Almost everybody in the vehicle died except 4 people that were severely injured.The injured people were rushed to a nearby hospital.

Source:  http://trezzy2..com/2015/09/fatal-accident-in-benindriver11.html

truth is, FRSC needs to commence compulsory refresher courses for commercial drivers. At least quarterly. All transport companies should support it. I've seen too many road accidents this year. I've escaped many partly because I gave the drivers tough time during those journeys. you need to see how careless our drivers are. Some think they are driving bumblebee or optimus prime, some others have no idea of highway codes. some also don't know that no Nigerian road actually has a speed limit above 80km/hr. some overtake at bends thinking they have 6 eyes. the witches and wizard factor comes last. finally I implore every passenger to always be vigilant and drive the vehicle with the driver. Don't sleep off and place your life in the driver's hands to play formula 1 with.
*just my 2 pence suggestion

1 Like

Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 04, 2015
God have mercy, I just traveled through that road day before yesterday. I thank God for a journey mercy in my life.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by whatofyou: 11:50am On Sep 04, 2015
What are we still waiting for the re-introduction of speed limits and its enforcement on drivers and riders alike? There should be periodic assessment of our drivers and vehicles in the commercial transport sector. Commercial driving should not be the last resort of people who can't find the job of their dreams. Like medical doctors, these drivers and riders are daily entrusted with precious lives so they should be certified from F.R.S.C. standard driving schools. Prevention will always be better than weeping.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 04, 2015
justice1000:
d rate of accident in Nigeria is becoming sumtin else, in high ways persongers will not caution drivers wen over speeding
Omo...my trip from 9th mile to Jos last time was terrifying. The driver would leave his lane with all d speed in this world. When we protested he said we were too weak and fearful. Omo, it got to a point we screamed and raised hell, he said he was doing all that to beat darkness, that his head lamps were faulty and at the rate we wanted it..anywhere darkness fell...all men to himself. We agreed! Imagine wasting two hrs looking for a mechanic known only to the company owner to get on new tyres at obollo affor and all that at our own lives.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 04, 2015
hazyfm:
JEEEZZZ!! shocked shocked shocked

EMBER MONTH ONE HAS TO PRAY HARDER

GOD SAVE US ALL

Nothing like ember month there abeg. Or has accident not been happening since January? What do you expect when you combine reckless drivers + bad roads + poor vehicle condition + negligence to traffic rules and regulations?

One happened few days ago along the ever busy Calabar-Itu Road involving about four heavy duty trucks. Mehn, the scene of it was so horrific. Wonder how they even managed to drive to end in such fatal collision.

May God save us pls.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by SolomonAdeola: 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
hahn:

Fvck bad roads jor! These drivers overspeed! They ply these roads everyday, yet they drive as if their fathers made the roads.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by tojahh(m): 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
No Govt will send condolences to the families of these deceased.

But an Helicopter crashed and it was all over the news, and media pages for days... Even the president sending a personal condolence note to the families of the deceased. Makes me to wonder if 'lives' are truly equal before us.

RIP to the dead...

Say no to over speeding and over confidence.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by emoo4: 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
sorry state. was at the scene yesterday. ..... Didn't. even know this number lost their lives. we were on the other lane. God have mercy. speed without control is dangerous. make sure you can control the car everytime you drive RIP to the dead.
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
I gues the 4 people who survived were those seated behind
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
so sad...
Re: Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) by j4sure(m): 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
God have mercy ooooooooooooooooooooo

stephenduru:
Eleven passengers and driver  have been confirmed dead after a 16-seater Young Shall Grow Motors with registration number EKY 733 XD crashed  in a road accident into a truck in Benin yesterday.

The fatal accident occurred at about 1pm along Benin by pass.The driver of the Young Shall Grow Motors and 11 passengers died on the spot while other people were severely injured.

According to a Trezzy Blog reader who sent the photos, the driver of the Young Shall Grow Motors bus was speeding while on his way to the Eastern part of Nigeria from Lagos before he lost control of the vehicle while trying to avoid oncoming SUV.In the process,he crashed into a truck parked by the roadside.
Almost everybody in the vehicle died except 4 people that were severely injured.The injured people were rushed to a nearby hospital.

Source:  http://trezzy2..com/2015/09/fatal-accident-in-benindriver11.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) / Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home / Niger Bridge Is Shaking.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.