Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. (12633 Views)

Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka / Southwest APC Bars Dino Melaye From Zone / South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by BishopMagic: 8:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
[size=28pt]Sophisticated Frog politicking [/size]

reeeeeeebit 10.0

10 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by c33b33(m): 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
Lol..Frog.
I want the frog to remain in that beaker,let the water get heated.
political sophistication?hahaha and you still slave for gworo man.
IPOB Youth

7 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by BishopMagic: 8:37pm On Sep 04, 2015

Frog having a cup of slowly warmed tea

17 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by BishopMagic: 10:09am On Jan 01, 2016
Today, the sophisticated frauds are clamouring for a suspension of the constitution and rule of law to give their king sweeping powers

Today, the frogs are defending the massacre of defenseless civilians by the military

I wonder how long before the frog will start to feel the heat

Myopic people

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by anticabal1: 11:23am On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic:
To further elaborate on the collective myopia and lab frog state of the SW; it is only the SW that is oblivious of the slow burning of this country.
There has been effectively a war in the northeast for 6 yrs now and a slow genocide is currently on going in the middle-belt.

Every other people in the south other than the Yorubas are worried about what is going on in the country. The yorubas like that fat frog sitting in that lukewarm water that is slowly being heated up, does not feel concerned because they are oblivious to what is going on.

So when they scream one Nijeriya I am usually dumbfounded at what they are talking about.

The frog theory has been used by the north against the SW in the past.

MKO Abiola was a fat frog that was slowly lured by the north only for him to end up boiled.

Tinubu another frog is oblivious of the north scheming him out and by extension the entire southwest.

The SW frogs are also not bothered with Buhari's lopsided appointments which is obviously leaning to the north.

Most yorubas i know are already tired of the govt. A family friend who is yoruba and retired from the NPA usually get his pension on 28th of every month during GEJ's time yet he was rabidly anti-GEJ and pro-Buhari.

Today he's carrying placards everyday at NPA office and asking buhari to pay them their pensions which has been suspended TILL FURTHER NOTICE. He now hates hearing about Buhari.
Only the e-yorubas here are pretending that all is well, majority are paid posters on lai mohammed's payroll.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by anticabal1: 11:25am On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic:
Today, the sophisticated frauds are clamouring for a suspension of the constitution and rule of law to give their king sweeping powers

Today, the frogs are defending the massacre of defenseless civilians by the military

Myopic people

The frog will definitely feel the heat. Give it time.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by BishopMagic: 11:28am On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:

Most yorubas i know are already tired of the govt. A family friend who is yoruba and retired from the NPA usually get his pension on 28th of every month during GEJ's time. He was rabidly anti-GEJ and pro-Buhari. Today he's carrying placards everyday at NPA office and asking buhari to pay them their pensions which has been suspended TILL FURTHER NOTICE. He now hates hearing about Buhari.
Only the e-yorubas here are pretending that all is well, majority are paid posters on lai mohammed payroll.

Lolz.

The same thing I witness here.

The industry I work is full of yorubas who hated Jonathan. Today that sector is seeing a 10 year low and all the artisan unskilled labourers and service providers who are mostly yoruba are not finding it funny

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by BishopMagic: 11:28am On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:

But by then it will be to late for the frog

14 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by kayfra: 11:29am On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic:
Any of you who had the privilege of a descent secondary school education will understand the "frog in water" theory.

The Frog in water theory stems from the lab experiments done in biological classes to show how cold blooded reptiles depend on their surroundings for warmth.

It basically involves two stages;

The first stage involves putting the frog in a beaker of hot water. Naturally the frog jumps out of the beaker due to the hot temperatures.

The second stage involves placing the frog in a beaker of cold water and slowly heating it up on a Bunsen burner. Remarkably the frog just sits there oblivious of what is going on. It will continue in this state of oblivion until it dies from the steaming water.

Now, when we apply this frog in water theory in our political landscape I see only parallels with the SW political class and general populace who never see beyond their noses.

It usually takes sweeping and drastic changes for the SW electorate to react just like the frog when placed in hot water but the SW is usually oblivious to slow and latent changes.

For how can we reconcile how the SW will suddenly again root for Buhari after 3 decades? The last time Buhari arrived on the political scene, he was supported heavily in the SW because at that time Shagari's govt was so vilified by the SW press that any "change" no matter how undemocratic or unconstitutional was welcomed.

Fast forward to present day and we can see how a well oiled propaganda machinery steered the SW voting block back to buhari.

They were made to believe that Buhari has since repented (this is the cold water stage) and can not act despotically in a democratic setting.

But since Buhari was sworn in he has never even bothered to tour the SW and show his gratitude for the enormous and crucial support they lent him. It is obvious that the SW press and media consultants were able to re-brand an old duara goat like Buhari to appear as a docile sheep.

Now that Buhari is slowly showing the SW that a despot at 40 is a despot for life they still cling stubbornly to the change rhetoric and Buhari's mythical puritan disposition.

The SW may never know they have entered one chance just like our frog sitting in the beaker of lukewarm water.

[img]http://sallyember.files./2014/02/frog-heat-beaker.jpg[/img]

Cutting your long story short. You have two choices:

Mr. Fortunato or General PMB?

2 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by fearNORTH: 11:34am On Jan 01, 2016
Perfect analysis that really placed the westerners in their deserved echelon.

Only a sophisticated fat frog will sit and mope while a man of MKO caliber get strangulated in detention for fighting for his mandate.

As if that was not enough, the fat frogs sat and watched with hands akimbo while MKO got his wife violently raped and strangulated under the public glare

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by HiddenShadow: 11:36am On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic:

Myopic people

Guy your presentation is brilliant

Very very soon the heat will consume them.

18 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by anticabal1: 11:37am On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic:

But by then it will be to late for the frog

Of course nature will take it's course. Buhari won't leave the seat in 2019 without dealing with some yoruba leaders like he did to awo by seizing his passport to travel for medicals which hastened his death.
No fulani despot have left power without jackbooting one or two yoruba leaders. They have short memories.

20 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by Bizibi(m): 11:42am On Jan 01, 2016
PAINGAIN:
Biology 101, anyways I'm all for a better southern nigeria. The north obviously is gaining from d division in the south. Igbos and yorubas and ijaw,efik,ibibio,itshekiri,urhobo should resolve issues or else we might all b fighting ourselves. And yorubas should just align themselves with d rest of the south, why do they have to b with d north,what r they gaining from that alliance because it looks like they r being short changed. For me, I just want a country without d hausas/fulanis.
a country without the north will achieve a lot in a short term......

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by Trut(m): 11:45am On Jan 01, 2016
Perfect analysis, OP you are too much.

16 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by HiddenShadow: 11:46am On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:

Most yorubas i know are already tired of the govt. A family friend who is yoruba and retired from the NPA usually get his pension on 28th of every month during GEJ's time. He was rabidly anti-GEJ and pro-Buhari. Today he's carrying placards everyday at NPA office and asking buhari to pay them their pensions which has been suspended TILL FURTHER NOTICE. He now hates hearing about Buhari.
Only the e-yorubas here are pretending that all is well, majority are paid posters on lai mohammed payroll.

Your family friend must enjoy the CHANGE he voted for.

Don't pity him because he might have voted out of ethno religious hate or rivalry

10 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by HiddenShadow: 11:49am On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:

You didn't get the biological experiment

The frog dies without feeling it.

12 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic, although your presentations are usually tribal but I must admit that they aren't devoid of harsh truth and intelligent analysis.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by HiddenShadow: 11:54am On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic:

Lolz.

The industry I work is full of yorubas who hated Jonathan. Today that sector is seeing a 10 year low and all the artisan unskilled labourers and service providers who are mostly yoruba are not finding it funny

Never waste your time praying for them

Even God will make sure they eat the CHANGE they voted for completely without any remnant left

10 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by VirginFinder: 11:54am On Jan 01, 2016
Pained,bitter and frustrated ibo losers on the loose.
Is Nnamdi Kanu Yoruba?
Is Sambo Dasuki Yoruba?
From the media chat, isnt it evident ibos are done for in the era?

What a way to start the year?
O my!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by HiddenShadow: 12:06pm On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:

Of course nature will take it's course. Buhari won't leave the seat in 2019 without dealing with some yoruba leaders like he did to awo by seizing his passport to travel for medicals which hastened his death.
No fulani despot have left power without jackbooting one or two yoruba leaders. They have short memories.

This time around it will leave their ethnic psyche bastardized beyond redemption

10 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by HiddenShadow: 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
VirginFinder:
Pained,bitter and frustrated ibo losers on the loose.
Is Nnamdi Kanu Yoruba?
Is Sambo Dasuki Yoruba?
From the media chat, isnt it evident ibos are done for in the era?

What a way to start the year?
O my!

The truth hurts

When it is Tinubu's turn to become another Buhari and he is given Dasuki/Kanu disobedience to court treatment then you will understand too late this theory.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by PentiumPro(f): 12:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
What do Igbos want - President Muhammadu Buhari ( 2015)
Frustrated people. grin

3 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 01, 2016
All I see is a frustration laced analysis from a dull IPO-Baboon called bishopmagic undecided the south east remains the least relevant in the political hemisphere of Nigeria and your hate and bile filled brains will not change your current position until u all align with the sophisticated people of the southwest to achieve political relevance. We helped Buhari to power after his several solo attempts and we have no regrets. We will vote Buhari repeatedly in 2019 while you all drown in bitterness and frustrations. It is better to align with the north than a south east region which thrives on hate and jealousy. Nnamdi Kanu will die in jail and we Yorubas are solidly behind Buhari to disobey the loopholes called court orders which people like Kanu hopes to exploit for freedom. Keep ranting. Buhari will rule you till 2023 tongue

7 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by VirginFinder: 12:52pm On Jan 01, 2016
HiddenShadow:

The truth hurts

When it is Tinubu's turn to become another Buhari and he is given Dasuki/Kanu disobedience to court treatment .

What are you guys fuming in the mouth about?

What Abiola lost, Obasanjo gained. He even installed GEJ indirectly.

Awolowo never won the presidential election.

Wait for Tinubu/another Yoruba to win a presidential election and be denied his mandate before you take to the streets in jubilation.

2 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by BishopMagic: 1:16pm On Jan 01, 2016
VirginFinder:

What are you guys fuming in the mouth about?

What Abiola lost, Obasanjo gained. He even installed GEJ indirectly.

Awolowo never won the presidential election.

Wait for Tinubu/another Yoruba to win a presidential election and be denied his mandate before you take to the streets in jubilation.

Am sorry to say this but Scenario 1 looks like it will likely happen this year.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by BishopMagic: 1:18pm On Jan 01, 2016
irunoobo:
All I see is a frustration laced analysis from a dull IPO-Baboon called bishopmagic undecided the south east remains the least relevant in the political hemisphere of Nigeria and your hate and bile filled brains will not change your current position until u all align with the sophisticated people of the southwest to achieve political relevance. We helped Buhari to power after his several solo attempts and we have no regrets. We will vote Buhari repeatedly in 2019 while you all drown in bitterness and frustrations. It is better to align with the north than a south east region which thrives on hate and jealousy. Nnamdi Kanu will die in jail and we Yorubas are solidly behind Buhari to disobey the loopholes called court orders which people like Kanu hopes to exploit for freedom. Keep ranting. Buhari will rule you till 2023 tongue

But I am not Ibo...

You see how stereotypes mislead you and how tribalism has so eating deep in you that when you see critism of your SW you automatically assume it is by an Ibo?

I guess the likes of Femi Aribasala are Ibos as well.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by BishopMagic: 1:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
WiseBully:
BishopMagic, although your presentations are usually tribal but I must admit that they aren't devoid of harsh truth and intelligent analysis.

It's called the Politically Incorrect Truth.

If you met me in person you will see I am the least tribalized Nigerian you will ever meet.

I bring the heat to the hypocrites here who are usually drawn from the Yoruba APC Muslim Squad aka YAMS!

Those guys are the real bigots.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by ckmayoca: 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
ibedun:
Wonders would never end!!!

Never thought I would ever LIKE a wailing wailer's writeup cum analysis. Not that the analysis is correct or accurate BTW, just that I like the eloquence of the analysis and the wailer's writing style. Other than that the its hogwash. There is no Nigeria without the silent power of the West - power based on intellect, logic and reason. Not gra gra like some people who have to cross a bridge to get to the land of milk and honey.

Bros sorry abeg how u go know land with milk and honey? What does such land give person? How can someone make money from such land? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:53pm On Jan 01, 2016
chigoizie7:

And now, the olodos(se) has seen were ur Sophistication(sw) has led u.

and where has our sophistication led us?

5 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by jstbeinhonest(m): 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2016
BishopMagic:

Lolz.

And i guess others arent feeling the heat.Funny thing is that you dont realise that you are in the same cylinder.

1 Like

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by BishopMagic: 2:13pm On Jan 01, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

And i guess others arent feeling the heat.Funny thing is that you dont realise that you are in the same cylinder.

The difference is that I am feeling and seeing the heat but the frogs are oblivious to it and can't seem to connect the dots.

10 Likes

Re: Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. by HiddenShadow: 2:21pm On Jan 01, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

We are not in the same cylinder

I don't expect you to understand

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: Don’t Seek Re-election, Sowore Tells Buhari / Sanusi For President In 2015? / Police & 5-man Judicial Commission Meet Ooni Of Ife Over Yoruba/Hausa Clash(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.