Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336148 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TobyAn(m): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2016
Timm:
I finally submited and had my interview done today. Thank you for all your inputs.
I forgot to submit my oanda sheet and passport photograph, I hope this will not be used against me.
I want to advise anyone who is planning to submit his/herapplication should remember to print self assessment form. I didt go with mine because I didt see it on the application website when I was filling my application. I had to pay 21naira per page at the teleperformance centre in Ikj.
.. For the OANDA sheet, it is not necessary as I believe the ECO checks this to verify themselves.... However for the passport I dont know... Fingers crossed and wish you the best smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
Timm:
I finally submited and had my interview done today. Thank you for all your inputs.

I forgot to submit my oanda sheet and passport photograph, I hope this will not be used against me.

I want to advise anyone who is planning to submit his/herapplication should remember to print self assessment form. I didt go with mine because I didt see it on the application website when I was filling my application. I had to pay 21naira per page at the teleperformance centre in Ikj.

Passport photo is not needed ( after snapping eight copies for 1500 beside abuja VAC)
I didn't submit because I was specifically told by the staff at the vac that it's not needed they will take your picture there and will have your intentional passport with them.

Oanda print out Is not necessary. I just hope you have enough money showing on your statement for the exchange rate of the date of application (which ever date that was)
If your get the 40points. Just sit back relax and wait for your visa

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 29, 2016
Timm:

passport photographs are no longer necessary..... oanda sheets are also not necessary. the ECO verifies himself
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Dearie, its very possible cos i printed mine today too. And my 28days count was complete yday sunday.

Great. Thanks. Guess u printed from day 1 to day 28 cos most banks print monthly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 4:56pm On Aug 29, 2016
Timm:

Guys, please which one is self assessment form? Just hearing that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
zaty:

Nope. One way ticket
Hello zaty, have you picked up your visa or received a collection mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timm: 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
TobyAn:
.. For the OANDA sheet, it is not necessary as I believe the ECO checks this to verify themselves.... However for the passport I dont know... Fingers crossed and wish you the best smiley

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timm: 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2016
fizzile:

I never heard of it, until today. It is a 9 page document.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 5:33pm On Aug 29, 2016
Timm:

I never heard of it, until today. It is a 9 page document.
Timm please where can one find it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timm: 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
umarwy:

Passport photo is not needed ( after snapping eight copies for 1500 beside abuja VAC)
I didn't submit because I was specifically told by the staff at the vac that it's not needed they will take your picture there and will have your intentional passport with them.

Oanda print out Is not necessary. I just hope you have enough money showing on your statement for the exchange rate of the date of application (which ever date that was)
If your get the 40points. Just sit back relax and wait for your visa

I believe I am fine with the rate, I calculated 430 to a pound. I applied online on the 25th August and the rate was favourable on that day at 427, and also today, that I went for my appointment it is even lower than the day I applied online. So for that I should be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
fizzile:
as d name implies
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2016
sassyboochic:
as d name implies
Whrz it found plz
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
Never to worry. The UKVI no longer accepts passport photos from applicants at the Teleperfomance center in VI. The lady that took my documents made it clear. Thats the reason why they take their own photo shots inside the biometric cubicles. As for the self assessment, this is optional as well as the Oanda page. I paid 100 naira to photocopy a page at Walter Carrington on my appointment day at the German embassy in 2013. I guess you were luckier.

Timm:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
The self assessment form is for people who are applying outside the UK where online application is not available. So I guess you don't really need it if you are applying online. It is called Form VAF9'

Timm:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
MrsDaniels:
An educational frnd says its the way u did it, naira to the right and pounds to left.

That was my thought as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by uncover: 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
AlhmaduliLlah! I got my visa vignette today. Wish others the best.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
uncover:

Congratulations.

Have you booked flights?
Where are you headed and which course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TobyAn(m): 6:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
congrats... My 15 working days will be complete by Friday.. waiting as well for good news... nervous though... Congrats again
uncover:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2016
Timm:

I believe I am fine with the rate, I calculated 430 to a pound. I applied online on the 25th August and the rate was favourable on that day at 427, and also today, that I went for my appointment it is even lower than the day I applied online. So for that I should be fine.

That's great just count your 15 days and await your visa. Good luck

Try to book your flight early
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
TobyAn:
Hi everyone, I am new here.. Just found out about this blog after submission.. lol. Headed to Birmingham. Submission was done on the 15th of October, August received by the ukvi shefiffield on the 17th.. Still awaiting decision mail. Made standard application using two of my accounts (I have a UK account as i studied there previously and had half of the money transferred there at least two months before i even calculated my 28 days and the balance was available in my GT account)
Where in Birmingham are you heading to? smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
Yea told them to print from 1st aug to 28th august only.

fizzile:
Great. Thanks. Guess u printed from day 1 to day 28 cos most banks print monthly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
Heading to birmingham too by God grace. Birmingham city uni.

Whatamidoinghere:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
MrsDaniels:

Which campus?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TobyAn(m): 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

Birmingham City University .. MBA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
MrsDaniels:

Wow
Same here cheesy
That means we have Birmingham students here. That's nice, let's get connected grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
TobyAn:
Birmingham City University .. MBA
Nice, grin When do you intend going?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
uncover:
Congratulations.
Am happy for you cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TobyAn(m): 7:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
once i get my passport hopefully with the visa.. I intend booking..
Whatamidoinghere:

Nice, grin
When do you intend going?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 7:38pm On Aug 29, 2016
TobyAn:
once i get my passport hopefully with the visa.. I intend booking..
Good luck buddy!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TobyAn(m): 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

Good luck buddy!
Thank you... I would inform you if i get my decision mail... and goodluck to u too smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2016
uncover:
congrats... how did u get today when its a bank holiday in the uk for those countimg 15working days, are u also including bank holidays
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
The fx live trading was really great and stable today. Expect one of the best rates on Oanda tomorrow. This week might be the best time to apply. Tomorrow or next. Remember midweeks are the best. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.