Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336189 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
sassyboochic:

congrats... how did u get today when its a bank holiday in the uk for those countimg 15working days, are u also including bank holidays
any sunderland, newcastle or northumbria prospective student here pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
Why is everyone running away from London schools? Not seen one person going to London. Anyone?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
City centre campus dear! Whoop! We gat loads of bcu students here... Make una chop knuckle jare!

worry359:

Which campus?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 10:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
Mine is Msc Management n International business. Yea oh lets all get connected jare!
Wishing all of us the very best in our visa app with the desired results ijn! What course r u going for?

Whatamidoinghere:

Wow
Same here cheesy
That means we have Birmingham students here. That's nice, let's get connected grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by uncover: 10:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
umarwy:

Congratulations.

Have you booked flights?
Where are you headed and which course?

Yes please. For the weekend after sallah.

University of Leeds; Advanced Mechanical Engineering
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by uncover: 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
TobyAn:
congrats... My 15 working days will be complete by Friday.. waiting as well for good news... nervous though... Congrats again

Thanks. No need to be nervous please. I did my biometrics on the 9th and got a decision mail on the 26th. Got a collection mail today and collected it today as well. That's almost 15working days too. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by uncover: 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
sassyboochic:

congrats... how did u get today when its a bank holiday in the uk for those countimg 15working days, are u also including bank holidays

It was dispatched on Friday from Sheffield and I received it today.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Uzi1900: 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
uncover:

Yes please. For the weekend after sallah.

University of Leeds; Advanced Mechanical Engineering

Hey bro I am applying to Bradford uni but I intend to live in Leeds. Have you got accommodation sorted?i have a two bed in Leeds just in town if your interested in buddying up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mcstar(f): 11:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
fizzile:
Guys, please which one is self assessment form? Just hearing that.
That's the form VAF9. You'll find it on the gov.uk site under visas and immigration. It contains all the questions you'll answer online during your application. You'll have to print it and fill by hand. It's the first thing that will be collected from you along with the photocopy of your data page at the reception.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 11:42pm On Aug 29, 2016
TobyAn:
Thank you... I would inform you if i get my decision mail... and goodluck to u too smiley
No problem, thank you smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 11:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
MrsDaniels:

Mine is Msc Management n International business. Yea oh lets all get connected jare!
Wishing all of us the very best in our visa app with the desired results ijn! What course r u going for?

No problem, we can still get connected as we still come here. grin
Going for Economics and Finance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 12:27am On Aug 30, 2016
mcstar:

That's the form VAF9. You'll find it on the gov.uk site under visas and immigration. It contains all the questions you'll answer online during your application. You'll have to print it and fill by hand. It's the first thing that will be collected from you along with the photocopy of your data page at the reception.
Alright. Thanks a lot. Just got it printed. Will go through it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TobyAn(m): 5:56am On Aug 30, 2016
chuksbenin:
Why is everyone running away from London schools? Not seen one person going to London. Anyone?
na una get moni nah ... London rent isnt smiling with the exchange rate grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:41am On Aug 30, 2016
Uzi1900:

Hey bro I am applying to Bradford uni but I intend to live in Leeds. Have you got accommodation sorted?i have a two bed in Leeds just in town if your interested in buddying up.

Will you be driving or have family living in Leeds who will be dropping you off? Though Leeds is a lively city for students and far more better than Bradford.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 7:13am On Aug 30, 2016
Am surprised that people are printing the form VAF9. There is nothing like that in VI. In fact it is boldly written on the ukvi guidelines that it's specifically for countries where online registration is not available. Maybe those guys at Ikeja are creating their own. Lol. Besides it's actually the same thing with your application form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 7:35am On Aug 30, 2016
chuksbenin:
Am surprised that people are printing the form VAF9. There is nothing like that in VI. In fact it is boldly written on the ukvi guidelines that it's specifically for countries where online registration is not available. Maybe those guys at Ikeja are creating their own. Lol. Besides it's actually the same thing with your application form.
true but ikeja will insist u must get it. thts why they send u back outside to fill it. at least i saw someone who was sent out to fill it. it can be gotten iutside teleperformance also
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 7:36am On Aug 30, 2016
chuksbenin:
Never to worry. The UKVI no longer accepts passport photos from applicants at the Teleperfomance center in VI. The lady that took my documents made it clear. Thats the reason why they take their own photo shots inside the biometric cubicles. As for the self assessment, this is optional as well as the Oanda page. I paid 100 naira to photocopy a page at Walter Carrington on my appointment day at the German embassy in 2013. I guess you were luckier.

It was made compulsory at Ikeja VAC unlike VI VAC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 7:39am On Aug 30, 2016
elope:

true but ikeja will insist u must get it. thts why they send u back outside to fill it. at least i saw someone who was sent out to fill it. it can be gotten iutside teleperformance also
I was sent outside to fill it too.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 7:42am On Aug 30, 2016
chuksbenin:
London!!! I'm on full scholarship, the stipends to be paid to my fellow scholars that will be studying in London is higher than ours cos of the higher cost of living.
I think that should tell you why London is being avoided like a plague. At least, not with the present and unstable exchange rate which could rise again any time soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 7:58am On Aug 30, 2016
sassyboochic:

any sunderland, newcastle or northumbria prospective student here pls

Headed for sunderland. You?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 30, 2016
Dynamitehimself:

Headed for sunderland. You?
whoop!!! newcastle
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Uzi1900: 8:57am On Aug 30, 2016
justwise:

Will you be driving or have family living in Leeds who will be dropping you off? Though Leeds is a lively city for students and far more better than Bradford.

I would be commuting by train or bus. Might be somewhat hectic but living in Bradford is just not it. Do you stay in Leeds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:56am On Aug 30, 2016
Uzi1900:

I would be commuting by train or bus. Might be somewhat hectic but living in Bradford is just not it. Do you stay in Leeds?

Not at the moment but i have lived in Leeds and also in Bradford before.

Bus will be alot cheaper for you though
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timm: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2016
fizzile:
Timm please where can one find it?

I was told at VFS office that it is on the visa4u website. But I didt see it when I applied. That was why I had to pay for it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by illusory: 12:12pm On Aug 30, 2016
soulhighman:

Hello everyone. Been quietly following this thread for a while. Regarding the above, what exactly are the differences between the ikeja VAC and the VI VAC? For instance, why is there a £55 charge at ikeja. Is the processing faster, are you more likely to get your visa etc...

I'm also applying with my wife and 2kids. Can I apply for express visa for myself alone? Whats the best way to approach payment for visa fees and ihs fees for all four of us for 4+ years as it's quite a lot... Thanks guys... and gals... :-)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mcstar(f): 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
soulhighman:
Same at Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
I guess the public holiday in the UK yesterday affected everything. Did anyone receive decision mail today? And on my prediction, the rate has appreciated to 418. It will still get better. All the best people.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dee95: 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2016
mcstar:

Same at Abuja
You have to print it out for abuja too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TobyAn(m): 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
Still earnestly waiting undecided undecided undecided
chuksbenin:
I guess the public holiday in the UK yesterday affected everything. Did anyone receive decision mail today? And on my prediction, the rate has appreciated to 418. It will still get better. All the best people.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
TobyAn:
Still earnestly waiting undecided undecided undecided
recievd this mornin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TobyAn(m): 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
Wow.. good luck... when was your application date and what centre?
sassyboochic:

recievd this mornin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2016
When and where did you apply and when were you interviewed? Share the testimony cos I know you've gotten ur visa already.
Congratulations!

sassyboochic:

recievd this mornin

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.