Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1337595 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by diego2015(m): 6:57am On Jul 20, 2017
Vicrown:
Thanks house for your pieces of advice. The issue with my CAS has been resolved. The error on my name in my tuberculosis test report has also been corrected. My university (LSE) has equally sent me the letter confirming my full scholarship. I successfully applied for a one year student's visa today and paid $775 for both IHS and visa fee (approximately 283,000). I also booked a Friday appointment for the interview. Please what kind of questions should I expect?
plz bro how did u get the scholarship
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OLAREWAJU1705: 7:51am On Jul 20, 2017
Good morning house. Pls I need details on how to apply for SHORT TIME STUDY VISA. What are the requirements / documents to support my application Do I need to do Tuberculosis test since am applying for short time study visa, which is 6 months only? Thanks all. I will be expecting details reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:11am On Jul 20, 2017
OLAREWAJU1705:
Good morning house. Pls I need details on how to apply for SHORT TIME STUDY VISA. What are the requirements / documents to support my application Do I need to do Tuberculosis test since am applying for short time study visa, which is 6 months only? Thanks all. I will be expecting details reply.

Hello,
Did you spend some time to look at the website?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:20am On Jul 20, 2017
ajoke007:
Hello everyone.thanks for all the informative posts. I want to ask if
1. The value added service - **NEW** Application and Document Checks £ 30 per Applicant is worth it.

This Value Added Service *New* is just that you will sit in a posher waiting room at the TLS office. You will also be offered tea or coffee, and maybe some little Digestive biscuits. It doesn't give ANY other advantage as per your application.

2. is it compulsory the statement is dated for exactly one month

The closer the closing date of the statement is to your application submission/interview date, the better.

3. The statement i have is in my parents company name but there is an attached letter from the bank saying they are both signatories. Will that be an issue

No volume of letter from the bank will convince the ECO to consider a bank statement of a COMPANY .

The best your parents could have done was to transfer the money into their own PERSONAL account.
But then, this is my OPINION (an informed opinion for that matter).

4. I got the statement a month ago because i intended to apply earlier but couldn't due to some issues with thr sch. Is it outdated?

I personally think that is outdated. Since your interview is on Friday, you can get a more recently dated statement before Friday.

my interview is on friday so there is little i can do and i only came across this forum tonight but i want to be prepared just in case.

I really appreciate all the efforts going into this forum. God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:33am On Jul 20, 2017
Vicrown:
Thanks house for your pieces of advice. The issue with my CAS has been resolved. The error on my name in my tuberculosis test report has also been corrected. My university (LSE) has equally sent me the letter confirming my full scholarship. I successfully applied for a one year student's visa today and paid $775 for both IHS and visa fee (approximately 283,000). I also booked a Friday appointment for the interview. Please what kind of questions should I expect?

1. What was your reason for choosing the UK?
2. What UK School are you going to?
3. What subject (course) will you be studying? And why did you choose that course?

4. Who will be responsible for your finances?
Etc...

By the way,
LSE is very close to my school. I look forward to meeting you in London next month. We could go go to a pub in Soho or Bloomsbury for a drink.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ajoke007(f): 8:34am On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=LaaJiblik post=58641030][/quote]

Thanks. I really appreciate it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2017
[i][/i]
ajoke007:
Hello everyone.thanks for all the informative posts. I want to ask if
1. The value added service - **NEW** Application and Document Checks £ 30 per Applicant is worth it.
Not required if you are already on this platform
2. is it compulsory the statement is dated for exactly one month
28 days and above
3. The statement i have is in my parents company name but there is an attached letter from the bank saying they are both signatories. Will that be an issue
Yes it is an issue because statement should only be in your name, your parents or legal guardian (with necessary documents to back it)
4. I got the statement a month ago because i intended to apply earlier but couldn't due to some issues with thr sch. Is it outdated?
[b]Yes please, print an updated one, your printed statement cannot be used after 30days from date of initial print

my interview is on friday so there is little i can do and i only came across this forum tonight but i want to be prepared just in case.

I really appreciate all the efforts going into this forum. God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BiggySammy(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2017
Vicrown:
Please which bank did you use in making the payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by pondat99: 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
Thanks
Advisory:

1. Overview

You can apply for a Short-term study visa if:
•you’re doing a short course of study in the UK
•you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
•you meet the other eligibility requirements

You need a Standard Visitor visa if you’re an academic visitor.

You can’t apply if you qualify for British citizenship - including if you can have dual nationality. You must apply for British citizenship instead.

What you can and can’t do

You can:
•do a short course of study in the UK, such as an English language course or a training course
•do a short period of research as part of a degree course if you are studying abroad

You can’t:
•study at a state school
•work (including on a work placement or work experience) or carry out any business
extend this visa[b][/b]
•bring family members (‘dependants’) with you - they must apply separately
•get public funds

How long you can stay

You can stay in the UK for:
•6 months - for any short course (including English language courses), or short period of research if you’re 18 or over
•11 months - if you’re 18 or over and taking an English language course

Fees

It costs:
•£93 for a 6 month visa
•£179 for an 11 month visa

How long it takes

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

Check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in the country you’re applying from.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Vicrown(m): 7:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
BiggySammy:
Please which bank did you use in making the payment?
Use GTB, you can do any transaction below $1,000 with your MasterCard. However, the exchange rate is N375/$1.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Vicrown(m): 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
Thanks for the info. It will nice to meet you in London.
LaaJiblik:

1. What was your reason for choosing the UK?
2. What UK School are you going to?
3. What subject (course) will you be studying? And why did you choose that course?

4. Who will be responsible for your finances?
Etc...

By the way,
LSE is very close to my school. I look forward to meeting you in London next month. We could go go to a pub in Soho or Bloomsbury for a drink.
Thanks for the info. It will nice to meet you in London.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BiggySammy(m): 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2017
Vicrown:
Use GTB, you can do any transaction below $1,000 with your MasterCard. However, the exchange rate is N375/$1.
Thanks for the response bro... Yet to make the payment tho. I was just asking in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Techangels: 1:40am On Jul 21, 2017
Nice thread . Well done guys . Just wise etc. I live in manchester myself . Not a student tho.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Vicrown(m): 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
Hello house, I had my biometrics and interview today. The process couldn't be smoother. It was as if I paid for premium service and I'm optimistic that I will get the visa by next month.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cindylee: 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
Vicrown:
Hello house, I had my biometrics and interview today. The process couldn't be smoother. It was as if I paid for premium service and I'm optimistic that I will get the visa by next month.

Please have you received any confirmation email from tls? I submitted on Friday and yet to receive a confirmation email from them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Vicrown(m): 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
cindylee:

Please have you received any confirmation email from tls? I submitted on Friday and yet to receive a confirmation email from them?

Do you mean you didn't get any email when you paid the IHS and visa fee? What about an appointment letter from TLS?

Please make sure your payment was successful and print out your application do and appointment letter

If you meant that you haven't received any message after the biometrics and interview at TLS then you can track your application on the TLS website.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rutharu: 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
Vicrown:

Good for you.Be optimistic that's the spirit

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ebwese345678: 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hello Everyone? Please can someone advise me on how to pay the charges more than $300?
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 11:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
Use your GTBank Naira MasterCard. limit has been increased to $1,000 or request a dollar card and load with dollar. note that Naira MasterCard is higher than black market rate. FCMB and Zenith too have increased their naira card limits to $1,000
Ebwese345678:
Hello Everyone? Please can someone advise me on how to pay the charges more than $300?
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
I'm optimistic for you too. I'm awaiting your approval post*winks*
Vicrown:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Kubeya: 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
HELP! I have been worried sick because when filling out my online application, I omitted a few countries on my travel history. I later thought this could affect my application, so when going to submit my application and biometrics, I wrote a cover letter in which I listed all the countries I had been to, which I had omitted in my online visa application form. Do you think the mistake can cause my application to be rejected or the cover letter is enough? PLEASE HELP SO I PREPARE MY MIND FOR WHATEVER!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
Kubeya:
HELP! I have been worried sick because when filling out my online application, I omitted a few countries on my travel history. I later thought this could affect my application, so when going to submit my application and biometrics, I wrote a cover letter in which I listed all the countries I had been to, which I had omitted in my online visa application form. Do you think the mistake can cause my application to be rejected or the cover letter is enough? PLEASE HELP SO I PREPARE MY MIND FOR WHATEVER!
Do not worry, you have explained on the cover letter that you omitted by mistake.
I do not see this affecting your application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ebwese345678: 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2017
[quote author=mimilyrics post=58735504]Use your GTBank Naira MasterCard. limit has been increased to $1,000 or request a dollar card and load with dollar. note that Naira MasterCard is higher than black market rate. FCMB and Zenith too have increased their naira card limits to $1,000
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Kubeya: 10:41am On Jul 25, 2017
Advisory:

Do not worry, you have explained on the cover letter that you omitted by mistake.
I do not see this affecting your application.

Thanks a lot! That rests my mind. I've been so worried.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by christisam: 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hi everyone, I will soon start my visa application process, am just waiting for my CAS letter this forum is the best I have been following up the various post am grateful for the information I get here, justwise please I got a draft CAS from my school but it didn't include my sponsor details am expected to go through it and make sure everything is intact. Do I write to them I case it's an error I should be worried about or it's ok. It's a Uk university and fellow scholar on scholarship should help out with info on your CAS letter thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mzstephh(f): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hey guys any newbie like me in Nottingham?? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
mimilyrics:
The last form A transaction I did was at GTbank. Took a day after they received all the required docs: Bachelor's degree certificate, invoice or letter bearing the school logo confirming how much to be paid, filled form A, funded current account, authorization form, copy of passport.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 5:38pm On Jul 25, 2017
The sponsor information is on your CAS only if it's sponsorship given by your school. External sponsorships do not appear on the CAS.
christisam:
Hi everyone, I will soon start my visa application process, am just waiting for my CAS letter this forum is the best I have been following up the various post am grateful for the information I get here, justwise please I got a draft CAS from my school but it didn't include my sponsor details am expected to go through it and make sure everything is intact. Do I write to them I case it's an error I should be worried about or it's ok. It's a Uk university and fellow scholar on scholarship should help out with info on your CAS letter thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by christisam: 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
Thank you. It's external
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:42am On Jul 26, 2017
christisam:

Are you on scholarship?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.