Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1342525 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 4:38am On Oct 12, 2015
Hi everyone, i am in a dilemma here, my mum is my sponsor so i intend to use her bank account statement for my application. bt the problem is this, although the surname is the same as one would expect, there is a slight difference in the way her name is spelt as compared to mine. for instance Adeshola and Adesola. i dont know if this is gonna have any effect on my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 11:23am On Oct 12, 2015
Lexyp:
@spikec,my passport is still with them no reply yet my passport was submitted with my document.
Errm, yeah, go and collect it. The application has probably been processed just that you weren't notified
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 11:24am On Oct 12, 2015
creamyworkz:
Hi everyone, i am in a dilemma here, my mum is my sponsor so i intend to use her bank account statement for my application. bt the problem is this, although the surname is the same as one would expect, there is a slight difference in the way her name is spelt as compared to mine. for instance Adeshola and Adesola. i dont know if this is gonna have any effect on my application.

If yours is incorrect, you need to get an affidavit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by seangy4konji: 3:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
Just thoughts ere as am drinking my Goldberg and looking here through things.

God bless everyone here especially people who take their time to respond to questions of people.it shows we can all be our brother keeper e t woman or make.

Just thoughtful before sending the message. Progress to all the aspiring students and all supporting the forum.

God bless everyone.

Let's love one another and be our brother keeper and sister.a recent response made me feel emotional.

1 love.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drunkenmaster: 4:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
To those it might concern

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Damalex4luv(m): 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
@justwise pls I want to apply for masters program but I have a problem with my cpga which is 2.43 buts it's 2.2 at the level of OAU and the other problem is that I have a combined result in my ssce, pls Nairalanders what are my chances Becos I need to apply b4 the end of the month
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2015
Damalex4luv:
@justwise pls I want to apply for masters program but I have a problem with my cpga which is 2.43 buts it's 2.2 at the level of OAU and the other problem is that I have a combined result in my ssce, pls Nairalanders what are my chances Becos I need to apply b4 the end of the month

They do accept 2.2 but it depends on the course or program you are going for.just check for the school requirement for your program.or you write to the school in question cuz some schools don't state the cgpa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Damalex4luv(m): 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
crazydove:

They do accept 2.2 but it depends on the course or program you are going for.just check for the school requirement for your program.or you write to the school in question cuz some schools don't state the cgpa
But what of my O'level result, it's neco result and it's a combined result
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
Damalex4luv:

But what of my O'level result, it's neco result and it's a combined result

You don't really need it except to prove your English qualification.some schools use neco or waec english(C) instead of writing ielts exams.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
Damalex4luv:

That will depend on the school and the course requirements, so check the course requirement and email the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Damalex4luv(m): 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
justwise:

That will depend on the school and the course requirements, so check the course requirement and email the school.
It's a school in Manchester and am very concerned about my CGPA and neco result that I planned to use in applying which is a combined result and mostly credit passes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
Damalex4luv:

It's a school in Manchester and am very concerned about my CGPA and neco result that I planned to use in applying which is a combined result and mostly credit passes.

Your neco does not mean anything as long you have a credit in English language some request for B3 in English which is eqivalent to ielts 7.0 or 7.5 which is very important it will be stated on their requirement.we said earlier write to the school about your cgpa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Damalex4luv(m): 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
crazydove:

Your neco does not mean anything as long you have a credit in English language some request for B3 in English which is eqivalent to ielts 7.0 or 7.5 which is very important it will be stated on their requirement.we said earlier write to the school about your cgpa.
Thanks so much, have already emailed the school and am waiting for there response.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by thababe: 4:30am On Oct 14, 2015
I don't know if I am overstepping my boundaries here but I wrote an article for my school's blog and I wanted to share. It contains tips on how to get a scholarship. @justwise if i am out of line, please let me know....

Happy reading and please comment on the blog and share with others...
[url]Https://blogs.nottingham.ac.uk/internationalstudentlife/2015/10/08/a-scholarship-winner-
shares-her-tips-for-making-a-successful-application/[/url]

Happy Sunday...[/quote]
Nice! I blog for my school as wel and will definitely be reading this. If anyone needs tips on coping with young children while studying feel free to ask me. It's been quite an adventure and what helped me was my insistence on coming to the UK a couple of weeks before classes started . It really helped me sort out my child care issues and all solidly before hand. Try and do as much as you can before you get to the UK.there are very Few Africans where I am but everyone is super friendly and helpful. So glad I decided to come to Exeter. All the best everyone. Petite diva I will send you a message.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 14, 2015
Deleted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zinger19: 12:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
drunkenmaster:
Hi everyone, I have tried several times to reach IOM Lagos for the tuberculosis test but all to no avail, I have sent emails no reply. I also called all the organisation's no, but all not reachable. Pls anyone here has a number I can reach IOM on? Thanks

Please find IOM's contact no. 0807 219 1112, 0802 226 4059, 0909 215 6079. i have called a couple of time with response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by meena28: 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
Dynssy:

hi, I'll be heading to reading, but I'm yet to get my visas. The accomodation stuff has been a source of worry to me too. I'm sure sharing a flat won't be a bad idea. I'm a lady and interested. guess we should talk. cheers....

Hi. Can you let me have your email address so that we can talk. Sorry, it has been pretty busy for me. I know a place which would soon be available. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bennymine: 5:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
KingJB:
Good morning all
Please I want to ask 2 questions.. Thanks a lot

1. How much will it cost me to write IELTS/TOEFL in Lagos and where will I go to?
2. How much does it cost to acquire international passport, what is the validity and what is the procedure?

Thanks again

IELTS is N40,000 the link is https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/Nigeria?_ga=1.179110304.528119545.1442958115

International passport official price is N17,600 but you get it at a cost from N24,000 to N28,000. It's valid for 10years by renewing after five years from issue date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
bennymine:

IELTS is N40,000 the link is https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/Nigeria?_ga=1.179110304.528119545.1442958115

International passport official price is N17,600 but you get it at a cost from N24,000 to N28,000. It's valid for 10years by renewing after five years from issue date.

Thanks a lot man

Appreciate!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynssy: 9:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
meena28:

Hi. Can you let me have your email address so that we can talk. Sorry, it has been pretty busy for me. I know a place which would soon be available. Thanks

I've sent u an email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by adenikie: 7:47am On Oct 15, 2015
Good morning house I am new in the house pls I need clarification on student visa.... I applied for student visa but I was issued a card. Three years back my friend applied the student visa was on his passport... Pls house I need response thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 11:20am On Oct 15, 2015
adenikie:
Good morning house I am new in the house pls I need clarification on student visa.... I applied for student visa but I was issued a card. Three years back my friend applied the student visa was on his passport... Pls house I need response thank you

Where did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2015
adenikie:

That is normal, the card is the biometric residence permit(BRP) it replaces the visa stamp on your passport. Its more secured as it contains all your details including biometric
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2015
justwise:

That is normal, the card is the biometric residence permit(BRP) it replaces the visa stamp on your passport. Its more secured as it contains all your details including biometric

He said it's his first time. I thought 30 days visa is issued first (on the passport) before you get to UK and collect your biometric card?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2015
spikesC:

He said it's his first time. I thought 30 days visa is issued first (on the passport) before you get to UK and collect your biometric card?

I think what you will be given is some sort entry permit document in Nigeria then the BRP in the UK, not sure if it's the actual visa stamp though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2015
justwise:

I think what you will be given is some sort entry permit document in Nigeria then the BRP in the UK, not sure if it's the actual visa stamp though.

Naah. I have a friend who just came and his passport was stamped with the usual visa but 30 days length. He then collected his BRP from the school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dualsurvey: 5:03pm On Oct 15, 2015
chenn:

Advanced Electric Power Eng
Electrical Engineering no do u again, na 'Advanced Electrical Power Eng' u dey pursue now, U wan dey put hand for inside transformer direct. I fear fear oooo.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drunkenmaster: 11:59pm On Oct 15, 2015
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:38am On Oct 16, 2015
spikesC:

Naah. I have a friend who just came and his passport was stamped with the usual visa but 30 days length. He then collected his BRP from the school

Ok, got that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarrEgo(f): 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hello all. I'm an ardent fan of this website and of Justwise's but I often follow the discussions mutely. grin
Anyways...Please, I'm a bit confused. I applied for Tier IV visa (a bit late) on 29/09/2015, attended my biometrics appointment on 12/10/2015, the docs arrived the UK on 13/10/2015 and when asked in my application form when I want to be in the UK I answered 16/10/2015, because the deadline for my uni's registration is 19/10/2015. Today I got an email TLSContact that my passport and docs are on their way to me, but nothing was said about a decision being made and the track your application page doesn't indicate whether or not a decision was made. Is this normal? Should I be worried? The docs will most likely be here (I'm writing from Netherlands) by tomorrow but my heart is pumping that something might be wrong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.