Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336370 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2017
ato12:
hello fam,

is there any format or template of cv that someone can use to apply for part time jobs here in uk, please kindly send me one to ayokunmi12@gmail.com
You should have a section in your school that helps students reformat their CV and interview/ job queries or findings. Search for International advisory of your school
Which area are you in the UK? Amazon jobs is on going. Search for pmp recruitment site.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:08pm On Oct 13, 2017
guiddoti:
You should have a section in your school that helps students reformat their CV and interview/ job queries or findings. Search for International advisory of your school
Which area are you in the UK? Amazon jobs is on going. Search for pmp recruitment site.

Yes they are doing mass recruitment now around many UK cities
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by timmiey(m): 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2017
OlowoB:

Different schools have different rules ... some schools just issue CAS without asking for bank statements or properly scrutinise the documents sent by students before issuing CAS (although this is chabging now as the home office is making sure the school do detailed check on the students documents before issuing CAS).

These are the options;

(1) I will suggest you tell your aunty to move the money to your parents account (reason for this is that your parents having that huge amount of cash is not going to be a problem since they will assume they are working). All you will need is to submit your Birth certificate and your parents write a letter permitting you to use the funds in their account.

OR

(2) you can move the money to your personal account BUT If you just finished from school and you have that amount of money in your own personal account, they may start asking questions depending on the ECO that handles your case. Also transfer of a lump sum to your personal account will raise a red flag.

[/b]If you decide to go with option 1 which I always strongly recommend for people who just left school, remember to submit your birth certificate and a letter MUST be written by your parents confirming that they have given you full access to the funds for your maintenance while studying in UK[b]

[/b]Also, due to fluctuating rates, try and add extra money in your account during the 28 days counting period just to be safe.[b]

I inquired from my school and they require a 28 day statement before I can get a CAS.
Thank you for the options you have given.
I intend to make my aunt my legal guardian by getting a court affidavit.
What do you think?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2017
timmiey:
I inquired from my school and they require a 28 day statement before I can get a CAS.
What do you think?
It would not work using her. The rule only supported parents as a guardian. Why can't she transfer the fund to your account, instead?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2017
timmiey:
What do you think?

Well using a legal guardian is an option provided according to rules but I have not seen anyone around me that has used it before. Yours will probably be the first if you go through with it as planned.

But make sure you think about this route very well and you are very sure you can successfully pull this through. Also read what is required as proof to be shown by the legal guardian and you. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2017
guiddoti:
It would not work using her. The rule only supported parents as a guardian. Why can't she transfer the fund to your account, instead?

Actually according to the rule, he can use a legal guardian but to be honest, it is a very very difficult route.

not trying to be all negative, I doubt if that can work in naija knowing fully well that we don’t document things so how would he prove his aunt has been his legal guardian? Well no harm in trying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2017
@timmiey

Let me be honest with you, that route you want to take is not a familiar route, infact it is a lonely route as no one I know that has applied for UK student visa (trust me I know many) has used that route before. Even here on Nairaland, I doubt if many people have used a legal guardian.

I strongly advise you use your personal account or parents account. This is my honest opinion.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2017
Is anyone studying/living in Winchester? Please let me know .. CHeers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Teegirl101(f): 11:01pm On Oct 13, 2017
timmiey:
What do you think?
Hi there Timmiey, pls adhere to the earlier suggestions. I kept mute thinking smone wld pop as a victim ...but seems I am d only one.... Luckily for me my uni (NOT UK EMBASSY) declined my uncle's acct whom I used as my guardian.
I was told It wld work perfectly if one is an orphan or legally raised over years. As mentioned, it requires lots of documents. In my case the uni declined his acct, thus had to use my personal acct. Note this isnt a Nign thing.. I applied outside Nigeria, and my uncle is based outside Africa.
hope it helps. BOL

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olalekan9320(m): 12:04am On Oct 14, 2017
claremont:

If I was in your shoes, I will take the direct entry medicine option. The UK isn't running away, and as a doctor, you are guaranteed a decent income. I wouldn't spend over £9000 tuition (excluding living expenses) to study fishery in the UK. Good luck with whatever you decide. Meanwhile, all you need to do to start working as a doctor is the PLAB licensing exams.
thanks I really appreciate ur response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olalekan9320(m): 12:14am On Oct 14, 2017
OlowoB:

Hello bro, if your plan is to stay in UK after studies, forget it. immigration laws makes it almost impossible and again, your course is not even among the most sought after. Except your are privileged to study in Cambridge or oxford.... just forget it.

Bro, try USA, CANADA or so your masters in naija and get a job and continue with your life.

How old are you? I really don’t like the idea of spending another 5 years (minus assu strike and the other strikes) in school to study medicine..... how much do they even pay doctors in naija? I will never advise anyone to student medicine in naija except it is your passion.
thanks,I'm 21
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:48am On Oct 14, 2017
Teegirl101:

Hi there Timmiey, pls adhere to the earlier suggestions. I kept mute thinking smone wld pop as a victim ...but seems I am d only one.... Luckily for me my uni (NOT UK EMBASSY) declined my uncle's acct whom I used as my guardian.
I was told It wld work perfectly if one is an orphan or legally raised over years. As mentioned, it requires lots of documents. In my case the uni declined his acct, thus had to use my personal acct. Note this isnt a Nign thing.. I applied outside Nigeria, and my uncle is based outside Africa.
hope it helps. BOL

That is the main point there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 11:38am On Oct 14, 2017
olalekan9320:

thanks,I'm 21

I am surprised you even told me your age.... wasn’t expecting an answer. God be with you.

Forget my initial advice above. Please go for the direct entry into medicine (provided you love doing it), you will be happy you did in future. You have all the time now..... with focus and patience, you will see your dreams turn to reality in 5 years time and before you start the journey PRAY.

If you were 25 and above, my advice would have been different. Once again, God be with you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olalekan9320(m): 11:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
OlowoB:

I am surprised you even told me your age.... wasn’t expecting an answer. God be with you.

Forget my initial advice above. Please go for the direct entry into medicine (provided you love doing it), you will be happy you did in future. You have all the time now..... with focus and patience, you will see your dreams turn to reality in 5 years time and before you start the journey PRAY.

If you were 25 and above, my advice would have been different. Once again, God be with you.
thanks for your response, I think even if I will consider masters UK won't be an option
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
olalekan9320:

thanks for your response, I think even if I will consider masters UK won't be an option

Spot on with the decision to go elsewhere for masters.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Teegirl101(f): 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
Hello all, pls need help all the knowledgeable pips in d house.
My timeline so far
Online application 29 Sept
Biometric and interview -3rd Oct
Mail from Sheffield -4th Oct
2nd mail frim Sheffield needing previous Bsc certificate (studied in uk) -11th Oct
submitted same day
-----Nothing from TSL/UKVI till date

Paid priority, Ikeja TSL

Pls what could be the delay?
Shld I go to d VAC despite no e-mail? undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chiglory: 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
Gud afternoon , pls everyone kindly help me with AIG aptitude test details am shortlisted for 2017 and am writing on saturday pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chiglory: 3:04pm On Oct 17, 2017
Pls I need your help everyone. Am shortlisted for African Intiatve for Governance scholarship scheduled for 21 being Saturday. Pls help out on th e nature of the exam
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ujugirl88(f): 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
tush1986:

I filed my AR on the 13th of September and got a mail from the ECM dat refusal has been overturned on the 26th of September... so it took 13days in all... I submitted my passport to vac on the 27th and still waiting to get a mail for pickup as last date for school is October 16... anyone got an idea how long it will take to get passport returned back after submission?.
Hi dear,pls have you gotten your passport back? If yes, did you pick it from the embassy or vac centre?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by endyyoung: 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hello guys,

Can anyone tell me whether an NPC attestation of birth, is acceptable to UKVI. I submitted one with my application but the ECO refused me entry clearance on the basis that I did not provide a Birth Certificate, making me wonder if they don't recognise the NPC attestation of birth document.

I applied for AR
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ujugirl88(f): 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2017
endyyoung:
Hello guys,

Can anyone tell me whether an NPC attestation of birth, is acceptable to UKVI. I submitted one with my application but the ECO refused me entry clearance on the basis that I did not provide a Birth Certificate, making me wonder if they don't recognise the NPC attestation of birth document.

I applied for AR
My dear, its even more recognized than the hospital birth certificate. All foreign embassies accept it. Some Eco's are so dumb, don't worry the ECM are more careful and knowledgable in immigration rules than the Eco's, I believe your refusal will be overturned, just make sure your address your points well. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by endyyoung: 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2017
Thanks ujugirl88, that's reassuring, personally I was shocked at the eco's statement.

In my AR, I addressed the validity of that document, I hope and pray that the refusal is overturned.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2017
endyyoung:
Thanks ujugirl88, that's reassuring, personally I was shocked at the eco's statement.

In my AR, I addressed the validity of that document, I hope and pray that the refusal is overturned.

Hello:
For curiosity (and knowledge sake)
Did you say you tendered an NPC Birth ATTESTATION?
Is there such a thing?

Were you supposed to submit a Birth CERTIFICATE or an ATTeSTATION?

I take it that the ATTESTATION you are talking about is different from a Statuory Declaration of Age from a Court of Law?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
endyyoung:
Hello guys,

I applied for AR

You needed to provide a BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

This “NPC ATTESTATION of Birth”
When did NPC start issuing that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
ujugirl88:

My dear, its even more recognized than the hospital birth certificate. All foreign embassies accept it. Some Eco's are so dumb, don't worry the ECM are more careful and knowledgable in immigration rules than the Eco's, I believe your refusal will be overturned, just make sure your address your points well. All the best

Do you have more information or your basis for calling some ECOs “dumb” is based on the information provided?

Did you say the NPC ATTESTATION of Birth is even more recognised than the hospital birth certificate?

Biko, what information is on the NPC ATTESTATION of Birth?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ujugirl88(f): 10:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
LaaJiblik:

Do you have more information or your basis for calling some ECOs “dumb” is based on the information provided?

Did you say the NPC ATTESTATION of Birth is even more recognised than the hospital birth certificate?

Biko, what information is on the NPC ATTESTATION of Birth?

My dear, I am 100% sure of what I'm saying, NPC attestation of birth is recognized outside the country than hospital or local govt birth certificate. Its like a federal government birth certificate. The National population commission (NPC) is the only body approved by the federal government to issue it. Some embassies even if you present your birth certificate, they will still demand for this NPC attestation of birth. The information on it is your full names, date of birth, local and state government and your the full names of your parents. If you want to get one for yourself, you need to go to court first, any high court with your passport photography and any means of identification to get affidavit of birth, after that, you proceed to NPC to get the attestation. The whole process takes a week or so.if you are born either in 1990 or 1995 and above not sure the particular year, the NPC will issue you a birth certificate, but if you are born before this year, you will be issued attestation of birth, the reason is becos the NPC was appointed by the govt that year to issue birth certificates, so anyone born before 1990 abi 1995 (not really sure abt the particular year)gets an attestation of birth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by endyyoung: 11:35pm On Oct 17, 2017
LaaJiblik:

You needed to provide a BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

This “NPC ATTESTATION of Birth”
When did NPC start issuing that?

The National Population Commission in 1992 or thereabouts was assigned the function of registering births, deaths, marriages divorcees etc and issuing Certificates. This was done by decree of the Federal Military Govt then (do your research).

Birth certificates are issued to persons 0-17 years while an "attestation of birth" for persons 18 and over.

It's a very valid document recognised nationwide and as ujugirl88 said internationally, so any eco that rejects it must be ignorant

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tush1986: 12:06am On Oct 18, 2017
ujugirl88:

Hi dear,pls have you gotten your passport back? If yes, did you pick it from the embassy or vac centre?

Yes I'm in UK already... I picked it up at the embassy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ujugirl88(f): 12:10am On Oct 18, 2017
tush1986:

Ohh, that's nice, did they send you a mail or call you for pick up? Or you just went there?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tush1986: 12:37am On Oct 18, 2017
ujugirl88:

Ohh, that's nice, did they send you a mail or call you for pick up? Or you just went there?

They sent collection mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ujugirl88(f): 8:59am On Oct 18, 2017
tush1986:

They sent collection mail
I summited my passport for visa after admn review was successful on the 20th of September, I went to the embassy after 2 weeks to see if its ready for pick up, but they said it will be ready 3rd or 4th week of this month. I'm just wondering why its taking them forever to stamp Visa, still waiting for the collection mail tho. smh sad sad sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mrgamers: 9:31am On Oct 18, 2017
tush1986:

How long it took to get stamp after submission

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.