Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1335538 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Yes I concur with this. I wasn’t working and I had what was left after paying the tuition and accommodation. They didn’t query how I got such an amount even though I wasn’t working then.

Still surprises me that anybody would want to come to the UK to study without doing some basic research before investing thousands of £s in a year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2018
justwise:

Still surprises me that anybody would want to come to the UK to study without doing some basic research before investing thousands of £s in a year.

Im telling you! I have realised that people going to study, most times do so Cos they just want to leave Nigeria and see studying as a pathway (to be honest, I don’t blame them, Nigeria is just hard!)

Before my application, The excitement alone made me learn almost everything I needed to know about my school, the county, bus routes, trekking time to school from my accommodation, big cities around my county, the weather/temperature, the airport and transportation arrangements from the airport! Funny enough, I was asked all these during my interview.

This is why it annoys me when people don’t do their own research but are going for a master’s/PhD, you will now wonder how will intend to cope with assignments (that rely on research). The US thread is the most annoying as some students even ask for courses they can apply for/study as a master’s! grin

Don’t get me wrong, I love nairaland and I love that people are patient and ready to answer questions, I myself am very happy to help with my limited knowledge but it kind of helps to know that the person you’re helping is also helping themselves too.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hayzed212: 9:28am On Jan 02, 2018
Aphrodite007:

No. I didn’t use any payslips. While filling your application form, they will ask what your folks do, provided they are working and can afford such an amount (even if they saved it for years), it will fly.

Nobody asked me for payslips. Even letter from my dad sef, I didn’t carry. My birth cert didn’t even have my folks names on it. So just claim your dad gave it to you if you are asked (doubt you will be, but what do I know!)
Thanks for the information, actually I have done some researches about the whole process but as a first timer, you wouldn't be sure because the thought of, am I doing the right thing will surely continue to pop in the mind, and that was why I asked that. my mum is working which I can easily tell the ECO that she is the one sponsoring me, just asked that to know if I need some documents like employment letter and payslip to back it because its better to submit many documents than missing some out of ignorance or lack of knowledge, and justwise acted harsh with his reply. I have helped some people by giving answers based on their questions because I have actually passed those stages. So I think asking questions based on what you don't know shouldn't be categorise as lack of research or laziness. justwise has helped me a lot with some answers he gave people in the past on this forum, my questions can also help other prospective applicants in the future.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hayzed212:
Thanks for the information, actually I have done some researches about the whole process but as a first timer, you wouldn't be sure because the thought of, am I doing the right thing will surely continue to pop in the mind, and that was why I asked that. my mum is working which I can easily tell the ECO that she is the one sponsoring me, just asked that to know if I need some documents like employment letter and payslip to back it because its better to submit many documents than missing some out of ignorance or lack of knowledge, and justwise acted harsh with his reply. I have helped some people by giving answers based on their questions because I have actually passed those stages. So I think asking questions based on what you don't know shouldn't be categorise as lack of research or laziness. justwise has helped me a lot with some answers he gave people in the past on this forum, my questions can also help other prospective applicants in the future.

You’re welcome. Don’t feel bad about his response, tbh, I don’t know how he does it Cos I see some questions and I flip but he calmly answers those people. He had prolly had enough when he replied you, ok, just let it slide.

Yes I understand what you mean by carrying everything. Nothing is stopping you from doing that, you can if the payslips are readily available and if you aren’t invadinf the persons privacy to get them. But provided it’s for a tier 4 visa, they wouldn’t care about payslips as this could be some sort of savings.

In my application, I put self-sponsored all through and then showed them my account statement, nobody asked me how the money got there or why an unemployed person had so much money.

So just relax ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Hayzed212: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2018
Aphrodite007:

You’re welcome. Don’t feel bad about his response, tbh, I don’t know how he does it Cos I see some questions and I flip but he calmly answers those people. He had prolly had enough when he replied you, ok, just let it slide.

Yes I understand what you mean by carrying everything. Nothing is stopping you from doing that, you can if the payslips are readily available and if you aren’t invadinf the persons privacy to get them. But provided it’s for a tier 4 visa, they wouldn’t care about payslips as this could be some sort of savings.

In my application, I put self-sponsored all through and then showed them my account statement, nobody asked me how the money got there or why an unemployed person had so much money.

So just relax ok.
Thanks boss, I didn't take it personal though because I know he is a cool and nice person and he was trying to help. He has been doing that by answering all my questions and I respect and admired his selfless service he is giving us here. once again thanks for the information

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Guccigucci(m): 10:56pm On Jan 03, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Lol, not to worsen the case but I really don’t like it when people as basic questions. It’s worse knowing that he moved to the uk but doesn’t even know where to get the preliminary info from. What’s more weird is that the person might be doing a Research -intensive course (PhD or Master’s).

Oh well!

@Aphrodite007
Pls I asked a question earlier but got no response
Please I want to know if I can scan my UK bank statement /sponsorship letter to my wife or I should send them by post to her in nigeria
I had scanned and sent all the documents needed from my side before but I jst want to double check if it's ok or does the embassy need the original bank statement?

Pls based on your experience or other ppl experiences can u advise me pls
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 11:36pm On Jan 03, 2018
Guccigucci:

@Aphrodite007
Please I want to know if I can scan my UK bank statement /sponsorship letter to my wife or I should send them by post to her in nigeria
I had scanned and sent all the documents needed from my side before but I jst want to double check if it's ok or does the embassy need the original bank statement?

Thank you

Oh hi, deep apologies, I might have missed the question.

if this is for a visit visa Sending it via post to her would make it more authentic. (This is me assuming that you’re in the UK and she is in Nigeria. If you are in Nigeria, you don’t need to send that to her for a visit visa, it will be scanned at the Visa Office).

If, however, this is for a spouse visa, no dear. Please keep your statement and all other documents that are from you. She is the one that’s meant to send everything she has to you (by post), then you will attach the remaining documents to hers and send all to Sheffield, ok?

This is the thread for spouse visa, I advise you to start reading from page 320 or 330 so that you are well informed before you start asking questions.

https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/330

I hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2018
According to the guidance, it will not be accepted. It's better you get it stamped on each page at the bank and post it if you are not using the Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead.

Guccigucci:

@Aphrodite007

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 11:51pm On Jan 03, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Oh hi, deep apologies, I might have missed the question.

if this is for a visit visa Sending it via post to her would make it more authentic. (This is me assuming that you’re in the UK and she is in Nigeria. If you are in Nigeria, you don’t need to send that to her for a visit visa, it will be scanned at the Visa Office).

If, however, this is for a spouse visa, no dear. Please keep your statement and all other documents that are from you. She is the one that’s meant to send everything she has to you (by post), then you will attach the remaining documents to hers and send all to Sheffield, ok?

This is the thread for spouse visa, I advise you to start reading from page 320 or 330 so that you are well informed before you start asking questions.

I hope this helps.

That you be for partners who are settled in the uk. I think his own question refers to tier 4 dependants

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Guccigucci(m): 12:39am On Jan 04, 2018
Bourne007:
According to the guidance, it will not be accepted. It's better you get it stamped on each page at the bank and post it if you are not using the Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead.

Yes it is for tier 4 dependant visa
Are u saying that if I get the bank statements with the banks letterhead I can scan it to her.
Can I ask the bank to print it in the "adhoc" letterhead statement (actually i dont kno wat "ad hoc" means though)
Thank you
But the other requirements I can scan them to her right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:50am On Jan 04, 2018
Guccigucci:

Are u saying that if I get the bank statements with the banks letterhead I can scan it to her.
Can I ask the bank to print it in the "adhoc" letterhead statement (actually i dont kno wat "ad hoc" means though)
Thank you

Apologies! I forgot to put the link:

https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/343
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:52am On Jan 04, 2018
Bourne007:

Hi.

I’m not sure UK banks stamp on every page. They are credible enough. So all he has to do is print the statement and send it off to Sheffield alongside the other docs. My bank is Barclays and they even had a self service till for statements, when I asked them to stamp on it in time, they politely declined.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:55am On Jan 04, 2018
Bourne007:

That you be for partners who are settled in the uk. I think his own question refers to tier 4 dependants

Oh. I didn’t know tier 4 dependent was a different ball game. I just assumed that anything that has to do with joining a spouse is affiliated with the spouse visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olubhummie: 2:13am On Jan 04, 2018
Please I need advice. I already paid my full tuition fees, my feeding and accommodation fees has been in my account since Oct 31st 2017, I filed in my application through the school immigration lawyer on 7th DEC 2017, went for biometrics on 14th of December 2017. I received a mail DEC 16 that my application had been transferred to the UK decision making centre.

Up till this moment there's no further update. My school will resumes session on 8th of January 2017, and last date a student could be admitted is Jan 26th.

Application received by UKVI, decision made, etc are empty on TLS website.

What can I do to speed up this process or am I being to paranoid for nothing?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 11:51am On Jan 04, 2018
I would advise you post rather than scan.

You can print it out from your online account, take it to your bank and ask them to stamp each page. This is what I usually do.

My bank usually takes 2-3 working days to send a letter headed if I order online. So basically depends on who you bank with and how they operate

You can scan other requirements. Both if you posting bank statements, you can as well post them along ☺️

Guccigucci:

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 11:55am On Jan 04, 2018
Strange! I use Lloyds and when I ask them to stamp, I tell them on each page and they politely accept ☺️
Aphrodite007:

Hi.

I’m not sure UK banks stamp on every page. They are credible enough. So all he has to do is print the statement and send it off to Sheffield alongside the other docs. My bank is Barclays and they even had a self service till for statements, when I asked them to stamp on it in time, they politely declined.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Gost65: 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2018
Please advice on how to go about my UK application, i was in the us for two years but due to recession my Sevis go terminated, but i didn't leave the US on time to regularize my papers so i was denied reentry when i came home. it was brought to my attention that my refuser from my US embassy would affect my UK Application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 5454Darese: 10:43pm On Jan 05, 2018
Good evening,
Please people that did tier 4 dependant visa. How long did it take or how long does it normally take?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aphrodite007(f): 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2018
Gost65:
Please advice on how to go about my UK application, i was in the us for two years but due to recession my Sevis go terminated, but i didn't leave the US on time to regularize my papers so i was denied reentry when i came home. it was brought to my attention that my refuser from my US embassy would affect my UK Application.

The uk tries to ascertain a few things, amongst which include:

1) they want to know that you will not resort to public funds. How can you make them believe that you won’t recourse to public funds when recession affected your education in the US. How do you convince them that that same recession won’t affect you again?

2) they want to know that you will leave when you’re meant to leave the UK. How can you make them believe that you will leave when you refused to leave the US by the specified time? Why should they believe that you will obey their laws when you couldn’t obey that of the US?

3) they want to ensure that you aren’t an economic migrant. How can you convince them that you truly want to study and not just make money? After all, you couldn't have overstayed in the US doing nothing, you most likely overstayed cos you were working somehow.

These visa officers are humans, so try to put yourself in their shoes. If you can address these issues, maybe you will have a successful application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by amdx21: 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2018
5454Darese:
Good evening,
Please people that did tier 4 dependant visa. How long did it take or how long does it normally take?
Thanks
They aim to access applications within 15 working days. However it depends on the complexity of your application.
All my applications have always been within a week but I hear people talking about weeks and even months.Here was the timeline for my Tier 4 dependant application in 2016.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by amdx21: 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2018

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by damoche64: 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2018
amdx21:

They aim to access applications within 15 working days. However it depends on the complexity of your application.
All my applications have always been within a week but I hear people talking about weeks and even months.Here was the timeline for my Tier 4 dependant application in 2016.

Hi bro.
I think u have experience with dependent visa. I need to ask some questions about life in UK as dependent of tier 4? I will send PM & hope u will reply.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 5454Darese: 5:09pm On Jan 06, 2018
amdx21:

Alright, thanks for your reply. I appreciate .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Razelce: 7:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
Please who is in university of Aberdeen or going to it. Let's chat please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by knicks231: 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2018
Razelce:

am in aberdeen not university of aberbeen stay close to it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Rinder: 6:40am On Jan 08, 2018
Am going to Aberdeen, let's chat pls.
Razelce:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by onlyme07(m): 8:09am On Jan 08, 2018
Pls,who wrote IELTSUKVI last year? A friend wrote on the 9th of December and no result yet on the portal. The school is requesting for the result to process CAS number.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 10, 2018
TheRighteous:

UK Embassy is now rubbish seriously frustrating, My refusal has been overturned by the Home Office since 7/11/2017 and I have been told the Lagos embassy will contact me and up till now i am yet to hear from them, I went there in person today and I deny entry even I was told by the security that they don't process visa there any more and I contacted the TLScontact at Ikeja those one too told me they don't deal with visa issue, I don't even know what to do now, UK embassy is seriously a rubbish embassy.

My review for them is -ve10 worst than zero self.

Please any one that can help out on what to do, school resume January.

Have you been contacted now to submit your passport for stamping?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 10, 2018
[quote author=TheRighteous post=63426391]

UK Embassy is now rubbish seriously frustrating, My refusal has been overturned by the Home Office since 7/11/2017 and I have been told the Lagos embassy will contact me and up till now i am yet to hear from them, I went there in person today and I deny entry even I was told by the security that they don't process visa there any more and I contacted the TLScontact at Ikeja those one too told me they don't deal with visa issue, I don't even know what to do now, UK embassy is seriously a rubbish embassy.

My review for them is -ve10 worst than zero self.

Please any one that can help out on what to do, school resume January.

Have you been contacted now to submit your passport for stamping?

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.