Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,830 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1342591 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2018
Carlse:
Good day house. I've finally paid the IHS fees! Whew! Please when can I select priority service? Is it after my visa payment?

The priority or superpriority is a “Value Added Service”
You can buy it anytime BEFORE your biometrics on the TLS WEBSITE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2018
Congratulations!
You can check directly with airlines for best ticket deals that suit your pocket and your time preference.
You can also check travelStart for ticket deals too.
You can also join your school's social media pages for info which relates to your school.
Check flatshare and studenttenant for off-campus accommodation if you'll be living off-campus.

iuwaeril:
Good day Everyone. I just collected my passport and my visa was successful. I will be going for M.s.c @ University of Greenwich and I am also new here on this Platform. I am still so shocked too that i do not know the next step on how to make travel plans. I am supposed to leave the country by 11th of September. I need a Kind person to direct me. Please help a Brother.
Thanks and God Bless in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2018
solarinde:
Please house, is it better to apply for visa from the ukvisa web (GOV.Uk) or the TLScontact. Thanks

You CANNOT apply via the TLS website.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2018
TLS is only a visa application submission centre. They are middlemen in the application process. A simple Google search will reveal that.
To apply, go to www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

solarinde:
Please house, is it better to apply for visa from the ukvisa web (GOV.Uk) or the TLScontact. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2018
iuwaeril:
Good day Everyone. I just collected my passport and my visa was successful. I will be going for M.s.c @ University of Greenwich and I am also new here on this Platform. I am still so shocked too that i do not know the next step on how to make travel plans. I am supposed to leave the country by 11th of September. I need a Kind person to direct me. Please help a Brother.
Thanks and God Bless in advance

you are just kidding right?

Issokay....

But in case you are not kidding, I would advice that you use the remaining days you have in Nigeria to live up to the expectations of someone who has completed a first degree, and is proceeding to Greenwich for a PG degree.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olumzy1993: 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2018
I am dancing skelewu to baba God. A good news of approval.
University: sheffield hallam university
Course: real estate (msc)
School fees: 10250 pounds (after discount)
Documents:
CAS
SOBA: 10.5 Million naira
Court affidavit for change of name
Bsc certificate

Worries: withdrew funds after print out ( wont advice anyone to do that... But to give hope to those that did that)

Now i am leaving september 12 2018

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ogborukor: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
Was your visa delayed because you withdrew funds after print out?
olumzy1993:
Documents:
CAS
Bsc certificate

Worries: withdrew funds after print out ( wont advice anyone to do that... But to give hope to those that did that)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
LaaJiblik:

The priority or superpriority is a “Value Added Service”
You can buy it anytime BEFORE your biometrics on the TLS WEBSITE.

That's good to know. Thanks kindly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2018
LaaJiblik:

If you are in or around Lagos, go to Oyingbo.
If you are in or around Abuja, go to Jabi or Utako.

Go to Ifesinachi or The Young Shall Grow or God Bless Ezenwata or Ekeson or Peace Mass Transit, or Cross Country or New Nyanya Transport.

Buy a ticket from the park, to Greenwich.
If you wish, you could buy the night journey own (it’s a cheaper option, really). Then travel to Greenich.

Hope that helps.

You're just incorrigible lolzzz

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2018
As in, most of the French people I know had to make alternate plans last summer and same thing happened in spring too.
I truly hope that they can put an end to the disappointments travellers have been facing with them in the past year.

Joyeeeee:
Airfrance can be very annoying. They cancelled my flight and resheduled it after for 4 days. Made me almost overstay in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
Congratulations. I'm glad that your worries were put to nought.
Go forth and succeed in your course.
olumzy1993:
Documents:
CAS
Bsc certificate

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2018
I literally laughed out loud at your response. I understand your shock.
grin grin
LaaJiblik:

Go to Ifesinachi or The Young Shall Grow or God Bless Ezenwata or Ekeson or Peace Mass Transit, or Cross Country or New Nyanya Transport.

If you wish, you could buy the night journey own (it’s a cheaper option, really). Then travel to Greenich.

Hope that helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
Congrats
olumzy1993:
Documents:
CAS
Bsc certificate

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by UyoBoy4Real: 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2018
Please how much did you pay for priority in Naira? Also, did you make the payment online or at TLS office?

Please reply.

davide470:
So, i did my biometrics today. Paid for Priority application. No interview.

My program is taking place in London and Paris to which i have a French Visa already, so i hope UK won't give me any issues.

Fingers crossed!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2018
Fomskie:
Hello @justwise my school starts Sept 10th. Do I need to apply for super priority or just priority will do?

That is the only option you have right now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by davide470(m): 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2018
UyoBoy4Real:
Please how much did you pay for priority in Naira? Also, did you make the payment online or at TLS office?

Please reply.

The payment was done online, on the TLS website. You can't pay at their office.

£212 = N99,709 from my GTBank Card.. A friend that paid a day before me was debited N109k (Another bank)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iuwaeril: 6:58am On Aug 29, 2018
Thank you for this. God bless you

mimilyrics:
Congratulations!
You can check directly with airlines for best ticket deals that suit your pocket and your time preference.
You can also check travelStart for ticket deals too.
You can also join your school's social media pages for info which relates to your school.
Check flatshare and studenttenant for off-campus accommodation if you'll be living off-campus.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iuwaeril: 7:04am On Aug 29, 2018
Noted Thanks

RalphJean:

you are just kidding right?

Issokay....

But in case you are not kidding, I would advice that you use the remaining days you have in Nigeria to live up to the expectations of someone who has completed a first degree, and is proceeding to Greenwich for a PG degree.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iuwaeril: 7:08am On Aug 29, 2018
Noted.

LaaJiblik:

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Xcely: 8:12am On Aug 29, 2018
Guys what is the average wait period after the Sheffield mail?
For Tier 4 General and for school under the new pilot scheme?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 8:37am On Aug 29, 2018
Usually about 5-6 days for standard applications but then each application is different and the wait time may be less or more.
Xcely:
Guys what is the average wait period after the Sheffield mail?
For Tier 4 General and for school under the new pilot scheme?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Xcely: 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
mimilyrics:
Usually about 5-6 days for standard applications but then each application is different and the wait time may be less or more.

Many thanks. I submitted by 22nd Aug. So surprised to get 'transferred', 'received' and 'the Sheffield' mail all before 25th and it's non-priority.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
You're welcome. It might be that the volume of applications have reduced or that they are trying to treat applications faster.
On another hand, it could just be your luck grin

Xcely:

Many thanks. I submitted by 22nd Aug. So surprised to get 'transferred', 'received' and 'the Sheffield' mail all before 25th and it's non-priority.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mikestate: 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hi guys I submitted on the 1 of Aug biometrics and interview.. I got a not straight forward mail on 18th then a 2nd interview on 23rd..am yet to here from them till now what could be the problem..gurus in the house..the 2nd interview was not funny I was interrogated like one criminal..am a self sponsored student and I converted my money to pounds..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Renee25: 2:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
Thanks a lot Mimilyrics. You've been really helpful
Please anything wrong with having another huge amount entering my bank account within the 28-day period? A huge sum was transferred to my account and also left my account the next day. However, the school money is still there. Dunno if it'll be a problem. Or should I just count from when the money left? Problem is I will be late. School starts on the 24th of September and I dont know if applying for a visa on that 24th will reduce my chances

mimilyrics:
Print on the 29th day.
Day 1 is the day after the deposit is made because the opening balance on the day the deposit is made does not reflect the amount you require.
The opening balance of the day after a deposit is made is what shows the deposit of the previous day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
Good day house. I noticed something strange with my IHS payment. After I paid my IHS yesterday, and was given a Ref number via email, I noticed this morning that the amount has reversed back to my account. But there's has been no message from UKVI. I called my bank and was told that the payment was declined, yet I was given an IHS ref number. What do I do? Hope this will not impact on my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Justani: 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
justwise
Laajiblik

Pls I need some clarification. After paying all my msc tuition(£12,500) my CAS has my maintenance requirement at about £11k + which is around 5.3m naira. My confusion now is that my current soa I intend using for visa application has 5m at 28 days and though as at last week the acc has more than 6mil. I am confused if I need to wait for the 6mil to complete 28days before submitting or use the 5m. Or should I contact school to reduce the maintenance requirements on my CAS to match my 5m SOA as I have a free accommodation for four months on arrival? Sch starts 8 oct and I am running out of time.

Note: had my undergraduate in same sch
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 4:34pm On Aug 29, 2018
They are most likely verifying the information on your application. 3rd party information can take a while at times. There was probably information that wasn't clear enough to them.
No one here can say exactly what the issue might be so just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

mikestate:
Hi guys I submitted on the 1 of Aug biometrics and interview.. I got a not straight forward mail on 18th then a 2nd interview on 23rd..am yet to here from them till now what could be the problem..gurus in the house..the 2nd interview was not funny I was interrogated like one criminal..am a self sponsored student and I converted my money to pounds..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2018
As long as the money in your account didn't go below what you require before and after the transfers to and from your account, It shouldn't be an issue and shouldn't interrupt your 28 day count.

Renee25:
Thanks a lot Mimilyrics. You've been really helpful
Please anything wrong with having another huge amount entering my bank account within the 28-day period? A huge sum was transferred to my account and also left my account the next day. However, the school money is still there. Dunno if it'll be a problem. Or should I just count from when the money left? Problem is I will be late. School starts on the 24th of September and I dont know if applying for a visa on that 24th will reduce my chances

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by UyoBoy4Real: 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate.

davide470:
The payment was done online, on the TLS website. You can't pay at their office.

£212 = N99,709 from my GTBank Card.. A friend that paid a day before me was debited N109k (Another bank)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 5:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
Before @Justwise and @Laajiblik get here, here are my 2 cents.

From the sum you stated, I take it that your school is in London
You said you need 5.3 million Naira for your maintenance but you have had 5 million Naira in your account for 28 days. Right?
If that's so, then the 28 day count was pointless because you needed to have had 5.3 million Naira in your account even before you started counting.
Wait for the 6 million Naira to hit 28 days in your account before submitting your application online to avoid getting a refusal.

NOTE: Your school cannot reduce the maintenance funds that you need to show for any reason because they aren't the UKVI. The UKVI provided the application guidance for a reason.
Whether you have free accommodation or not, you need to show the full maintenance funds that you're required to show.

Justani:
justwise
Laajiblik

Pls I need some clarification. After paying all my msc tuition(£12,500) my CAS has my maintenance requirement at about £11k + which is around 5.3m naira. My confusion now is that my current soa I intend using for visa application has 5m at 28 days and though as at last week the acc has more than 6mil. I am confused if I need to wait for the 6mil to complete 28days before submitting or use the 5m. Or should I contact school to reduce the maintenance requirements on my CAS to match my 5m SOA as I have a free accommodation for four months on arrival? Sch starts 8 oct and I am running out of time.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
Justani:
justwise
Laajiblik

mimilyrics:
Before @Justwise and @Laajiblik get here, here are my 2 cents.

From the sum you stated, I take it that your school is in London
You said you need 5.3 million Naira for your maintenance but you have had 5 million Naira in your account for 28 days. Right?
If that's so, then the 28 day count was pointless because you needed to have had 5.3 million Naira in your account even before you started counting.
Wait for the 6 million Naira to hit 28 days in your account before submitting your application online to avoid getting a refusal.

NOTE: Your school cannot reduce the maintenance funds that you need to show for any reason because they aren't the UKVI. The UKVI provided the application guidance for a reason.
Whether you have free accommodation or not, you need to show the full maintenance funds that you're required to show.

Your question has been addressed so i don't see the need to add anything else.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.