Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1342768 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by irex: 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2018
Good evening guys. I wish to findout if someone can change his/her visa application status from standard to priority. Before I had my interview today, I write to my school to assist me pay for a priority visa cuz am scholarship student and the body pays only for a standard visa. Just got a mail from the school that they are willing to refund if I do it. Now am willing to but is there any possibility for me to change this. Please urgent replies will be immensely appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
irex:
Good evening guys. I wish to findout if someone can change his/her visa application status from standard to priority. Before I had my interview today, I write to my school to assist me pay for a priority visa cuz am scholarship student and the body pays only for a standard visa. Just got a mail from the school that they are willing to refund if I do it. Now am willing to but is there any possibility for me to change this. Please urgent replies will be immensely appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:28pm On Aug 30, 2018
Unfortunately, after biometrics/submission, no change/switch can be made.
You'd have to patiently wait to receive your pick up mail.

irex:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by megaSD: 11:53pm On Aug 30, 2018
irex:

Was there an interview? Because someone did his yesterday & they only scanned his documents & did biometrics.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by megaSD: 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hello house. Those who got their visas approved, how was the tls mail for collection like? Pls reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cutetina: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hello guys. Please I need your advice.
Is NYSC certificate compulsory for a UK postgraduate program? My sister has just graduated and has an offer for a postgraduate degree but wants to come to Nigeria for her NYSC first. The problem is that she has already deferred her admission to September next year but if she's registering for NYSC she'll be passing out by end of September or October next year. Do you think her call up letter will suffice? Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2018
You didn't specify what you think NYSC call up letter will suffice for. Anyway, NYSC is a Nigerian program for the Nigerian environment, not for the UK therefore, it's not a prerequisite for anything outside Nigeria except she just wants to give the school a valid reason for the deferral.

Cutetina:
Is NYSC certificate compulsory for a UK postgraduate program? My sister has just graduated and has an offer for a postgraduate degree but wants to come to Nigeria for her NYSC first. The problem is that she has already deferred her admission to September next year but if she's registering for NYSC she'll be passing out by end of September or October next year. Do you think her call up letter will suffice? Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mizzfy: 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hello Mimi, pls when does one start counting processing time? Is it from the day biometrics was done or the following day. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 9:43pm On Aug 31, 2018
Cutetina:

She wants to come back from where?

When she checked her UK school, did they mention NYSC as a requirement prior to giving her the admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2018
From day after your submission/biometrics which means that the day after your biometrics is Day 1.

Mizzfy:

Hello Mimi, pls when does one start counting processing time? Is it from the day biometrics was done or the following day. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cycklerhimself: 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hey Guys, my UK Tier 4 Student Visa Application was Successful!

UK tier 4 Visa Application Submitted (priority):16th August 2018
Bio-metrics/Interview: 22 August 2018
Sheffield email acknowledging receipt of my application: 22 August 2018
Decision made: 30 August 2018
Passport returned by courier: 31 August 2018

Few things worth mentioning

- The address on the Statement of account I submitted was different from my home address.
- My Interview questions were essentially same as that of most persons who posted theirs earlier .
- Application was processed in exactly 5 working days from the day after my bio-metrics/interview.

Thanks to you all and Best of Luck to all those still expecting.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by solarinde(m): 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
cycklerhimself:
Hey Guys, my UK Tier 4 Student Visa Application was Successful!

UK tier 4 Visa Application Submitted (priority):16th August 2018
Bio-metrics/Interview: 22 August 2018
Sheffield email acknowledging receipt of my application: 22 August 2018
Decision made: 30 August 2018
Passport returned by courier: 31 August 2018

Few things worth mentioning

- The address on the Statement of account I submitted was different from my home address.
- My Interview questions were essentially same as that of most persons who posted theirs earlier .
- Application was processed in exactly 5 working days from the day after my bio-metrics/interview.

Thanks to you all and Best of Luck to all those still expecting.

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2018
Good day to you all. I got admitted to University of the West of Scotland. My mum sister is my sponsor and she is a permanent resident in UK. I am about applying for visa but she asked me to submit her documents and UK bank statement to UKVI. She has secured an accomodation for me outside campus. But I dont know if it is a red flag for me to submit her documents as my legal sponsor. Must the money be in her account for 28 days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2018
You cannot use her statement as she's neither your mother nor your legal guardian. She'll have to transfer the money to you for the 28 day count.

STENON:
Good day to you all. I got admitted to University of the West of Scotland. My mum sister is my sponsor and she is a permanent resident in UK. I am about applying for visa but she asked me to submit her documents and UK bank statement to UKVI. She has secured an accomodation for me outside campus. But I dont know if it is a red flag for me to submit her documents as my legal sponsor. Must the money be in her account for 28 days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 4:24pm On Sep 01, 2018
mimilyrics:
You cannot use her statement as she's neither your mother nor your legal guardian. She'll have to transfer the money to you for the 28 day count.

when I tried convincing her she said , She acted like a legal sponsor for two of my cousins like 8 years ago with the same procedure but not my own 28 days count
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olumzy1993: 7:00pm On Sep 01, 2018
STENON:
when I tried convincing her she said , She acted like a legal sponsor for two of my cousins like 8 years ago with the same procedure but not my own 28 days count

Show her our comments. Tell her that we said the rules have changed. It is no longer acceptable. She must put d money in your account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2018
Anyone in Coventry already please

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2018
8 years is a long time for the rules to have changed. Friends and any family member could have sponsored you years ago but not anymore.
If she was appointed as your guardian before you became legal and were legally able to fend for yourself, then there'd be no problem because all you'll have to do will be to present the court papers that appointed her as your guardian.
I have attached 2 pages of the Tier 4 guidance that explicitly deal with this. I asterisked the information in blue
Alternatively, you can download the Tier 4 migrant guidance so she can see for herself.
If she still goes ahead to act as your guardian/parent without the required legal documentation, it's a ground for refusal.

STENON:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Scottiemi(f): 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2018
Firstly congratulations on the admission, also resuming to University of the west of Scotland
STENON:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 01, 2018
Hello house, please is there any thread on nairaland that deals with hassles faced in the airport when travelling 2 d uk....especially as regards luggage allowances �

I haveee alloooooottttt to caryyy....so i booked etihad nd we just given 40kg, i have been thinking on what to do.
@justwise @mimilyrics @lajibilik
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 12:53am On Sep 02, 2018
I really don't know of any thread that specifically deals with this. When are you due to leave Nig? For Etihad, You can buy excess baggage allowance up to 48 hours before your flight. You get 20% off when you buy while booking your ticket and before the date of your flight. Excess baggage starts from $55 For 2kg, $125 For 5kg and about $100 increment on every additional 5kg.
Alternatively, you can use a cargo company to send whatever excess you have. A cargo company (centrepoint services) I've used before charges N700/kg to send stuff to the UK. You can check for cargo companies that people around you have used before or just chin up and use the excess baggage airport rates as long as you excess baggage is just slightly higher than the accepted kg.
But wait first o, have you weighed it to even know if you're over the baggage allowance? grin

Irenenwaka:
Hello house, please is there any thread on nairaland that deals with hassles faced in the airport when travelling 2 d uk....especially as regards luggage allowances �

I haveee alloooooottttt to caryyy....so i booked etihad nd we just given 40kg, i have been thinking on what to do.
@justwise @mimilyrics @lajibilik
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2018
mimilyrics:
I really don't know of any thread that specifically deals with this. When are you due to leave Nig? For Etihad, You can buy excess baggage allowance up to 48 hours before your flight. You get 20% off when you buy while booking your ticket and before the date of your flight. Excess baggage starts from $55 For 2kg, $125 For 5kg and about $100 increment on every additional 5kg.
Alternatively, you can use a cargo company to send whatever excess you have. A cargo company (centrepoint services) I've used before charges N700/kg to send stuff to the UK. You can check for cargo companies that people around you have used before or just chin up and use the excess baggage airport rates as long as you excess baggage is just slightly higher than the accepted kg.
But wait first o, have you weighed it to even know if you're over the baggage allowance? grin

Haaaw lool mimi ikr, i have not weighed it oh i am just being discouraged by my too much stuffs i am seeing with my eyes loool....i actually also saw the fee for excess baggage on etihad's site but it seemed too expensive for me, anyways i am due to leave on saturday nd arrive heathrow on sunday 9th september.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MaEssien(f): 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2018
Hi guys,
Pls am trying to pack foodstuff for hubby to travel with. He's going to UCL. I want to know if there's any food that is a no no. I know abt meat, chicken related food. Anything else?
I've packed grounded egusi, ogbono , crayfish, stock fish, dry fish, dry ukazi (afang) heard he can use with spinach to make soup.. Guy can cook for Africa grin
So pls anything I can add will be grateful
Thanks
@justwise @mimilyrics and other gurus
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2018
Lol! Biko weigh it first so you know how much excess you have.
Check for cargo companies, you should be able to get a good deal with delivery few days after your arrival in the UK.
Have a safe flight in advance.
Irenenwaka:

Haaaw lool mimi ikr, i have not weighed it oh i am just being discouraged by my too much stuffs i am seeing with my eyes loool....i actually also saw the fee for excess baggage on etihad's site but it seemed too expensive for me, anyways i am due to leave on saturday nd arrive heathrow on sunday 9th september.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2018
From non-EU countries the following items are banned:

all meat and meat products
all milk and dairy products
potatoes

From non-EU countries the following items are restricted:

fruit and vegetables - no more than 2kg total weight combined per person travelling bivalves (live), egg products, eggs and honey
fish, bivalves (dead) and fish/fishery products - no more than 20kg total weight (fish must be gutted if fresh, or processed, ie cooked, cured, dried or smoked) 2kg total weight combined per person - certain fruits and vegetables
The rules apply to any products carried in your personal luggage or sent by post (including those ordered online) and even if they’re for yourself, bought in a shop (including at an airport), home-grown/made or vacuum packed.

MaEssien:
Hi guys,
Pls am trying to pack foodstuff for hubby to travel with. He's going to UCL. I want to know if there's any food that is a no no. I know abt meat, chicken related food. Anything else?
I've packed grounded egusi, ogbono , crayfish, stock fish, dry fish, dry ukazi (afang) heard he can use with spinach to make soup.. Guy can cook for Africa grin
So pls anything I can add will be grateful
Thanks
@justwise @mimilyrics and other gurus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by geekbabanla: 11:46pm On Sep 02, 2018
mimilyrics:
From non-EU countries the following items are banned:

all meat and meat products
all milk and dairy products
potatoes

From non-EU countries the following items are restricted:

fruit and vegetables - no more than 2kg total weight combined per person travelling bivalves (live), egg products, eggs and honey
fish, bivalves (dead) and fish/fishery products - no more than 20kg total weight (fish must be gutted if fresh, or processed, ie cooked, cured, dried or smoked) 2kg total weight combined per person - certain fruits and vegetables
The rules apply to any products carried in your personal luggage or sent by post (including those ordered online) and even if they’re for yourself, bought in a shop (including at an airport), home-grown/made or vacuum packed.

Is this applicable to all airlines or a particular one?

Also, all milk and milk products? Meaning something like powdered Peak Milk sachet of 500g is prohibited?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 11:50pm On Sep 02, 2018
All UK-bound flights/airlines.

geekbabanla:

Is this applicable to all airlines or a particular one?

Also, all milk and milk products? Meaning something like powdered Peak Milk sachet of 500g is prohibited?

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.