Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,041 members, 7,863,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:44 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1350359 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by carnal: 8:25am On Sep 08, 2018
mimilyrics:
I think someone answered you before.
1. Yes but you need to have lived at same address for at least 2 years.
2. No. The UK recognises unmarried partners.
See the extract below, culled from https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members
Family members
Your family members (dependants) might be able to apply to join or remain with you in the UK if they’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

A dependant is either:

your husband, wife or civil partner
your unmarried or same-sex partner
your child under 18 years old - including if they were born in the UK during your stay

THANK YOU, I DIDNT SEE STATEMENT THAT STATES WE MUST HAVE LIVED FOR TWO YEARS TOGETHER, MOREOVER HE HAS A SEPARATE FAMILY, WHAT DO YOU ADVISE PLS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ekitibiased(m): 9:00am On Sep 08, 2018
Pls how long is your programme......trying to know why you got 2 years visa......I am planning towards london soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 9:06am On Sep 08, 2018
I dont know what you stated in your application for the VO to have arrived at that decision. I applied for my tier4 visa along with my child as a single mum and we both got our visas, the only document relating to his father is just the consent form, sworn affidavit and his ID. I don’t think the father of your child needs to apply alongside for your child to get a dependant visa except if you already disclosed some information that was put into consideration.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 9:07am On Sep 08, 2018
I dont know what you stated in your application for the VO to have arrived at that decision. I applied for my tier4 visa along with my child as a single mum and we both got our visas, the only document relating to his father is just the consent form, sworn affidavit and his ID. I don’t think the father of your child needs to apply alongside for your child to get a dependant visa except if you already disclosed some information that was put into consideration.

carnal:

THANK YOU, I DIDNT SEE STATEMENT THAT STATES WE MUST HAVE LIVED FOR TWO YEARS TOGETHER, MOREOVER HE HAS A SEPARATE FAMILY, WHAT DO YOU ADVISE PLS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:27am On Sep 08, 2018
apostlejuly:
Hello guys
Am supposed to be in Heathrow London by Saturday
My school is only offering free pick on the 12th.

I have tried booking a minicab from here but the fares are high oo

Pls does anyone av any better option?
Or a cab company that the fares will be moderate and considerable?

FROM HEATHROW TO WHERE?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:23am On Sep 08, 2018
In this case, he is technically not your partner since he has a/another family, he's just your child's dad and shouldn't have been listed as your partner on your application. According to UKVI, a partner is someone you're in a dating, sexual relationship with and with whom future marital relationship is likely.
You will need your child's birth certificate with both of your names on it, consent letter from the dad and any custody documents, if applicable. You should also be able to show that there isn't any existing relationship aside coparenting but since
It seems that you listed him as your partner on your application, that might be a tad tricky.

carnal:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Scottiemi(f): 11:21am On Sep 08, 2018
@Justwise @mimilyrics and all other people that helped I really appreciate it. So now am to travel to Glasgow Scotland on the 17th and I need to sort out my accommodation before hand, pls, what do u advise
Scottiemi:
Viisa timeline
Biometric and interview 24th of July
Sheffield 29th July
Not straight forward mail 10th August
Mail requesting for phone interview 20th August
Phone interview 21st (less than 2 mins and only answered one question, network was terrible )
Mail requesting for a 2nd interview 30th August
2nd interview 3rd September (Dint hold, got their and was told a decision has been made and I should get my passport in a few days )
Tls website to decision made and ready for collection 5th September
Decision mail 5th September
Collection 6th Sept
Visa was approved since 30th of August
Visa successful.
Thanks to everyone that answered questions and helped all through.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by davide470(m): 11:45am On Sep 08, 2018
Scottiemi:
@Justw ise @mim.ilyrics and all other people that helped I really appreciate it. So now am to travel to Glasgow Scotland on the 17th and I need to sort out my accommodation before hand, pls, what do u advise
You could use www.spareroom.co.uk to search for accomodation or look for a cheap airbnb to stay for the 17th, do some room viewings same day when you arrive and move in.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Scottiemi(f): 11:52am On Sep 08, 2018
Thanks a lot
davide470:
You could use www.spareroom.co.uk to search for accomodation or look for a cheap airbnb to stay for the 17th, do some room viewings same day when you arrive and move in.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2018
Congratulations.
www.spareroom.co.uk
www.studenttenant.com
www.rightmove.co.uk
www.gumtree.com
You can check now and book viewings for when you arrive. Don't make payment until you see what you're renting.
You Can also check your school's Facebook page as accommodating listings are sometimes put up there by other students.

Scottiemi:
@Justwise @mimilyrics and all other people that helped I really appreciate it. So now am to travel to Glasgow Scotland on the 17th and I need to sort out my accommodation before hand, pls, what do u advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2018
Scottiemi:

Book 2days hotel accommodation in one of the budget hotels like holiday Inn, premire Inn etc then use that opportunity to search for accommodation. Visit your international centre for accommodation advice or your school notice board.

Use your school post code to search for those hotels you definitely find one very close to your university.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by carnal: 12:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
Endlessgrace:

REFUSAL NOTE STATES - In order to qualify under this category both your parents are required to be lawfully present in the UK or at the same time be applying for entry clearance under the same category unless if there are any other serious family or other considerations for now refusing this application.

I didnt not state him as my partner when i was applying, i only submitted the birth certificate of my daughter where his name appears as the father. the only mistake i saw in that application was that i didnt submit the consent letter (which i misplaced) during the up and down movement ,that application was returned with "incomplete documentation" as reason for visa refusal and mine was issued. the father of my daughter already has a visa,my question now is what do i do?should both of them apply for tier 4 dependant?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by carnal: 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
mimilyrics:
In this case, he is technically not your partner since he has a/another family, he's just your child's dad and shouldn't have been listed as your partner on your application. According to UKVI, a partner is someone you're in a dating, sexual relationship with and with whom future marital relationship is likely.
You will need your child's birth certificate with both of your names on it, consent letter from the dad and any custody documents, if applicable. You should also be able to show that there isn't any existing relationship aside coparenting but since
It seems that you listed him as your partner on your application, that might be a tad tricky.

do i apply as a single mum for my daughter or do i apply dependant for both of them,considering the fact that he (the father) also contributed money into my account for care and school fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2018
carnal:

REFUSAL NOTE STATES - In order to qualify under this category both your parents are required to be lawfully present in the UK or at the same time be applying for entry clearance under the same category unless if there are any other serious family or other considerations for now refusing this application.

I didnt not state him as my partner when i was applying, i only submitted the birth certificate of my daughter where his name appears as the father. the only mistake i saw in that application was that i didnt submit the consent letter (which i misplaced) during the up and down movement ,that application was returned with "incomplete documentation" as reason for visa refusal and mine was issued. the father of my daughter already has a visa,my question now is what do i do?should both of them apply for tier 4 dependant?

Have you now found the misplaced document? Or a new one has been drafted?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2018
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by carnal: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2018
LaaJiblik:

Have you now found the misplaced document? Or a new one has been drafted?
many thanks,a new consent letter was drafted alongside his visa page attached with data page of passport and a word of appeal signed with his full contacts included,yet they gave these reason for refusal.

do i just apply as a single mother or do i make him apply as dependant?

meanwhile i also read that "unless i am the sole surviving parent or has had a sole responsibility for her upbringing". i really dont understand these line. please all i need help. i want to re-apply again,i have spent so much already as these last application was super priority
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
carnal:

do i apply as a single mum for my daughter or do i apply dependant for both of them,considering the fact that he (the father) also contributed money into my account for care and school fees

Your baby papa contributed money into your account for care and school fees. That’s fine. But that doesn’t make or qualify him as your dependant does it?

Plus

You mentioned previously that he is NOT your partner didn’t you?

IMHO, you are making a simple matter complicated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by carnal: 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
LaaJiblik:

Your baby papa contributed money into your account for care and school fees. That’s fine. But that doesn’t make or qualify him as your dependant does it?

Plus

You mentioned previously that he is NOT your partner didn’t you?

IMHO, you are making a simple matter complicated.

please what is the best advise and way forward?i need help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
Since both of you are not legally married then i dont see a reason for him to apply as your dependant. If you still have the required funds for your daughter in your account then reapply for her. These were the documents i used: sworn affidavit that am a single mum, father’s consent letter and a sworn affidavit by dad stating have been the one taking care of the child since birth, dad’s ID, child’s birth certificate showing my maiden name, letter from child’s school as well as invoices from sch showing me as the payee of his fees. All these shows that you are the main custodian of your daughter and not going with her to the Uk is not an option for u. I also printed an application i sent to a carer website to show i have made provision for my child’s care while am away at school.

carnal:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2018
I think this was the clause that affected you. You showed from all indications that her father contributes to her upbringing. The only way this could work for you is to show you have been the sole provider for the child, i stated earlier in my reply that i got invoices from his school stating me as the payee of his fees since inception.

carnal:

many thanks,a new consent letter was drafted alongside his visa page attached with data page of passport and a word of appeal signed with his full contacts included,yet they gave these reason for refusal.

do i just apply as a single mother or do i make him apply as dependant?

meanwhile i also read that "unless i am the sole surviving parent or has had a sole responsibility for her upbringing". i really dont understand these line. please all i need help. i want to re-apply again,i have spent so much already as these last application was super priority
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by carnal: 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
Endlessgrace:
I think this was the clause that affected you. You showed from all indications that her father contributes to her upbringing. The only way this could work for you is to show you have been the sole provider for the child, i stated earlier in my reply that i got invoices from his school stating me as the payee of his fees since inception.

many thanks for your information, the father has advised that we both do a sworn affidavits as you stated but since we are not expert in these situation i wanted other opinion to weigh in before we proceed.my other reason is because, he has contributed to her upbringing and also contributed money showing his name in the account. many thanks again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by carnal: 3:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
Endlessgrace:
Since both of you are not legally married then i dont see a reason for him to apply as your dependant. If you still have the required funds for your daughter in your account then reapply for her. These were the documents i used: sworn affidavit that am a single mum, father’s consent letter and a sworn affidavit by dad stating have been the one taking care of the child since birth, dad’s ID, child’s birth certificate showing my maiden name, letter from child’s school as well as invoices from sch showing me as the payee of his fees. All these shows that you are the main custodian of your daughter and not going with her to the Uk is not an option for u. I also printed an application i sent to a carer website to show i have made provision for my child’s care while am away at school.

thank you, i will take the sworn affidavit route then, i didnt know it will work, i do hope VO wont say its coming now or even too early as i intend to get it on monday.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members - and what about these link?please advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by megaSD: 4:24pm On Sep 08, 2018
Can a tier 4 visa (16 months) go with a one way ticket?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olumzy1993: 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2018
Please i wanted to do TB test for my wife today as my dependant. Which of the options would i chose on the TB form since there is no student dependant option. The closest i saw was settlement and dependant which i selected since it is d only one. Other options include student without scholarship, student with scholarship etc.... Please am i on d right track for her?
I just got my own TIER 4 VISA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2018
megaSD:
Can a tier 4 visa (16 months) go with a one way ticket?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 5:48pm On Sep 08, 2018
olumzy1993:
Please i wanted to do TB test for my wife today as my dependant. Which of the options would i chose on the TB form since there is no student dependant option. The closest i saw was settlement and dependant which i selected since it is d only one. Other options include student without scholarship, student with scholarship etc.... Please am i on d right track for her?
I just got my own TIER 4 VISA

Tick the exact box you ticked when you applied for yours. She’s your dependant right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olumzy1993: 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
I ticked student without scholarship.... Is that the same thing she should tick. She is not a student now and if that is d correct stuff can we still meet them to correct it before printing out d certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
28days count started on 14th August and will be completed on 10th September. Can I print the SOA and submit application on 10th September (28th day) or I should wait till 11th?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 08, 2018
Congrats.
Been waiting for your Goodnews.
Scottiemi:
Viisa timeline
Biometric and interview 24th of July
Sheffield 29th July
Not straight forward mail 10th August
Mail requesting for phone interview 20th August
Phone interview 21st (less than 2 mins and only answered one question, network was terrible )
Mail requesting for a 2nd interview 30th August
2nd interview 3rd September (Dint hold, got their and was told a decision has been made and I should get my passport in a few days )
Tls website to decision made and ready for collection 5th September
Decision mail 5th September
Collection 6th Sept
Visa was approved since 30th of August
Visa successful.
Thanks to everyone that answered questions and helped all through.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by megaSD: 9:18pm On Sep 08, 2018
LaaJiblik:

Yes
thanks, because I’m worried o. Money no too dey & my sister’s friend in 2015 was delayed by April until she bought a return ticket(that eventually wasted because it was more than a year). The Wakanow attendant was also saying something about getting a return ticket.
But financially,it doesn’t make sense.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olumzy1993: 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2018
LaaJiblik:

Tick the exact box you ticked when you applied for yours. She’s your dependant right?

I ticked student without scholarship.... Is that the same thing she should tick. She is not a student now and if that is d correct stuff can we still meet them to correct it before printing out d certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Scottiemi(f): 11:46pm On Sep 08, 2018
Will check these out, thanks for your continued assistance
mimilyrics:
Congratulations.
www.spareroom.co.uk
www.studenttenant.com
www.rightmove.co.uk
www.gumtree.com
You can check now and book viewings for when you arrive. Don't make payment until you see what you're renting.
You Can also check your school's Facebook page as accommodating listings are sometimes put up there by other students.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (646)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.