Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1339442 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MaEssien(f): 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2018
So... Dropped off hubby at the airport this evening on his way to Coventry via Birmingham with Emirates.. He took grounded egusi, ogbono, garri, beans, stock fish, dry fish, knorr cubes, grounded dry pepper, sardines etc.. We paid 25k for excess luggage sha. But it's worth it
Thanks to all the guys and babes who make this thread tick..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by babarexo: 6:53am On Sep 19, 2018
You will still get the visa.It was delayed in my case as well with two previous refusals.
Okezie86:
yes @ babarexo i had a US visa refusal june this year.but that was a visiting visa with my kids
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 19, 2018
Thanks @babarexo...like how many days did your own take before decision was made?
babarexo:
You will still get the visa.It was delayed in my case as well with two previous refusals.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by humblemoi: 10:00am On Sep 19, 2018
MaEssien:
So... Dropped off hubby at the airport this evening on his way to Coventry via Birmingham with Emirates.. He took grounded egusi, ogbono, garri, beans, stock fish, dry fish, knorr cubes, grounded dry pepper, sardines etc.. We paid 25k for excess luggage sha. But it's worth it
Thanks to all the guys and babes who make this thread tick..

The 25k paid was it because his bags were weighing over the limit of 23kg or for a separate bag of 23kg?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:08am On Sep 19, 2018
MaEssien:

How do I contact you Sir?

Be careful else you will regret it. No responsible parents leave kids with complete strangers not even in the UK.

Think carefully before contacting him

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by walefale(m): 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2018
Good afternoon, I paid for Tier 4 visa on the 6th of September, 2018, went for interview/biometric on the 10th of September, 2018, got a mail from Sheffield on the 12th and I'm yet to hear from them ever since I got the mail from Sheffield. And I paid for priority. I thought priority option is meant to be processed within 5 working days. Today makes it the 7th working day after my interview and the decision is yet to be made.
Can anyone with experience or going through a similar situation or been thru this kinda situation tell me what could be the cause of this delay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by walefale(m): 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2018
If the passport has been returned back to TLS and they haven't sent a mail, at least they would update the person's application status on their website.
davide470:
Call UKVI and ask them. The visa would have been issued but TLS might not have sent a mail. The same thing happened to a friend, UKVI said they have made a decision since and her passport was returned back to TLS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by davide470(m): 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2018
walefale:
If the passport has been returned back to TLS and they haven't sent a mail, at least they would update the person's application status on their website.
TLS can be a funny bunch. Call UKVI, if they said they have made a decision, then please go and make some noise in TLS office.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MaEssien(f): 6:31am On Sep 20, 2018
humblemoi:

The 25k paid was it because his bags were weighing over the limit of 23kg or for a separate bag of 23kg?

One bag weighed 23.kg and the other 32.6kg as there is provision to expand one bag to 32kg for $75 or so.
If we were to pay for extra bag of 23kg, it would have been 56k or there about.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MaEssien(f): 6:44am On Sep 20, 2018
Screenshot of Emirates WhatsApp message @humblemoi

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by humblemoi: 6:45am On Sep 20, 2018
MaEssien:

One bag weighed 23.kg and the other 32.6kg as there is provision to expand one bag to 32kg for $75 or so.
If we were to pay for extra bag of 23kg, it would have been 56k or there about.

Thank you for the information shared.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by humblemoi: 6:52am On Sep 20, 2018
MaEssien:
Screenshot of Emirates WhatsApp message @humblemoi

Oh! Awesome, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MaEssien(f): 6:57am On Sep 20, 2018
justwise:

Be careful else you will regret it. No responsible parents leave kids with complete strangers not even in the UK.

Think carefully before contacting him
Ha! Exactly what my husband said.. He said he's not interested o. Thanks my brother.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Joyeeeee: 7:53am On Sep 20, 2018
Hello Olumzy1993, please I sent you a pm. I would like to ask you a few questions regarding the dependant visa. I would appreciate if you reply my pm. Thanks you.
olumzy1993:
Please i wanted to do TB test for my wife today as my dependant. Which of the options would i chose on the TB form since there is no student dependant option. The closest i saw was settlement and dependant which i selected since it is d only one. Other options include student without scholarship, student with scholarship etc.... Please am i on d right track for her?
I just got my own TIER 4 VISA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Scottiemi(f): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2018
University of the west of Scotland, the cold is mad and the wind is chilling, but it's all good once you are dressed appropriately
Canticle:

Thank you. It's University of Strathclyde. Will be in Glasgow on 30th Sept.... What uni are you attending? How's the weather down there?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by KAMSITO: 12:22pm On Sep 20, 2018
Must one pay full tuition in UK university before admission or visa is given to you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by babarexo: 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2018
No.You are to pay the minimum deposit stipulated by your university.
KAMSITO:
Must one pay full tuition in UK university before admission or visa is given to you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by JoyceMbatu: 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2018
Call them, its possible a decision has been made but not updated on tls
walefale:
Good afternoon, I paid for Tier 4 visa on the 6th of September, 2018, went for interview/biometric on the 10th of September, 2018, got a mail from Sheffield on the 12th and I'm yet to hear from them ever since I got the mail from Sheffield. And I paid for priority. I thought priority option is meant to be processed within 5 working days. Today makes it the 7th working day after my interview and the decision is yet to be made.
Can anyone with experience or going through a similar situation or been thru this kinda situation tell me what could be the cause of this delay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
Thank you mimi and every other contributor.
My son's NHS fee has been refunded after 5 working days

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by acegirl18: 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hey,
Thanks so much. I got my passport back today. My application was successful.
babarexo:
NO.It cannot lead to refusal as the three names are quoted but one spelt differently.You have two names represented which suffices.Just my thought.I am very sure it will fly.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Joyeeeee: 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
Did he call ukvi?
kaad:
Thank you mimi and every other contributor.
My son's NHS fee has been refunded after 5 working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2018
Joyeeeee:
Did he call ukvi?
No, sent E-mails
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by walefale(m): 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
An agent advised not to call UKVI for any enquiries on your application status because that could make them feel one is desperate to travel to the UK. I don't know how true that is.
kaad:

No, sent E-mails

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.