Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,517 members, 7,854,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:37 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1347847 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ufeedoh: 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
Thanks so much, I appreciate
amdx21:

I went thru hell before i could finally pay, and I had 2 dependants to pay for.Most of the banks have reduced their limit to $300 per day, even stanbic that was $1000 is now $350 per day. Luckily I was able to use union bank to pay for IHS cos their limit is $500, but that is not enough to pay for the application fee. I had to use my bro's uk visa card, he was in Nigeria for holidays, and I gave him the Naira equivalent. Also somone's GTB worked but it is a special case cos the bank increased his limit on the card like 2 years ago when he was travelling for studies. I heard that one can also use paga.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by SomD: 11:43am On Jan 07, 2016
Anybody coming to the University of Derby this January?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Transformium: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
SUMMARY OF MY VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

I had issues using my Stanbic Master Card in making online payments. I had thought it would be straightforward and that once the 28days waiting period was up, i would make the IHS and VISA fee payment without breaking a sweat.

Well my card kept telling me the information i supplied online was wrong, i called the contact center, visited my branch but they couldn't resolve the issue. I was hoping to book an appointment for the 22nd of December 2015 but i couldn't as a result of this issue.

Two things i learnt.

1. Be proactive, always think ahead and envisage hitches

2. Never leave things till the last minute.

At the same time i am grateful i didn't book an appointment on the 22nd of December because the only available TLS center for that date was VI and i probably won't have used the priority service. Well that and another reason you would find out shortly.

So i finally paid my IHS and VISA fees with the help of my younger sisters Fidelity bank card while my uncle assisted in making the application fee payment and priority fee payment.

I booked my appointment for the 29th of December 2015 at the Ikeja TLS center. I got all my docs ready and on the main day i left early. Got there 2hours earlier which actually was a life saver at the end of the day.

So on getting there i was approached by some guys asking me if i wanted to take the visa passport photographs. I smiled and told them i had already. He asked to see them and i showed him. He immediately told that they wouldnt accept it because the background was grey.

I was shocked because i had read on the UKBA site that the background should be either grey or cream. I took another set of 8 for N1000 with white background. Things were quite expensive there because of the urgency and importance attached to anything relating to visa application.

I also had to print the 9 pages TIER4 APPENDIX 8 SELF-ASSESSMENT form i had no clue about. I printed 9 pages for N1400. Thank God i got there earlier as i had to take time to fill the form.

This form can be downloaded online for those who would apply in the future so you don't end up spending that much and giving yourself undue pressure at the TLS center. Just simply google it.

For those who would use the priority service in the future, when you visit the TLS site make sure you start from the homepage so you can select your country and the TLS center where you booked an appointment on the VISA4U website.

For example If you make a wrong choice like paying under IKEJA TLS center instead of VI TLS center, you would have to forfeit the money you paid and you wouldn't be given the priority service. TAKE NOTE.

LIST OF DOCS SUBMITTED

1. Updated CAS letter (copy)
2. TB test result (original)
3. IELTS result (original)
4. BSc Certificate (original)
5. Academic reference (original) - Not complusory
6. ECOWAS passport. (Make a copy before going)
7. Bank Statement (original)
8. Visa application form printout
9. Academic Transcript (original)
10. Statement of result (original)
11. Priority payment online reciept printout
12. Appointment Confirmation printout
13. IHS payment confirmation printout
14. TIER 4 SELF-ASSESSMENT APPENDIX 8 FORM

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED

1. Course start and end date.
2. Course and NQF level
3. Why your choice of university
4. Why the UK
5. Accomodation plan's
5. Course studied at undergraduate level.
6. Years taken to obtain first degree
7. What you currently do at the moment
8. What you hope to get out of studying the course

Interview took about 7mins and you would be alone in a small office with a pc in your front and an headset while you speak via a Skype like application to someone in the UK.

STAGES OF MY APPLICATION

1. Application submitted online (23/12/2015)
2. Doc submitted at the TLS center (29/12/2015)
3. Application transferred to UKVI (29/12/2015)
4. Application received by UKVI (30/12/2015)
5. Decision made by UKVI (5/1/2016)
6. Doc ready for collection and picked up by me (6/1/2016)

In summary with the priority service it took exactly 5days to process my application.

Thanks to those who were of great help to me. You guys rock.

Cc: justwise, chilez, creamyworkz and 1step2right

**Modified**
cc: Agustephenogwo - This should answer your questions on documents.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Shammak(m): 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
Anyone going to University of Nottingham by September
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:26am On Jan 08, 2016
@Transformium

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2016
People, am in a jam. To cut the long story short, the account my dad prepared for the purpose of financial evidence is his own company's account. He owns a 1 man business and that is basically the only account he runs. So UKEAS told me I won't be able to use it. A friend of my mom that works in a bank called earlier and said It is possible to get a letter from the bank that says he's the cole signatory to the account. My question now is will that help, is there any way at all we can use the account cos If I don't, I don't have 28 days anymore and the scholl has refused to issue me the cas. Abeg, pls help.. Please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
chupcake:
People, am in a jam. To cut the long story short, the account my dad prepared for the purpose of financial evidence is his own company's account. He owns a 1 man business and that is basically the only account he runs. So UKEAS told me I won't be able to use it. A friend of my mom that works in a bank called earlier and said It is possible to get a letter from the bank that says he's the cole signatory to the account. My question now is will that help, is there any way at all we can use the account cos If I don't, I don't have 28 days anymore and the scholl has refused to issue me the cas. Abeg, pls help.. Please.

Not possible, you can't use that account even with the letter from the bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 11:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
justwise:

And they say it had to be either of my folks or is there a way around it where I can use someone else account. Even if I have to make them my legal guardian which brings me to the next question, If that works, how will I do it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 11:52pm On Jan 08, 2016
justwise:

And they say it had to be either of my folks or is there a way around it where I can use someone else account. Even if I have to make them my legal guardian which brings me to the next question, If that works, how will I do it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lilreese: 12:26am On Jan 09, 2016
Do i need bank statements if my state government is sponsoring my maintenance funds and course fees ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:28am On Jan 09, 2016
chupcake:

That will not work, you don't just pick somebody as your legal guardian as an adult. You did not plan this well early enough to give yourself room for plan B. It's too late now to try any short cut.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 8:17am On Jan 09, 2016
chupcake:

If u want to use the legal guardian route, u should be ready to provide a court document as and evidence of ur relationship to your legal guidian, and i honestly dont think there is any paper work for guradianship in the Nigerian legal system. by the way i dont knw if this will work but it shouldnt hurt to try, i think if your dad can meet his bank and change his account name, if he has a good rapport with his account officer, they should be able to change his account name, he'll probably have to go through some processess bt i believe they should, so long as he has an ID dah carries the name he intends to use
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lilreese: 7:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
lilreese:
Do i need bank statements if my state government is sponsoring my maintenance funds and course fees ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by oamronnie(f): 11:27am On Jan 11, 2016
No, you don't. You just need to show proof of funding. However, if there is no proof of funding but they have paid the money into your account, you need to present your bank statement[quote author=lilreese post=41852587][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2016
lilreese:

What you need is the scholarship letter clearly explaining the financial details of the scholarship given to you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 11, 2016
Hey Guys. I commend u all for the good work u people are doing here. Pls, I will like to know whether I can use a 'Letter in lieu of Certificate' issued by my uni Registrar to apply 4 my UK visa since my degree certificate isn't ready.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2016
Realman87:
Hey Guys. I commend u all for the good work u people are doing here. Pls, I will like to know whether I can use a 'Letter in lieu of Certificate' issued by my uni Registrar to apply 4 my UK visa since my degree certificate isn't ready.

Did you use that letter to gain admission and its listed in your CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 11, 2016
No I didn't. I used my Student copy of transcript and completion statement/success letter to apply to my school. What is listed on my CAS is my degree certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:57am On Jan 11, 2016
Realman87:
No I didn't. I used my Student copy of transcript and completion statement/success letter to apply to my school. What is listed on my CAS is my degree certificate.

...and that is all you need to submit for visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
Yes. What if d certificate is not ready. Can I obtain a 'Letter in lieu of Certificate' from my school's Registrar. Is it acceptable by the UK High Commission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
Realman87:
Yes. What if d certificate is not ready. Can I obtain a 'Letter in lieu of Certificate' from my school's Registrar. Is it acceptable by the UK High Commission.

I doubt that, you shouldn't have used a certificate that is not readily available to you to gain an admission
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by oamronnie(f): 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
Just inform your school the certificate is not ready and ask if they can issue another CAS and change the 'degree certificate' to the 'success letter' you have. If they won't, the only way out is to get the degree certificate.
Realman87:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
I didn't use a certificate to apply. What I used was my student transcript but the schools country rep who is handling my visa says I either get an official traNscript or I obtaiN a letter (in place of a cert) from my school's registrar. My CAS didn't really list any docs. It only said- How suitability was assessed: Course title: Chem engr. Course type: B.Eng. Awarding body: University of PH.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
Realman87:
I didn't use a certificate to apply. What I used was my student transcript but the schools country rep who is handling my visa says I either get an official traNscript or I obtaiN a letter (in place of a cert) from my school's registrar. My CAS didn't really list any docs. It only said- How suitability was assessed: Course title: Chem engr. Course type: B.Eng. Awarding body: University of PH.

Realman87:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
What am sayin is Under course type, they wrote B.Eng. I don't know whether this is the doc they list. I haven't seen a CAS statement b4 so am not sure.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2016
oamronnie:
Just inform your school the certificate is not ready and ask if they can issue another CAS and change the 'degree certificate' to the 'success letter' you have. If they won't, the only way out is to get the degree certificate.
. OK. I will do as u say. Tanx.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bennymine: 8:15am On Jan 12, 2016
Transformium:
SUMMARY OF MY VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

I had issues using my Stanbic Master Card in making online payments. I had thought it would be straightforward and that once the 28days waiting period was up, i would make the IHS and VISA fee payment without breaking a sweat.

Well my card kept telling me the information i supplied online was wrong, i called the contact center, visited my branch but they couldn't resolve the issue. I was hoping to book an appointment for the 22nd of December 2015 but i couldn't as a result of this issue.

Two things i learnt.

1. Be proactive, always think ahead and envisage hitches

2. Never leave things till the last minute.

At the same time i am grateful i didn't book an appointment on the 22nd of December because the only available TLS center for that date was VI and i probably won't have used the priority service. Well that and another reason you would find out shortly.

So i finally paid my IHS and VISA fees with the help of my younger sisters Fidelity bank card while my uncle assisted in making the application fee payment and priority fee payment.

I booked my appointment for the 29th of December 2015 at the Ikeja TLS center. I got all my docs ready and on the main day i left early. Got there 2hours earlier which actually was a life saver at the end of the day.

So on getting there i was approached by some guys asking me if i wanted to take the visa passport photographs. I smiled and told them i had already. He asked to see them and i showed him. He immediately told that they wouldnt accept it because the background was grey.

I was shocked because i had read on the UKBA site that the background should be either grey or cream. I took another set of 8 for N1000 with white background. Things were quite expensive there because of the urgency and importance attached to anything relating to visa application.

I also had to print the 9 pages TIER4 APPENDIX 8 SELF-ASSESSMENT form i had no clue about. I printed 9 pages for N1400. Thank God i got there earlier as i had to take time to fill the form.

This form can be downloaded online for those who would apply in the future so you don't end up spending that much and giving yourself undue pressure at the TLS center. Just simply google it.

For those who would use the priority service in the future, when you visit the TLS site make sure you start from the homepage so you can select your country and the TLS center where you booked an appointment on the VISA4U website.

For example If you make a wrong choice like paying under IKEJA TLS center instead of VI TLS center, you would have to forfeit the money you paid and you wouldn't be given the priority service. TAKE NOTE.

LIST OF DOCS SUBMITTED

1. Updated CAS letter (copy)
2. TB test result (original)
3. IELTS result (original)
4. BSc Certificate (original)
5. Academic reference (original) - Not complusory
6. ECOWAS passport. (Make a copy before going)
7. Bank Statement (original)
8. Visa application form printout
9. Academic Transcript (original)
10. Statement of result (original)
11. Priority payment online reciept printout
12. Appointment Confirmation printout
13. IHS payment confirmation printout
14. TIER 4 SELF-ASSESSMENT APPENDIX 8 FORM

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED

1. Course start and end date.
2. Course and NQF level
3. Why your choice of university
4. Why the UK
5. Accomodation plan's
5. Course studied at undergraduate level.
6. Years taken to obtain first degree
7. What you currently do at the moment
8. What you hope to get out of studying the course

Interview took about 7mins and you would be alone in a small office with a pc in your front and an headset while you speak via a Skype like application to someone in the UK.

STAGES OF MY APPLICATION

1. Application submitted online (23/12/2015)
2. Doc submitted at the TLS center (29/12/2015)
3. Application transferred to UKVI (29/12/2015)
4. Application received by UKVI (30/12/2015)
5. Decision made by UKVI (5/1/2016)
6. Doc ready for collection and picked up by me (6/1/2016)

In summary with the priority service it took exactly 5days to process my application.

Thanks to those who were of great help to me. You guys rock.

Cc: justwise, chilez, creamyworkz and 1step2right

The statements below were copied from "Guide to supporting documents > Point Based System Tier 4 (General)"

 If your country does not support online applications you must complete and submit form VAF9 and self assessment form Appendix 8.
 If you make an online application you must also print it off and submit with your supporting documents.

You must only complete the self assessment form Appendix 8 and submit a printed copy with your application form if you are unable to apply online.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Harrypoter(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hello justwise
Pls i need your urgent advice on this.

I jot got my visa with a mitake on the START DATE (VALID FROM). My course is starting on 1st Feb and i intend travelling to the UK like 23rd Feb but the start date (valid until) issued on my visa is 11th Feb 2016.

Pls what do i do??

Can it be corrected? How do THEY do it?? Thank you please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
Harrypoter
Have you got permission in writing to rejoin your school that late?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
Harrypoter:
Hello justwise
Pls i need your urgent advice on this.

I jot got my visa with a mitake on the START DATE (VALID FROM). My course is starting on 1st Feb and i intend travelling to the UK like 23rd Feb but the start date (valid until) issued on my visa is 11th Feb 2016.

Pls what do i do??

Can it be corrected? How do THEY do it?? Thank you please.

Yes it can be corrected but why are you traveling weeks after the start date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ufeedoh: 10:38am On Jan 15, 2016
Good morning, Anybody going to BPP University (Holborn) here

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.