Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,471 members, 7,857,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1348756 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alabizzzz: 1:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
@ creamyworkz There is no email address on the letter and please can you help me with the email address ? i applied in abuja and again how many weeks did it take for them to respond to yours? if i fill 2 forms for me and my spouse can i send them together in one email and between email and using dhl to send it please which one will you advise ?

Please reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alabizzzz: 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
@ creamyworkz There is no email address on the letter and please can you help me with the email address ? i applied in abuja and again how many weeks did it take for them to respond to yours? if i fill 2 forms for me and my spouse can i send them together in one email and between email and using dhl to send it please which one will you advise ?

Please reply

creamyworkz:

Sorry about the refusal. The administrative review is actually a relatively easy process, my visa was denied as well and i did the same thing and got my visa. wah you'll do is go to the link for the AR form in the refusal notice and download the form, print it out and fill it, then scan it and send it to the the email address on the letter. they'll go thru it and hopefully they'll ask you to submit your passport and a copy of the mail requesting you to submit your passport to the same vac you applied from and dats it. to be on the safe side fill two forms for yourself and your spouse and make reference to her case in ur letter and vis-versa in hers. I wish you the very best. just incase there's anything you dont understand bout the process along the line, i'll be glad to help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 3:30pm On Feb 16, 2016
alabizzzz:

Please reply

The email is: Administrative.Reviews@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I submitted via mail on 4th of January and got my passport , i got a mail requesting for my passport on 20th, and a decision mail on 26th of January and finally got my passport back on 2nd of February.
But from my observation abuja vac is faster than VI center so chances are yours might even be faster.
I think its better to send it together in one mail, so it will be treated together.
for me An Email will do it all. They stopped receiving hard copies of request for administrative review. Just be sure to state clearly the reasons why you think the decision made earlier is wrong. There is a link to the form on the refusal letter as well as a link to guidelines on how to fill the form. cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alabizzzz: 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
creamyworkz:

The email is: Administrative.Reviews@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I submitted via mail on 4th of January and got my passport , i got a mail requesting for my passport on 20th, and a decision mail on 26th of January and finally got my passport back on 2nd of February.
But from my observation abuja vac is faster than VI center so chances are yours might even be faster.
I think its better to send it together in one mail, so it will be treated together.
for me An Email will do it all. They stopped receiving hard copies of request for administrative review. Just be sure to state clearly the reasons why you think the decision made earlier is wrong. There is a link to the form on the refusal letter as well as a link to guidelines on how to fill the form. cheers

@ creamyworkz I called abuja embassy and i was given this email admin.reviewabuja@fco.gov.uk to email it, Thanks for your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 4:08pm On Feb 16, 2016
alabizzzz:

@ creamyworkz I called abuja embassy and i was given this email admin.reviewabuja@fco.gov.uk to email it, Thanks for your response
It probably goes to the same box. You are welcome. Another thing is, be sure to keep the immigration representative at your school updated bout your progress. The one in my school virtually did my running around for me. I think every school has a contact at the UKVI so he/she can monitor the progress of your request and give you real time notification on its progress. just my 2cents
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alabizzzz: 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
creamyworkz:

It probably goes to the same box. You are welcome. Another thing is, be sure to keep the immigration representative at your school updated bout your progress. The one in my school virtually did my running around for me. I think every school has a contact at the UKVI so he/she can monitor the progress of your request and give you real time notification on its progress. just my 2cents

I spoke with them yesterday and the guy is the one that said re applying is just like a cheating that i should apply for AR that they will give me an extension till middle of april because my resumption date is march 7th. I will send the email today and i will update the guy in charge of it in my school about the progress and do they acknowledge email when you send them one?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alabizzzz: 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2016
creamyworkz:

@ creamyworkz I spoke with them yesterday and the guy is the one that said re applying is just like a cheating that i should apply for AR that they will give me an extension till middle of april because my resumption date is march 7th. I will send the email today and i will update the guy in charge of it in my school about the progress and do they acknowledge email when you send them one?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
alabizzzz:

I spoke with them yesterday and the guy is the one that said re applying is just like a cheating that i should apply for AR that they will give me an extension till middle of april because my resumption date is march 7th. I will send the email today and i will update the guy in charge of it in my school about the progress and do they acknowledge email when you send them one?

I cant remember for sure, bt i think they do. All the best bro. those people can be very annoying jare.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
alabizzzz:

@ justwise thanks for the response and please my last question.
If I win the AR are they going to ask for me and my spouse passport or do I need to submit 2 AR form inside the envelope because they wrote it on her refusal letter that she can apply for AR?

Please reply thanks

Yes they will contact you by email and ask you to submit your passport for visa. If both application were made together then one AR is enough you don't need to write two
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alabizzzz: 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
justwise:

Yes they will contact you by email and ask you to submit your passport for visa. If both application were made together then one AR is enough you don't need to write two

@ justwise Both application were made together
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
alabizzzz:

@ justwise Both application were made together

Ok, then one AR addressing the refusal points/mistake is enough
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Banim(m): 1:33am On Feb 17, 2016
Is there any way anyone knows of paying Tuition to the UK at close to official CBN rate?

Cos cards have been disabled,, western union can't be used to send anymore,, and bank wants to do wire transfer at #450 => £1

All these things are kinda frustrating
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alabizzzz: 1:08pm On Feb 17, 2016
justwise:

Ok, then one AR addressing the refusal points/mistake is enough

@ justwise , creamyworkz

I have filled the AR form and it has been sent to the email that was given to me, please are they going to acknowledge my email?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
alabizzzz:

@ justwise , creamyworkz

I have filled the AR form and it has been sent to the email that was given to me, please are they going to acknowledge my email?

you should get an acknowledgement mail later today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alabizzzz: 10:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
creamyworkz:

you should get an acknowledgement mail later today.

@ creamyworkz, justwise. I got a call from them today and I was told to submit my passport as soon as possible with my spouse
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 11:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
alabizzzz:

@ creamyworkz, justwise. I got a call from them today and I was told to submit my passport as soon as possible with my spouse

Congrats, u just got ur visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:02am On Feb 19, 2016
alabizzzz:

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alabizzzz: 10:38am On Feb 19, 2016
creamyworkz:

Congrats, u just got ur visa.

@ creamyworkz, justwise thanks for taking your time to respond to all my questions but that was very quick sha
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by nagalee(m): 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2016
I am new to nairaland
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
alabizzzz:

@ creamyworkz, justwise thanks for taking your time to respond to all my questions but that was very quick sha

Yea they can be that quick, they don't keep you hanging
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
nagalee:
I am new to nairaland

Welcome here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by muteEcho: 10:26pm On Feb 20, 2016
creamyworkz:

Do i need a student ID to get the bus pass?

Are you settled in now? and do you know your way around the city centre and Garthdee already?

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bubsykay: 10:31am On Feb 22, 2016
Please how long does it take to get TB test result from IOM?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2016
muteEcho:

Are you settled in now? and do you know your way around the city centre and Garthdee already?

Cheers

Yea i am, thanks to 'em peeps on niaraland and my friends in uni aberdeen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
bubsykay:
Please how long does it take to get TB test result from IOM?

If you persuade them you can actually get it the same day (dahs if u do the test early on that day tho) bt normally they ask you to come pick it the day after. with the exception of fridays
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lookee: 11:52pm On Feb 22, 2016
Hello Justwise, I have been reading through the thread and I must appreciate your effort.
I would like to ask what can an individual who has submitted an Admin review do after waiting for more than 28 days.

I applied in Lagos and still have not received any response even after waiting for 28 days. I need to know who to contact to find about what is their decision as the school has already contacted them severally.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:21am On Feb 23, 2016
lookee:
Hello Justwise, I have been reading through the thread and I must appreciate your effort.
I would like to ask what can an individual who has submitted an Admin review do after waiting for more than 28 days.

I applied in Lagos and still have not received any response even after waiting for 28 days. I need to know who to contact to find about what is their decision as the school has already contacted them severally.

Contact the embassy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lookee: 8:49am On Feb 23, 2016
Thanks for your response

Please can you kindly provide a contact detail to the British High commission in Lagos
The following numbers do not go through
Telephone: (00 234) (1) 2619531, 2619537, 2619541

I will also appreciate emails as well

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yababoy(m): 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
Yababoy:
@Justwise: Thanks for the help you're rendering on this forum. I'm still greatly indebted to you. I am planning to go for another Postgraduate program in the UK for September. Do you have information on how people have been coping with the exchange rate fluctuations and what rate is used in converting the maintainance fees now; the official or parallel market rates?
Hello Justwise, I didn't get any replies from u on the above. I have sorted that out though but I have another question. Because of the exchange fluctuations I have decided to pay my full 9 months accommodation cost for my September admission upfront. Please will I still be required at the point of visa application to show full cost of living or will the accommodation cost be discounted. I'll appreciate ur answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
Yababoy:

Hello Justwise, I didn't get any replies from u on the above. I have sorted that out though but I have another question. Because of the exchange fluctuations I have decided to pay my full 9 months accommodation cost for my September admission upfront. Please will I still be required at the point of visa application to show full cost of living or will the accommodation cost be discounted. I'll appreciate ur answer.

You shouldn't have done that, a deposit is all you needed to do, the British embassy will only accept maximum of about £1000 as deposit for accommodation. You still have to show maintenance money though £1000 less(have to check the actual figure)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by blank(f): 5:27am On Feb 24, 2016
justwise:

You shouldn't have done that, a deposit is all you needed to do, the British embassy will only accept maximum of about £1000 as deposit for accommodation. You still have to show maintenance money though £1000 less(have to check the actual figure)

@Justwise, are you sure of this? Is this a recent requirement? My brother paid his accommodation and tuition in full before travelling and only showed the balance of maintenance. But this was quite a while back. Like 5 years now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:30am On Feb 24, 2016
blank:

@Justwise, are you sure of this? Is this a recent requirement? My brother paid his accommodation and tuition in full before travelling and only showed the balance of maintenance. But this was quite a while back. Like 5 years now.

If you can show that you have already paid all or some of your accommodation fees to your Tier 4 sponsor before making your application, this amount up to a maximum of £1,265, will also be taken away from the total amount of money you will need to show for living costs, however, the amount taken away cannot exceed a maximum of £1,265, even if you have paid more than £1,265 in advance for accommodation.

Read from 175 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/477366/T4_Migrant_Guidance_Nov_V1_0.pdf

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (646)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.