Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1338569 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
Mehn....People are running to UK now as against Germany, Canada and US.

Happy new month to everyone and happy birthday to Nigeria wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mogatti: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
[quote author=Zoey1 post=82741845]You get a visa covering year or years of coursework only should you secure placement you would be asked to apply again for extension covering the placement year.

OK many tanx zoey1 for ur response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Papkaycee: 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hello guys, I've been following this this thread for some time now, and I just thought I'd share with y'all..
Visa granted

Biometrics done 24th September

Received by DMC same day

Collection mail 30th September

Priority visa in 4 working days grin all thanks to God

Btw.. I was denied UK visit visa in 2013 and US study visa earlier this year, and I'm so happy this one went through grin

Also, I've been checking for flights and got the cheapest from kayak.co.uk (from 133k) y'all can check it out.

It's all gonna end in praise! grin

Anyone going to Coventry?? Let's link up!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2019
Info is wrong.

Your CAS will state the expected end date and if it's a 2 year programme, you will be issued 2 years + 4 months

[quote author=mogatti post=82743625][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 6:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
Since UKVI does not accept Sibling sponsorship if asked , your parents provided funds.
jessyeve:
Please attend to my question, if I present myself as self sponsored, does my source of money matter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mogatti: 7:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
[quote author=Bourne007 post=82748315]Info is wrong.

Your CAS will state the expected end date and if it's a 2 year programme, you will be issued 2 years + 4 months

Now am confused
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2019
Nothing to be confused about. If you applied for a 2 year programme with placement, you will get 2 years visa

[quote author=mogatti post=82748902][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by hotboss: 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2019
Paramedickelvin:
Good afternoon all please when will admission be late for UK universities for January? though I wanted to apply early but am still waiting for my tuition refund from Conestoga College Canada which might take up to 6 weeks,I will like someone to put me through some Good schools in UK.Thanks....

I paid deposit too there, did you pay full?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 7:47pm On Oct 01, 2019
Not all schools does that.
Some schools remove the placement, state on your CAS that your study is for the course work duration alone and make you understand that should get placement they will give another go ahead for your visa.
That I am sure of.
Bourne007:
Nothing to be confused about. If you applied for a 2 year programme with placement, you will get 2 years visa

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2019
Congrats

Papkaycee:
Hello guys, I've been following this this thread for some time now, and I just thought I'd share with y'all..
Visa granted

Biometrics done 24th September

Received by DMC same day

Collection mail 30th September

Priority visa in 4 working days grin all thanks to God

Btw.. I was denied UK visit visa in 2013 and US study visa earlier this year, and I'm so happy this one went through grin

Also, I've been checking for flights and got the cheapest from kayak.co.uk (from 133k) y'all can check it out.

It's all gonna end in praise! grin

Anyone going to Coventry?? Let's link up!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 7:50pm On Oct 01, 2019
You can mail my school and tell them what they did was wrong.
The title of the course even included "with placement year or study abroad" yet it was not added to the visa duration.

Bourne007:
Info is wrong.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
Okay thanks.
Zoey1:
Since UKVI does not accept Sibling sponsorship if asked , your parents provided funds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tajmal: 8:20pm On Oct 01, 2019
Zoey1:
Not all schools does that.
Some schools remove the placement, state on your CAS that your study is for the course work duration alone and make you understand that should get placement they will give another go ahead for your visa.
That I am sure of.

So how many years IHS will one pay for, if the cousrse duration is 2 years ( 1 year coursework and the other placement)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Paramedickelvin: 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2019
hotboss:

I paid deposit too there, did you pay full?
Yes 15,000Cad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
You are paying for whatever duration your CAS states.
tajmal:

So how many years IHS will one pay for, if the cousrse duration is 2 years ( 1 year coursework and the other placement)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2019
Is he coming to your school cheesy?

Your school chose to do that doesn't mean you should generalise hence the wrong info.

Zoey1:
You can mail my school and tell them what they did was wrong.
The title of the course even included "with placement year or study abroad" yet it was not added to the visa duration.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Miele(f): 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hello everyone,

I’ve got a few questions and I’ll appreciate all answers.

Firstly, I’m coming back from the UK to Lagos to apply for a new student visa. I’ve got a Barclays Bank account and I was wondering if I can use my UK bank statement to apply for the visa in Nigeria?

Secondly, my uni starts on the 6th of Jan 2020 and I’m very aware that I can make my application 3 months before the time. My current visa expires at the end of this month and I was wondering if it’s still possible to make an application here in the UK or I would need to come back and make the application?

Thirdly, I plan to fly on the 28th of October but print out the statement beforehand and bring it back with me. I’ve heard conflicting information that the bank statement needs to be printed on the morning that I submit all my visa documents at the embassy, how true is this please?

Finally, does anyone know how long before my course starts I can be granted entry back into the UK?

Sorry for the long questions. I’ve been lurking on this thread and I appreciate all the insightful informations on here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 9:46pm On Oct 01, 2019
Knowing that some school can do it should make you to understand that the "info is not wrong" like you claimed.
Ask him if He's coming to my school.
If it is not right UKVI would have questioned it.
If you don't know it, don't call it wrong ,Simple.

Bourne007:

Your school chose to do that doesn't mean you should generalise hence the wrong info.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 9:52pm On Oct 01, 2019
1. If the account is in your parents name or yours. Yes, you can use it
2. You cannot apply within the UK.
3. The account statement submitted must not be older than 28days at your submission. It does not have to be printed that morning.
4. You can enter the UK 1 month before resumption if your course is more than 6months.

Miele:
Hello everyone,

I’ve got a few questions and I’ll appreciate all answers.

Firstly, I’m coming back from the UK to Lagos to apply for a new student visa. I’ve got a Barclays Bank account and I was wondering if I can use my UK bank statement to apply for the visa in Nigeria?

Secondly, my uni starts on the 6th of Jan 2020 and I’m very aware that I can make my application 3 months before the time. My current visa expires at the end of this month and I was wondering if it’s still possible to make an application here in the UK or I would need to come back and make the application?

Thirdly, I plan to fly on the 28th of October but print out the statement beforehand and bring it back with me. I’ve heard conflicting information that the bank statement needs to be printed on the morning that I submit all my visa documents at the embassy, how true is this please?

Finally, does anyone know how long before my course starts I can be granted entry back into the UK?

Sorry for the long questions. I’ve been lurking on this thread and I appreciate all the insightful informations on here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Miele(f): 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
Zoey1:
1. If the account is in your parents name or yours. Yes, you can use it
2. You cannot apply within the UK.
3. The account statement submitted must not be older than 28days at your submission. It does not have to be printed that morning.
4. You can enter the UK 1 month before resumption if your course is more than 6months.

Yes the account is in my name so that’s fine.

Okay thank you cause I plan on returning back to the UK before Christmas.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sleeksylvia(f): 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
Meraldola:
Pls is it possible to use my barclays bank online statement without it being signed Cuz for it to be signed the request must be made in-bank.
Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
I sincerely think this third party sponsorship is being misquoted, I was really wondering because it did be absurd to prevent someone from studying when someone other than her parents is willing to pay, I think their problem with third party is that they dont want to see the third party account statement, doesn't mean u show hide them or something, I have read this several places but I was trying to be certain, another person can sponsor but UKVI wants to deal directly with u or ur parents,please be guided.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Abiscoco: 2:24am On Oct 02, 2019
Hello everyone. Please, I just got admission into Teesside University but I had a conversation with someone who is studying there and the person mentioned there is a scarcity of part-time jobs for international students in the area. Please does anyone know how true this is? Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lachynos2k2(m): 4:27am On Oct 02, 2019
Hello guys, I'm looking forward to enrolling for a pgd program on biological sciences in the UK but I'm totally confused by an ocean of universities to choose from. Can someone who has any idea about it save me the stress and give me a better suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 4:51am On Oct 02, 2019
Rather than confuse yourself on a school website, go to UKVI website and study it properly.
I am not sure anyone here ever told you not to be sponsored by anyone that wishes.
The only truth is UKVI only wants to see your account or your parents account and they don't want to hear you are being sponsored by anyother than you or your parents.
Should anyother person be doing so, they want you to classify it as Self Sponsored.

jessyeve:
I sincerely think this third party sponsorship is being misquoted, I was really wondering because it did be absurd to prevent someone from studying when someone other than her parents is willing to pay, I think their problem with third party is that they dont want to see the third party account statement, doesn't mean u show hide them or something, I have read this several places but I was trying to be certain, another person can sponsor but UKVI wants to deal directly with u or ur parents,please be guided.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:12am On Oct 02, 2019
Miele:

Yes the account is in my name so that’s fine.

Okay thank you cause I plan on returning back to the UK before Christmas.

Thank you.

Have you done any research regarding extending tie4 student visa within the U.K.? https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/extend-your-visa

Maybe you just want to spend Xmas in Nigeria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:17am On Oct 02, 2019
jessyeve:

This is how misinformation starts...you are deliberately peddling it here and trying to convince yourself.

The screenshot you uploaded made it clear still you are trying to twist it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:23am On Oct 02, 2019
jessyeve:

Just wise this is how I read it with my inexperience eyes but since its inexperience I kept it to myself so I dont misinform

I thought as long as the money is in your account that fine regardless of who sponsoring you or how it got there. So what I am not clear off is if on the application form you are asked to state the source of fund
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:28am On Oct 02, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Just wise this is how I read it with my inexperience eyes but since its inexperience I kept it to myself so I dont misinform

I thought as long as the money is in your account that fine regardless of who sponsoring you or how it got there. So what I am not clear off is if on the application form you are asked to state the source of fund

Doubt there is such question in the application form.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:39am On Oct 02, 2019
justwise:

Doubt there is such question in the application form.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Toba101: 7:00am On Oct 02, 2019
Good morning everyone,please do we av anyone in university of western Scotland, am searching for an accommodation outside campus,if possible if I can pay from here before leaving.
Secondly, is it adviceable I leave with my dependence or I go first and they join me soonest . thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jayvallia: 7:56am On Oct 02, 2019
Bourne007:

Well I got a one year visa. Then the school is supposed to apply to the embassy for an additional 1year for the placement. It's not stated on the CAS.

Quick question though, we were told if you want to benefit from the 12month placement, then you shouldn't have done any kind of job in the UK. As in no part time job. You shouldn't use the 20hr weekly ukvi won't extend your Visa. Anyone heard this before? I am in Birmingham

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.