Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:54 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1378131 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
akinbo3:

I once applied for One 16months MSC in Bournemouth. But after d announcement of d 2-year permits.
K did d calculations and later opt for the 2-years MSC.

Bournemouth and Sheffield hallam University have lists of 2-years MSC programs with PLACEMENT year from Jan 2020-Jan 2022.

Don't risk your time and money. Target (after) summer 2021 for the work permit I.e choose a 2year course over 1year.
But for 2020 September h re good to go if u choose 1year course.
Hope this help someone...?

That is not true, Jan2020 starters will qualify because they have longer academic year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
hosey:
This is 9 months MSC programme here: http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/subject-area/finance-pg.aspx

Are you telling me they will also graduate in the summer of 2021 because their program commences in January 2020.

I never said those who apply January 2020 are ineligible. It depends on the duration and end date of your CAS.

This is as simple as ABC.

No one should misquote me if you want to argue.

I won't tolerate any lie. You are going out of order.

I think it's okay now I am sure you have shared your thoughts on this and some of us are new here seeing this back and forth is not really helping us that are new and what to get information. Anyway thank you for sharing your information and we appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2019
STENON:
either Tier 1, 2,3,4 or 7 visa. Teaching is sweet in UK cheesy wink kiss, not as difficult as it was in NAIJA.

Get into teaching with your 20 hours student permit and be earning BIG. They will even sponsor your work visa if you are very good.

Please do they allow anyone to teach?like those who are not in the teaching field.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
akinbo3:

Don't get it wrong!
Jan 2020 doesn't ends in May 2021 summer
Mind you, your VISA ends in May 2021, not your Program!

You are expected to end ur course between DECEMBER 2020-JANUARY 2021.
the extra 4MONTH left on your Visa does means its ur course ending date. But maybe incase u av carry-over and can also work with it for 4 months.

Most Jan 2020 course ends Dec 2020 or Jan 2021. & never entitle to summer 2year permit. Don't b mislead..

Nice one bro.

See we have said our own.

People now have the opportunity to make informed decision.

If anyone wants to benefit from the 2 year post study visa with certainty, apply in September 2020.

You can also apply in Jan 2020 of your course is end date as written in your CAS is in the summer.

Visa end date is different from course end date.

We have tried our best to inform you all.

Good luck in your respective careers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
Purplenerd:

Please do they allow anyone to teach?like those who are not in the teaching field.
no, except you have PGDE, BEd or BSc(Ed). The high demanding subjects are Physics, Mathematics, General science sometimes Biology or Chemistry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
STENON:
no, except you have PGDE, BEd or BSc(Ed). The high demanding subjects are Physics, Mathematics, General science sometimes Biology or Chemistry

Thank you please what about someone who has English B.A?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
Purplenerd:

Thank you please what about someone who has English B.A?
You can enrol for PGDE and be teaching English to non-native English speakers in UK schools.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
STENON:
You can enrol for PGDE and be teaching English to non-native English speakers in UK schools.

Okay thank you so much I really appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
maka11:
Got my cas today and I’m going for a 2yrs course with additional 7months work placement what school did you apply to ?

Thats good, i applied for Bournemouth University.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
akinbo3:

Don't get it wrong!

the extra 4MONTH left on your Visa does means its ur course ending date. But maybe incase u av carry-over and can also work with it for 4 months.

Most Jan 2020 course ends Dec 2020 or Jan 2021. & never entitle to summer 2year permit. Don't b mislead..

Yes they should not be mislead by you

Courses that start Jan have different structure, after the orientation lectures starts from Feb till April-May when the exam takes place then summer holiday which will last till Sept 2020, last semester starts Oct to Dec then Xmas break. After Xmas break exam starts Feb-March then final project starts which will last till May-June 2021. Got it now?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
akinbo3:

I once applied for One 16months MSC in Bournemouth. But after d announcement of d 2-year permits.

Bournemouth and Sheffield hallam University have lists of 2-years MSC programs with PLACEMENT year from Jan 2020-Jan 2022.

Don't risk your time and money. Target (after) summer 2021 for the work permit I.e choose a 2year course over 1year.

Yes most times its good to go through lists of courses and check their details with a double check. I got admission in Salford university Manchester with a placement but when i checked the admission letter i discovered that even the placement was included in the one year course duratiom unlike most schools that add extra 6months placement to the one year duration making it 18months. I even got about £3000 juicy scholarship from Salford but after weighing my options and doing more research i opted for Bournemouth which gave me 2years with entry requirements that welcomed applicants from different course background provided ur application stands out from other applications. Though its September intake is about 18 months only.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by frapzkid: 4:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
akinbo3:

Beautiful!

VISA ends date is definitely deferent from COURSE end date!
Simple advise:
Apply for 2-years January 2020 - January 2022 or
Apply for 1-year September 2020
To be on assured SAFER SIDE of the Postgraduate work permit.

Everything is Risk in life: some January course are 16 months yes ofcourse,
University college Birmingham has 18-months Ma & MSC for January starts as cheap as £11,000-£10,500 accredited by Birmingham University but I cant manage to take any risk due to experience!

Instead better find a 2-years PLUS+ additional 4-months that's 2years 4months hopefully PLUS+ 2 years work permit.... u will be at peace ofcourse.

I wonder why some are in a hurry . If you check the first post I made, i was highly angry i came back home without any experience. It made finding a job harder.
Now the home office in UK have brought a new measure but at a condition , only for those who graduate by July 2021 and afterwards .

I planned to do my 2 years masters this October but when I heard the news, i shifted mine till next year. The UK is not running away for crying out loud. With this new scheme you will be able to spend a whopping 4 years in the UK ( if you doing a 2 years masters with placement ) or 3 years .

It would be a win win for you, the university and the British Government whether you eventually settle in the UK or not.

What Boris Johnson Government is trying to say is
"Immigrants can never be a burden to the economy as long as they are skilled and contribute to the economy growth"

I am sure , in fact I can boast that is the strength of countries like Nigeria and India. 70% of these countries youths are either skilled or would do anything to become relevant to the economy but their governments do not know how to tap into their young ones potentials.

So if your course is 12 months and you beginning by Janurary . I am not saying you will not get the post study Visa. But you are taking a HUGE risk

Even if is more than 12 months , is kind of a little bit of risk

Why not wait till September. In fact you would have lot of time to plan your Visa processing.
No need to pay priority Visa (fast track) as you will have enough time

According to the Gov.Uk you can start applying for September intake visa by June ending (3 months before your course start)

That is just less than 8 months time .

Take the remaining Time
To work and earn more money and experience
Learn new skills like programming, marketing etc.
Get certifications of your field e g ACCA, CCNA, Java etc.
Calmly look for funds in case your maintenance fees is not enough for Visa processing .
Enjoy the premier league season that end by may (lol)
Or just take a vacation

Before you know it June would be around the corner

So no need to rush and take a risk .
Remember I did not say you will not get a post study Visa if you go January but try to be on the safe side.

Lemme use an illustration

If a rich man announces to the entire community
" I am going to start giving anyone that come to my house by 7pm today a plate of rice "

Now some may decide to go his house before 7pm maybe 6pm or 4pm . They may get their plate of rice but it would be at a risk cos the rice may not the ready then by the cook.

The British government have promised post study Visa for those who start from 2020/2021. They could start giving those who start before but all I am saying is that is not certain.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by maka11: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
Okay wish you best of luck!!
AmbHenry92:

Thats good, i applied for Bournemouth University.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
justwise:

You are clueless obviously, Jan Msc courses ends summer 2021 which is why they are given 18months visa unlike Sept starters with 16months.

Give me an example of those Jan courses that ends before summer 2021, just one.

Do you really expect any reply from someone who sees opinions of others as ‘Enemies of progress’?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
hosey:

Enemy of progress.

This stuff does not have any relationship with PSW.

Johnson plans to do immigration system similar to what Australia and Canada are currently doing.

Why do you always think and talk like an illiterate

This guy can insult sha....
He has insulted me severally, reason being that I have maintained that for now, the 3-year PSW visa is a PROPOSAL, which is to a very large extent hinges upon BreXit happening.
What do I get? Say I dey yan like person wey no go Shool.

Na wa oh...
Person wey dey hustle Mek him be wetin I don be tey tey dey talk say Na me no go skill. Ok Na.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
frapzkid:

I wonder why some are in a hurry . If you check the first post I made, i was highly angry i came back home without any experience. It made finding a job harder.
Now the home office in UK have brought a new measure but at a condition , only for those who graduate by July 2021 and afterwards .

I planned to do my 2 years masters this October but when I heard the news, i shifted mine till next year. The UK is not running away for crying out loud. With this new scheme you will be able to spend a whopping 4 years in the UK ( if you doing a 2 years masters with placement ) or 3 years .

It would be a win win for you, the university and the British Government whether you eventually settle in the UK or not.

What Boris Johnson Government is trying to say is
"Immigrants can never be a burden to the economy as long as they are skilled and contribute to the economy growth"

I am sure , in fact I can boast that is the strength of countries like Nigeria and India. 70% of these countries youths are either skilled or would do anything to become relevant to the economy but their governments do not know how to tap into their young ones potentials.

So if your course is 12 months and you beginning by Janurary . I am not saying you will not get the post study Visa. But you are taking a HUGE risk

Even if is more than 12 months , is kind of a little bit of risk

Why not wait till September. In fact you would have lot of time to plan your Visa processing.
No need to pay priority Visa (fast track) as you will have enough time

According to the Gov.Uk you can start applying for September intake visa by June ending (3 months before your course start)

That is just less than 8 months time .

Take the remaining Time
To work and earn more money and experience
Learn new skills like programming, marketing etc.
Get certifications of your field e g ACCA, CCNA, Java etc.
Calmly look for funds in case your maintenance fees is not enough for Visa processing .
Enjoy the premier league season that end by may (lol)
Or just take a vacation

Before you know it June would be around the corner

So no need to rush and take a risk .
Remember I did not say you will not get a post study Visa if you go January but try to be on the safe side.

Lemme use an illustration

If a rich man announces to the entire community
" I am going to start giving anyone that come to my house by 7pm today a plate of rice "

Now some may decide to go his house before 7pm maybe 6pm or 4pm . They may get their plate of rice but it would be at a risk cos the rice may not the ready then by the cook.

The British government have promised post study Visa for those who start from 2020/2021. They could start giving those who start before but all I am saying is that is not certain.

Boda Frapzkid:
I dey vex for U....
Vex well we’ll.
You get experience like this. Come get plenty sense on top. Na him U no dey help pipu 4 dis thread?
See as U wake up today, come dey talk better ting.

The part about getting transferable skills is the sucker punch.

My broda, abeg Mek U dey contribute more.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
justwise:

You are clueless obviously, Jan Msc courses ends summer 2021 which is why they are given 18months visa unlike Sept starters with 16months.

Give me an example of those Jan courses that ends before summer 2021, just one.

You are more than clueless. Visa end date is different from course end date.

If you check my previous post, you will see the link of a 9 month program.

For those who want 2 years post study visa for certainty, apply for September 2020 admission
and if you are going in Jan 2020, apply for a course with end date in summer of 2021.

Your course end date will be written in your CAS. That is what UKVI will follow.

But all of a sudden, why are you now focus on this PSW. I thought you said previously that those looking for it are wasting their time
and comparing it with Ireland 2 years PSW and mocking them.

Lol. grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
hosey:

You are more than clueless. Visa end date is different from course end date.

If you check my previous post, you will see the link of a 9 month program.

For those who want 2 years post study visa for certainty, apply for September 2020 admission
and if you are going in Jan 2020, apply for a course with end date in summer of 2021.

Your course end date will be written in your CAS. That is what UKVI will follow.

But all of a sudden, why are you now focus on this PSW. I thought you said previously that those looking for it are wasting their time
and comparing it with Ireland 2 years PSW and mocking them.

Lol. grin grin grin grin

So the visa will end before your course ends? You are one of the most confused dude i have come across here. Your course will end with at least 4months left on your visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Do you really expect any reply from someone who sees opinions of others as ‘Enemies of progress’?

Not really actually..just for the sake of newbies here will be misinformed by him
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by frapzkid: 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Boda Frapzkid:
I dey vex for U....
Vex well we’ll.
You get experience like this. Come get plenty sense on top. Na him U no dey help pipu 4 dis thread?
See as U wake up today, come dey talk better ting.

The part about getting transferable skills is the sucker punch.

My broda, abeg Mek U dey contribute more.

Lol was only able to get time today. Would try to contribute more
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by maka11: 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
I go call Mc oluomo for you Na people here grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2019
maka11:
I go call Mc oluomo for you Na people here grin grin grin

Lol. Funny enough this people trying to form saint about PSW were discouraging people about it telling
them how it is hard to get Tier 2 visa after 2 years PSW.

They were even comparing it to Ireland 2 years PSW and mocking people.

But I maintained my stance and now they are changing their mind following the whole
PSW process positively.

Hahahahahaha. grin grin grin.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
akinbo3:

Don't get it wrong!

it so amazing when some people don’t comprehend simple linguistic write ups. I pointed out so verifiable sources. To know if you are qualify or not! Check the end date on your offer letter! If you ending your studies during the summer or you still have a valid tier 4 visa you qualify to apply for PSV! It simple!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
frapzkid:

Lol was only able to get time today. Would try to contribute more

Please create time to contribute more.
Well researched contributions like yours will help greatly.
You not only encouraged folks to apply, you provided vital tips which are really helpful.
Great job
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
akinbo3:

am just laughing at you! A one year marketable Course in the UK is better than a non marketable 3 years degree course! Choose wisely and not because of post study visa shun the sweet courses!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Youtook(f): 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
Good evening everyone. Please I need help. I have an MSc in International HR from the UK and I’m interested in going for an MBA next year by God’s grace. I do not want to go for a general MBA & I’m trying my best to avoid London. So I’ve been searching for schools outside London that offer specialized MBA in Management, Strategy or Operations. I haven’t been able to come up with any. Does anyone have suggestions please? I would really appreciate. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
Youtook:
Good evening everyone. Please I need help. I have an MSc in International HR from the UK and I’m interested in going for an MBA next year by God’s grace. I do not want to go for a general MBA & I’m trying my best to avoid London. So I’ve been searching for schools outside London that offer specialized MBA in Management, Strategy or Operations. I haven’t been able to come up with any. Does anyone have suggestions please? I would really appreciate. Thank you.

Try University of Bradford school of management.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
akinbo3:

Look at the mirror and laugh at your self.
Was I addressing to you?
As we have some jobless people, talking jargons on this forum,
That how we also have new prospective learners following this thread.
If u ever worked for money or pitty a parent that is willing to sponsor a child paying millions upon millions to study in UK.
U will know what I posted is for intelligent and serious type...not for u at all. Just keep shut ur misleading mouth and let people u ask questions benefit.

See dont waste your time and argue again.

I wont argue again too.

But I am very happy that everyone now have the opportunity
to decide what they want with informed decision. I dont want to here 'had I known'

That was the basis of this. ENLIGHTENMENT.

I need to stop people giving false hope not letting them know how many people come back to Nigeria with regret and mostly
unemployed.

@all. If Frapzkid had more stay period in the UK when he graduated, he would have Tier 2 visa and have many opportunities to settle
in the UK. Now, he is still planning back to come and study in the UK to obtain the PSW opportunity.

Not everyone and parent is opportuned to have this. That is why I advocate for you to make informed decision.

With your 2 year PSW, I see no reason why you wont get Tier 2 visa.

Follow me, Frapzkid and akinbo3 advise. Dont take advise from those who are already settled in the UK.

They dont know how it feels and how Nigeria is bad.

Remember your parents, families and freinds. Remember the poor in Nigeria.

If you are well settled and okay, you will have the capacity to empower people back home.

Dont make same mistake. Check other international forums too. Many people deferred to benefit from PSW

I wish you all the best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Youtook(f): 7:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
justwise:

Try University of Bradford school of management.

Checked already. They don’t have any of the specialized MBAs I want.

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (646)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.