Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,986 members, 7,821,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1338401 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2019
justwise:

Why not?

Justwise:
Are you saying MY wife can use money in MY OWN MUMMY’s account for her prove if funds?

That means if my wife is the main applicant and she uses money in her FATHER’s account, then I too can use money in my FATHER IN LAW’s account?

Wow... I never knew that was possible.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2019
Diamondval:

Who told you that. It is just 28 days i saw on the website

Dont confuse CAS school release deadline ( which is what that comment was for ) with Maintenance 28 days requirements
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 3:06pm On Nov 28, 2019
Trizadove:

Thank you so much,Are you saying my transcript addressed to another school in Canada can suffice? I have diploma statement of result, my BSC certificate is ready. Am I good to go?

Thank you so much
I need my undergrad transcript to apply for my MSC
Since you said its not necessary, I would just send my BSC certificate alongside my application.
I'm grateful
Transcripts are no addresses to a particular school. And there's usually two. An academic copy and a student's copy. The student copy is yours to apply to a thousand schools if you wish. The academic copy goes from your undergraduate institution straight to your school for MSc. So you should get your Student's copy and use it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Newbetterphase: 3:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
Good evening All.

Please I really need your say or input. I just got an admission offer from Northumbria University for a 2 years Master's degree.

Can someone tell me about the university and Newcastle. I don't know much about the school because I was planning to go to Robert Gordon University but the study module and duration of Northumbria University is well structured than that of RGU.

I want to know how good or bad is Newcastle city and Northumbria University?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Diamondval(f): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Dont confuse CAS school release deadline ( which is what that comment was for ) with Maintenance 28 days requirements
My bad, i misunderstood.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Justwise:
Are you saying MY wife can use money in MY OWN MUMMY’s account for her prove if funds?

That means if my wife is the main applicant and she uses money in her FATHER’s account, then I too can use money in my FATHER IN LAW’s account?

Wow... I never knew that was possible.

Why not, as long as the money is enough for the couple, transfer the money to the main applicant's account and apply together.

It will not be out of place for the embassy to have some doubt about the possibility of the mother expending that much on her son and daughter inlaw. To clear that..pay the fees and drop deposit for accommodation.

Lastly..during the interview main applicant should be able to explain if asked what the mother does for job and that the money will be available for them to be spent in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2019
justwise:

Why not, as long as the money is enough for the couple, transfer the money to the main applicant's account and apply together.

It will not be out of place for the embassy to have some doubt about the possibility of the mother expending that much on her son and daughter inlaw. To clear that..pay the fees and drop deposit for accommodation.

Lastly..during the interview main applicant should be able to explain if asked what the mother does for job and that the money will be available for them to be spent in the UK.

Justwise,
Kindly read what you wrote (bolded by me) and place it in context of the original question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Trizadove: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
kode12:

Transcripts are no addresses to a particular school. And there's usually two. An academic copy and a student's copy. The student copy is yours to apply to a thousand schools if you wish. The academic copy goes from your undergraduate institution straight to your school for MSc. So you should get your Student's copy and use it.

thank you for your response
actually, our schools are different
my school sends transcripts directly to the institution, with the name written on all pages of the transcript
it was even an insider that i rubbed his hands to get my transcript scanned to me, that was why i got the one wt me that year. trying to avoid the cost, but seems i will request for a new one now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ola9292:
Please I am traveling for my masters with my wife and I am using my mum’s statement of account. Will it work for both of us?

1 sentence advice:

Convince your MUM to transfer ALL the funds (covering you and your wife) into YOUR OWN PERSONAL account.

I swear if I’m the ECO and I see the type of application you have asked on my desk, I will personally pick up the phone to call you (applicant) and ask you if I look like a fool to you.

Your wife is DEPENDANT on YOU who is dependant on your MUM. And it is YOU that wants to go to the UK with a DEPENDANT. Shuooo....

The use of parents account is because you are dependant (so to speak) on your parents. The use of Mother-inlaw’s account is what?
This is cracking me up real bad.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2019
Trizadove:

my school sends transcripts directly to the institution, with the name written on all pages of the transcript
it was even an insider that i rubbed his hands to get my transcript scanned to me, that was why i got the one wt me that year. trying to avoid the cost, but seems i will request for a new one now

Please Trizadove what school is that?

In this era of online application and upload of transcripts into application portal.

I’m sure if you try to tell your school that your prospective school wants the transcripts scanned, they will refuse and tell you that’s how they have been doing it since 18-MungoPark.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Justwise,
Kindly read what you wrote (bolded by me) and place it in context of the original question.

Yes i saw that but still doesn't make much of a difference, he has to add his birth certificate if he is using his mum's bank statement and not transferring the money and his mum has to add a cover letter to support his application. The most important thing here is to convince the ECO that his mum is truly going to make that money available to be spent in the UK

As a grown up adult, a married man even if he is applying a lone question will be asked why the mum is sponsoring him, this is why i stated before that its important for him to convince the ECO that the mum is more than capable to spend such amount on himself and the wife.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2019
justwise:

Yes i saw that but still doesn't make much of a difference, he has to add his birth certificate if he is using his mum's bank statement and not transferring the money and his mum has to add a cover letter to support his application. The most important thing here is to convince the ECO that his mum is truly going to make that money available to be spent in the UK

As a grown up adult, a married man even if he is applying a lone question will be asked why the mum is sponsoring him, this is why i stated before that its important for him to convince the ECO that the mum is more than capable to spend such amount on himself and the wife.

How many cover letters is that?
2?
One for her son and one for her daughter in law?

Okay ohh.
If Na be be ECO (which I’m not), I would kick out the application. Something is definitely not right.

Why should an ECO ‘waste’ time to read cover letter from mother-in-law?

What you are suggesting leaves the onus on the ECO to show some ‘understanding’.

But if an ECO is to go by the book, there is nowhere in the guidelines that qualifies a mother-InLaw’s bank statement to be used by a daughter-InLaw who is applying as a dependant.

My final thoughts on this JustWise:
You may not be wrong about this, but leaving the decision to be at the discretion of ECO (after a long cover letter) doesn’t cut it for me at all. Since this is not an academic exercise, I think OP should simply ask his mama to transfer the funds to his account.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Okay ohh.
If Na be be ECO (which I’m not), I would kick out the application. Something is definitely not right with.

If the student visa rule allows an applicant to use bank loan then what is wrong with using his mother's money for such application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2019
justwise:

If the student visa rule allows an applicant to use bank loan then what is wrong with using his mother's money for such application?

Oh No... the issue is not about him using HIS mother’s money.

The issue is about him using his mothers money to apply for HIS own DEPENDANT.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Nov 28, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Oh No... the issue is not about him using HIS mother’s money.

The issue is about him using his mothers money to apply for HIS own DEPENDANT.

Yes and if he is going to use bank loan it will be for both of them unless he wants to travel alone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emerald27: 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

Yes and if he is going to use bank loan it will be for both of them unless he wants to travel alone.
Mr Justwise, you are just complicating this issue jare. It's not written ANYWHERE that mother in-law can sponsor daughter in-law.
End of story. This is a no-brainer jor.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MabraO: 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2019
Justwise pls put me through

I want to all for student visa just finished my final year exam last week can I go ahead?

Also having issues with my names nd date of birth on my passport
My certificate has a but in my passport there is an added name used as my surname
Also my date of birth the one in my P is just different by month
Can I go ahead? Pls I need ur salient advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2019
Trizadove:

Thats some shady dealing from them. You are entitled to a copy of your transcript though. My school gave out a student's copy alongside the original certificate. I used that for all my applications. After getting the unconditional admission, if the school wants i could then request my undergrad uni send the academic copy to them directly. But in my case, they didnt request.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by frapzkid: 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2019
Diamondval:

Who told you that. It is just 28 days i saw on the website

Am not referring to bank statement aunty or uncle .

Not rush to conclusion
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2019
Emerald27:

Mr Justwise, you are just complicating this issue jare. It's not written ANYWHERE that mother in-law can sponsor daughter in-law.
End of story. This is a no-brainer jor.

The same way its not written anywhere that a mother can not sponsor his son and daughter inlaw
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2019
MabraO:
Justwise pls put me through

I want to all for student visa just finished my final year exam last week can I go ahead?

Also having issues with my names nd date of birth on my passport
My certificate has a but in my passport there is an added name used as my surname
Also my date of birth the one in my P is just different by month
Can I go ahead? Pls I need ur salient advise

Before you do anything make sure that the DOB and name in all your documents are the same.

You need your result to apply for admission and if given then use the same result for student visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

I am an old man, and my memory seem to be failing me. I do not recall the OP saying he wanted to use a Bank Loan.

Let us assume (without conceding) that he wishes to use a bank loan. Whose account statement will he submit? His own. In his name. Besides as per the T4 guidelines, if he has the money in his account for 28 days will there be somewhere on the statement to say it was a bank loan?

Why are you bringing bank loan issue into this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2019
justwise:

The same way its not written anywhere that a mother can not sponsor his son and daughter inlaw

Justwise,
I understand you want to argue on this matter as though it were an academic exercise.
But this your post is outrightly misleading.

I put it to you that your statement here is misleading. The guideline is CLEAR, very CLEAR on how proof of funds for a DEPENDANT can be got. Mother in Law is NOT, repeat NOT, I repeat NOT eligible to submit her account statement for her daughter in law.

I’m surprised that you are using YOUR OWN LOGIC to advice this guy, rather than direct him to the guidelines.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

If he uses a bank loan, the account statement will be in the name of?

A. main Applicant
B. Dependant
C. Mother in Law
D. The Bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2019
LaaJiblik:

I am an old man, and my memory seem to be failing me. I do not recall the OP saying he wanted to use a Bank Loan.

Let us assume (without conceding) that he wishes to use a bank loan. Whose account statement will he submit? His own. In his name. Besides as per the T4 guidelines, if he has the money in his account for 28 days will there be somewhere on the statement to say it was a bank loan?

Why are you bringing bank loan issue into this?

I think you are losing focus of the main point here, the man is the main applicant and wants to use his mum bank statement as his sponsor, your sticking point is that the mother can not sponsor the son and her daughter inlaw.

My argument is that..yes she can sponsor them as long as she can afford it and they are able to convince the ECO that the money will be available in the UK to be used as a couple.

I don't know if there is a section in student visa application form where source of income need to be indicated.

The bank loan was just an example.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:38pm On Nov 28, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Justwise,
I understand you want to argue on this matter as though it were an academic exercise.
But this your post is outrightly misleading.

I put it to you that your statement here is misleading. The guideline is CLEAR, very CLEAR on how proof of funds for a DEPENDANT can be got. Mother in Law is NOT, repeat NOT, I repeat NOT eligible to submit her account statement for her daughter in law.

I’m surprised that you are using YOUR OWN LOGIC to advice this guy, rather than direct him to the guidelines.

Show me where in student visa guideline that it mentioned that a mother can not sponsor her son and daughter inlaw when the son is the main applicant.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iamfelixy: 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2019
kreatorsink:
I applied but no respond yet

Wow, when did u apply?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iamfelixy: 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2019
My school sent 2 CAS to me,I paid €4000 it reflects on the first CAS, AND €3975 on the second cas, stating that charges has been deducted.

Please guys would there be issues if I go with the one stating €4000
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:27pm On Nov 28, 2019
LaaJiblik:

How many cover letters is that?
2?
One for her son and one for her daughter in law?

Okay ohh.
If Na be be ECO (which I’m not), I would kick out the application. Something is definitely not right.

Why should an ECO ‘waste’ time to read cover letter from mother-in-law?

What you are suggesting leaves the onus on the ECO to show some ‘understanding’.

But if an ECO is to go by the book, there is nowhere in the guidelines that qualifies a mother-InLaw’s bank statement to be used by a daughter-InLaw who is applying as a dependant.

My final thoughts on this JustWise:
You may not be wrong about this, but leaving the decision to be at the discretion of ECO (after a long cover letter) doesn’t cut it for me at all. Since this is not an academic exercise, I think OP should simply ask his mama to transfer the funds to his account.

Why not? Visa decision is always on ECO's discretion even when you met all conditions you can still be refused.

One cover letter is all it takes consenting for the use of her bank account and the money on it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by winzy(m): 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2019
Diamondval:

My school is resuming on the 13th. Can you send me an email, cuz i am having a little problem trying to send you an email

Done!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
justwise:

Show me where in student visa guideline that it mentioned that a mother can not sponsor her son and daughter inlaw when the son is the main applicant.

Okay ohh.
Justwise has changed the guidelines to now allow sons and daughter in-laws to use the bank statement of their mother-in-laws to apply for tier-4 dependant visa.

Let me ququ ma go and use my father’s bank account to apply for dependant visa for my son.

All I need to do (according to Justwise) is for my dad to write a letter that the money in HIS account is available for his GRANDSON whose father is a Tier-4 applicant himself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Unfanthomable: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2019
lol.....Battle of the ........................

To the person that asked the question, I hope you are not left more confused.....

To be safer, just let your mother transfer the money to you... Keep if for 28 days, print your statement and apply...Except if you have time constraints then you can use hers but ask yourself if they refuse you, won't you still wait?

No point going back and forth over this issue
justwise:

Why not? Visa decision is always on ECO's discretion even when you met all conditions you can still be refused.

One cover letter is all it takes consenting for the use of her bank account and the money on it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.