Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1340880 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BouharryArtikou: 11:52pm On Nov 28, 2019
justwise:

Go back and read my posts on this, I still don’t know why you are struggling to understand this and keep giving me irrelevant screenshots.

If this is difficult for you to understand then move on and follow your own understanding.

I did not force you or anybody to take my opinion on this.

My dear brother. It is you that is bein recalcitrant here.
For the umpteenth time, you have failed to show how you arrived at your conclusion that mother inlaw’s bank statement can be used for daughter InLaw.

Accept it. Eat the humble pie. You are dead wrong on this one.

Your ‘strongest‘ point was when You implied to laajiblik that although you can’t prove it, there is a loophole.
Wrong!
There is no loophole here.
For tier 4 Application, only main applicant or parents’ bank account can be used. No uncles or cousin or sister or sugar-daddy.
It’s clearly stated.And you have agreed with that one on this thread.

For tier 4 dependant, the same guideline specifically mentioned 2 people: applicant himself or the dependant herself. No more, no less.

Anybody that says mother in law or father inlaw or cousin or sister or senator’s bank account can be used is not saying the truth.

Lastly, your last sentence isn’t fair. The person that asked the original question was not seeking opinions. The person was seeking guidance based on the rules. You advised the person correctly at the beginning of your reply, then you went ahead to offer your opinion (which is contrary to the guidelines).

Directing people to the guidelines helps. Giving opinions (albeit wrong opinions) doesn’t help.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mogatti: 11:55pm On Nov 28, 2019
We are all here to learn and not prove who knows better no1 knows it all so pls let's have that behind our minds. That said, a parent can support their child in the sense that the funds can be in the parents account and if the child happens to be going with his or her family(dependants) it means the funds in the parents account should show that it would be enough to cater for their child and his dependants. This should be accompanied by a letter from the parents however to make d application straight forward it is advisable for the main applicant to just have the funds in his or her account. Simple
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 11:59pm On Nov 28, 2019
justwise:

I still maintain everything I said on this issue, you don’t have to take it but I disagree with you.
Move on because you can’t convince me on this.

I don’t need to convince you on this. I think the other fella has done justice to it, by providing links and screenshots.

Of course you can maintain it, but it is incorrect.
Human beings can sometimes get a few things wrong, occasionally. Just like you did on this one.

I hope that the person who asked the initial question is able to sieve between Justwise's personal opinions vs UKVI guidelines.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mogatti: 12:08am On Nov 29, 2019
BouharryArtikou:

My dear brother. It is you that is bein recalcitrant here.
For the umpteenth time, you have failed to show how you arrived at your conclusion that mother inlaw’s bank statement can be used for daughter InLaw.

Accept it. Eat the humble pie. You are dead wrong on this one.

Your ‘strongest‘ point was when You implied to laajiblik that although you can’t prove it, there is a loophole.
Wrong!
There is no loophole here.
For tier 4 Application, only main applicant or parents’ bank account can be used. No uncles or cousin or sister or sugar-daddy.
It’s clearly stated.And you have agreed with that one on this thread.

For tier 4 dependant, the same guideline specifically mentioned 2 people: applicant himself or the dependant herself. No more, no less.

Anybody that says mother in law or father inlaw or cousin or sister or senator’s bank account can be used is not saying the truth.

Lastly, your last sentence isn’t fair. The person that asked the original question was not seeking opinions. The person was seeking guidance based on the rules. You advised the person correctly at the beginning of your reply, then you went ahead to offer your opinion (which is contrary to the guidelines).

Directing people to the guidelines helps. Giving opinions (albeit wrong opinions) doesn’t help.

My broda look at it from this angle, the main applicant can have the funds in either his account or parents account. That is very clear, so if the parents can support their child and he happens to be going with his dependants automatically they can support the dependants through their child. Its a different ball game when the child related to the parents willing to sponsor is not applying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:13am On Nov 29, 2019
mogatti:

We are all here to learn and not prove who knows better no1 knows it all so pls let's have that behind our minds. That said, a parent can support their child in the sense that the funds can be in the parents account and if the child happens to be going with his or her family(dependants) it means the funds in the parents account should show that it would be enough to cater for their child and his dependants. This should be accompanied by a letter from the parents however to make d application straight forward it is advisable for the main applicant to just have the funds in his or her account. Simple

The only issue with this is that it is YOUR OPINION and not what the guidelines says.

Does it even sound right to you that you are referring to a Main applicant ( who has a DEPENDANT ) as child?

You are using the word ‘child’ to describe a fully matured man who not only has a wife, but the wife is his DEPENDANT.

Like I said, that is entirely your own personal ‘common sense opinion/interpretation’ but that is not what the guideline says.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mogatti: 12:26am On Nov 29, 2019
LaaJiblik:

The only issue with this is that it is YOUR OPINION and not what the guidelines says.

Does it even sound right to you that you are referring to a Main applicant ( who has a DEPENDANT ) as child?

You are using the word ‘child’ to describe a fully matured man who not only has a wife, but the wife is his DEPENDANT.

Like I said, that is entirely your own personal ‘common sense opinion/interpretation’ but that is not what the guideline says.

Whether you are 100 years old, you are still a child of your parents and this issue has nothing to do with personal opinion it is clear if u critically look at it, a parent can support their child and provide a letter to back that up and if their child has dependants who happens to be under the child then automatically they can support them. If you agree that a parent can support their child whether his is 100 years or a matured man as u said then that's it. Am nt here to claim I know it all or take sides or go back and forth but the fact is a parent can support their child and if he has dependants automatically it can cover them but it's better to have d funds in the main applicants account which co ERS for him and his dependants and my broda I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:33am On Nov 29, 2019
mogatti:

My broda look at it from this angle, the main applicant can have the funds in either his account or parents account. That is very clear, so if the parents can support their child and he happens to be going with his dependants automatically they can support the dependants through their child. Its a different ball game when the child related to the parents willing to sponsor is not applying.

Mogatti:
Where did you infer that ‘automatically’ from?
From your own logic and inference right? Not from any guideline.

As soon as an applicant shows that s(he) has a dependant, it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever that the applicant will still present his parents’ bank statement.

To make it worst, the main applicant having shown that he is dependant on his parents will still want to have a dependant. That means (dependant)^2
Dependant raised to power 2.

In the UK, an 18-year old (even if unmarried) is NEVER EVER referred to or seen as a CHILD.
It bothers me that you are using the word child in this context.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:40am On Nov 29, 2019
mogatti:

Whether you are 100 years old, you are still a child of your parents and this issue has nothing to do with personal opinion it is clear if u critically look at it, a parent can support their child and provide a letter to back that up and if their child has dependants who happens to be under the child then automatically they can support them. If you agree that a parent can support their child whether his is 100 years or a matured man as u said then that's it. Am nt here to claim I know it all or take sides or go back and forth but the fact is a parent can support their child and if he has dependants automatically it can cover them but it's better to have d funds in the main applicants account which co ERS for him and his dependants and my broda I rest my case.

Unfortunately, the ECO is not expected to use YOuR logic or your own definition of a child and assign ‘automatic’ visas.
I am speaking from experience.
‘Automatic’ does not apply here, especially where the guidelines has SPECIFICALLY mentioned the only two people whose account statements can be accepted for a tier-4 DEPENDANT.

The ECO uses the guidelines and not Nairalanders opinions or interpretation.
That is why it is important to always point persons asking these type of questions to the guidelines.

If folks ask questions such as:
Newcastle vs Aberdeen which is finer?
Or
Northumbria vs Robert Gordon which is sexier
Or London vs Glasgow which one has higher knife crimes.... aha...... then we can air opinions on those kinda questions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MabraO: 1:58am On Nov 29, 2019
justwise:

Before you do anything make sure that the DOB and name in all your documents are the same.

You need your result to apply for admission and if given then use the same result for student visa application

Ok thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sleeksylvia(f): 4:09am On Nov 29, 2019
I have been reading the posts about mother in law sponsoring daughter in law and I just laugh. They will just deny you the visa. Ignorance is not an excuse. All guidelines for application are written in black and white for a lay man to understand. Google any question you have and get credible and correct answers from the source. Nairaland is not UKVI website. In my opinion, mother in law's bank statement cannot be used for daughter in law, except you have money to waste. Do not depend on nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sleeksylvia(f): 4:19am On Nov 29, 2019
I will advise the UK immigration experts here to try not to give unverified information to people. If you want to guide someone, do it right. If you don't know the answer to a question, direct such person to the right source to find out. It doesnt make you less of an immigration expert. Nobody is an embodiment of knowledge. We can learn from other people. Money and time will be involved. Lets not take things for granted.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:20am On Nov 29, 2019
mogatti:

please abeg nobody should state this bold again.

PBS is a very clear system to follow and the rules should be followed as written

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannycrane77: 6:37am On Nov 29, 2019
@just wise and all the elders.
is reference letter from the bank a requirements for tier 4 visa application. if you already have a bank statement of required amount for 28days,stamped and signed .do you still need to get reference letter. will not providing one affect the success of your application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 6:56am On Nov 29, 2019
dannycrane77:
is reference letter from the bank a requirements for tier 4 visa application. if you already have a bank statement of required amount for 28days,stamped and signed .do you still need to get reference letter. will not providing one affect the success of your application

Yes you need a Bank reference letter. This goes to prove you are the owner of the account you provided. Besides it takes about 3-5mins to process this letter. And for first bank it costs about 500 naira.

To make things smooth, whenever you print ur bank statement do it alongside ur Reference letter from the bank. Its very easy, same officer handles both same time. Just fill ur details and that of the Embassy or office address. Furthermore if your parents are the ones sponsoring you then when they print their bank statement they should do so with the Bank Reference letter. It is as easy and swift as printing the bank statement.

Goodluck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marina101: 9:07am On Nov 29, 2019
dannycrane77:

I don't think you need a reference letter when you have your bank statement. There is nothing like adding a reference letter to your bank statement on the UKVI website.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chrisdolz1997: 9:31am On Nov 29, 2019
Great people Good morning
I wanna do my masters in the UK and I actually just finished my BSc this year, I have 3 million in my personal savings but I actually wanna inquire if my aunt who is a British citizen can be able to sponsor me? Or it has to be only parents? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by reincarnation: 9:42am On Nov 29, 2019
Gurus in the house, please help as this is quite confusing. Are the bullet points applicable to full-time international students or just part-time.
University of Portsmouth.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 9:56am On Nov 29, 2019
University of Benin, Edo State will never hand you any copy of transcripts.
You drop the address of the school and pay for courier and it is sent, if his/her school does same He has no other choice.
kode12:

Transcripts are no addresses to a particular school. And there's usually two. An academic copy and a student's copy. The student copy is yours to apply to a thousand schools if you wish. The academic copy goes from your undergraduate institution straight to your school for MSc. So you should get your Student's copy and use it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 9:59am On Nov 29, 2019
I never even saw this when I made further comments.
Yeas my school is like that and they do that for security so student don't tweak result.
Trizadove:

thank you for your response
actually, our schools are different
my school sends transcripts directly to the institution, with the name written on all pages of the transcript
it was even an insider that i rubbed his hands to get my transcript scanned to me, that was why i got the one wt me that year. trying to avoid the cost, but seems i will request for a new one now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:01am On Nov 29, 2019
This isn't about days of online application, 9ja students can tweak abeg.
And from my own school "University Of Benin" Yes I agree with them for doing such.
We don see plenty.
LaaJiblik:

Please Trizadove what school is that?

In this era of online application and upload of transcripts into application portal.

I’m sure if you try to tell your school that your prospective school wants the transcripts scanned, they will refuse and tell you that’s how they have been doing it since 18-MungoPark.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chrisdolz1997: 10:01am On Nov 29, 2019
Chrisdolz1997:
I wanna do my masters in the UK and I actually just finished my BSc this year, I have 3 million in my personal savings but I actually wanna inquire if my aunt who is a British citizen can be able to sponsor me? Or it has to be only parents? Thanks
Someone should please give me an answer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2019
You should clear it out with the school because both can't be valid.
iamfelixy:
My school sent 2 CAS to me,I paid €4000 it reflects on the first CAS, AND €3975 on the second cas, stating that charges has been deducted.

Please guys would there be issues if I go with the one stating €4000

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 10:11am On Nov 29, 2019
Zoey1:
You drop the address of the school and pay for courier and it is sent, if his/her school does same He has no other choice.
Ofcourse, uniben will always be stupid like that. So if you're just applying to 20 schools they'll charge you for all the 20. Thank God for life tho. Uniben for kill person
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 10:12am On Nov 29, 2019
Chrisdolz1997:

Someone should please give me an answer
Your aunt can sponsor you, but she'd have to transfer the funds into an account bearing your name. Only your parents can sponsor you, or your provide an account with your name on it. No other option asides a verified scholarship
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:13am On Nov 29, 2019
No you don't need a reference letter.
You need your statement dated, signed with the information of the account holder.
dannycrane77:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Newbetterphase: 10:13am On Nov 29, 2019
justwise:

You obviously not following though I’m not surprised judging by your first post on this issue.

I asked for a link where it stated that mother can not sponsor her son and the daughter Inlaw.

The link you provided got nothing to do with the question I asked.

Good evening All.

Please I really need your say or input. I just got an admission offer from Northumbria University for a 2 years Master's degree.

Can someone tell me about the university and Newcastle. I don't know much about the school because I was planning to go to Robert Gordon University but the study module and duration of Northumbria University is well structured than that of RGU.

I want to know how good or bad is Newcastle city and Northumbria University?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:16am On Nov 29, 2019
Only Your Parent and You can be sponsors.
Your Aunt or any other person can give you the money but the account you are using must be either in your name or your parents'.
Chrisdolz1997:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marina101: 10:16am On Nov 29, 2019
Zoey1:

I finished from Uniben, did diploma and bsc, I actually have both of my transcripts with me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:17am On Nov 29, 2019
I hear.
You said you did diploma, I have collected someone's diploma on their behalf before but degree is never given by hand yes you can do whatever with the guys at Admissions Computer room to get it for you but the school does not allow it. Shikena.
marina101:

I finished from Uniben, did diploma and bsc, I actually have both of my transcripts with me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marina101: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2019
Zoey1:
I hear.

You have a problem, you don't like being corrected. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2019
E be like something dey work your brain?
Na your elders for house get problem.
Ozuo!
marina101:

You have a problem, you don't like being corrected. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.