Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1340825 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emerald27: 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2019
kode12:
Asides my passport, TB certificate, school certificate and transcript, bank statement, what else do I need to take onto the appointment for biometrics? Do I need the receipt for school fees payment, visa application fee receipt etc?
If you have uploaded your Tb certificate, school certificate/transcript, bank statement and the rest, you don't need to take them along for your biometrics. These are the list of things you will need: Original passport, one photocopy of passport, documents checklist, TLS appointment letter, the first page of your application and your ATM card( if you are paying for any of their services).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2019
Newbetterphase:

Good evening All.

Please I really need your say or input. I just got an admission offer from Northumbria University for a 2 years Master's degree.

Can someone tell me about the university and Newcastle. I don't know much about the school because I was planning to go to Robert Gordon University but the study module and duration of Northumbria University is well structured than that of RGU.

I want to know how good or bad is Newcastle city and Northumbria University?

Newcastle is a lively city with a lot of foreign student population and the university is a very good one, the university is a member of the prestigious Russell Group, very few universities in the UK are in that group.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2019
Emerald27:

If you have uploaded your Tb certificate, school certificate/transcript, bank statement and the rest, you don't need to take them along for your biometrics. These are the list of things you will need: Original passport, one photocopy of passport, documents checklist, TLS appointment letter, the first page of your application and your ATM card( if you are paying for any of their services).
I've been trying to find that TLS appointment letter but I've not been able to see it. I only have a mail with the 55pounds receipt I paid and another for the sms and courier service.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlaLiberty(m): 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2019
Good day all. I'm going for 18 month MSc. programme but my passport will expire in 15 month time. Do I need to get a new passport now before applying or renew the current one when it expires?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2019
OlaLiberty:
Good day all. I'm going for 18 month MSc. programme but my passport will expire in 15 month time. Do I need to get a new passport now before applying or renew the current one when it expires?

If you have up to 6 month validity in your passport, and you have empty pages on the passport, you are good to go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2019
When you are directed to TLS website you can choose Self Service or Assisted.
Self Service : You submit every document online going to TLS that you have chosen with 1st page of Application form and Appointment letter. Free
Assisted : All scans would be done at TLS for a fee.
LagosismyHome:

Thanks a lot ....

so just to clarify , the actual submission of all your document and application can be done online. You only need to go Lagos or Abuja for biometric?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:49pm On Nov 29, 2019
Check spam folder.
You won't be attended to without it.
kode12:

I've been trying to find that TLS appointment letter but I've not been able to see it. I only have a mail with the 55pounds receipt I paid and another for the sms and courier service.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2019
If you chose Self Service : Your passport, 1st page of online application form, appointment letter. (Meaning you have scanned all others and submitted online)
Assisted : Take all document you have used thus far along.
kode12:
Asides my passport, TB certificate, school certificate and transcript, bank statement, what else do I need to take onto the appointment for biometrics? Do I need the receipt for school fees payment, visa application fee receipt etc?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2019
justwise:

Newcastle is a lively city with a lot of foreign student population and the university is a very good one, the university is a member of the prestigious Russell Group, very few universities in the UK are in that group.

Newcastle University Russel Group?
Yeah

Northumbria University, Newcastle. Russel Group?
Nah.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 11:22pm On Nov 29, 2019
Who knows the tls link to track my visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 11:49pm On Nov 29, 2019
Go to UK.gov application
Click submit biometrics and it reroute to TLS page.
Tobexin:
Who knows the tls link to track my visa application?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 12:33am On Nov 30, 2019
Zoey1:
Go to UK.gov application
Click submit biometrics and it reroute to TLS page.
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omoalison: 12:43am On Nov 30, 2019
Hello,
So what career would you suggest please?
Is a Masters in Social Works ok?
My sister has a Bsc in sociology and would like to further her studies in the UK.
She's married with two kids.
10 years working experience as Customer Service in an international shipping company in Nigeria.
Please advice
Thanks

kolladey:

Thanks sir.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omoalison: 12:49am On Nov 30, 2019
Greetings all,
I would like to confirm the chances of a 25 year old female applying for a BSc in Social Works in any UK university.
She has experience in social work as she's involved in NGO activities in Nigeria.
Which University would you recommend please?
Thanks for your kind responses.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 7:36am On Nov 30, 2019
Zoey1:
If you chose Self Service : Your passport, 1st page of online application form, appointment letter. (Meaning you have scanned all others and submitted online)
Assisted : Take all document you have used thus far along.
I only have these two. Are these the appointment confirmation?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by frapzkid: 11:54am On Nov 30, 2019
omoalison:
Greetings all,
I would like to confirm the chances of a 25 year old female applying for a BSc in Social Works in any UK university.
She has experience in social work as she's involved in NGO activities in Nigeria.
Which University would you recommend please?
Thanks for your kind responses.
Personally I would refer to Middlesex University, it has one of the best ranking in social work in the UK and unlike most universities in London, the school fees are relatively cheap for international students. I think it ranked 38th in the UK though , but it is the 6th best modern university in the UK (universities younger than 50 years ). Another good option for social work is loughborough university (4th best university in UK, 28th best in the world )
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2019
LaaJiblik and Zoey1 ..... thanks a lot .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emerald27: 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2019
kode12:

I only have these two. Are these the appointment confirmation?
Yes. The first one is the tls appointment letter. Your appointment is on the 2nd of December, 11:30am
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by maka11: 2:42pm On Nov 30, 2019
I submitted my application on the 20th at ikeja VAC
Super-priority application
Got a mail before I got home my application has been received in Sheffield
Got another mail same day stating my application has not been straightforward, prolly cause I’ve been refused in uk,USA, and Canada in the past.
Got a mail on the 26th that my passport is ready for collection picked it up and my visa was stamped on it , it was issued the second day I submitted.
candycush:
. Congratulations. Please what's your timeline? Were you interviewed? What VAC did you use?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2019
Emerald27:

Yes. The first one is the tls appointment letter. Your appointment is on the 2nd of December, 11:30am
Thanks. Do I need a passport photo? I'm I supposed to take one, they're taking my biometrics anyways.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2019
Any UK university that has the tier 4 license is good enough. What you shld be looking out for is the tuition and the standard of living where the university is. Personally, I wouldn’t even consider any london uni, I’d be looking towards Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Stoke and the likes...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by frapzkid: 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2019
omopapa:
Any UK university that has the tier 4 license is good enough. What you shld be looking out for is the tuition and the standard of living where the university is. Personally, I wouldn’t even consider any london uni, I’d be looking towards Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Stoke and the likes...

Abeg stop the stereotyping that London universities are expensive just because of additional 200 pounds someone would pay for maintenance, feeding and all. Is just a mere difference . In fact in London you can get accommodation of 100 per week meanwhile in the so called cheap Birmingham the average is 90 per week just 30 pounds extra a month.

Now see the benefits of schooling in London, there are more students Jobs. I have rarely seen a London student that is willing to work but can not see work slot where he can complete his 20 hours limit and a place where he can work madly during holidays.
Most London students that work earn at least 150 -250 per week during studies . A girl I know works as a carer in old people home, a waiter in an African restaurant and in A fast food joint . In fact there were lot of options for Her. During the holidays when she is allowed to work limitlessly , she took a minimum of 500 pounds per week .

Most people that school outside London complain that there are few students jobs ,because the limited ones have been taken. Even those that may have , they may not see the ones that complete their little 20 hours limit.
The options in London for student jobs are much take it or leave .

Now about looking for jobs afterwards, there are lots of jobs that are good for placements in London . Trust me no lie.

About universities quality , out of the top 20 universities in UK, majority are in London (King college, imperial college , UCL, London royal college , School of economics)
In fact all schools in London except from university of East London are in top 50 )

So what scares people from London, simple paying the little difference of 20 to 30 for accommodation. Such petty reasons

To me if I come back to UK again would either school at London or Manchester, no no to Villages like Nottingham, Newcastle , Middlesbrough is the worst self. Racism is more there

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Shercorp(m): 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
Good day, Who has any idea about student finance in England?
I have both parents working and living there, only my dad is Italian?
how do I Go about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2019
frapzkid:

Abeg stop the stereotyping that London universities are expensive just because of additional 200 pounds someone would pay for maintenance, feeding and all. Is just a mere difference . In fact in London you can get accommodation of 100 per week meanwhile in the so called cheap Birmingham the average is 90 per week just 30 pounds extra a month.

Now see the benefits of schooling in London, there are more students Jobs. I have rarely seen a London student that is willing to work but can not see work slot where he can complete his 20 hours limit and a place where he can work madly during holidays.
Most London students that work earn at least 150 -250 per week during studies . A girl I know works as a carer in old people home, a waiter in an African restaurant and in A fast food joint . In fact there were lot of options for Her. During the holidays when she is allowed to work limitlessly , she took a minimum of 500 pounds per week .

Most people that school outside London complain that there are few students jobs ,because the limited ones have been taken. Even those that may have , they may not see the ones that complete their little 20 hours limit.

Now about looking for jobs afterwards, there are lots of jobs that are good for placements in London . Trust me no lie.

About universities quality , out of the top 20 universities in UK, majority are in London (King college, imperial college , UCL, London royal college , School of economics)
In fact all schools in London except from university of East London are in top 50 )

So what scares people from London, simple paying the little difference of 20 to 30 for accommodation. Such petty reasons

To me if I come back to UK again would either school at London or Manchester, no no to Villages like Nottingham, Newcastle , Middlesbrough is the worst self. Racism is more there

London is great but it's expensive even transportation.. London 100 pound per week.. please stop it grin. What will be the state of that accomodation?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DMainMan: 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2019
frapzkid:

If you are a student with family, dont come near London. One bed flat is about 1000 pounds without bills. 2 bed flat is about 1300 pounds without bills.

Where as in Manchester, Birmingham or Liverpool, you will get one bed flat for 450 and two bed flat for 600 pounds. See the massive difference.

Also there are lots of jobs and little racism in Manchester, Birmingham or Liverpool.

London worth it if you are working professionally. You will get extra London financial allowance to offset the living costs in London.

If you are still single, you can manage London and live in shared house. But it is still expensive compared to Manchester, Birmingham or Liverpool.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
frapzkid:

Well said but abeg show me accommodation £100/week for London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2019
Stop misleading people with false information and hope.

First of all, compare the maintenance fee requirement by the home office for universities within london (£11,385) and outside london (£9,135)

2. There’s a significant difference in the tuition.

3. Jobs: Except you don’t want to work, there are plenty of agencies looking for care workers daily, some will even allow you work more than 20 hours but spread your income to only reflect 20 hours in your NI number.

4. Transpiration: with £4.60 you can buy a day saver bus pass in the West Midlands to go EVERYWHERE, ALL DAY within the county. £5 Oyster card in london won’t take you that far.

5. Accommodation: With £550/monthly you can get a comfortable, spacious 3 bedroom house to share with your friends (meaning you will be paying about £200-250 monthly with bills included) you can’t get that cheap in london except maybe it’s a give away from family members.

In my initial post I said “personally, I wouldn’t consider any university inside london” and I’m standing with that based on the points above.

frapzkid:

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2019
See ehn, I just weak. Apart from the social life in london, every other thing is expensive. You can’t even enjoy driving in london, congestion charges, speed cameras, traffic you name it, not to even talk about car insurance for london addresses.

waynee2baba:

Well said but abeg show me accommodation £100/week for London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannycrane77: 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2019
Hello everyone
please my cousin is doing her biometrics on Monday.her degree certificate and transcript,masters degree certificate and transcript are stated on her CAS. she has original of her bachelors degree certificate but has a scanned copy of transcript which has printed.
As for her UK masters degree she has both certificate n transcript original.
please will the photocopy of her bachelors transcript be a problem or will she be rejected visa based on that. shes a sponsored phd student. ill appreciate ur urgent advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2019
I’m assuming this is an enquiry to whether you are entitled to student loan. Only EEA students are entitled but Cus u mentioned your dad is italian, if you can change ur immigration status once in the uk, then maybe you will be given access to public funds under the EU law (before Brexit happens)

Shercorp:
Good day, Who has any idea about student finance in England?

I have both parents working and living there, only my dad is Italian?

how do I Go about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.