Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1340611 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:25am On Jun 08, 2016
Great one OlowoB and BarEgo. Your heads are valid
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 7:36am On Jun 08, 2016
[quote author=BarrEgo post=46374838]Good morning. I'm in a giving back mood today. This forum has helped in my journeys to study abroad. Thank you, Nairaland. Tips for those coming to UK and intending to work part time, you must do the following:
1. Call the National insurance service and request NI application forms , fill said forms and get them back to NI ASAP. They might call you and ask why you need it. Keep it simple and straight. Without NI number, getting a job is nigh impossible, as employers need that number to deduct income tax and national insurance contributions. You don't pay income tax for your first £11,000, though.
2. Get a bank acc with Lloyds or Barclays. Their requirements are less stringent and they're international students friendly. To do so visit the website of the bank you desire and fill the form for opening a classic acc, then visit the bank the next day with your identity docs, including Uni introduction, and proof of address.
Without NI number and bank acc, you can't get a job. I hope this helps someone. Shalom.

Nice 1. Please from your username(barrego) are you a lawyer. Because I will be going for law @the university of Sunderland this September. Just needed more insight about location and what it is like.And also is survival easy for international students in terms of job and hood friends network. Tanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarrEgo(f): 1:30pm On Jun 08, 2016
[quote author=Dynamitehimself post=46375784][/quote]

Hi. Sorry, I know next to nothing about Sunderland. Best wishes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 1:51pm On Jun 08, 2016
[quote author=OlowoB post=46374956]^^^^

Spot on. Infact, the NI nos (the letter with the number) is also important as it can be used as proof of adress for opening bank account.

On the other hand, since this is "the giving mood" according to the poster above,let me add this;

If you are a guy (or you are a gal and don't mind doing security jobs) coming to the UK, please try and get a police character certificate (PCC) when coming along. This certificate will help you in easily applying for your SIA badge here in UK (security license). I think the PCC can be obtained at Police Headquarters, Obalende. I would not say more than this for now so as not to change the topic of discuss.

Is it police character certificate or police clearance certificate? Just wanted to be sure.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2016
^^^^ @dynamitehimself,

It can be called either clearance or character certificate. But it will be titled POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE.

Check online and you will see sample images.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 7:18am On Jun 09, 2016
@Olowo b thanks for the clarification. Plz do you know anything about the university of Sunderland.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 7:55am On Jun 09, 2016
^^^ things like? I do not stay in Sunderland but if you throw the question open, you may get answers from other readers and I may also be able to use my little experience to answer some. Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 10:26am On Jun 09, 2016
OlowoB:
^^^ things like? I do not stay in Sunderland but if you throw the question open, you may get answers from other readers and I may also be able to use my little experience to answer some. Cheers.

Oh i mean if the area is affordable, attitudes towards international student and chances of building a good network, is it easy to get jobs around, I will be studying law (this sept)what are my chances or what do I need to do or know during the study process to excel at the long run as a lawyer there(immigration lawyer to be precise), what should i no and look out for. i am a keyboardist and a vocalist too, I play both gospel and soft contemporary tunes(will this ease job search) because I was told lot of churches require your service especially those presided by Nigerians and they pay for it.Any other thing you feel I should know or do before coming from your experience please don't hesitate to let me know as well as any document or training I can take within this few months that can be useful out there. These questions are still open to the general house. Thanks in anticipation. God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Luggi007(m): 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2016
To: Justwise, OlowoB and other gurus, and anybody that can help with any meaningful info. Please help me out.

I requested for a waiver on providing english language certificate (i.e IELTS) givng the school good reasons why i felt my english language level met the rerquire one. After series of mails, the school had aked me to send my WAECcertificate to them and they want to grant me SKYPE interview.

I want to ask what are the likely quetions that they might ask, how do i prepare for this interview, and what should i be expecting?

Has anyone done Skype interview before, he/she should share it, for others can learn.

Thanks to all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 11:35pm On Jun 09, 2016
Hey guys,has anyone used Form A lately? Or for those that used Form A, was your payment deducted in whole or in bits? Made a transaction with Form A but not the full amount was debitted. Has anyone experienced this before? What could be the reason for this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
Luggi007:
To: Justwise, OlowoB and other gurus, and anybody that can help with any meaningful info. Please help me out.

I requested for a waiver on providing english language certificate (i.e IELTS) givng the school good reasons why i felt my english language level met the rerquire one . After series of mails, the school had aked me to send my WAECcertificate to them and they want to grant me SKYPE interview.

I want to ask what are the likely quetions that they might ask, how do i prepare for this interview, and what should i be expecting?

Has anyone done Skype interview before, he/she should share it, for others can learn.

Thanks to all.

That what they will be testing...how good your spoken English and ability to understand English language are. They are likely to ask you questions about your intending course and why you chose the school...just a way to assess you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kemkem30(f): 5:41am On Jun 10, 2016
fizzile:
Hey guys,has anyone used Form A lately? Or for those that used Form A, was your payment deducted in whole or in bits? Made a transaction with Form A but not the full amount was debitted. Has anyone experienced this before? What could be the reason for this?
I have just tried to use form A for my fees.zenith advised we split the school fees into 3 and apply thrice that we stood a better chance that way. We received alert yesterday all three deducted at 292 for a pound. We are still expecting charges to be deducted though. This does not answer your question but I just thought to share my experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:03am On Jun 10, 2016
kemkem30:

I have just tried to use form A for my fees.zenith advised we split the school fees into 3 and apply thrice that we stood a better chance that way. We received alert yesterday all three deducted at 292 for a pound. We are still expecting charges to be deducted though. This does not answer your question but I just thought to share my experience.
I think it helped. I will call my bank this morning to suggest that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by themusketeer: 5:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
hello justwise,

please advise.

I went to the UK in 2012 on tier 4 visa. finished but couldn't graduate due to some owed tuition. I then applied for FLR on compassionate grounds to help me finish and continue further. I was refused. I appealed and was still refused. hence I voluntarily returned back nov 2014. almost two years after, I intend going for holiday for 10 days.

my condition now is:

I started work since April 2015, my monthly salary is now 180,000 after tax.

I have a truck that make roughly 80-100k monthly.

I have a partner and we have a daughter together.

I have a landed property too..

documents submitted

employment letter
employement confirmation letter (after 6months) stating salary breakdown.
introduction letter
payslip
tax clearance
my commercial truck papers
Lagos state dues etc of the truck.
land reciept
land agreement
building plan
child birth certificate
shares certificate
bank statement showing #1,290,000
bank introduction letter.

in the salary section, I filled 180k after tax but the ECO calculated as my yearly salary after which I included my offer letter/employment letter stating that I earn 192,000 pre tax. and my payslip says 180,000 after tax.

please find attached my refusal letter.

1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
@themusketeer

That refusal letter you uploaded is full of your personal info sorry i have to remove it.

Use paper to cover areas that contains your name, DOB and company's name then reupload it again here https://www.nairaland.com/2655931/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/117#2655931.3754
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bidosko(m): 10:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
To add
For those coming to the uk to study and also looking for part time job try to register with your university job service to get some part time jobs within and outside the university. The pay is usually high. Some jobs you can get from your university are event planner, student ambassador , international student support officer, external invigilator to high schools, bar jobs etc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
BarrEgo:
Good morning. I'm in a giving back mood today. This forum has helped in my journeys to study abroad. Thank you, Nairaland. Tips for those coming to UK and intending to work part time, you must do the following:
1. Call the National insurance service and request NI application forms , fill said forms and get them back to NI ASAP. They might call you and ask why you need it. Keep it simple and straight. Without NI number, getting a job is nigh impossible, as employers need that number to deduct income tax and national insurance contributions. You don't pay income tax for your first £11,000, though.
2. Get a bank acc with Lloyds or Barclays. Their requirements are less stringent and they're international students friendly. To do so visit the website of the bank you desire and fill the form for opening a classic acc, then visit the bank the next day with your identity docs, including Uni introduction, and proof of address.
Without NI number and bank acc, you can't get a job. I hope this helps someone. Shalom.

Nice one from you.

How is Hull? Enjoying it so far?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarrEgo(f): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2016
justwise:

Nice one from you.

How is Hull? Enjoying it so far?

Hull is treating me well. About to round up with dissertation. Glory to God. Hope you're okay? Regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:55am On Jun 12, 2016
BarrEgo:

Hull is treating me well. About to round up with dissertation. Glory to God. Hope you're okay? Regards.

Yea i'm good, time really flies.

All the best with your dissertation

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jeninial: 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
Pls is oanda conversion rate really valid? shocked shocked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarrEgo(f): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
justwise:

Yea i'm good, time really flies.

All the best with your dissertation

Thank you. wink

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lexyp(m): 10:34am On Jun 13, 2016
Good day,I really need you guys help have done all i can do to have back my application but is not working out going to 9months now have applied for a visiting visa and they haven't return my document and passports really need help if anyone can guide me on what to do.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
Lexyp:
Good day,I really need you guys help have done all i can do to have back my application but is not working out going to 9months now have applied for a visiting visa and they haven't return my document and passports really need help if anyone can guide me on what to do.

9months? Have you called or send them an email?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lexyp(m): 2:10am On Jun 14, 2016
Have called and email all i hear in return is under reconsideration,and am so in need of my documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 6:40am On Jun 14, 2016
Lexyp:
Have called and email all i hear in return is under reconsideration,and am so in need of my documents.
Oga,just make out time and go there urself,so u could get first hand information.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lexyp(m): 7:15am On Jun 14, 2016
I have gone there myself and they contact them directly from the submission centre and their relpy is under reconsideration,I just don't know if there is anything left I can do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lexyp:
I have gone there myself and they contact them directly from the submission centre and their relpy is under reconsideration,I just don't know if there is anything left I can do.

Request for the return of your passport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lexyp(m): 9:04am On Jun 15, 2016
Did you mean i should withdraw my application ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 12:10am On Jun 16, 2016
Guys, for those of you going to the UK for studies September this year, please kindly indicate. I think its high time we knew ourselves. It could help in one way or the other. please indicate and state your location. Probably you could find someone going for the same programme or same destination. You never can tell how helpful it will be. Thanks.
N/B: As for me, am heading to Coventry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:32am On Jun 16, 2016
Lexyp:
Did you mean i should withdraw my application ?

No, just return of passport..you need it for other application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2016
fizzile
Please do not post all in capitals.
It is like shouting and is bad manners on a forum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.