Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1340824 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:21am On Jun 16, 2016
worry359:
fizzile
Please do not post all in capitals.
It is like shouting and is bad manners on a forum.
Sorry boss.. corrected
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mobii: 1:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hi guys,

Justwise and house

Please I made a tier 4 application which was refused, While waiting on the decision to be overturned, my ihs fee was refunded. To God be the glory the refusal decision was overturned and I was notified of this by a phonecall from british deputy high commission at Walter carrington telling me the outcome and I was told to bring in my passport to the embassy. However after submission on the 26th of May, I am yet to get a phonecall telling me to come and pick up my passport with visa and my course resumes on the 26th of June.

Please how long does will it take before I get my visa? Does anyone have similar experience? How do I repay the nhs(ihs fee)?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
mobii:
Hi guys,

Justwise and house

Please I made a tier 4 application which was refused, While waiting on the decision to be overturned, my ihs fee was refunded. To God be the glory the refusal decision was overturned and I was notified of this by a phonecall from british deputy high commission at Walter carrington telling me the outcome and I was told to bring in my passport to the embassy. However after submission on the 26th of May, I am yet to get a phonecall telling me to come and pick up my passport with visa and my course resumes on the 26th of June.

Please how long does will it take before I get my visa? Does anyone have similar experience? How do I repay the nhs(ihs fee)?.

Congratulations!

You need to start emailing and calling them now to remind them of your course start date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
mobii:
Hi guys,

Justwise and house

They will not issue your visa until you pay the ihs fee again.
They will be waiting for you, they will not do all the work.
You must keep trying to contact them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mobii: 3:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
@just wise: thank you very much. Please do you have a contact I can reach them on?. I contacted the embassy on this number +234(1)2770780 but I was told to wait for them to contact me.

@worry539: thank you, please do you have any contact I can reach them on or do you know of how/what link I can repay the nhs(ihs) on?.

This waiting game is killing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
mobii:
@just wise: thank you very much. Please do you have a contact I can reach them on?. I contacted the embassy on this number +234(1)2770780 but I was told to wait for them to contact me.

@worry539: thank you, please do you have any contact I can reach them on or do you know of how/what link I can repay the nhs(ihs) on?.

This waiting game is killing.

No I don't have any other contact details, if you are not contacted by the end of the week then try again next Monday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 11:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
Justwise and Admins,please permit me to post this cos it will be of help to someone. Please.
To qualify for 2016/2017 NAE Post Graduate
Scholarship Award scheme, applicants MUST:
1. Possess a minimum of Second Class Upper
division in any of the relevant disciplines from a
recognised Nigerian university.
2. Have secured admission into a Nigerian or
Overseas university for a one year Master’s Degree
programme in any of the disciplines listed below.
3. Not be above 28 years of age by December 31st,
4. Have completed the one year National Youth
Service Corps (NYSC) programme.
Course of Study
Only candidates with offer of admission and BSc
degrees in disciplines related to the following areas
should apply;
• Geosciences
• Engineering (Petroleum, Mechanical, Civil, Subsea,
Electrical/Electronics, Marine, Chemical)
• Petroleum Economics
• Law (Oil and Gas/Petroleum)
Please note:
1. ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for
the aptitude test.
2. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with
details of the qualifying test via SMS and Email
(Ensure to provide valid email and phone contacts).
3. Employees of NAE and other affiliate companies
and their dependents are not eligible.
4. Current and past beneficiaries of similar awards
from NAE, other companies and agencies are not
eligible.
5. Please ensure you understand the Instructions
carefully before you start this application to avoid
errors and disqualification.
6. Strict compliance with above guidelines is
required.
7. Application closes midnight, 26th June, 2016.
The Computer Based Test for shortlisted candidates
shall be conducted on 9th July, 2016
Apply through here: http://scholastica.ng/schemes/
naescholarships
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 2:46am On Jun 17, 2016
BarrEgo:
Boy! Am I happy that your "blunt"negativity was wrong! Visa granted within 4 days. Lesson: don't be hasty in arriving at negative conclusions.

Hello BarrEgo. I just want to say that your positivity is amazing and I hope it rubs off on me.
I've been reading your posts on the 'coming to Nederlands' thread and I love how helpful and positive your posts are.
Keep it up.
p.s: can i send you a pm later? I have a feeling i can learn a lot from you.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chucksbadt(m): 11:14am On Jun 17, 2016
Cc justwise OlowoB

Good day house, heading to university of Huddersfield this September for my MSc. Please av got a few questions to ask

1. What is this NHS surcharge am hearing about, is it compulsory one pays for it?, if yes how much will it cost me?
2. Am planning to travel down with £800, will that be enough for atleast my first 2 months(accommodation/feeding)? Heard huddersfield is not an expensive city
3. Heard d current visa fee for tier 4 students is $499, hope am right.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:39am On Jun 17, 2016
chucksbadt:
Cc justwise OlowoB

Good day house, heading to university of Huddersfield this September for my MSc. Please av got a few questions to ask

1. What is this NHS surcharge am hearing about, is it compulsory one pays for it?, if yes how much will it cost me?
2. Am planning to travel down with £800, will that be enough for atleast my first 2 months(accommodation/feeding)? Heard huddersfield is not an expensive city

NHS is a health charge..sort of health insurance fees and its £150 per year. Yes it's compulsory to pay that during your visa application.

The only way you can survive on that amount is if your rent and bills are £300 per month then that leaves you with £200 for feeding.

Current visa fees is £328.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mobii: 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
justwise:

No I don't have any other contact details, if you are not contacted by the end of the week then try again next Monday

I am so excited! Thanks justwise and house . I got my visa today. Will be back to share my full testimony in a few days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
mobii:

I am so excited! Thanks justwise and house . I got my visa today. Will be back to share my full testimony in a few days

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hello Justwise,

Please when is the earliest to put in for Visa Application for a Course Starting Sept. 19th?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
safex101:
Hello Justwise,

Please when is the earliest to put in for Visa Application for a Course Starting Sept. 19th?

July is not bad.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2016
chucksbadt:
Cc justwise OlowoB

Your questions have been answered already but i am more interested in what happens after 2 months when the money is exhausted, what is actually your plan? can you share it so at least people on this forum will guide you appropriately. Please ask as many questions as possible here and don't make assumptions.

On the other hand, i think £800 should last you for two months based on two assumptions (1) That you will bring food stuffs from Nigeria which should last you for 2 months (2) Accommodation will be cheap like you said in huddersfield.

Accommodation + bills for 2 months = £640 (lets say at £320 for each month)

Toiletries and other petty things = Try and not spend more than £60 for the 2 months (since you are on a tight budget)

2 months bus pass (you will need this for transport ) = budget at least £100 (£50 for each month)

You can check sites such as Gumtree to have an idea of the price for accommodation. If i am less busy, i can help you check it and then post it here later on.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chucksbadt(m): 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
OlowoB:

Your questions have been answered already but i am more interested in what happens after 2 months when the money is exhausted, what is actually your plan? can you share it so at least people on this forum will guide you appropriately. Please ask as many questions as possible here and don't make assumptions.

On the other hand, i think £800 should last you for two months based on two assumptions (1) That you will bring food stuffs from Nigeria which should last you for 2 months (2) Accommodation will be cheap like you said in huddersfield.

Accommodation + bills for 2 months = £640 (lets say at £320 for each month)

Toiletries and other petty things = Try and not spend more than £60 for the 2 months (since you are on a tight budget).

2 months bus pass (you will need this for transport ) = budget at least £100 (£50 for each month)

You can check sites such as Gumtree to have an idea of the price for accommodation. If i am less busy, i can help you check it and then post it here later on.

After the first 2 months, then I'll be receiving money from home on a monthly basis(provided i don't get a part time job by den).
And of cos, I'll bring a lot of food stuff from Nigeria and some *petty things* too......lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 8:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
chucksbadt:

After the first 2 months, then I'll be receiving money from home on a monthly basis(provided i don't get a part time job by den).
And of cos, I'll bring a lot of food stuff from Nigeria and some *petty things* too......lol

My brother carry go, you no get any wahala. God be with you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Furus: 1:08am On Jun 18, 2016
Please can I use my husband's bank statement for my application? I also have dependants
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 10:36am On Jun 18, 2016
Furus:
Please can I use my husband's bank statement for my application? I also have dependants

He'll have to transfer the money into your account and leave it for the 28days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 10:43am On Jun 18, 2016
Furus:

Please don't try it. Use your own account. I am not in the mood to type long now, if not I would have told you the serious problem someone is facing cos he used his wife's account for his application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Furus: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
Thank u for ur reply. Please can I use a joint account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Furus: 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
Please what if I'm signatory to my husbands account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 8:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
Furus:
Please what if I'm signatory to my husbands account?

Please ma, let me understand you well. You are Going for studies in UK right? Cos your earlier question was not explanatory enough.

If you are a tier 4 student you must not use your husbands account even if you are a signatory. You must use your own personal account.

On the other hand, I think joint account is allowed. Your name and your husbands name will be on the account. ( please confirm)

The best deal is.....Tell your husband to transfer the money into your account for 28days. That is what they want. Your own personal account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Furus: 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
Furus:
Thank you so much

You are welcome ma.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
Guys, i wana ask a question. Whats the implication of the new CBN policy with respect to the flexible forex rate on exchange rate we will use in calculating maintenance fee or other transactions? Will it in anyone affect or change the rate on oanda.com?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Luggi007(m): 11:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
fizzile:
Guys, for those of you going to the UK for studies September this year, please kindly indicate. I think its high time we knew ourselves. It could help in one way or the other. please indicate and state your location. Probably you could find someone going for the same programme or same destination. You never can tell how helpful it will be. Thanks.
N/B: As for me, am heading to Coventry

Nice one Fizzle.

Im heading to Teesside university in middlesbrough for a one year top-up course.

Is anyone going that way
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 12:23am On Jun 20, 2016
fizzile:
Guys, i wana ask a question. Whats the implication of the new CBN policy with respect to the flexible forex rate on exchange rate we will use in calculating maintenance fee or other transactions? Will it in anyone affect or change the rate on oanda.com?
My account officer pointed out that if the payment of the tuition fees(form A) had not gone through before the policy was introduced the new rate may affect it depending and yes the official rate would also be affected meaning it would affect the maintenance thats what my account officer said as at friday. So fingers crossed till Monday you can also get in touch with your bank. Has your payment been received by the school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:38am On Jun 20, 2016
MrsF:

My account officer pointed out that if the payment of the tuition fees(form A) had not gone through before the policy was introduced the new rate may affect it depending and yes the official rate would also be affected meaning it would affect the maintenance thats what my account officer said as at friday. So fingers crossed till Monday you can also get in touch with your bank. Has your payment been received by the school?
As for my payment, i was debited then my banker said he will request for my telex then send it to me. Hope it won't be reversed? cos i was charged based on the cbn rate as at then. they actually didnt grant me everything i requested for sha. i just hope they don't reverse it oooo.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 8:40am On Jun 20, 2016
fizzile:
As for my payment, i was debited then my banker said he will request for my telex then send it to me. Hope it won't be reversed? cos i was charged based on the cbn rate as at then. they actually didnt grant me everything i requested for sha. i just hope they don't reverse it oooo.
I was debited too but he said he cant say for now

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.