Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1339872 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Xtension18(m): 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
kode12:

Submitted biometrics Dec 2nd,via standard application, and till now no decision has been made. Called UKVI this morning and they just wasted my money giving me the usual run around, even after escalation over a week ago.
I called them 2 weeks ago, they just wasted my money till now nothing

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 1:05pm On Jan 03, 2020
Xtension18:

I called them 2 weeks ago, they just wasted my money till now nothing
Spent close to 12k on calls now. The call centre agent that I spoke with today was so evil lool. She basically read all the pre-call instructions to me all over again, then offered zero help, only to tell me at the end of the call that I already had an escalation, and if she did another it'd put me at the bottom of the queue. The year is still new, if not I for use calabar juju take swear for am lol.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by excelchips(m): 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
Happy New Year house. I'm new on this platform and I plan to apply for Masters in CyberSecurity in the UK university for September admission but I will like to know if language test IELTS (Academic)/PTE is compulsory to obtain UK Tier 4 Visa. I notice each school has its own requirement as regards language and the school I'm applying to do not really needs it since you can convince them that you took you undergraduate course in English. Please, expert here kindly assist to elaborate, and if it is, which one is better to take out of ielts and pte. Thank you as i be waiting to reading from you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Xtension18(m): 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
kode12:

Spent close to 12k on calls now. The call centre agent that I spoke with today was so evil lool. She basically read all the pre-call instructions to me all over again, then offered zero help, only to tell me at the end of the call that I already had an escalation, and if she did another it'd put me at the bottom of the queue. The year is still new, if not I for use calabar juju take swear for am lol.
LOL..but this UKVI people need to do better, i never expected it to take this long to get a decision
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Criptonyte: 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
kode12:

Submitted biometrics Dec 2nd,via standard application, and till now no decision has been made. Called UKVI this morning and they just wasted my money giving me the usual run around, even after escalation over a week ago.

Too bad, if I knew it was going to be like this I'd have gone with the priority package. The cost isn't much of a difference compared with his standard package.

A girl who did her biometrics on the 3rd using priority just arrived in the UK on Sunday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by excelchips(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
Happy New Year house. I'm new on this platform and I plan to apply for Masters in CyberSecurity in the UK university for September admission but I will like to know if language test IELTS (Academic)/PTE is compulsory to obtain UK Tier 4 Visa. I notice each school has its own requirement as regards language and the school I'm applying to do not really needs it since you can convince them that you took you undergraduate course in English. Please, expert here kindly assist to elaborate, and if it is, which one is better to take out of ielts and pte.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Criptonyte: 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
excelchips:
Happy New Year house. I'm new on this platform and I plan to apply for Masters in CyberSecurity in the UK university for September admission but I will like to know if language test IELTS (Academic)/PTE is compulsory to obtain UK Tier 4 Visa. I notice each school has its own requirement as regards language and the school I'm applying to do not really needs it since you can convince them that you took you undergraduate course in English. Please, expert here kindly assist to elaborate, and if it is, which one is better to take out of ielts and pte.

Most schools in the UK accept WAEC or NECO provided you have a minimum of C5.

Now with IELT, you are to go with the academic.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nedu20(m): 1:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
dupylola:

Congrats Nedu. I am a silent member and We did biometrics same day but I used Super Priority so I got mine the following day. I was just quietly praying for all that had not gotten response and i’m glad yours came through. Thanks to all the gurus in the house.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jadue(f): 1:55pm On Jan 03, 2020
Okolomammma:
Anybody going to Conventry University here, please
Me ooooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
Xtension18:

LOL..but this UKVI people need to do better, i never expected it to take this long to get a decision
I never expected it to be as long either. My school resumes 24th so I felt, apply early December would give ample time for them to reach a decision. I guess I thought wrong. The wait isn't even the issue, its the suspense and having to suspend other major plans.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 2:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
Criptonyte:

Too bad, if I knew it was going to be like this I'd have gone with the priority package. The cost isn't much of a difference compared with his standard package.

A girl who did her biometrics on the 3rd using priority just arrived in the UK on Sunday.
Honestly I'd have done same too. Now it feels like being placed in limbo. Most coys will take in more staff during peak season to ensure a smooth proceed and adherence to their timeliness, I guess UKVI can't. @justwise @Zoey1 how come it's Indians/Pakistani that run UKVI call centres though?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Xtension18(m): 2:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
kode12:

I never expected it to be as long either. My school resumes 24th so I felt, apply early December would give ample time for them to reach a decision. I guess I thought wrong. The wait isn't even the issue, its the suspense and having to suspend other major plans.
My thoughts exactly..I don't know how to plan now and my school resumes 20th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ademola020(m): 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
Please, for the statement of account when it’s complete 28days , how many months am I supposed to print out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
kode12:

how come it's Indians/Pakistani that run UKVI call centres though?

It's possible the call centre is in a shared service centre offshore... maybe India. If that's the case then their calling them . They will only read off info on the screen. If the Visa person puts notes then great they can share that info with you ....If no then there just read back some standard response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Niyidaniel: 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
Anyonr here going to Northumbria University or any school in Newcastle?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mrkenth(m): 3:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
I did my Biometric 02/01/2020
Picked up my visa today ... Glory be to God .. even after 2 USA visa denial and 1 Australia visa denial .. God indeed suspended protocols for me ... I appreciate each and everyone of you that have supported this whole process... One love

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ibuske: 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
mrkenth:
Picked up my visa today ... Glory be to God .. even after 2 USA visa denial and 1 Australia visa denial .. God indeed suspended protocols for me ... I appreciate each and everyone of you that have supported this whole process... One love

This was fast..congratulations to you. Guess you opt for Super Priority Visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nedu20(m): 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
mrkenth:

Congratulations my man

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mrkenth(m): 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ibuske:

This was fast..congratulations to you. Guess you opt for Super Priority Visa.
yes

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mrkenth(m): 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
Nedu20:

Congratulations my man
thanks brother

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mindlog: 3:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
When I get my visa issued in Nairobi, will it be OK to fly down to Nigeria and depart for the UK from Lagos?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by funk: 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
mrkenth:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
mrkenth:
Please house I have printed out my statement of account and I have uploaded it and booked the available date of appointment which is Jan 2nd .. can I touch the money now ?? Since I have already printed the statement? My enrollment date is January 14.. I paid for super priority service.. I hope I’m on point..

Congrats ... very quick turnaround .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
mrkenth:

Congrats!!! New year gift from God!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kuru: 5:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hello House,
I am planning to study for an MSC, how many children can I bring to the UK as dependants besides my wife on a Tier 4 student visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by walesho(m): 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
My interview at the embassy is around the corner and a bit nervous,whats the interview environment like?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nedu20(m): 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2020
kuru:
Hello House,
I am planning to study for an MSC, how many children can I bring to the UK as dependants besides my wife on a Tier 4 student visa?

How many children do you have?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
kuru:
Hello House,

you can bring all if you have the maintenance requirement .........which adds up with the number of dependants
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by caleb00(m): 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hi guys, i got my dads bank statement emailed to me today but the statement wasn't signed and stamped, would that work or i need to get a signed and stamped version instead
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebosh: 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
Yes Northumbria
Niyidaniel:
Anyonr here going to Northumbria University or any school in Newcastle?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
caleb00:
Hi guys, i got my dads bank statement emailed to me today but the statement wasn't signed and stamped, would that work or i need to get a signed and stamped version instead

Go and get it stamped. .

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.