Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332952 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 12:30pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yes but Newcastle offers more courses.
London was recently opened
yusufDeveloper:

Why do they have campus in Newcastle and London. Or it depends on the course you want to study.?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2020
yusufDeveloper:

Why do they have campus in Newcastle and London. Or it depends on the course you want to study.?

Guess most University do that. Most people will prefer going to London campus compared to Newcastle. Majority of their courses in London are also in Newcastle. Is left for student to determine location he/she wish to study
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yusufDeveloper: 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2020
Phenmeson:

Guess most University do that. Most people will prefer going to London campus compared to Newcastle. Majority of their courses in London are also in Newcastle. Is left for student to determine location he/she wish to study

All right �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by SQMrProducer(m): 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
omopapa:
Biomedical sciences, nursing, associate physician (2 years degree that makes u “a doctor” without prescription power)

Hello omopapa, I have read all there is to read about the physician associate course but I will like to hear yours and anyone's views about the course. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

People don't really like scotland, I don't know why but Stirling University is a good school. I know people who did their masters there and are doing very well.

You can check UK universities ranking 2020. You can join Student room to ask for reviews and make friends there.

All schools have their pros and cons. Just know what you are looking for. Are you satisfied with your course module?

Yes, most people hate Scotland but we are loving it here cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2020
STENON:
Yes, most people hate Scotland but we are loving it here cheesy

Lol but why the hate cheesy? I applied to a school in Scotland since February haven't heard from them and this coro has taken over. sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ELff: 5:11pm On Apr 07, 2020
Please has anyone gotten offer from Coventry University lately cry, they are my first choice and it's been over 3 weeks I sent in my application. Any suggestions please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 5:11pm On Apr 07, 2020
It’s a general problem
ELff:
Please has anyone gotten offer from Coventry University lately cry, they are my first choice and it's been over 3 weeks I sent in my application. Any suggestions please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mctee07: 5:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
MPH is lucrative in the UK and VERY lucrative in developing countries, especially African countries. He or She might be lucky to get a job in the UK or work as an expatriate in other countries

Applicant should do further research

LaaJiblik:

Masters in Public Health is NOT a lucrative course, unfortunately (strictly my opinion).

If I may ask (for the sake of clarity and to help others), what type of job roles EXACTLY do you think your MPH degree will stand you out in the UK? Or anywhere in the world for that matter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by utchanny07: 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hello Gurus in the house.

I need your assistance to enable me make a choice. I'm struggling between choosing between 2 courses.

1. IT Project Management - Teeside University.

2. Data Network and Security - Birmingham City University.

I already have unconditional admission for the 2 programs.

I have 5yrs project management experience in the IT industry, Telecoms to be specific. An Electrical Engr. graduate.

I believe there are many here who are already in the system and can help make informed analysis for better job prospect in UK after graduation.

Thanks .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2020
Mctee07:
MPH is lucrative in the UK and VERY lucrative in developing countries, especially African countries. He or She might be lucky to get a job in the UK or work as an expatriate in other countries

MPH is lucrative in which UK ..... . False

I think that a myth (a widely held but VERY false belief or idea.). It has long peaked and the good opportunities if at all in UK are few and far in between

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2020
ELff:

You have to patient o...UK schools will be slow with their offer during this period and most of them are working from home. Even if you sent them an email they won't be able to do much.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2020
It’s expensive but it’s the new deal now. If you can afford it, it’s worth it u won’t struggle to get a job

SQMrProducer:
Hello omopapa, I have read all there is to read about the physician associate course but I will like to hear yours and anyone's views about the course. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2020
Someone who earns £8/hr outside london will live comfortably that a Londoner with £12/hr.

Phenmeson:

Other cities are more cheaper but London is like Lagos. Job opportunities are more in London, you can do other business. I still travel over 40miles to London to do my 9ja food shopping.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ELff: 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2020
Skymoore1004:
It’s a general problem

Okay. Thanks. Thought it was only me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ELff: 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

You have to patient o...UK schools will be slow with their offer during this period and most of them are working from home. Even if you sent them an email they won't be able to do much.

Okay. Thanks so much sis. I will be more patient.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by SQMrProducer(m): 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2020
omopapa:
It’s expensive but it’s the new deal now. If you can afford it, it’s worth it u won’t struggle to get a job

Thanks for this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tolextonia: 11:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
Omah7979:
Hi guys, I just got a conditional offer from university of Sunderland to pay 3400 what do you guys think?

I also got a conditional offer from University of Sunderland. I’m also to pay 3,400. Mine is top-up program because I have HND
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tolextonia: 11:20pm On Apr 07, 2020
Omah7979:
Gurus in the house I greet you all, please guys I just got a conditional offer letter from university of Sunderland and I was asked to £3,400 how long do I have to meet this condition?

I contacted the institution via email, they said 3 month to resumption
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BouharryArtikou: 12:24am On Apr 08, 2020
I wish someone who has gone to Northumbria University, London study centre (aka ‘Campus’) Would corroborate (or give a testimony) of the truth about that place. Especially their Project management (with advanced practice) course.

But unfortunately, some who have only attended admission fairs in Lagos would be the ones claiming authority.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:32am On Apr 08, 2020
Mctee07:

Maybe the meaning of VERY LUCRATIVE has changed.

Show me a screenshot of 2, just 2 UK jobs on offer right now, where an MPH is required or desired.
Let’s start from there.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jayfarm: 4:37am On Apr 08, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Oga read previous messages to understand.

That wasn't necessary. He's making a point still, his own point. You went completely overboard and out of rhythm with the Mofo thingy. Always always respect opinions, the world is a better place that way
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:55am On Apr 08, 2020
@omopapa, please this might be lengthy but I'll try to make it as understandable as possible. Bear with me.

While waiting for Bradford's decision on my English proficiency, I got a mail from Wolverhampton stating that even though their biomedical science course is accredited by IBMS, completing the course does not allow one work as a biomedical scientist afterwards, and this applies to ALL IBMS-accredited masters course, irrespective of university.

They said the M.Sc course was kind of meant for those who were already practising practitioners. The only way one can practice is by going for the undergraduate biomed course, or applying directly to the institute itself.

(Note: I haven't applied to Wolverhampton yet. I saw the caveat while trying to apply and decided to contact them to get more information on that)

Please, I'm confused. Isn't there a way around this, considering I already have another offer from Teesside?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by just4obitex(m): 8:45am On Apr 08, 2020
hello house
good day please i have some things bothering me, i did civil engineering in my degree level, and applied for Msc in environmental acessment and control in the university of derby. gurus in the house please is this a right move, i mean is environmental science a good course to study in the uk and what are my chances of landing my self an employment after my course. or is Msc in civil engineering more marketable in the uk. thank you in advance for your reasonable responses.

cc @justwise please bro look this way
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:39am On Apr 08, 2020
ELff:

I also applied to them first without any reply. Decided to apply to others and already getting offers

I'll suggest you try other schools if you haven't already
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 9:40am On Apr 08, 2020
BouharryArtikou:
I wish someone who has gone to Northumbria University, London study centre (aka ‘Campus’) Would corroborate (or give a testimony) of the truth about that place. Especially their Project management (with advanced practice) course.

But unfortunately, some who have only attended admission fairs in Lagos would be the ones claiming authority.

A word is enough for the wise.

Tanx BouharryArtikou for the advice.
Just want to ask if you attended the University. Do you mean that the Project management course (with advanced practice) is not a good choice. Can you explain more about the Tuition payment plan for International students.
Tanx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Elderss: 9:58am On Apr 08, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:
@omopapa,

While waiting for Bradford's decision on my English proficiency, I got a mail from Wolverhampton stating that even though their biomedical science course is accredited by IBMS, completing the course does not allow one work as a biomedical scientist afterwards, and this applies to ALL IBMS-accredited masters course, irrespective of university.

They said the M.Sc course was kind of meant for those who were already practising practitioners. The only way one can practice is by going for the undergraduate biomed course, or applying directly to the institute itself.

Please, I'm confused. Isn't there a way around this, considering I already have another offer from Teesside?

Hello Yampotatocarrot,

Personally, I think the university is right. MSc in biomedical science does not allow one to work as a BMS.
What qualifies the person is his/her undergraduate degree (not necessarily UK undergraduate degree)

1. Was your undergraduate degree in Biomedical science/Medical Laboratory Science?
1a. If yes, do you have any relevant work experience in the field?
1b. If No (to question 1), then you will have to convince HCPC that your undergraduate degree is relevant to BMS practice...If not, I doubt you will ever be to able to work in that field in the UK even with your MSc.

Your answers to the questions above will determine my further advice.

Kind regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Samopex05: 12:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
Hi guys, I am 29years old and married with no formal education. I am planning on writing GCE exam later this year as well as other exams required for me to gain an undergraduate admission into a UK uni. What are my chances of getting a study visa?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 1:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
Samopex05:
Hi guys, I am 29years old and married with no formal education. I am planning on writing GCE exam later this year as well as other exams required for me to gain an undergraduate admission into a UK uni. What are my chances of getting a study visa?

Chances are
1) pass your GCE exam
2)meet all UK Financial requirements
3) submit your application, pray and you get your VISA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.