Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (630) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1342867 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 9:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
Laugh in Latin
Phatkings:

Well for my intended course Cambridge or Oxford re no where near Aston
You can Google tho
MSc supply chain management
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 9:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
There was a caught grin
hosey:

If really you are super rich, you wont be worrying on scholarships and huzzling.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 10:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
Too much sense no go kill you. Very correct man spot on
hosey:

That 3000 pounds can sort out your accommodation in a cheap shared accommodation in Birmingham
for 250 pounds per month.

Also, with 3000 pounds, you can save and remove 20 family members from poverty.

Focus on developing yourself if you want to get job in UK. Udemy and coursera IT courses and project management course will help you a lot.
Many are free.

No one cares about your school. This is not Nigeria. It is about results here.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 10:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
You gats to open church when you reach there o
Phatkings:

My family members are well taken care of
Like I said God got my back
Worry not
Cos His eyes is on the sparrow and I know He watches over my family and i

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ELff: 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
I just got a conditional offer from Coventry University. They are my first choice and was hoping to get like 2k discount from the school fees but i didnt get any. A friend of mine got a discount. Would it be wise to write to the school in respect to that?

The School fees is 16,600 pounds and my education will be self funded. Considering my course (Business Analytics) would be a one year course and I might not have so much time on my hands to work along side to be able to pay the balance school fees, I was thinking I would go with my partner.

We have been together for almost six years and was hoping to tie the knot this year, but I have also been thinking if doing a really low key wedding almost at the time I am applying for a visa would raise eyebrows. I have records to show we have been together that long (pictures that dates back to 2014 and chats that dates back to 2018, he is a poor record keeper so i doubt he has anything. I am at a loss and would appreciate advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Your wahala sha
Not yours either yet you carry am for your head
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 10:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
Skymoore1004:
You gats to open church when you reach there o
Absolutely
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 10:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Laugh in Latin
Swahili nko
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 10:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Too much sense no go kill you. Very correct man spot on
Nawa just cos I say I wan go aston all of una hair stand
No be una money I wan waste
People money I wan waste no dey complaints
Humans and their itk attitude
SMH
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
lander237:

Dependant visas are NOT automatic. They are given on the condition of a genuine relationship and the Home Office has means of verifying this. If you get married to someone right before they ask for a Tier 4 visa in order to add you as their dependant, it is very likely that the visa will be denied!

The Home Office will usually seek proofs of a genuine relationship dating back to at least 2-3 years before the date the Tier 4 visa is applied, and you will have to prove it.

I am saying this because even if you paid the said lady 2m, it is highly likely that you would not have gotten the visa.

Finally, marriage visas in the UK have the same condition; prove of a genuine relationship of at least 2-3 years

Please let not add to immigration rule...……… Please show official link where the home office stipulates that your relationship should be at least 2-3 years .

No country can dictate for another the terms of their relationship. if I choose to meet someone today and marry tomorrow that is my cup of tea. all that is needed is to show 'genuine and subsisting : evidence of legal marriage certificate (genuine) and evidence that the marriage still exist (like a shared bill) or pictures, recent conversation etc (subsisting) , ....

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Access2017: 12:10am On Apr 16, 2020
Hello everyone,

I just got a conditional offer from the university of Northumbria ( course MSc. Microbiology) on the basis of providing sufficient evidence of a lab based research project.

Please I need your advice on how to go about it.

Many thanks...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by IsJustGrace: 12:21am On Apr 16, 2020
Finally got here, read from page one of this thread.
I celebrate all the big bosses ( Omopapa, Justwise, Lagosismyhome, Hosey, Eldress and you reading this post) for your contributions.
God bless you all.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 12:23am On Apr 16, 2020
Which advise again? Provide what you were asked and if you don’t have, find another alternative course that doesn’t require sending any evidence
Access2017:
Hello everyone,

I just got a conditional offer from the university of Northumbria ( course MSc. Microbiology) on the basis of providing sufficient evidence of a lab based research project.

Please I need your advice on how to go about it.

Many thanks...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 12:24am On Apr 16, 2020
Have to celebrate with champagne o. It’s not easy
IsJustGrace:
Finally got here, read from page one of this thread.
I celebrate all the big bosses ( Omopapa, Justwise, Lagosismyhome, Hosey, Eldress and you reading this post) for your contributions.
God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Franklyn4: 12:24am On Apr 16, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Please let not add to immigration rule...……… Please show official link where the home office stipulates that your relationship should be at least 2-3 years .

No country can dictate for another the terms of their relationship. if I choose to meet someone today and marry tomorrow that is my cup of tea. all that is needed is to show [b]'genuine and subsisting : evidence of legal marriage certificate (genuine) and evidence that the marriage still exist (like a shared bill) or pictures, recent conversation etc (subsisting) , ....
[/b]

if dem deny you visa, Isi gi epempe (ur head go small) . They are against double standard of any form
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 16, 2020
LagosismyHome:

No country can dictate for another the terms of their relationship. if I choose to meet someone today and marry tomorrow that is my cup of tea. all that is needed is to show 'genuine and subsisting : evidence of legal marriage certificate (genuine) and evidence that the marriage still exist (like a shared bill) or pictures, recent conversation etc (subsisting) , ....

Nice. Many of us that won the big offered scholarship rushed and marry our fiancee. Our wives all got dependant visa.

I dont know why people believe in rumours. Let us apply our education. Just follow the visa rules and definitely you will get visa.

Nice one again.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lander237: 12:48am On Apr 16, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Click on this link: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/869768/SWS_Dependant_Guidance_02-2020.pdf

and then read points 64 and 65 on page 12.

and I'd like to add; A marriage certificate does not automatically confer the genuineness of a relationship. However, shared bills, old pictures, old chats, etc in addition to a marriage certificate + the visa interview altogether is what is used by the Home Office to assess the genuineness of a relationship.

Also, no one is dictating the rules of your relationship but getting married on Monday and asking for a dependant/marriage/family visa on Tuesday looks fishy, especially when you apply from a "risk" country.

Here is the list of countries the Home Office considers as "low-risk": https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-h-tier-4-documentary-requirements
If your country is not on this list then...you can deduce by yourself...

I'm just stating the facts and talking from experience. At the end of the day, everybody has freedom of choice/action.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lander237: 12:55am On Apr 16, 2020
hosey:

Nice. Many of us that won the big offered scholarship rushed and marry our fiancee. Our wives all got dependant visa.

I dont know why people believe in rumours. Let us apply our education. Just follow the visa rules and definitely you will get visa.

Nice one again.

Like I wrote in the previous post, a marriage certificate is not the only evidence they consider when evaluating the genuineness of a relationship. Everything is considered all round. I'm sure you provided other evidence to show that your relationship existed way before your marriage happened.

thats all i'm saying pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mattfeuter(m): 12:59am On Apr 16, 2020
And just like that, this thread is turning to a marriage / spousal thing. . . Thought there was a thread for that?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lander237: 1:01am On Apr 16, 2020
mattfeuter:
And just like that, this thread is turning to a marriage / spousal thing. . . Thought there was a thread for that?

It is for Tier 4 applicants who wish to bring their family members as dependants

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mattfeuter(m): 1:04am On Apr 16, 2020
lander237:

It is for Tier 4 applicants who wish to bring their family members.

Really?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 2:07am On Apr 16, 2020
Lander237 was only trying to make a point calm down . This thread is also for people looking to bring dependents
mattfeuter:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mattfeuter(m): 2:14am On Apr 16, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Lander237 was only trying to make a point calm down . This thread is also for people looking to bring dependents

I get that but there is a pattern here if you haven’t noticed. . . Topic gets derailed , people start fighting/arguing, which leads to many hidden posts and all that.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 2:37am On Apr 16, 2020
Oh ok
mattfeuter:

I get that but there is a pattern here if you haven’t noticed. . . Topic gets derailed , people start fighting/arguing, which leads to many hidden posts and all that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:14am On Apr 16, 2020
lander237:

Click on this link: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/869768/SWS_Dependant_Guidance_02-2020.pdf

and then read points 64 and 65 on page 12.

and I'd like to add; A marriage certificate does not automatically confer the genuineness of a relationship. However, shared bills, old pictures, old chats, etc in addition to a marriage certificate + the visa interview altogether is what is used by the Home Office to assess the genuineness of a relationship.

Also, no one is dictating the rules of your relationship but getting married on Monday and asking for a dependant/marriage/family visa on Tuesday looks fishy, especially when you apply from a "risk" country.

Here is the list of countries the Home Office considers as "low-risk": https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-h-tier-4-documentary-requirements
If your country is not on this list then...you can deduce by yourself...

I'm just stating the facts and talking from experience. At the end of the day, everybody has freedom of choice/action.

Thanks for the link.... This 2 years relates to below and is not for married people . To those who are not married, there is not an official document such as a marriage certificate hence why something else is needed to show so that the law doesnt discriminate against those who want to be together but dont want to marry. Oyibo people are plenty like that

65. Where you are applying as the durable partner of a Main Applicant but are not married or in a civil partnership with them you will need to provide documents to show that you have been living in a relationship akin to marriage/civil partnership for a period of at least two years documents should therefore cover the whole of this period.

64. Where you are married or in a civil partnership to a Main Applicant, you must provide your marriage or civil partnership certificate to support your application. You should also supply evidence of the circumstances of your relationship including, but not limited to, documents listed in paragraph below.

66. Some suggested documents for demonstrating your relationship to the Main Applicant, include:
Partners (including spouses and civil partners)
• marriage or civil partnership certificates;
• bank or building society statements;
• Council tax bills;
• medical registration documents;
• utility bills.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:24am On Apr 16, 2020
mattfeuter:

It isnt fight really.... it more about clarifying the rules. UK immigration is very tick box exercise and straightforward.

I believe their Visa for work and school are usually the easiest to get, Their requirements are clearly stated , you meet it , check , you get it .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 16, 2020
ELff:
I just got a conditional offer from Coventry University. They are my first choice and was hoping to get like 2k discount from the school fees but i didnt get any. A friend of mine got a discount. Would it be wise to write to the school in respect to that?

The School fees is 16,600 pounds and my education will be self funded. Considering my course (Business Analytics) would be a one year course and I might not have so much time on my hands to work along side to be able to pay the balance school fees, I was thinking I would go with my partner.

We have been together for almost six years and was hoping to tie the knot this year, but I have also been thinking if doing a really low key wedding almost at the time I am applying for a visa would raise eyebrows. I have records to show we have been together that long (pictures that dates back to 2014 and chats that dates back to 2018, he is a poor record keeper so i doubt he has anything. I am at a loss and would appreciate advise.
This is what i've done recently. I got an offer for a course but later had interest in a differrent program. I chatted with the school that i need to review my program options and i was directed on how to make my request.
So, in your case, there is nothing wrong in contacting the school. Tell them you're self funded and expected to get a tuition discount included in your offer letter. If not granted consider your options.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 7:03am On Apr 16, 2020
Morning all. Bit information for all Applicant(postgraduate) on 1year course.
Different university have different ways to assess students performance (examination, coursework /dissertation). Which ever is the case, failure to graduate on time during 1yr course duration means, most students will return back home and find anyway or re-sitting for their exams. That means (Post study Work Visa) of remaining in UK is over.
'Look before you Leap'

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cyberknight: 7:14am On Apr 16, 2020
ELff:

There's nothing wrong with your getting married before you apply for the visa; as long as your partner has his maintenance and you can show your relationship is a genuine and subsisting one (i.e. you really are married and are not separated).

However, plan carefully re your fees. The UK had low unemployment of about 3.9% pre-pandemic, and that is definitely going to increase post-pandemic and consumer confidence and demand will grow only gradually. A strategy based on a partner working to earn the balance of school fees is going to be risky in 2020 - 21.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 7:29am On Apr 16, 2020
Cyberknight:

There's nothing wrong with your getting married before you apply for the visa; as long as your partner has his maintenance and you can show your relationship is a genuine and subsisting one (i.e. you really are married and are not separated).

However, plan carefully re your fees. The UK had low unemployment of about 3.9% pre-pandemic, and that is definitely going to increase post-pandemic and consumer confidence and demand will grow only gradually. A strategy based on a partner working to earn the balance of school fees is going to be risky in 2020 - 21.

Regardless of increase in UK unemployment rate, most applicant willing to get job of £7.50-£9 will continue to get the job except he/she is not interested in low skilledjob.
We still have people doing over 40hrs weekly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mctee07: 7:30am On Apr 16, 2020
Hi guys, kindly assist on the request below

Mctee07:

Hi guys

Hope we are all keeping safe

So i have 4 admissions and im trying to decide on which to go for, i would appreciate any insight as regards, job opportunities during study and after studies, living expenses and other relevant info. My first choice is Hertfordshire, but the fee is double of the others....lol Please see the schools below;

De Montfort University - MSc Advanced Biomedical Science - 1yr
University of Hertfordshire - MSc Nursing (Adult) - 2yrs
Teesside University - Master of Public health (Applied) - 2yrs
Birmingham City University - Master of Public health - 1yr

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cyberknight: 7:40am On Apr 16, 2020
Phenmeson:

Regardless of increase in UK unemployment rate, most applicant willing to get job of £7.50-£9 will continue to get the job except he/she is not interested in low skilled job.
We still have people doing over 40hrs weekly.

That works out to a monthly take home of about 1,300 or so at a standard 40 hour week.
And the low pay jobs you speak of will also not be in the quantity they were available before, except probably in eldercare. Other sectors of the service industries will take a while to return to previous capacities.

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.