Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1342990 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Ok but it’s tough sticking to visa terms eg 20 hours a week if you plan to work and pay tuition balance. At the end of the day only 10% actual gets PR through that route because they’ve kept to all TERMS.

It even very expensive cheesy.... all that years of schooling in the uk is no joke

In terms of sticking to 20 .... it's in the best interest of every student visa applicant to make sure what is recorded on HMRC is 20 hours. Everything is electronic now , so going against it can hurt someone in PSW, tier 2 or subsequent visa

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 5:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
Correct. My friends tier 2 got denied because of that more than 20 hours something but he got visit visa before so we were confused.
They even highlighted how he did not pay metro fine one time. We were amazed about their length of investigation. U.K. is like walking on egg shells
LagosismyHome:

It even very expensive cheesy.... all that years of schooling in the uk is no joke

In terms of sticking to 20 .... it's in the best interest of every student visa applicant to make sure what is recorded on HMRC is 20 hours. Everything is electronic now , so going against it can hurt someone in PSW, tier 2 or subsequent visa

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 5:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
It’s MSc Biomedical Sciences

Accreditation of a university’s BSc degree in a course DOES NOT automatically mean their MSc in same course is. That’s the assumption I made.

Yeah always check the governing body of ur course to verify if ur university of choice is on their accredited list.

hosey:

Please can you tell us the MSc course and university so we can discourage people from applying there.

For medical line, ensure your couurse is accredited by IBMS fir biosciences and medical laboratory science and NIMC for nursing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Omahladies: 5:26pm On Apr 14, 2020
quote author=hosey post=88377688]
Please what university and course so people can learn.

I dont want HND and third class graduate to waste their money on Postgraduate diploma or BSc top up program.[/quote] University of Sunderland course is HRM
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by JadioNG: 5:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
Please who’s in Birmingham?

I got a prospective student who needs advice. September intake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Omahladies: 5:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
Is anyone going to university of Sunderland September 2020? Please tell me what stage you're in preparation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 5:49pm On Apr 14, 2020
What’s the advice

JadioNG:
Please who’s in Birmingham?

I got a prospective student who needs advice. September intake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Franklyn4: 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
Omahladies:
Is anyone going to university of Sunderland September 2020? Please tell me what stage you're in preparation?

I am at the stage of waiting for the corona virus to disappear.......and at the stage of staying at home

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by JadioNG: 10:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
omopapa:
What’s the advice

Oh I mean what advice would you give to a new prospective student coming to BCU Business School in September. Tho offer letters came in from Manchester Met also but opting for BCU. Manchester Met has more accreditation but as said on here you need to develop yourself not looking at schools accreditation. Your personal profile and attributes goes a long was for your PSW.
BCU is accredited tho but Manchester Met has more and I believe BCU is trying to meet up also. Reading about BCU they’re trying their best also to keep the game on.

What areas in Birmingham is cool and reserved because I know city center will be very busy and noisy.

Anyone going to Birmingham for September?

Please advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Omahladies: 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2020
Franklyn4:

I am at the stage of waiting for the corona virus to disappear.......and at the stage of staying at home
I guess I can do that too lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 1:03am On Apr 15, 2020
JadioNG:

Oh I mean what advice would you give to a new prospective student coming to BCU Business School in September. Tho offer letters came in from Manchester Met also but opting for BCU. Manchester Met has more accreditation but as said on here you need to develop yourself not looking at schools accreditation. Your personal profile and attributes goes a long was for your PSW.
BCU is accredited tho but Manchester Met has more and I believe BCU is trying to meet up also. Reading about BCU they’re trying their best also to keep the game on.

What areas in Birmingham is cool and reserved because I know city center will be very busy and noisy.

Please advise

Yea I am going to Birmingham if God tallies not bcu aston University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by uche06: 8:36am On Apr 15, 2020
I am cut to choose between IT project Management or Project Management in UK
I studied library and information Science
Was considering UK schools
Please can anyone clarify me courses I can do that are part of shortage list?
Please is IT project Management part of it?
Your views abeg
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Calm054: 9:21am On Apr 15, 2020
omopapa:
I thought my MSc would be enough to get me registered with HCPC. I was wrong.

I had to have my BSc degree assessed by UK NARIC (£30 or so)

Sent my qualifications (BSc and MSc) including transcripts, module descriptors and UK NARIC statement of comparability to IBMS for assessment (about £280)

IBMS advised to do 2 topup modules.

2 topup modules (online) from IBMS ACCREDITED university £2200

After then you can apply to HCPC if you already have experience. If you don’t, you have to apply for trainee band 5 to compete a registration portfolio which will finally lead to being registered with HCPC.

Thanks for your reply.. I dont think I need to worry about that because I am already registered with HCPC, I also have UK Naric Statement.

Please my next concern is this, do I still need to worry about IBMS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by wongwe: 9:40am On Apr 15, 2020
Please i need your advise. I am a graduate of Human Anatomy, I finished with 2:1. I got offer at university of hertfordshire to study Msc adult Nursing (2 yr pre-registration program)

Tuition fee goes for around £12,500 per year. I can only afford a year. Course work and hospital rotation is very bulky and no funding from school.

Personally, Nursing is a lucrative and interesting field. Employment opportunities are 98-100%

Now here are my questions

1) is it advisable to go for a 2 yr Msc
2) What other options would you give someone with 5 million budget. Uk is not the final destination, just a leaping stone.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cyberknight: 10:21am On Apr 15, 2020
wongwe:
Please i need your advise. I am a graduate of Human Anatomy, I finished with 2:1. I got offer at university of hertfordshire to study Msc adult Nursing (2 yr pre-registration program)

Tuition fee goes for around £12,500 per year. I can only afford a year. Course work and hospital rotation is very bulky and no funding from school.

Personally, Nursing is a lucrative and interesting field. Employment opportunities are 98-100%

2) What other options would you give someone with 5 million budget. Uk is not the final destination, just a leaping stone.

Thanks

M.Sc Adult Nursing is a 2 year program everywhere, so you have to spend 2 years if you want to pursue this course. There is nothing wrong with a 2 year course as far as you can afford it.

5 million is just roughly 1 year's tuition fees in most UK universities. You need to provide evidence of your maintenance for 9 months, so you have to either increase your budget or seek alternative plans. Note that you cannot legally work beyond 20 hours a week on a Tier 4 visa (even if you could find the time when studying such an intensive course), so the possibilities of the much-dreamed of "working part-time to pay tuition" are practically nil.

If you want a degree in nursing and your budget cannot be increased, then try other cheaper countries, such as South Africa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 10:33am On Apr 15, 2020
Once ur registered with HCPC, registration with IBMS is straight forward and itch-free tho it comes with a token yearly subscription

Calm054:

Thanks for your reply.. I dont think I need to worry about that because I am already registered with HCPC, I also have UK Naric Statement.

Please my next concern is this, do I still need to worry about IBMS?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 10:51am On Apr 15, 2020
Aston area or Perry Barr is the cheapest and best especially for students.

There are about 4 African food restaurants around that area all within close proximity.

Rent is about £250 - £300 for shared accommodation

Transport systems is very good, you only need one bus to take u to town centre and you can purchase the day saver which is £4.80 or so which u can use all day and even travel anywhere within the West Midlands (Wolverhampton, Dudley, Walsall, Coventry)

Night life and clubs are AMAZING!!!

Jobs are readily available also

If u are a football lover, u will enjoy Aston Villa, Westbrom and Birmingham City FC stadium tour and maybe see them play live

JadioNG:

Please advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 10:54am On Apr 15, 2020
Aston is a good sch right at the city centre

Phatkings:

Yea I am going to Birmingham if God tallies not bcu aston University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 11:02am On Apr 15, 2020
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-k-shortage-occupation-list

uche06:
I am cut to choose between IT project Management or Project Management in UK
I studied library and information Science
Was considering UK schools
Please can anyone clarify me courses I can do that are part of shortage list?
Please is IT project Management part of it?
Your views abeg
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 11:15am On Apr 15, 2020
1. Yes because u will be able to apply as a registered nurse with NMC after ur 2 years programme

2. Ur budget is too low for this course. However, if you can get a family member to sponsor and support you I think it’s worth it.

Nursing is one of the professions on the shortage list and with the pressure on NHS at the moment, ur more likely to secure a job and even get LTR after ur studies.

But then again...(the bolded)

wongwe:

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 11:42am On Apr 15, 2020
omopapa:
Aston is a good sch right at the city centre

Yea so I heard and read online I did alot of research on the school and the course in the UK and world.
It's amongst the 6th best uni offering the course in uk
Top 25 amongst Europe
44th best offering the course worldwide
Tho tuition fee is kinda high but good quality education dosent come cheap.. God
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AlFath(m): 11:47am On Apr 15, 2020
Good Morning Fam,

Please can I accept more than one offer and decide later?

The university of Exeter I applied to still assured me a place on the programme without the deposit due to the Covid-19 pandemic, but it's conditional.

I have also received two more unconditional offers but I need to accept one before 28 days according to the instruction in the offer of admission.

@ justwise and others.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 11:53am On Apr 15, 2020
AlFath:
Good Morning Fam,

Please can I accept more than one offer and decide later?

The university of Exeter I applied to still assured me a place on the programme without the deposit due to the Covid-19 pandemic, but it's conditional.

I have also received two more unconditional offers but I need to accept one before 28 days according to the instruction in the offer of admission.

@ justwise and others.
Thanks.
Yea I think you can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
I was going to mention how expensive it is but didn’t want to discourage you

Phatkings:

Yea so I heard and read online I did alot of research on the school and the course in the UK and world.
It's amongst the 6th best uni offering the course in uk
Top 25 amongst Europe
44th best offering the course worldwide
Tho tuition fee is kinda high but good quality education dosent come cheap.. God
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mikeval001: 1:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
Guide: the UK Post-Study Work Visa for graduates
Author: Patrick Atack — Last update: 10 October 2019
International students who start their studies in the UK in 2020 or after will benefit from the new post-study work visa (PSW) for graduates. This usually means a work and residence permit of 24 months (2 years) after graduation. How does it work? Keep reading to find out:

What is the UK post-study work visa for graduates?
The UK post-study work visa allows international students to stay in the United Kingdom after graduation in order to find work, for up to 2 years.

The new visa rules will come into effect for all international students that begin their studies in autumn 2020 or later. During the first 2 years after graduation, PSW visa holders can work in any job they can find, and the goal is for them to transition into a general work visa afterwards.

The opportunity to stay and work for 2 years after graduation makes the UK an attractive destination for students seeking to start their international career. Few other countries in Europe offer such good conditions for their foreign students.

Find study programmes in the UK

Can you work in the UK after graduation?
Yes: The new post-study work visa rules will allow you to work in the UK after graduation.

From September 2020 any student enrolling at a UK university can stay in the UK after graduation for up to two years in order to look for work related to their degree or course. This applies to graduates of all higher education providers that are recognised as ‘licensed visa sponsors’ (see the full official list here).

The visa requirements for those graduates are expected to be the same as their original student visa rules, so unless your personal circumstances have changed, it should be automatic.

This applies to undergraduate (Bachelor), post-graduate (Master) and even PhD graduates.

The PSW visa is meant to give graduates more time to find a job after university; it does not affect how much you can work while you study.

Who is eligible for a UK post-study work visa?
Any international student on a Tier 4 visa who enrols at a UK institution from September 2020 will be eligible to stay in the UK after graduation to find a job.

This is an extension of rule changes which allowed PhDs to stay in the UK after graduation. The UK says this is because it wants to grow its STEM industry fields. From 2020 onwards the option will be open to all graduates.

Previously, graduates of Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees had only four months to stay and look for a job. With the new graduate visa rules, that has been improved to two years.

When do the post-study work rules come into effect?
The new PSW rules will be open to all students, on Tier 4 visas, who are accepted onto a course in the 2020 intake or later. So, if you’re thinking of applying to a course in the UK starting in September or October 2020, these are the rules that would apply to you when you graduate.

However, keep in mind that visa rules can change at any time, and that individual circumstances may be relevant. Make sure to follow public announcements for any future changes.

Will EU students need a post-study work visa for the UK?
It currently seems likely that, after Brexit, EU citizens would have to apply for the PSW visa to stay in the UK after their studies.

Any EU student who starts a course at a UK university in 2019 will qualify for domestic fees (‘home’ fees, as opposed to ‘international’ fees) for the duration of their course. Universities in Scotland have extended this to 2020 starters. (Read more: Tuition fees in Scotland)

But Brexit may have a negative impact on the rights EU citizens have to stay and work in the UK after they graduate.

At the time of writing, the UK has not agreed with the EU how it will leave, or what the relationship will look like after Brexit, but it is safe to think EU students will lose their automatic right to work in the UK after they graduate, and potentially while they study.

What happens after the post-study work visa ends?
The post-study work visa allows graduates to look for any kind of job, and they will generally be allowed to stay for up to two years after graduation. That means: For the two years immediately after you graduate, you will be able to work in any role you find.

But when that period ends and the PSW visa expires, anyone who wants to stay longer in the UK will have to apply to transfer to a ‘general work visa’ (or ‘skilled work visa’).

For this, your job must fit the visa requirements for a Tier 2 visa, the ‘general work visa’. That usually means you must be paid at least £30,000 per year; but for some jobs, this level can be higher or lower. You can check the Tier 2 eligibility criteria here.

Does it matter for the PSW visa which university I graduate from?
Generally, graduates from all UK universities are eligible for the post-study work visa. The condition is that the British government recognises it as a trusted institution, also called ‘licensed sponsors’.

However, this list is not set in stone, and it can be changed if a university fails to keep its “proven track record’ on upholding immigration and visa checks. So if you are studying or planning to study in the UK, it pays off to double-check whether your university is confirmed on this list.

Do I need a sponsor for the UK post-study work visa?
To qualify for the PSW visa you do not need a sponsor. A sponsor is usually needed for other visa types; typically this would be an employer.

In this case, the ‘sponsor’ is the university you graduate from - as long as it qualifies. Every international graduate from the recognised list of UK universities is eligible for the post-study work visa.

Does it matter what subject I study for post-study work?
No, the post-study work visa applies to graduates from all academic disciplines.

In 2019, the UK government had already relaxed visa rules for students graduating from a higher level degree, like Master’s or PhD, in STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). From 2020 this is extended to any graduate of any degree from trusted higher education providers.

You will have to study a full degree, though. The new visa rules do not apply to anyone studying a short course, an English language training course, A-Levels or the Baccalaureate.

Will Brexit affect post-study work?
The United Kingdom is leaving the European Union (EU), and this process is called “Brexit”. Brexit is expected to have a serious impact on the rights of foreign EU citizens studying in the UK.

However, for international students on a Tier 4 visa, it is not expected that Brexit will have a big effect on post-study work rights.

The new post-study work visa is seen by some as a response to Brexit, to ensure talented students still choose UK universities.

Depending on post-Brexit agreements between the UK and the EU, it is likely that students from the EU will eligible for the same post-study work arrangements as anyone else, as they will become Tier 4 visa holders.

Unfortunately, at the time of writing, the UK has not agreed how it will leave the EU, so the rules might still change. We will update this page whenever important changes are announced

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Anitaamich: 1:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
wongwe:

Thanks

Hi, I’m going for same course too.. I have gotten an offer with Hertfordshire but still waiting on other schools I applied to.

You can only do the course for 2years since it’s a preregistration course, you’ll need to up your budget a bit so you can be able to show proof of living expenses

UK is also not my final destination because nurses don’t earn much there compared to other countries, My plan is to apply for jobs in Canada when I’m done.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
omopapa:
I was going to mention how expensive it is but didn’t want to discourage you

18000 pounds
Got a 3500 scholarship tho
Applied for the 8000 scholarship too so it can be reduced to 10000 pounds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
grin
Phatkings:

18000 pounds
Got a 3500 scholarship tho
Applied for the 8000 scholarship too so it can be reduced to 10000 pounds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
[quote author=Skymoore1004 post=88474252] grin[/quot

Why you dey shine teeth u use close up brush e]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 3:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
No oh hahah I just like your confidence of waiting for the 8,000 scholarship ontop this CONVID19 wahala. Please update us abeg. Praying for you [quote author=Phatkings post=88474378][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
wongwe:

Thanks
Ye, very possible. If you are married or have an understanding spouse, you are good to go. Getting tier 4 dependant is another opportunity for your spouse to work full time in UK while you are studying and be able to support you. I have friends here working minimum 55 hours per week to assist their spouse by setting up a monthly direct debit from their bank account to pay school fees, while the spouse works 20hours per week to pay for just house rent and other Bills.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.