Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336010 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Heichhhh: 11:16pm On Aug 01, 2016
OlowoB:

[b]A legal guardian is accepted but it is quite complicated to be honest. If you are sure you can successfully get all documents needed, then go for it. I will post the requirements here.

To avoid repetition, i already listed what can be done using legal guardian lifted from the home office website. You can click the link https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4/57#47578703

Alternatively, Why not tell your uncle to put the money in your personal account? If your uncle is scared about his money, he can simply tell you to open an account in the same bank he uses and he will instruct the bank not to allow you withdraw the money out for the 28 day period plus extra weeks to submit the visa at the embassy. Immediately your visa is out, his account officer automatically transfers it back into his account. People who borrow students money for maintenance funds use this same method. I will suggest you talk to your uncle, using your own account is the best. Saves you unnecessary stress.[/b]

my program is to start September 5 , with the 28 days again , I doubt I can make it. I will just work on getting those docs. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 12:47am On Aug 02, 2016
MrsF:

Got back from work late just getting to the form. Im N46500 short wow!!!!!!!!!!!! From N182 on friday to today...
That's weird and devastating sad
What's causing all these?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 4:33am On Aug 02, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

That's weird and devastating sad
What's causing all these?
Good news MrsF, Oanda rate dropped this morning, it is now N415. hope it favours you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 8:29am On Aug 02, 2016
Morning guys I struggled with the ihs payment all night do u knw what bank card i can use? I saw that the rate dropped today im tempted to wait till tomorw to see if it wd drop further. I used an American credit card but it didnt go thru called d bank to inform them they said they are not the ones blocking the payment what cards did u guys that hv submitted use
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 8:44am On Aug 02, 2016
yomiselmer:

Good news MrsF, Oanda rate dropped this morning, it is now N415. hope it favours you?
Praying for same. Something just has to be done urgently. Between now and next two weeks, something positive should be experienced. It shall end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 8:46am On Aug 02, 2016
MrsF:
Morning guys I struggled with the ihs payment all night do u knw what bank card i can use? I saw that the rate dropped today im tempted to wait till tomorw to see if it wd drop further. I used an American credit card but it didnt go thru called d bank to inform them they said they are not the ones blocking the payment what cards did u guys that hv submitted use
I said it earlier that you should just be patient and you will see the rate drop. Believe me, before friday, the rate will drop to about 400. Be positive.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 8:48am On Aug 02, 2016
...and to all those embarking on their interviews this week, i humbly wish you guys the very best.
-- stay calm and focused and you will surely get a positive result
-- Please don't fail to post your transcript here so that we all can learn from your experiences.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 9:38am On Aug 02, 2016
MrsF:

from my personal experience I will advice not too. stanbic card was £1 = N406 when I wanted to pay my fees. I delayed and went for form A to save chicken change, then the atm rate went up further to N417 (because cbn rate went up) . I wanted to pay at N417, but because cbn rate came down on that day, i said let me wait, the atm rate would probably drop. then the next day, cbn rate sky rocketed, and also stanbics rate jumped to N466.

now I am paying my full school fees at N469.67 when if I wasn,t greedy, i could have paid it at N406. so MRSF. if todays rate favours you, then just do it, because nobody knows what tomorrow holds.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 9:44am On Aug 02, 2016
yomiselmer:

Oanda is for maintenance only, right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

Oanda is for maintenance only, right?
Its for maintenance only if you have paid full tuition. But if you have not paid full tuition, you will be expected to show the balance of the tuition and maintenance and both will be calculated based on oanda
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 9:54am On Aug 02, 2016
MrsF:

You can use GT bank naira MasterCard
That is what I used

Make sure the billing address and the address you used to open the account match
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 10:17am On Aug 02, 2016
Guys, paying through a relative, how many days will it take for school to send CAS?
A week??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by uncover: 10:28am On Aug 02, 2016
Hi Guys! I am hoping to submit application for UK tier 4 visa with my wife as a dependant partner. My school resumes on September 21. The challenge is that I want to apply for a study leave in my place of work which I should do at least one month in advance. And my wife's proof of funds won't mature until Aug 29 (28days counting). Could there be any issue if I apply for my visa now and my wife applies in a month's time? We intend to travel together by Sep 16th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 10:36am On Aug 02, 2016
fizzile:
Its for maintenance only if you have paid full tuition. But if you have not paid full tuition, you will be expected to show the balance of the tuition and maintenance and both will be calculated based on oanda
Thanks fizzile smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Samsontimy(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2016
fizzile:
...and to all those embarking on their interviews this week, i humbly wish you guys the very best.
-- Please don't fail to post your transcript here so that we all can learn from your experiences.
Hey guys, how long does it take for documents to get to Sheffield from the Abuja visa application center?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by amdx21: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
uncover:
Hi Guys! I am hoping to submit application for UK tier 4 visa with my wife as a dependant partner. My school resumes on September 21. The challenge is that I want to apply for a study leave in my place of work which I should do at least one month in advance. And my wife's proof of funds won't mature until Aug 29 (28days counting). Could there be any issue if I apply for my visa now and my wife applies in a month's time? We intend to travel together by Sep 16th.

From my personal experience there will be no issue, I got my Tier 4 Visa before my wife and child applied weeks later and we traveled together. That was in December 2015, I don't know what the rule is currently, you should go through the recent application guideline for more info.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by uncover: 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
amdx21:

From my personal experience there will be no issue, I got my Tier 4 Visa before my wife and child applied weeks later and we traveled together. That was in December 2015, I don't know what the rule is currently, you should go through the recent application guideline for more info.

Thanks a lot. That settles it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mzsI: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
i just had my interview today and i think it went well.
they just asked me why i chose the university i intend going to, my educational backround and how i came about the choice of my MSc course. he also asked why i chose to come to the uk as opposed to schooling in another country.

i think it lasted for about 10 mins. waiting for my visa, fingers crossed

fizzile:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jackxoxo: 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
Can a blood brother be a sponsor?

I have funds for over 28 days. so that's not an issue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yababoy(m): 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2016
Is anyone resuming at Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh this September?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timm: 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hello guys,

Please can I go and do TB test without my CAS? My school is yet to issue the CAS because I just sent my bank statement this morning.

In addition to that, if I do my Tb test, can I get the result immediately? What is the process?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2016
mzsI:
they just asked me why i chose the university i intend going to, my educational backround and how i came about the choice of my MSc course. he also asked why i chose to come to the uk as opposed to schooling in another country.

What card did you use to pay your IHS and visa application fee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
mzsI:

I'll simply say a big congratulations to you. You will surely get your visa. What school are you going to and what programme?
We are expecting more of these transcripts from others.
Let's keep the thread alive.
cc: mzsi
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
MrsF:

GTB card works perfectly. Stanbic works too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
uncover:
there is no issue. as long as she applies six months beforr your course ends...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
Guys, I started counting my 28days on the 20th and I actually used 370 to calculate. As it stands now the rate has actually increased beyond my expections. As it stands, I wl need to top up my account with about a million naira to be on d safe side and start counting again. My school resumes on the 26th of September. The money am expecting isn't forthcoming. My question is, if I start counting my 28days from next week, will it be late if I apply for visa on the 2nd week of September? And please what are the processes involved in the priority visa application. Please help. This is my time of need and this whole thing is weighing me down somuch.
cc: MrsF, MzsI, olowob,justwise,whatamidoinghere.
Thanks guys.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mzsI: 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2016
i had a dollar master card already loaded with dollars so i just used it. in total it was about $741
MrsF:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mcstar(f): 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
Timm:
Hello guys,

Please can I go and do TB test without my CAS? My school is yet to issue the CAS because I just sent my bank statement this morning.

In addition to that, if I do my Tb test, can I get result immediately? What is the process?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Yes you can take your TB test without CAS. All you need are your international passport and proof of payment which is a teller gotten from the bank.

You'll get your test result the same day. I did mine today at the Abuja Centre, appointment was 8.30am in the morning. Collection was between 4 and 5pm. Call any of the centers (Lagos or Abuja) to book an appointment for any day you wish and also to get payment details. That's all. No need for CAS but you must use the result within 6 months.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mzsI: 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
fizzile:
I'll simply say a big congratulations to you. You will surely get your visa. What school are you going to and what programme?
We are expecting more of these transcripts from others.
Let's keep the thread alive.
cc: mzsi

Cass Business School
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nneboo1: 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2016
fizzile:
Guys, I started counting my 28days on the 20th and I actually used 370 to calculate. As it stands now the rate has actually increased beyond my expections. As it stands, I wl need to top up my account with about a million naira to be on d safe side and start counting again. My school resumes on the 26th of September. The money am expecting isn't forthcoming. My question is, if I start counting my 28days from next week, will it be late if I apply for visa on the 2nd week of September? And please what are the processes involved in the priority visa application. Please help. This is my time of need and this whole thing is weighing me down somuch.
cc: MrsF, MzsI, olowob,justwise,whatamidoinghere.
Thanks guys.
Same shoes... I thought the agreement was to print the oanda rate for that day??
Why bothered?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
Nneboo1:

Same shoes... I thought the agreement was to print the oanda rate for that day??
Why bothered?

The VO will check the ONADA rate from the day of your application. If your funds are way off then as said you must top up and start counting again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nneboo1: 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
amdx21:

Did u use same bank statement

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.