Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,483 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1337465 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Krimsonkorra: 8:36am On Aug 04, 2016
I came across the level of course and qualification question and was a tad confused because on my CAS it says QCF_NQF7 but on the guide that I used to help fill out the form mentioned only NQF7 without the QCF affix. Is there a difference? Should I write it as QCF_NQF7 or NQF7, or does it make no difference?

I'm working on my tier 4 visa for Cambridge.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omotisa: 9:58am On Aug 04, 2016
[
Krimsonkorra:
I came across the level of course and qualification question and was a tad confused because on my CAS it says QCF_NQF7 but on the guide that I used to help fill out the form mentioned only NQF7 without the QCF affix. Is there a difference? Should I write it as QCF_NQF7 or NQF7, or does it make no difference?
I'm working on my tier 4 visa for Cambridge.
Thank you

I think QCF_NQF7 would do. Congrats on getting into Cambridge. Are you aware of the new pilot visa rule for those heading into Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial. They are not required to submit financial statements or academic documents in their application. Do you plan to apply under the new rule?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 10:09am On Aug 04, 2016
omotisa:
[

I think QCF_NQF7 would do. Congrats on getting into Cambridge. Are you aware of the new pilot visa rule for those heading into Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial. They are not required to submit financial statements or academic documents in their application. Do you plan to apply under the new rule?

N.B.
This is not an easy back door!
This is for elite students in 4 top schools.
You can submit fewer documents with your visa application: you will not need to include any financial documentation or your previous academic qualifications.
Please note that UKVI can request this evidence from any applicant as part of the visa process and will be making spot-checks under the pilot. It is therefore very important to ensure you hold these documents in the manner required although you do not need to submit them with your visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cranberry17: 11:24am On Aug 04, 2016
fizzile:
Cranberrt17, Please can you give us your transcript. Tell us how it all went, the things you were asked and your own tip to the house. i believe it will surely help a few others who will be going for the interview soon. Thanks

Ok. First of all, the interview was a video chat with a British guy; behind closed doors of a small box office. Although I made use of headphones, I could hear the Interviewer audibly and clearly. First things he asked me were my full name, Date of birth and Nationality. He was also quite friendly too, so I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. I remember him asking with a smile how I was doing and how my day was going?
He then asked me the following
1. The course I'll be studying and if it was an undergraduate or postgraduate course
2. Why I wanted to study in the UK
3. The reason for my choice of study
4. The reason for my choice of school

After the whole interview was over, he said that was all and told me to have a wonderful day. Thankfully, through out the whole interview he had no reason to ask me to repeat myself or speak up. He also kept nodding and passing comments such as "Fantastic!" and "Very good"; I guess he was impressed and satisfied (I just hope it goes a long way to help me in the success of my visa application"
Overall I can say it was a very good interview.

My Tips?
1. Be yourself
2. Be calm and Be confident (but not cocky)
3. Make sure you practice likely questions and likely answers. By now, everyone should know the most familiar questions they like to ask. However, be careful not to completely memorize your answers by heart
4. Be Honest (but be wise).
5. One thing I did was to sorta hint the guy that I was keen on coming back to Nigeria to start my career pursuits after the masters. So that they don't think I'm desperate or crazy about running away or overstaying my welcome. If they smell a hint of desperation on you, it might affect your application negatively.
6. Pray! Trust me it will help
7. Write a to do list for your documentation beforehand so that you do not leave anything out.

Now, I'm Just waiting to hear the good news and share my testimony smiley I wish everyone else who is yet to go for their own appointment and interview good luck; and I pray that the favour of God will speak for you.
P.S It's not as hard as you think it is, so relax cos God's got you.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omotisa: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
worry359:

N.B.
This is not an easy back door!
This is for elite students in 4 top schools.
You can submit fewer documents with your visa application: you will not need to include any financial documentation or your previous academic qualifications.
Please note that UKVI can request this evidence from any applicant as part of the visa process and will be making spot-checks under the pilot. It is therefore very important to ensure you hold these documents in the manner required although you do not need to submit them with your visa application.

Yes, I do intend to hold the documents when I submit my application next week; just in case. I look forward to sharing my experience whether the documents are requested for or not. I am curious to hear the experiences of others in the forum that are also participating in the pilot. Nonetheless, it is such a huge relief knowing that one might not be asked to submit the documents and that the process could be expedited for both applicants and their dependents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
omotisa:

Yes, I do intend to hold the documents when I submit my application next week; just in case. I look forward to sharing my experience whether the documents are requested for or not. I am curious to hear the experiences of others in the forum that are also participating in the pilot. Nonetheless, it is such a huge relief knowing that one might not be asked to submit the documents and that the process could be expedited for both applicants and their dependents.

I very strongly suspect that if the UKVI are not checking the documents or funds
that they will make the schools responsible for this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2016
Good afternoon everyone. I submitted my documents today. And I've received a message, few hours after stating that my documents has been transferred to DMC.
Keeping my fingers crossed and praying for a positive decision.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Samsontimy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
[quote author=soulhighman post=48187158]Good afternoon everyone. I submitted my documents today. And I've received a message, few hours after stating that my documents has been transferred to DMC.
Keeping my fingers crossed and praying for a positive decision.[/quote
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Todail: 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
Please I would like to ask if another account can be used in paying my fees apart from the one I intend to use for my visa application. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
Todail:
Please I would like to ask if another account can be used in paying my fees apart from the one I intend to use for my visa application. Thanks

Ofcourse, you can use any payment source
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Todail: 10:52pm On Aug 04, 2016
spikesC:

Ofcourse, you can use any payment source
Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 8:29am On Aug 05, 2016
Cranberry17:

Ok. First of all, the interview was a video chat with a British guy; behind closed doors of a small box office. Although I made use of headphones, I could hear the Interviewer audibly and clearly. First things he asked me were my full name, Date of birth and Nationality. He was also quite friendly too, so I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. I remember him asking with a smile how I was doing and how my day was going?
He then asked me the following
1. The course I'll be studying and if it was an undergraduate or postgraduate course
2. Why I wanted to study in the UK
3. The reason for my choice of study
4. The reason for my choice of school

After the whole interview was over, he said that was all and told me to have a wonderful day. Thankfully, through out the whole interview he had no reason to ask me to repeat myself or speak up. He also kept nodding and passing comments such as "Fantastic!" and "Very good"; I guess he was impressed and satisfied (I just hope it goes a long way to help me in the success of my visa application"
Overall I can say it was a very good interview.

My Tips?
1. Be yourself
2. Be calm and Be confident (but not cocky)
3. Make sure you practice likely questions and likely answers. By now, everyone should know the most familiar questions they like to ask. However, be careful not to completely memorize your answers by heart
4. Be Honest (but be wise).
5. One thing I did was to sorta hint the guy that I was keen on coming back to Nigeria to start my career pursuits after the masters. So that they don't think I'm desperate or crazy about running away or overstaying my welcome. If they smell a hint of desperation on you, it might affect your application negatively.
6. Pray! Trust me it will help
7. Write a to do list for your documentation beforehand so that you do not leave anything out.

Now, I'm Just waiting to hear the good news and share my testimony smiley I wish everyone else who is yet to go for their own appointment and interview good luck; and I pray that the favour of God will speak for you.
P.S It's not as hard as you think it is, so relax cos God's got you.
Great. I love this. Gradually the thread is coming alive with transcripts. To those embarking on their interview this month or next month, atleast you have a clearer picture of what to expect. Thanks alot cranberry17. More transcripts will certainly come and more testimonies soonest.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bal2012002(m): 9:13am On Aug 05, 2016
Hello All,
Many thanks for the information and assistance here, please I need some help here.
Planning to apply for Tier4 visa for myself, wife and daughter to the UK for my PhD.
When filling the form on the visa application website and the tls in Lagos website, is the filling gonna be done separately for the three of us or it can be filled together as one application.
Any further information and guidance would be appreciated.
Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by WILLIAMS10: 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
Pls nairalanders help me..I'm completely dispirited..I never knew how tough this forex thing is,until today. I'm trying to pay for my tuition deposit £2000. Due to time constraint(with visa in mind)the form A is a big gamble..the university suggested I use western union option,only for me to get to the bank this morning and they said there's a limit of $1000. Pls how can I pay this deposit..is there a limit on MasterCard payment?
@justwise @fizzle @et al
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
WILLIAMS10:
Pls nairalanders help me..I'm completely dispirited..I never knew how tough this forex thing is,until today. I'm trying to pay for my tuition deposit £2000. Due to time constraint(with visa in mind)the form A is a big gamble..the university suggested I use western union option,only for me to get to the bank this morning and they said there's a limit of $1000. Pls how can I pay this deposit..is there a limit on MasterCard payment?
@justwise @fizzle @et al

Split the payment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2016
bal2012002:
Hello All,
Many thanks for the information and assistance here, please I need some help here.
Planning to apply for Tier4 visa for myself, wife and daughter to the UK for my PhD.
When filling the form on the visa application website and the tls in Lagos website, is the filling gonna be done separately for the three of us or it can be filled together as one application.
Any further information and guidance would be appreciated.
Cheers

Have a look at the last page of the application form and if there is no button like...add additional applicant or something related then you have to make separate application

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by blank(f): 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
WILLIAMS10:
@justwise @fizzle @et al

Pay half with MoneyGram, i think max will be $1000 then pay the other half with your Mastercard. Some bank rates are lower than others. Some banks also have a cap of $1000 for forex transactions.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by WILLIAMS10: 2:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
justwise:

Split the payment.

Thanks @justwise.. Do I split the payment using only western union(the bank also said that the $1000 limit for WU is quarterly,which makes it impossible to split)? Or do I split the payment using GT bank ATM? Pls what's d daily limit for GT online transaction?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by WILLIAMS10: 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
blank:

Pay half with MoneyGram, i think max will be $1000 then pay the other half with your Mastercard. Some bank rates are lower than others. Some banks also have a cap of $1000 for forex transactions.

Hmmmm..nice idea..If I pay about $1000(which is like £600). I'll be left with £1400. Can I pay in instalments with MasterCard(daily)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by blank(f): 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2016
WILLIAMS10:

Hmmmm..nice idea..If I pay about $1000(which is like £600). I'll be left with £1400. Can I pay in instalments with MasterCard(daily)?

Depends on your bank. GTbank has a limit of $1000 per month. Don't know about other banks. MonyGram is per quarter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by WILLIAMS10: 2:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
blank:

Depends on your bank. GTbank has a limit of $1000 per month. Don't know about other banks. MonyGram is per quarter.
Good thinking..which means I can use two GT cards(my bro and my sis)to pay about $2000 then pay the rest using Western Union..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Eniakii: 2:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hello everyone,

Please, does anyone have a valid information about the TB certificate. I have just return from UK for my MSc and applying again for my PhD. Considering the fact that I have not spent up to 6 month in Nigeria, do I need to do the TB test again. Please, responses from people that have had this experience is highly needed.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2016
No you don't as you've obviously spent more than 6 months in the UK and has spent less than 6 months in Naija. If you are applying, I will advise you also state it in your additional info.

However note that even if you submit your visa application less than 6 months after you have left the UK, if you state your intended date of travel to the UK to be more than 6 months after you left the UK, you will require a TB certificate.

Eniakii:
Hello everyone,

Please, does anyone have a valid information about the TB certificate. I have just return from UK for my MSc and applying again for my PhD. Considering the fact that I have not spent up to 6 month in Nigeria, do I need to do the TB test again. Please, responses from people that have had this experience is highly needed.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by muami(m): 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
Eniakii:
Hello everyone,

Thanks

You have to.

I was in similar situation and was told l would only be exempt if l am a Returning Resident. A new Tier 4 visa is an entirely new permission to be in the UK. As such a tb test is required.

Note however that if you fail to do it, the ECO may still decide to grant based on your circumstances. He may well refuse based on the law. It's a risk not worth taking.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tobilistic7: 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hello. Please I need advise

I was given a scholarship (partial) that is to start 12th sept. I did my tb screening and was inconclusive. they told me till Oct b4 result. I'm very fine and OK,don't know how they arrived....pls your candid opinion
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Justyce(m): 6:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
tobilistic7:
Hello. Please I need advise

I was given a scholarship (partial) that is to start 12th sept. I did my tb screening and was inconclusive. they told me till Oct b4 result. I'm very fine and OK,don't know how they arrived....pls your candid opinion
where did you do the tb test?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview

Who doesn’t need to be tested
You won’t need a TB test if any of the following apply:

you’re a diplomat accredited to the UK
you’re a returning UK resident and haven’t been away for more than 2 years
you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months

Regardless of the type of visa and you've spent more than 6 months, you are exempted. You were told about returning resident which is corrent but i guess you weren't told about the bolded smiley

muami:

You have to.

I was in similar situation and was told l would only be exempt if l am a Returning Resident. A new Tier 4 visa is an entirely new permission to be in the UK. As such a tb test is required.

Note however that if you fail to do it, the ECO may still decide to grant based on your circumstances. He may well refuse based on the law. It's a risk not worth taking.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by muami(m): 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
Bourne007:
https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview

Who doesn’t need to be tested
You won’t need a TB test if any of the following apply:

you’re a diplomat accredited to the UK
you’re a returning UK resident and haven’t been away for more than 2 years
you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months

Regardless of the type of visa and you've spent more than 6 months, you are exempted. You were told about returning resident which is corrent but i guess you weren't told about the bolded smiley

Oh oK. The bolded wasn't there in 2014 when l applied. They must have added it after 2014.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tobilistic7: 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
Justyce:
where did you do the tb test?

Abj
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ade8889: 2:12am On Aug 06, 2016
I am trying to bring my dependent ( Nigerian fiancé and soon to be husband) to the UK. I am American and I have a tier 4 visa lasting 5 years plus sponsorship. My bf and I have been dating for some years now and we have decided to do a ceremony at the end of 2016. We met while we were in the UK years back. The problem is he overstayed in the UK because he thought he could find a job through sponsorship but that was a fail.

I was wondering will he be denied to be my dependent if he apply two months after the wedding. It wouldn't have been a year since he has left the UK. We have the money to show the 9X 850.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.