Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,821 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336082 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by muami(m): 6:49am On Aug 06, 2016
Ade8889:
I am trying to bring my dependent ( Nigerian fiancé and soon to be husband) to the UK. I am American and I have a tier 4 visa lasting 5 years plus sponsorship. My bf and I have been dating for some years now and we have decided to do a ceremony at the end of 2016. We met while we were in the UK years back. The problem is he overstayed in the UK because he thought he could find a job through sponsorship but that was a fail.

I was wondering will he be denied to be my dependent if he apply two months after the wedding. It wouldn't have been a year since he has left the UK. We have the money to show the 9X 850.

How long did he overstay and did he leave voluntarily at his own expense?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:23am On Aug 06, 2016
Ade8889:
I am trying to bring my dependent ( Nigerian fiancé and soon to be husband) to the UK. I am American and I have a tier 4 visa lasting 5 years plus sponsorship. My bf and I have been dating for some years now and we have decided to do a ceremony at the end of 2016. We met while we were in the UK years back. The problem is he overstayed in the UK because he thought he could find a job through sponsorship but that was a fail.

I was wondering will he be denied to be my dependent if he apply two months after the wedding. It wouldn't have been a year since he has left the UK. We have the money to show the 9X 850.

Most likely because of overstaying his student visa, I'm guessing he overstayed for more than 28days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Justyce(m): 8:26am On Aug 06, 2016
tobilistic7:

Abj
Since you said you are okay maybe you should ask them why the result will take such time because I can remember that when I did mine the said that if they find any trace of tb in the chest x-ray then I will be sent to another test which will take about 8weeks for the result to come then if finally it happens that I have tb I will be sent for treatment which they said will take about nine months... if they gave you certificate, check if there is any evidence of pulmonary tb.if there is, maybe you will need to go for a sputum test.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by uncover: 9:13am On Aug 06, 2016
amdx21:

From my personal experience there will be no issue, I got my Tier 4 Visa before my wife and child applied weeks later and we traveled together. That was in December 2015, I don't know what the rule is currently, you should go through the recent application guideline for more info.

I am currently on the immigration health surcharge page and I am trying to pay for the IHS. At the bottom where the summary of my details are, it says "You don't have any dependants". Does this have any implication? I haven't submitted my wife's application because her money hasn't matured to 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ade8889: 10:42am On Aug 06, 2016
Yes he overstayed the 28 days. Basically he was dealing with a lawyer. Well the lawyer gave him a letter two months later stating he needs to leave the UK. We don't know why the lawyer would give him the letter two month later.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
No it doesn't have any implication. It simply means you are not paying for your dependant's IHS at this moment. This can be done whenever she's ready.

uncover:

I am currently on the immigration health surcharge page and I am trying to pay for the IHS. At the bottom where the summary of my details are, it says "You don't have any dependants". Does this have any implication? I haven't submitted my wife's application because her money hasn't matured to 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ade8889:
Yes he overstayed the 28 days. Basically he was dealing with a lawyer. Well the lawyer gave him a letter two months later stating he needs to leave the UK. We don't know why the lawyer would give him the letter two month later.

Oh well..he just have to apply and explain his situation truthfully then the ECO will make the decision, if he get refused he can go for administrative review to plead his case with ECM.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
The basic rules regarding overstaying are;

If you overstayed for less than 90 days and left the UK voluntarily, not at the expense of the Secretary of State, you will be able to apply for a UK visa.
If you overstayed in the UK for more than 90 days, and left the UK voluntarily, not at the expense of the Secretary of State, you will face a ban for one year.

Check which applies to him and you can proceed from there.

Ade8889:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2016
Cc:justwise Claremont fizzile and others

Is it possible using Dad's company statement of account, he's the sole owner of the company.
Don't know if it's possible using the statement of account...

Will be grateful if I can get answers to this.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:
Cc:justwise Claremont fizzile and others

Is it possible using Dad's company statement of account, he's the sole owner of the company.
Don't know if it's possible using the statement of account...

Will be grateful if I can get answers to this.

Thanks
He can transfer the money into his personal account or your personal account to make things easier for you. The money can then be in your account or his account for the 28days, den print the statement, apply for your visa, after you get your visa, you can then send the money back into his account. I hope it helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
fizzile:
He can transfer the money into his personal account or your personal account to make things easier for you. The money can then be in your account or his account for the 28days, den print the statement, apply for your visa, after you get your visa, you can then send the money back into his account. I hope it helps.
But why, he's the owner of the company and I don't think there's anything wrong in that.
Why not company account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
Hi guys my sons Carer in UK is the one responsible for providing the maintenance funds under his child student visa and the bank he used Santander doesnt issue monthly bank statements for savings accounts just annual statements. They have given him a letter stating the amount in the account the date it was deposited and that the account balance remains the same till date and to contact them if they need more info. Will this suffice? We hv been to 5 separate branches and they said they dont issue bank statements for his type of acct. should i just submit the letter and keep my fingers crossed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

But why, he's the owner of the company and I don't think there's anything wrong in that.
Why not company account

Been said many times!
These are Western rules not African rules.
A company account is for the business of the company, not personal spending.
Business acc. and personal acc. should be separate.

These are the rules that the VO. will look at.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Samsontimy(m): 2:52pm On Aug 06, 2016
hello everyone,

Is there a problem if I have been refused the general visitor uk visa 3 times and now wish to apply student visa? Do you think previous refusals will affect my student visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
tobilistic7:
Hello. Please I need advise

I was given a scholarship (partial) that is to start 12th sept. I did my tb screening and was inconclusive. they told me till Oct b4 result. I'm very fine and OK,don't know how they arrived....pls your candid opinion

Hi,

You might have to defer till next year if your school's latest resumption date is way before the due date of your 8-week wait. I suffered the same fate from the Lagos office in 2014, even after bringing proof from three different certified and reputable clinics that there was nothing wrong with me.
More annoying cos even after I eventually deferred and retook the test with them the next year, they still made me wait, but thankfully I took the test in June so the certificate was out in early September, just in time for the visa application.
All the same, you can try to see if the Abuja people would reason with you. Although, trying to take the test in Lagos might be futile as they work with a centralised system and your passport number and personal details would immediately come up if they attempt to register you there.
I would strongly advise that you try to speak with your scholarship body and explain the situation to them, appealing for a deferral to next year as well.

Last last, there's nothing that is too difficult for God. So if your faith can carry you, you can pray for favour in advance before going to 'rub minds' with the IOM people again. Who knows?

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2016
Samsontimy:
hello everyone,

Is there a problem if I have been refused the general visitor uk visa 3 times and now wish to apply student visa? Do you think previous refusals will affect my student visa application?

Shouldn't be an issue, if you follow the Tier 4 guidelines. A friend of mine did this last year, with the same number of previous refusals. And funnily enough, she's the one that got her visa in 4 - 5 working days, without priority.

So no cause for alarm. Just take everything easy and all will be well. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2016
worry359:

Been said many times! These are Western rules not African rules. A company account is for the business of the company, not personal spending. Business acc. and personal acc. should be separate.
These are the rules that the VO. will look at.
OH, OK then. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by WILLIAMS10: 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2016
Since there's a $1000 limit for western union,can I get another person(my mum)to send another $1000 to the same person(the school)making it $2000;then I'll complete the rest deposit with MasterCard.Can it work this way?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2016
WILLIAMS10:
Since there's a $1000 limit for western union,can I get another person(my mum)to send another $1000 to the same person(the school)making it $2000;then I'll complete the rest deposit with MasterCard.Can it work this way?

blank:

Pay half with MoneyGram, i think max will be $1000 then pay the other half with your Mastercard. Some bank rates are lower than others. Some banks also have a cap of $1000 for forex transactions.

What happened to this advice ^?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bal2012002(m): 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
Greetings,
Kudos all for the love and support.
Please I would love to know the best route/airline to fly from Nigeria to Aberdeen.
Planning to travel with my wife and six months old for my my PhD in RGU.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2016
dannyabba:

Hi,

You might have to defer till next year if your school's latest resumption date is way before the due date of your 8-week wait. I suffered the same fate from the Lagos office in 2014, even after bringing proof from three different certified and reputable clinics that there was nothing wrong with me.
More annoying cos even after I eventually deferred and retook the test with them the next year, they still made me wait, but thankfully I took the test in June so the certificate was out in early September, just in time for the visa application.
All the same, you can try to see if the Abuja people would reason with you. Although, trying to take the test in Lagos might be futile as they work with a centralised system and your passport number and personal details would immediately come up if they attempt to register you there.
I would strongly advise that you try to speak with your scholarship body and explain the situation to them, appealing for a deferral to next year as well.

Last last, there's nothing that is too difficult for God. So if your faith can carry you, you can pray for favour in advance before going to 'rub minds' with the IOM people again. Who knows?

Best of luck.
Seems this lagos office have one issue or the other
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
fizzile:
Seems this lagos office have one issue or the other

Lagos IOM office not the VAC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Samsontimy(m): 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
dannyabba:

Shouldn't be an issue, if you follow the Tier 4 guidelines. A friend of mine did this last year, with the same number of previous refusals. And funnily enough, she's the one that got her visa in 4 - 5 working days, without priority.

So no cause for alarm. Just take everything easy and all will be well. smiley

Thank you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2016
dannyabba:

Lagos IOM office not the VAC.
So you mean they have a history of granting wrong test result even when one does not have TB?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 2:12am On Aug 07, 2016
fizzile:
So you mean they have a history of granting wrong test result even when one does not have TB?

LMAO!!!! This guy! Don't put words in my 'mouth' abeg. I never made such inference. Just shared an occurrence in response to tobilistic7's request for candid opinions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 6:55am On Aug 07, 2016
dannyabba:

LMAO!!!! This guy! Don't put words in my 'mouth' abeg. I never made such inference. Just shared an occurrence in response to tobilistic7's request for candid opinions.
lololzzzz.. Oga dannyabba, me I need to know oooo. So dat I will know weda to go to Lagos or Abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by blank(f): 9:06am On Aug 07, 2016
WILLIAMS10:

You can get as many people to pay the MoneyGram as you wish. The limit is one thousand per person per quarter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 11:50am On Aug 07, 2016
fizzile:
lololzzzz.. Oga dannyabba, me I need to know oooo. So dat I will know weda to go to Lagos or Abuja.
LOL! Just go and do it ASAP.
1. You don't need to have the 28 days complete before taking the test.
2. With CBN and FG's forex confusion, it's best to go for it before the amount for the test would skyrocket.
3. If you wait for too long, i.e. Till when you're ready for visa application, you might not be able to get a soon-enough date. That's what happened to me in 2014. I called in early July and the earliest date they could get for me for August 8th, more than 3 weeks away.

So in order to avoid delay and disappointment, kuku go for the test now and get the certificate. And know that all that's remaining is your financial statement.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by uncover: 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
Bourne007:
No it doesn't have any implication. It simply means you are not paying for your dependant's IHS at this moment. This can be done whenever she's ready.

Ok. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:06pm On Aug 07, 2016
dannyabba:

LOL! Just go and do it ASAP.
1. You don't need to have the 28 days complete before taking the test.
2. With CBN and FG's forex confusion, it's best to go for it before the amount for the test would skyrocket.
3. If you wait for too long, i.e. Till when you're ready for visa application, you might not be able to get a soon-enough date. That's what happened to me in 2014. I called in early July and the earliest date they could get for me for August 8th, more than 3 weeks away.

So in order to avoid delay and disappointment, kuku go for the test now and get the certificate. And know that all that's remaining is your financial statement.
Yeah you are right but the problem am having is that i stay far away from Lagos and Abuja. I stay in Calabar, and paying to take the test will kinda make me spend much, going twice. Am working with UKEAS and the lady promised that she will assist me when the time comes, instead of paying all the way to Lagos or Abuja to do the test then go back during the visa interview.
cc: dannyabba
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ade8889: 10:20pm On Aug 07, 2016
He overstayed 90 days plus, however, if he apply has my dependent (tier 4), does it have to be a whole year before he gets to come back. I was thinking since he will be legally married to someone who has a 5 year stay in the UK, he can still be able to travel to the UK. He just wants to be able to travel to the UK and see me but not necessarily live there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.