Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1339020 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Justwise nd olowob can someone pay for once accomodation from the maintance fee if staying outside london or one must leave the money intact in the acc too?

[b]I don't understand this question properly o but if what you mean is that will accommodation money be deducted from the maintenance fees if paid in full? partially.

The money you have put in the account for 28 days is your money for feeding and accommodation ( and also balance of tuition if that is your case) but home office allows you to pay about £1000 (i am not sure of the exact amount) to your school for accommodation. On the CAS, school will write, full tuition paid + about £1,000 towards accommodation.

If for example you pay all of your tuition fees and then pay all of your accommodation money to your school, the home office will only subtract about £1,000 (please confirm) from the amount you are supposed to have held in your account for 28 days. They (home office) can only deduct about £1000 or there about from the money expected to have been fixed for 28 days.

studying outwith of London is about £9,135 (please confirm these figures) , so therefore, home office will only check that you have held about £8,135 in your account if you have paid towards accommodation and of cos full tuition fees.[/b]

Seems i get your question now, leave the money intact till you get your visa or pay £1,000 to your school (if you are thinking of using school accommodation) and home office will only check for £8,135 (outwith London) provided you have paid all your fees.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
chuksbenin:
Hahahahahaha! Lotto? I just checked now. The rate will come down tomorrow. It's already 431 minimum and 452 maximum. If it remains like this till 22:00 when Oanda closes for the next trading day, it will come down tomorrow. My best pick is do ur applications on Wednesday or Thursday. Just check the rate tomorrow morning and compare with today. I can bet anything that the rate will come down below 450 tomorrow. I'll prove that this is not lotto. It worked for me.

Don't mind me, you may actually be right but to convince me more, can you come online here exactly past 10pm and say for sure the exact rates it will be tomorrow on Oanda and then i will believe you totally grin.

The rates usually drop on tuesdays, wednesdays and thursdays except last week that the rates dropped on Monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
chuksbenin:
Sorry bro but that's so untrue. Try it now. As a matter of fact, am on the site now. Put one pound on the left, Mark the equivalent, then put the Naira equivalent on the right, it will be less than 1 pound. Seems you've not done the experiment before. Lol

But wait oooo, if u put 1 pound on the left and it gives you 445naira on the right and then u reverse it and put 445naira on the left and it gives you 1pound on the right, what's the difference?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2016
fizzile:
But wait oooo, if u put 1 pound on the left and it gives you 445naira on the right and then u reverse it and put 445naira on the left and it gives you 1pound on the right, what's the difference?

Fizzle just do it the way you have been told.

For example, you have an idea of how much exactly you have in your account for 28 days right? Type it on the left to check if it is up to the pounds Home office requires of you. That is the way to do it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2016
OlowoB:

Don't mind me, you may actually be right but to convince me more, can you come online here exactly past 10pm and say for sure the exact rates it will be tomorrow on Oanda and then i will believe you totally grin.

The rates usually drop on tuesdays, wednesdays and thursdays except last week that the rates dropped on Monday.
Exactly. Let him come back and tell us the exact rates it will be tomorrow, not about minimum or maximum rate. Lolzzzzz.. Everyone knows the rate will certainly drop. Last week the rates affected not just pounds but other currencies
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2016
Do you mean to say this is the right way our money shud be? @peeps that have gotten their visa was this the way u guys did it? Or otherwise o

quote author=mzsI post=48708079]

i think a safer way to do it would be to choose the buying GBP option cos what you have when u put naira on the right is for selling GBP but what you wanna do is buy GBP instead so that the conversion rate to use. that was what i did anyway[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2016
OlowoB:

Fizzle just do it the way you have been told.

For example, you have an idea of how much exactly you have in your account for 28 days right? Type it on the left to check if it is up to the pounds Home office requires of you. That is the way to do it.
Alright. I will try it out. Naira left, pounds right.. Abiii? No probs.lololzzzz.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mzsI: 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
fizzile:

Fizzile, look at it this way, the buying and selling of GBP is not the same. it always costs more to buy than to sell at least by 1 naira. if you go to those northerners and you wanna buy from them they will charge u maybe 450 naira but if you wanna sell they will buy from u at maybe 448
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
BarryJones:
Please House

I went to Diamond Bank today to inquire about using Form A to pay my tuition.
I was told I will incur the following expenses:

1. 1% + 5% VAT of Naira equivalent.

2. $25 CBN charge

3. 5000 Naira Telex charge

Please did anyone experienced this?
Is this how its done? These charges are high. I might have to look for an alternative.
i guess it has always been like that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
This wht u get oh when u ve naira on left and pounds on right. Guess what everyone is sying we shud do is put pounds to left and then Naira to right. Asked my sch international office too they said its naira to left and pounds to right. Na e i come confuse more as ve put pounds on left and naira to right.

mzsI:

Fizzile, look at it this way, the buying and selling of GBP is not the same. it always costs more to buy than to sell at least by 1 naira. if you go to those northerners and you wanna buy from them they will charge u maybe 450 naira but if you wanna sell they will buy from u at maybe 448

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mzsI: 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
MrsDaniels:
This wht u get oh when u ve naira on left and pounds on right. Guess what everyone is sying we shud do is put pounds to left and then Naira to right. Asked my sch international office too they said its naira to left and pounds to right. Na e i come confuse more as ve put pounds on left and naira to right.

Hi Mrs Daniels,

everyone is saying what your school is saying. the screen shot you have is correct because naira is what you have and GBP is what you want
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
MrsDaniels:

From the pix u just uploaded, that means £1 is not even 445, cos from the picture its less than £1 pound. So how then will one know the rate the home office will use. The whole thing is just confusing. I'll still try it out anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2016
uncover:

use this link https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com
Thanks. I got my decision email later today though.
But I am a bit afraid as there is a line in my email that says "If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk."
Pls is it like that for everyone?
Cc: umarwy
Yommyselmer
Barryjones
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarryJones(m): 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
elope:

i guess it has always been like that

Thanks for your reply Elope

Please someone on this forum advised I shouldnt use Form A because it will waste time, as september is very close. I was banking on using Diamond Bank before @ 417 Naira, but the person said that Diamond Bank hasen't approved any Form A since August 4th.

Please what do you think I should do? I dont want to pay my remaining tuition @ 507 to £1. Please help me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
Of course it's not. Buying is more expensive. 445 is just for selling. The home office uses the buying rate cos that's what you will do. You have the amount in Naira to buy something in pounds.

fizzile:
From the pix u just uploaded, that means £1 is not even 445, cos from the picture its less than £1 pound. So how then will one know the rate the home office will use. The whole thing is just confusing. I'll still try it out anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2016
I'm really scared and I feel for people who are yet to apply. Currently on xe, the pounds is hitting a maximum of 758 to naira. This just happened and it's bad news for Oanda rates tomorrow. If it stays like this for a while today, we might experience an all time low for naira on Oanda tomorrow. I hope CBN intervenes today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
This is outrageous! God save this country.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
Thank God it just bounced back to 433 after 2 hours. I hope they pump enough foreign currency into the market to curb the crazy demands. Expect a crazy rate on Oanda tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2016
soulhighman:

Thanks. I got my decision email later today though.
But I am a bit afraid as there is a line in my email that says "If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk."
Pls is it like that for everyone?
Cc: umarwy
Yommyselmer
Barryjones

Go and collect your visa. It's like that for everyone. There just advising you against 419.

Nigerian money has turned out to be tissue paper.

***Update collected my PTA today cash, and deposited into my dorm account ( $1=n352)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
umarwy:

Go and collect your visa. It's like that for everyone. There just advising you against 419.

***Update collected my PTA today cash, and deposited into my dorm account ( $1=n352)
Thanks bro.
I was afraid when my Ugandan counterpart was saying it's not in her own email.
Naija situation sha. Hopefully, latest Thursday,it should be available for pick up.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 5:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
chuksbenin:
This is outrageous! God save this country.
Chuksbenin, why you dey put fear for our body? Take am easy naaa. You might not really understand how the system works. We have not really witnessed rapid increase or decrease except during the brexit. As at today, the dollar closed at 305naira. Take it easy bro. Only experts in the financial sector and those who know so much about how the fx operates can give a better explanation, else many will be busy thinking and thinking.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Pls justwise and olowob how true is the bolded statement. @chuksbenin pls did you get the visa using that process?

I'm not sure about, i wouldn't put my money on that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
Guys this is the email my school sent to me from international office. Means its naira to left and pounds to right biko and not the other way round.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarryJones(m): 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
umarwy:

Pls what bank did you use and how long did it take you to get it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Justwise nd olowob can someone pay for once accomodation from the maintance fee if staying outside london or one must leave the money intact in the acc too?

That wouldn't work because to be able to rent outside the uni you need to sign tenancy agreement and your passport and student ID will be needed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 7:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
But if one takes the uni accomodation one can pay from the maintainance money? Am just asking thou to see if i wanna consider it as an option i have the required 9135pounds in ma acc. Justwise pls my sch also gave me a discount of 1000pounds from my tuition fees. Am i to print out the email acknowledging that when i submit my application?

justwise:

That wouldn't work because to be able to rent outside the uni you need to sign tenancy agreement and your passport and student ID will be needed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 7:14pm On Aug 22, 2016
BarryJones:

Pls what bank did you use and how long did it take you to get it?

First bank. I think I applied last week Tuesday or Wednesday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
Its so disheartening that from the analysis being made regarding Oanda and the fact that the Naira will be on the left while GBP will be on the right, this therefore implies that today's rate at Oanda is actually 459 naira and not 445. This is not good news at all. Something has to be done ooooo.. Cos this is just not cool one bit. I refuse to be moved.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarryJones(m): 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
umarwy:

First bank. I think I applied last week Tuesday or Wednesday
Thanks
Please can I also pay my Tuition using First Bank Form A.?
I was planning to use Diamond Bank, but someone on this forum discouraged me, saying Diamond hasen't approved any Form A since August 4th.
Please how long will it take with First Bank? & whats the current rate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
BarryJones:

Thanks
I was planning to use Diamond Bank, but someone on this forum discouraged me, saying Diamond hasen't approved any Form A since August 4th.

You should have applied when the rate was lower rather than be guided by strangers here.
At worst you might have been refused, you may have paid by now.
Now you are starting fresh with the rate rising.

Also no good asking the rate here, by the time you get to the bank it will have changed again.
Stop asking questions and get to the bank to do something tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 7:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
BarryJones:

Thanks

Actually I asked the lady in charge of form A. And what she said was that it's not on now. But the window opens at random ( when dey like) so that sometimes open for just 30min.
But you can still go to the bank and ask for yourself you might be lucky

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by zaty: 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
soulhighman:

I applied on 4th august, it was received at Sheffield UK and being prepared on 8th, received by ukvi on 9th, awaiting decision email since then.

Hey man, sup with your visa decision?

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.