Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,274 members, 7,839,368 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1343704 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
I swear u wont bliv i askd an educational agent thats a friend of mine working with British canadian intl education popularly known as (BCIE) he was saying its pounds on left and naira on left i was seriously arguing with him eh. He said no oh it has to be pounds since thats what ur to pay to d uni as tuition. I was wondern how i wud put pounds when its naira i have. God help us from this agents. Thank God i came here to rub minds beta with u guys. @olowob thanks dear.

worry359:

Why are you making something simple so complicated.?

This side is LEFT......................................................................This side is RIGHT.
You put what you are selling on the LEFT (Naira)...............................You put what you are buying on the RIGHT (Pounds, or Dollars.)

Very simple.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
justwise:

grin grin you are a funny character honestly
dont blame me o... grin
justwise:

grin grin you are a funny character honestly
dont blame me o...lool.. i just wanna be on d safe side... because ive heard they denied some people for owing.. i didnt give birth there... i just want to be on d safe side...lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dopetv: 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
Good! Nice info on here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by viraltv: 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello House,

Please i need help on how to start my Uk Student visa application.

I just got admission for an Msc Course in Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen Scotland

I have been given a CONDITIONAL OFFER and told to make my Pre-payment of tuition fees before i would be given My UNCONDITIONAL OFFER

My Questions are as follows:

Can i use a UBA Bank Account to Make Payments?

What is the 28 day rule and how does it work?

Please you guys should not be angry......

I am Completely lost in this whole application process and i would like some body to put me through a step by step guide.

Thanks and God Bless!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nnamdi1815(m): 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
Please friends I need a little help, after paying my complete tuition fee the school requested I send my statement of account in other to issue CAS. Now the thing is this, I started counting 28 days from 17th August when 11385pounds was equivalent to 4.7m. I sent the statement today and as at today it has increased to about 4.9m, will the increment affect me? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
viraltv:
Hello House,

Please i need help on how to start my Uk Student visa application.

I just got admission for an Msc Course in Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen Scotland

I have been given a CONDITIONAL OFFER and told to make my Pre-payment of tuition fees before i would be given My UNCONDITIONAL OFFER

My Questions are as follows:

Can i use a UBA Bank Account to Make Payments?

What is the 28 day rule and how does it work?

Please you guys should not be angry......

I am Completely lost in this whole application process and i would like some body to put me through a step by step guide.

Thanks and God Bless!!!
to strt with, 28 days means ur maintenance of 9135pounds and remaining fees should be in ur account for 28calendar days.. the final balance shouldnt go below the total amount before ur application.
as dor using UbA, i do not know...if it is september u are planning to apply for or january..
ican only tell of diamond bank which i used last month and went thru in about five working days.
the second alternative i would suggest is doing a transfer with a dorm account if u have one. i also heard frm a FBN staff tht they do fees transfer so u might wanna make ur inquiries
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello house, my course is for 16 months, how many months maintenance fee will i need to show as evidence provided i have paid part of the tuition.
I know if the duration is for 1 year, one has to show 9 months evidence. Kindly advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
MrsDaniels, let me make it clear to you for the last time. It's the currency you have on the left and the currency you want on the right side. If you applied to schools in London who are on this new pilot platform, you will be told to do this specifically because the embassy allows them to assess the financial strength of students. These students don't get to submit their financial proof to the embassy because the embassies have strong confidence in the judgement of these top schools. A friend at the Imperial college told me this without mincing words. Thank you.

MrsDaniels:

Justwise see the email my school sent saying pounds on right and naira on left. Why is the international office giving misleading info now to their student. This so annoying!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 5:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
If ur sch wants to raise eyebrow tell them you wish to pay some amount for accomodation so it would reduce ur balance left and u can get ur Cas updated and issued to u after that.

Nnamdi1815:
Please friends I need a little help, after paying my complete tuition fee the school requested I send my statement of account in other to issue CAS. Now the thing is this, I started counting 28 days from 17th August when 11385pounds was equivalent to 4.7m. I sent the statement today and as at today it has increased to about 4.9m, will the increment affect me? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
I had this experience in Germany not in the UK. To be honest with you I don't know how it works in the UK. But in Germany all you need do is to notify them in the course of your application that you are aware of the debt and show ur readiness to pay up and give strong reasons why you weren't able to pay until now. Don't say you don't have money to pay o. That will jeopardise your fate the more. Instead use things like monetary transfer policy or say that you got the letter late and couldn't do anything. Just be as honest as you can. It wasn't a big deal for me though as I was debited during my registration at the Rathaus in Deutschland. Goodluck!

elope:

owing as in owing the NHS.. or anyotger owable body.... getting medical treatments and not paying... giving birth as a visitor and not paying... those kins of things
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by viraltv: 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
elope:

to strt with, 28 days means ur maintenance of 9135pounds and remaining fees should be in ur account for 28calendar days.. the final balance shouldnt go below the total amount before ur application.
as dor using UbA, i do not know...if it is september u are planning to apply for or january..
ican only tell of diamond bank which i used last month and went thru in about five working days.
the second alternative i would suggest is doing a transfer with a dorm account if u have one. i also heard frm a FBN staff tht they do fees transfer so u might wanna make ur inquiries

Thanks For The Info Bro, I am applying for the September Intake.
Have you done your Interview? And if Yes what is the process like
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
The live market is a bit stable between 430 to 435 to £1. It has not dropped below 430 today but then it has not gone above 435 too but it's still a long way to 22:00 when Oanda takes their average for the next day. Hopefully something will happen. All the best man.

Timm:
Yesterday wasn't a funny day for me at all. If my blood pressure was checked it will be as high as the heavens. Anyway, I got some respite after Naira took a upward path this morning.

I got my CAS today, my maintenance money was calculated based on N430 to a pound. And I also plan to pay for the NHS surcharge, priority visa fee from that same balance.

My question goes to the forecasters in the house, please do you think naira could be at 429 tomorrow?

When the money was lodged it never crossed my mind it will go beyond 405.
Please is it the final balance that will be used or other balances in the statement?
Will they check my account to see if the money is intact?
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nine months.

Aaybl:
Hello house, my course is for 16 months, how many months maintenance fee will i need to show as evidence provided i have paid part of the tuition.
I know if the duration is for 1 year, one has to show 9 months evidence. Kindly advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2016
chuksbenin:
The live market is a bit stable between 430 to 435 to £1. It has not dropped below 430 today but then it has not gone above 435 too but it's still a long way to 22:00 when Oanda takes their average for the next day. Hopefully something will happen. All the best man.

The Octopus has spoken. Just like the Octopus that predicted every win during the world cup,we now have one on the thread in the person of Octopus Chuksbenin. Well am hopeful it will reduce by tomorrow morning.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
mcstar:

I'm yet to get a decision mail. What about you? The 15 working days will be up in 2 days now. Who else applied from Abuja and is experiencing this please?
Any news yet? Please tell me you got your decision mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarryJones(m): 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
chuksbenin:
Best option is to get someone in the UK to pay for u, then u transfer the money to him/her. That was how I paid every damn thing. No time for bank hassles.

I hope I am not asking too many questions
Please at what rate did you pay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timm: 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
chuksbenin:

Thank you very much @ chuksbenin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
I paid mine through a Family account (Barclays) in the UK so I don't know much about the bank rates.

BarryJones:

I hope I am not asking too many questions
Please at what rate did you pay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lol @ octopus.

fizzile:
The Octopus has spoken. Just like the Octopus that predicted every win during the world cup,we now have one on the thread in the person of Octopus Chuksbenin. Well am hopeful it will reduce by tomorrow morning.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarryJones(m): 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2016
chuksbenin:
I paid mine through a Family account (Barclays) in the UK so I don't know much about the bank rates.

hmm
pls i need to understand better.pls let me PM u.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 6:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
chuksbenin:
Lol @ octopus.

Currently the live rate is 429.54. There is hope. Hopefully by tomorrow, we should have a rate between 425 and 429. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
viraltv:

Bro, don't you think its quite late applying for the September intake? Bearing in mind you start date and other processes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
fizzile:
Bro, don't you think its quite late applying for the September intake? Bearing in mind you start date and other processes.
Lol... If he does one day super priority visa, he'll make it. Hope he has held your maintainace money for 28 days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timm: 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
When completing the online form on Visa4UK website, there is place asking question about accommodation address. Is it advisable to use school address if one is planning to tell them at the interview that one will be staying at school accommodation?

Although, I plan to get off campus accommodation anyway, but for the purpose of completing the form and passing the interview I am thinking it will be okay to be consistent on that.

Any opinion on this point?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timm: 6:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
fizzile:
Currently the live rate is 429.54. There is hope. Hopefully by tomorrow, we should have a rate between 425 and 429. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2016
viraltv:

your name and dob, why u chose the course, why u chose the schoop, why u chose the uk, the name of ur schl, ur modules, what u know about the city u r going to, amd what u intend to do afterwards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
Just write the name of ur university. They won't bug u on this. They didn't ask me about accommodation but if they ask you, just tell them you are staying in the school.

Timm:
When completing the online form on Visa4UK website, there is place asking question about accommodation address. Is it advisable to use school address if one is planning to tell them at the interview that one will be staying at school accommodation?

Although, I plan to get off campus accommodation anyway, but for the purpose of completing the form and passing the interview I am thinking it will be okay to be consistent on that.

Any opinion on this point?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
yomiselmer:

Lol... If he does one day super priority visa, he'll make it. Hope he has held your maintainace money for 28 days?
Super priority? This kind period wey man dey find money? lolzzzz.. omor..dat money toomuch ooooo..hahahaha...Well its still possible anyway..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
chuksbenin:
Just write the name of ur university. They won't bug u on this. They didn't ask me about accommodation but if they ask you, just tell them you are staying in the school.

And what if they decide to check if u have made any form of payment regarding school accomodation like paying deposit. What if he books a hotel and then puts down the address of the hotel? Won't it be ok?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
See bro, these guys don't care about your accommodation as long as you have the money in your account. Besides where you will stay won't be an issue as long as you paid your tuition and still have money for accommodation and maintenance. I paid for accommodation but they still showed it on my checklist that I don't have any proof of accomodation yet. But the good thing is that all my payments were updated on my CAS so the home office knows that you have paid but the room allocation has not started maybe.

fizzile:
And what if they decide to check if u have made any form of payment regarding school accomodation like paying deposit. What if he books a hotel and then puts down the address of the hotel? Won't it be ok?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
MrsDaniels:

Justwise see the email my school sent saying pounds on right and naira on left. Why is the international office giving misleading info now to their student. This so annoying!

I see you are getting confused minute by minute... i don't blame you though

The mistake you are making is doing N1 to £1.. that means nothing.

Yes your second screenshot is correct if you want to find the value of a £ to a naira.

..but to calculate your maintenance money +school fees...

Put the whole amount you have for 28days counting on the left and see the £ equivalent on the right...that is what you school meant

..don't do N1 to a £
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
elope:

dont blame me o... grin
dont blame me o...lool.. i just wanna be on d safe side... because ive heard they denied some people for owing.. i didnt give birth there... i just want to be on d safe side...lol

Oh well..were you on student visa then or visiting visa?

If its visiting visa then make sure you contact the NHS hospital where you received the treatment and pay up before applying for visa else..

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.