Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista (2487 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by tudor(m): 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2009
@flyuche thanks bro, so wat cn i do abt improving my ram.as 4 d graphic card how do i knw which comes wiv ma system.and wat u think abt downgrading to xp, my processor is intel(r)core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50ghz 1.50ghz. Is it okay?
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by dejavus: 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2009
Most of the issues addressed in vista has been solved especially if you have SP1 installed, however you need a decent amount of RAM to run it effectively. Vista address security issue a lot better than XP. regarding gaming I have vista on my desktop and I am a serious PC/Console gamer. I have 6GB of RAMand ve been using Vista Ultimate for over 2 years now and I wouldnt go back to XP if my life depends on it. If you have to use vista, you can look online for some version of vista that has been trimed down so all the unnecessary bits and bob has been removed and its even less memory hungry than XP.
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by GeorgeD1(m): 12:48pm On Apr 14, 2009
@dejavus,
Looks like we're in the same boat. Most people complaining about vista now do so because the're
using systems which are not up to spec for the kind of jobs the're using them for.
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by candylips(m): 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2009
i think Xp is MILES better than Vista. I have a fairly high spec PC and things are still very slow particularly  copying and pasting stuff between directories or over the network. This is not the case with XP
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by GeorgeD1(m): 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2009
'fairly high spec' is a little bit subjective. try quoting figures.
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by blackweaver(m): 10:31pm On Apr 14, 2009
funny enough i actually believe vista's probably better than xp but that doesn't change the fact that i don't like it;
am not particularly impressed by the fancy aero effects and i guess i'm too used to having my menu above my navigation
buttons but the killer is the fact that th os requires so much memory; unless i'm using over 3gb ram i would always be thinkin
that with xp i would have more ram available for my user programs
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by GeorgeD1(m): 7:09am On Apr 15, 2009
Something must give for something. The extra features need memory to work with-that shouldn't
be a problem. Would you downgrade from an s-class to a vw beetle because the latter uses less
fuel to run? grin
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by oybv101: 8:43am On Apr 15, 2009
blackweaver:

funny enough i actually believe vista's probably better than xp but that doesn't change the fact that i don't like it;
am not particularly impressed by the fancy aero effects and[b] i guess i'm too used to having my menu above my navigation
buttons[/b] but the killer is the fact that th os requires so much memory; unless i'm using over 3gb ram i would always be thinkin
that with xp i would have more ram available for my user programs

http://qttabbar.wikidot.com/

this will give you back all your navigation buttons etal

sadly, its broken on se7en. . . sad. hope the author is able to fix it. . .

it has been said that adding more than 2gb of ram to xp shows no discernible benefits. . .and i'm inclined to agree, as i am dualbooting xp and windows 7 on 4gb of ram

Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by GeorgeD1(m): 10:57am On Apr 15, 2009
nice graphics, oyb. Keep it up smiley
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by TmeD0(m): 8:59pm On Apr 15, 2009
dejavus:

Most of the issues addressed in vista has been solved especially if you have SP1 installed, however you need a decent amount of RAM to run it effectively. Vista address security issue a lot better than XP. regarding gaming I have vista on my desktop and I am a serious PC/Console gamer. I have 6GB of RAMand ve been using Vista Ultimate for over 2 years now and I wouldnt  go back to XP if my life depends on it. If you have to use vista, you can look online for some version of vista that has been trimed down so all the unnecessary bits and bob has been removed and its even less memory hungry than XP.
Gbam! you've just taken the word out of my mouth! SP1 has truly addressed a lot of Vista issues compared to when i first test-drove vista, i immediately
downgraded that Piece of $hit!

however, since the release of SP1 (and i hear SP2 is round the corner) and testing Win 7, i've upgraded
my notebook back to Vista business, though it came with Ultimate.  i don't need all the other unnecessary bells and whistles wey Ultimate carry come.

Win 7 is a big step for MS o cause the machine i'm currently running it on only has 512mb (i intentionally used 512 after reading about Win 7 before it's beta release)
and it's running very smoothly.

the only reason i'm using Vista now is just to get used to d doggone thing before XP gets phased out in 2011 abi na next year sef  grin
so, all of una XP users, una no go get choice but to eventually deal with Vista o, as Win 7 = modified Vista o.  Peace!
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by tudor(m): 10:08pm On Apr 15, 2009
@dejavus and T@medo; pls what is the sp1 and what does it do, how do i get it.thanks
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by GeorgeD1(m): 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2009
Please tell them T@meD0. Hate it, love it, vista has come to stay grin
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by TmeD0(m): 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2009
George_D:

Please tell them T@meD0. Hate it, love it, vista has come to stay grin
Lol! abi o!  my broda as much as i no be Vista fan, i no get choice but to put the yeye thing back on my notebook and get used to using it.
na win 7 compel me to slowly waka back go meet Vista o as e be say na hin MS go eventually shove down our throats. 

@tudor, SP1 refers to Service Pack 1, which is in most cases a collection of updates, fixes or patches, and sometimes enhancements of
a program (Vista in this case) that's delivered in the form of installable packages. 

check your system to see if you don't already have it installed (u prolly do and just not aware of it). 
the quickest way to check it is to hold down the windows key + press pause/break key simultaneously--
that should bring up your system window and you can tell what version of Windows you're running and the service pack (if any) installed. 
Good luck.  Peace!
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by TmeD0(m): 6:38pm On Apr 16, 2009
George_D:

@dejavus,
Looks like we're in the same boat. Most people complaining about vista now do so because the're
using systems which are not up to spec for the kind of jobs the're using them for.

wo, na true u yarn dia.  i mean why would anyone in dia right senses wan run Vista with a 512MB ram and expect
signs and wonders when the min system requirement clearly states that the yeye thing require at least 1GB of ram. 
even basic sef no go run well on 512 despite say MS talk am say e go fit.  i tire o!
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by jinpachi(m): 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2009
[size=14pt]just use what you feel is best for you!! It doesnt matter if you are black (Vista) or white (XP) or Igbo (Vista) or Yoruba (XP)[/size]
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by GeorgeD1(m): 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2009
black, vista? white, xp? yoruba, igbo? wao! i never knew there are
vista and xp producing factories in this country now grin
pls tell us more grin grin
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by tudor(m): 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ T@medo Thanks bro,i'll do as you say and find out if i have d stuff
Re: Windows Xp Vs. Windows Vista by TmeD0(m): 8:30pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ tudor, No prob!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn How To Hack Yahoo Or Facebook Account For Free / How To Unlock Laptop With Bios Or Power On Password / A Coaster Bus For Transportation Can Be Hired Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.